PDA

View Full Version : BCS athletes per state

Collier11
1/22/2009, 01:23 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/01/21/bcsrecruits.state/index.html

Pretty interesting, Oklahoma is 19th overall and 11th per capita...not too bad

TXBOOMER
1/22/2009, 02:40 PM
I would like to see that breakdown with starters. That would rid the roster of excess kickers and walk-ons etc.

L-Boy
1/24/2009, 12:17 PM
I would like to see that breakdown with starters. That would rid the roster of excess kickers and walk-ons etc.

That is pretty interesting. I think the per capita is most meaningful. Not surprising that FL is #1 (and I am not trying to boast - I live in TX these days) If you look at the number of schools that recruit in FL.

In other threads I have tried to point out this shows what a good job Stoops does, because his instate pool of recruits is so much smaller. I think that puts OU at a disadvantage against schools like UF or TX.

CORNholio
1/24/2009, 03:21 PM
117 players from oklahoma. OU is atleast half full of Texas recruits, so is Okie State these days, that says that a lot of out of state schools are wise to Oklahoma HS ball. The real winner in this competition is Mississippi. They have less than 3 million people and rank pretty high. I think Houston Nutt might just be okay in his new home. Oh and L-boy, OU is not at a disadvantage to Texas in recruiting. Recruiting Texas is just as easy for OU as recruiting in state. Texas HS recruits largely consider the big three homer schools--UT, A&M, and OU, like it or not.

L-Boy
1/24/2009, 05:36 PM
Oh and L-boy, OU is not at a disadvantage to Texas in recruiting. Recruiting Texas is just as easy for OU as recruiting in state. Texas HS recruits largely consider the big three homer schools--UT, A&M, and OU, like it or not.

Could be true - as to like it or not - it makes no difference to me, I am pretty much indifferent to the likes of OU or TX - generally I would have pulled for OU over Texas, mainly due to Stoops.

Desert Sapper
1/24/2009, 07:39 PM
We really need to do a better job of hitting FL and CA for recruits. That much talent has to go somewhere, and the baddest schools in the state can't give schollys to more than 20 or so a year.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/24/2009, 09:08 PM
I would just like to thank Vermont for their contribution

Doged
1/25/2009, 12:37 AM
I would just like to thank Vermont for their contribution

And in the same spirit, I'll send out a salute to North Dakota for participating. :D

bringit
1/25/2009, 01:10 AM
No surprise to me at all. Another thing for Texas to whine about.

L-Boy
1/25/2009, 01:39 PM
We really need to do a better job of hitting FL and CA for recruits. That much talent has to go somewhere, and the baddest schools in the state can't give schollys to more than 20 or so a year.

I would think Stoops may still have some inroads from his short stent at FL, plus I assume he still gets back to Crescent Beach, so a good excuse to get back.

I am always surprised when I see a handful of FL kids on the field even at some big 10 teams like Minnesota of all places.

MALE918
1/25/2009, 02:19 PM

Couldn't agree more.

the_ouskull
1/25/2009, 02:46 PM
I don't care how many stars are by a recruits name. If they don't give a sh*t about winning, I don't want them, regardless of where they're from.

the_ouskull

ratedrsuperstar
1/25/2009, 03:14 PM
Oklahoma needs to get more Georgia Players. Only two D1 schools in the state and ranked 4th per the list.

Sooners have done ok in the state (not counting Josh Jarboe)

Antwone Savage
Duke Robinson
Daniel Franklin
DJ Bryant

Tons of talent heads to other schools in SC, Ala and Fla every year.

batonrougesooner
1/25/2009, 03:25 PM
Oklahoma needs to get more Georgia Players. Only two D1 schools in the state and ranked 4th per the list.

Sooners have done ok in the state (not counting Josh Jarboe)

Antwone Savage
Duke Robinson
Daniel Franklin
DJ Bryant

Tons of talent heads to other schools in SC, Ala and Fla every year.

Hyble