PDA

View Full Version : Think Sanchez may regret going to USC?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/23/2009, 09:15 AM
This from SI:

Sanchez has limited experience behind center and only spent one full season as a starter. Sources from USC who came to Mobile said they fear Sanchez may turn out to be nothing more than a "one year wonder."

:eek:

Boomer.....
1/23/2009, 09:42 AM
And now it will happen to Mitch Mustain.

The_Red_Patriot
1/23/2009, 10:17 AM
And now it will happen to Mitch Mustain.

Who...Mitch Cumstein?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xNFPaPor8A

http://www.listphile.com/Six_Degrees_Kevin_Bacon/Chevy_Chase/image/chevy-chase-celebrity-photo.jpg

Widescreen
1/23/2009, 11:00 AM
I think calling him a one year wonder is a little generous. He's not that good.

rainiersooner
1/23/2009, 11:05 AM
Troy is falling apart. Wait until Sarkasian starts negative recruiting against them and spilling the beans about how that school operates. I love it.

ouleaf
1/23/2009, 12:03 PM
I can't blame Dirty Sanchez for jumping to the NFL. I'm sure he would have stayed another year if this QB class were stronger. After Sam, Colt, and Tebow all announced their returns, his chances of being drafted higher(make a lot more money) were a lot better. So even if he ends up being a flop he still has a chance of being drafted in the 1st round and earning a 1st round signing bonus.

OUstud
1/23/2009, 04:28 PM
Ever since Leinart and Bush left, there's been something missing from USC. Can't really explain it, they win 11 games a year, go to the Rose Bowl...but even as Oregon State got good, they were nothing more than an afterthought in BCS discussions. I was really surprised to see them disappear like that. And I bet in 5 years they will be on a probation not seen in major college football since Bama.

IBleedCrimson
1/23/2009, 04:37 PM
i only saw 3 usc games last season but sanchez didnt impress me particularly well at all. hes gonna get eaten alive if the lions decide to throw him to the wolves. the lack of experience under center mixed with limited starting action in college has all the signs of disaster

hes nowhere near ready

soonerfan28
1/23/2009, 04:58 PM
I think the combine may expose quite a few things and he'll drop with other QB's moving ahead of him.

JLEW1818
1/23/2009, 05:54 PM
i think freeman is gonna jump

bri
1/23/2009, 06:03 PM
Meh, I'm sure he'll be fine. I mean, he actually started a whole year; this is the school that can put a career backup into the NFL (see: Cassel, Matt). If he can play, he'll find a spot.

And hell, even if he can't play QB worth a damn he can make it in the league. (see: Jackson, Tavaris). :D

polamalu
1/23/2009, 10:31 PM
while Sam Bradford lost two games and his team finished #5. Sounds to me like Bradford needs another year. 60 points in 5 straight games, but when OU finally played a good defense they only mustered 14 points!

The Remnant
1/23/2009, 10:33 PM
SC's offense has not been the same since Norm Chow left. Great "D", however.

soonerfan28
1/23/2009, 10:36 PM
while Sam Bradford lost two games and his team finished #5. Sounds to me like Bradford needs another year. 60 points in 5 straight games, but when OU finally played a good defense they only mustered 14 points!

Notice how you said when OU played a good defense. He his 1 player and has already accomplished more then Sanchez would have had he stayed another year. Sam has all the tools and twice the intelligence so I think he would've been fine leaving this year.

bri
1/23/2009, 11:26 PM

Kind of like how your boy Sanchez sh*t the bed every time he faced a good defense?

Wait, is Oregon State even considered a "good defense"?

SoonerShark
1/24/2009, 12:57 AM

Who knew playing a team in a bowl in its backyard with the refs continually stopping play to reset the clock could disrupt a team so much?

RADsooner
1/24/2009, 01:03 AM
I think calling him a one year wonder is a little generous. He's not that good.

whaddya mean not that good............he led them out of BCS contention didnt he?.....oh wait :P

MALE918
1/24/2009, 04:47 PM
no, i'm sorry that was not a good defense. the db's for florida put on a clinic of how to grab, hold and hit early on every play. then when a team gets on a roll; fake injury. ryan sewell (db for ga dawgs a couple of years ago) mentioned to my wife and i how he was astonished at what the fl dbacks were allowed to do in that game. sorry the best team did not win that game. that's my story and i'm sticking to it.
as far as sanchez, he made the right decision on a money level (he would be behind sam, harrell, tebow and maybe even another couple next year) but a bad decision on preparedness (he's not even that phenomenal to begin with but only given one year of starting, sheezzz!)

Curly Bill
1/24/2009, 06:05 PM
no, i'm sorry that was not a good defense. the db's for florida put on a clinic of how to grab, hold and hit early on every play. then when a team gets on a roll; fake injury. ryan sewell (db for ga dawgs a couple of years ago) mentioned to my wife and i how he was astonished at what the fl dbacks were allowed to do in that game. sorry the best team did not win that game. that's my story and i'm sticking to it.
as far as sanchez, he made the right decision on a money level (he would be behind sam, harrell, The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah and maybe even another couple next year) but a bad decision on preparedness (he's not even that phenomenal to begin with but only given one year of starting, sheezzz!)

I'm not a Sanchez fan but he'd be taken ahead of Tebow, because no one sees Tebow as an NFL quarterback, at least not anyone with any sense.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/24/2009, 06:42 PM
Harrell is a senior this year..and he won't be behind him

BoulderSooner79
1/25/2009, 01:01 AM
I don't see how Sanchez will regret going to USC. He was in a big-time program for 4 years and got (or will get) a degree. He had to sit for most of 3 years, but for 1 year as a starter he looks to be rewarded with a day one draft selection. I guess he might regret not playing more, but that's the chance players take going to elite programs. His is leaving on a curious note due to Petey's behavior, but that will soon be forgotten.

85sooners
1/25/2009, 08:59 PM
f usc

sooner94
1/25/2009, 10:52 PM
There is a high correlation between number of starts in college and success in the NFL (unless its the NE Patriots for some odd reason).

That's exactly what Pete Carroll was getting at in the Sanchez press conference. One season as a starter is probably not enough. Not saying he can't be a good pro QB, but he would be better off with 12-13 more college starts.

BoulderSooner79
1/26/2009, 12:48 AM
Of course there is also a high correlation between number of college starts and how good the guy is too. But at programs like USC, even really good players have to wait their turn and won't get as many starts. Or maybe never start like Matt Cassels. I don't think another year at 'SC increases his chances more than spending that year with clipboard on an NFL squad *if he goes in the first round*. 1st rounders represent a huge investment by the teams and they will get every chance to succeed. If he has the talent, he'll make it.

oumartin
1/26/2009, 07:38 AM
I think he will do just fine in the NFL.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
1/26/2009, 07:56 AM
I don't think he will regret going to the SC. I think he will regret leaving early

polamalu
1/26/2009, 09:53 PM
why would anyone regret that move.

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2009, 10:15 PM
Ya think Sanchez regrets being dirty?

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2009, 09:30 AM
Maybe he too can back-up Kurt Warner someday!!

Maybe, someday.

Desert Sapper
1/27/2009, 09:49 AM
why would anyone regret that move.

Could be for a variety of reasons already mentioned. It might be that, outside of the NY Giants (who already have a really competent starter), he will never see the kind of major media love that he sees in LA. Plus, where else do 7 foot blondes grow on trees? :P

MamaMia
1/27/2009, 03:27 PM
Troy is falling apart. Wait until Sarkasian starts negative recruiting against them and spilling the beans about how that school operates. I love it.The media will put them back together again.

badger
1/27/2009, 04:34 PM
Troy will eventually fall, but not because of the Reggie Bushes or Mark Sanchezes.

Rather, it will be because of the trojan horses that UCLA's Slick Rick will start building around USC that results in recruits staying away. Recruits will listen to the dirt Rick Neuter dishes out, from "It is better to play three to four years than spend most of your college years practicing" to "The NCAA will eventually catch up with the Trojans" to "You can dodge bullets on the streets of Compton or relax in the Los Angeles sunshine at UCLA."

:D I bet Ricky's already saying crap like this, which would all be funny considering the trouble's the weasel's had in the past.

Scott D
1/27/2009, 05:47 PM
Maybe he too can back-up Kurt Warner someday!!

Maybe, someday.

or Jon Kitna.

polamalu
1/27/2009, 07:22 PM
I keep hearin there gonna fall, but recruiting suggests otherwise.

delhalew
1/27/2009, 09:28 PM
Troy will eventually fall, but not because of the Reggie Bushes or Mark Sanchezes.

Rather, it will be because of the trojan horses that UCLA's Slick Rick will start building around USC that results in recruits staying away. Recruits will listen to the dirt Rick Neuter dishes out, from "It is better to play three to four years than spend most of your college years practicing" to "The NCAA will eventually catch up with the Trojans" to "You can dodge bullets on the streets of Compton or relax in the Los Angeles sunshine at UCLA."

:D I bet Ricky's already saying crap like this, which would all be funny considering the trouble's the weasel's had in the past.

It would be hard for UCLA to suck much harder. I hope he can damage USC before he finally burns out.

I will not soon forget Little Ricky ranking us several spots lower than were we belonged in the final coaches poll.

birddog
1/27/2009, 10:13 PM

doesn't matter. you'll keep dropping a game you shouldn't and miss a chance to play for an nc with that weak conference you dominate.

polamalu
1/27/2009, 10:46 PM
ouch!

Scott D
1/28/2009, 12:25 PM

apparently the secret is know of a few improprieties involving a key player, and just stall the NCAA until the President of the organization dies of pancreatic cancer.

OUAlumni1990
1/28/2009, 04:05 PM
Ever since Leinart and Bush left, there's been something missing from USC. Can't really explain it,

I'm thinking the one thing missing is the six figure salaries since they got that close call w/ bush. Gotta get clean....now we will see the real SC.

mizzOUstu702
1/28/2009, 05:13 PM
And hell, even if he can't play QB worth a damn he can make it in the league. (see: Jackson, Tavaris). :D

Let's think about it though...Sanchez was the backup to a guy (Booty) who is the second backup (3rd string) to Tavaris...eh?

polamalu
1/28/2009, 08:59 PM
Matt Cassell didn't even start a collegiate game and he tore it up in the NFL. So your Sanchez/Booty theory is idiotic.