PDA

View Full Version : OFFISHUL LOST season 5 thread

OKLA21FAN
1/22/2009, 12:52 PM
so the ole 'star trek' time travel dealio is in full effect. I hate to say it but the shark has been jumped. but i'm still sucked in.

and oh yeah.....Libby says Hi! :pop:

Collier11
1/22/2009, 01:15 PM
First of all, you have no idea where it is even going so how can you say the shark has been jumped?

Second, "the shark has been jumped" is the stupidest saying ever

OKLA21FAN
1/22/2009, 01:19 PM
its a past tense dealio....or is it future tense?

i need to find my constant

yermom
1/22/2009, 01:31 PM
First of all, you have no idea where it is even going so how can you say the shark has been jumped?

Second, "the shark has been jumped" is the stupidest saying ever

"jumping the shark" is greatness. it all started with Fonzie :D

and generally time travel is a shark jumping offsense, but the way they are doing it seems pretty cool so far

Sooner98
1/22/2009, 01:43 PM
No show has officially jumped the shark until Ted McGinley has joined the cast.

I don't care if they are doing this crazy time-hopping now, it's still one of the best shows on TV, if not THE best. I love that they even started the season with a Dr. Marvin Candle flashback!

King Crimson
1/22/2009, 01:49 PM
i'm willing to give Lost some shark jumping cred, unlike Heroes...which is crapola in a web of dumbass plot twists.

silverwheels
1/22/2009, 02:41 PM
This show is pretty weird, so I don't pay much attention unless Kate is on screen. Yum.

Collier11
1/22/2009, 02:58 PM
The thing with LOST is that it has had the potential to "JTS" several times but they always have something fresh and crazy, im not worried

OKLA21FAN
1/22/2009, 03:17 PM
70 hours

tulsaoilerfan
1/22/2009, 05:49 PM
This show is pretty weird, so I don't pay much attention unless Kate is on screen. Yum.

Juliet is my fave, but i'm still waiting for that episode where they get drunk on the Dharma beer and get it on :D :D

SoonerJack
1/23/2009, 09:37 AM
I thought it was a cool episode. I really wish they would not go so long between seasons though. It's tough to remember everything that has happened. Loved it when Hurley threw the Hot Pocket at Ben. lol

TexasSooner01
1/23/2009, 10:52 AM
Sawyer without a shirt for an hour was greatness!

Hurley was Awesome in both episodes. "Bloop"

OU4LIFE
1/29/2009, 08:55 AM
Man, Richard Alpert has always been a little intriguing, but Daniel Faraday is obviously just as old, and has so many crazy layers it's insane.

This show leaves me every episode wishing it was an hour longer. Always wanting more info.

swardboy
1/29/2009, 09:16 AM
"Charles Widmore?" Yassir, Locke!

Wowser....

tulsaoilerfan
1/29/2009, 09:42 AM
I thought last night was greatness; did not expect the Widmore thing at the end, but i sure would like to know what year Dez and the ones that got off the island are currently in

TexasSooner01
1/29/2009, 10:07 AM
Here is what i think...

Mrs. Hawking is Daniels mother
That Locke isnt really dead...Ben is using the venom from the medusa spider to keep him appearing dead to get everyone back to the island
Claire's mom is the one who is trying to get Aaron from Kate
And
Sun is up to something fishy...maybe playing Widmore to get back to the island...afterall Sun knows that Widmore was the one who sent the freighter to kill everyone on the island.

This show is awesome!!! Faraday is becomming one of my favorites...

We know how Widmore knows about the island and why Alpert was there to watch Locke be born...and probably why Alpert went to see locke as a child.

I need more LOST!

Collier11
1/29/2009, 10:11 AM
This shiz is crazy!!!!!

OU4LIFE
1/29/2009, 10:26 AM
Here is what i think...

Mrs. Hawking is Daniels mother
That Locke isnt really dead...Ben is using the venom from the medusa spider to keep him appearing dead to get everyone back to the island
Claire's mom is the one who is trying to get Aaron from Kate
And
Sun is up to something fishy...maybe playing Widmore to get back to the island...afterall Sun knows that Widmore was the one who sent the freighter to kill everyone on the island.

This show is awesome!!! Faraday is becomming one of my favorites...

We know how Widmore knows about the island and why Alpert was there to watch Locke be born...and probably why Alpert went to see locke as a child.

I need more LOST!

I'll take you one farther, the chick with the bloody nose thing, whatever her name is, I think she is either Daniel's sister, or daughter...that's why he claimed to 'love' her...and he knows exactly what's going to happen to her, and he can't stop it, or it will change the way things happen so he has to let her die. I'm thinking daughter that he fathered when he was there during the Dharma construction days...when he bumped into Marvin Candle/Chang, who is Miles dad.

this crap is so intertwined it's just nuts.

Collier11
1/29/2009, 10:34 AM
What about Dez's son being named Charlie, is that the "real Charlie" perhaps?

Hot Rod
1/29/2009, 11:32 AM
this crap is so intertwined it's just nuts.

The thing is, everything is so consistent and I can't find any loopholes in the stories. They watch out for stuff like that apparently.

Did anyone notice the polar bear on the painting in Whitmore's office when Desmond payed him a visit?

Collier11
1/29/2009, 11:36 AM
I cant believe how well they keep the story together with the flash forwards and flash backs and yet it still all makes sense, or eventually it will ;) These guys are either really smart, really detailed, or both

OU4LIFE
1/29/2009, 11:39 AM
http://www.getlostpodcastmedia.com/wp-content/gallery/5x03-ee/oxford.jpg

since they never make mistakes, doesn't that picture make you wonder why they changed the name?

swardboy
1/29/2009, 11:54 AM
Such a large ensemble cast, with so many divergent stories....yet you know it's all coming together. Greatness....

OKLA21FAN
1/29/2009, 01:11 PM
So there is a Big A$$ H bomb on the island that is 'leaking', and Danial says that he needs concrete to make the bomb safe again. Now where have we seen a concrete barrier before? Yep, the swan hatch and Sayid commenting that he had not seen a concrete barrier like that since Chernobyl. Me thinks the bomb at some point was placed in the 'concrete room' in the swan hatch.

Sooner98
1/29/2009, 01:36 PM
when he bumped into Marvin Candle/Chang, who is Miles dad.

Oooh, good call there, that means that Miles was the baby in Dr. Candle's flashback last week.

Sun is definitely up to something. The more I think about it, I think she could be working with Ben against Widmore. She's probably not in LA right at this exact moment (when Ben just happens to be assembling everyone to go back to the island) by coincidence.

Interesting theories on Mrs. Hawking. Is she also the woman who took Faraday to the H-bomb at gunpoint? I thought maybe they said her name is "Ellie" (Mrs. Hawking's name is Eloise). Is that girl maybe Daniel's mom, or perhaps Charlotte's mom? Daniel did say that she "looked familiar". Maybe she and Widmore are Daniel's or Charlotte's parents, and she had a falling out with Widmore, and is now working with Ben.

I'm also starting to think that Richard = Jacob.

OU4LIFE
1/29/2009, 01:37 PM
which is probably what Desmond turned the switch on, and blew the hatch sky high. Yet somehow they all survived.

SoonerObsession
1/29/2009, 04:05 PM
I love the show, but I need to know that there an end in sight. How many seasons will there be?

OU4LIFE
1/29/2009, 04:08 PM
they've stated that there is a definite end in sight. I thin I saw 7 'seasons'.

Hot Rod
1/29/2009, 04:59 PM
Then they're gonna need at least another season to show how everything tied together!

swardboy
1/29/2009, 05:05 PM
Pretty sure season 6 is the terminus.

OUHOMER
1/29/2009, 05:54 PM
I think the red head with the nose bleed is Faraday's love. When DEZ visited the class room the janitor said something to the effect " after the experiment he did on the girl". I am thinking she is the girl some how?

tulsaoilerfan
1/29/2009, 07:34 PM
they've stated that there is a definite end in sight. I thin I saw 7 'seasons'.

I thought before the writer's strike they had mentioned 3 seasons left with 16 episodes each; they only got i believe 11 new ones last year, so that would leave them with 37 episodes starting this season

OKLA21FAN
1/29/2009, 07:40 PM
I think the red head with the nose bleed is Faraday's love. When DEZ visited the class room the janitor said something to the effect " after the experiment he did on the girl". I am thinking she is the girl some how?

that girl is the girl in the comma

tulsaoilerfan
1/29/2009, 07:42 PM
that girl is the girl in the comma

, :D

Collier11
1/29/2009, 08:14 PM
I love the show, but I need to know that there an end in sight. How many seasons will there be?

This season and next is it...strap your boots on tight

OUHOMER
2/4/2009, 09:34 PM
Sun is behind trying to get Kates baby and the one trying to kill Cieded (SP). and the rest of them. She is mad because kate promised to get her husband.

I dont know just a theory

SeattleOUstudent
2/4/2009, 11:55 PM
Did we have a BUNCH of people leave interest in Lost? I am a little confused and was hoping this thread would help me out. :(

Hot Rod
2/5/2009, 08:11 AM
I'm still in for this season.

-Locke seeing the Hatch light was cool. When I saw that I figured that was the time they were in.
-Rousseau's team seemed to be wearing clothes that didn't look that old.
-Sun could be upset that Jin is "dead" and showing him last night could help lead to her change.
-So, if Claire's mom isn't there for Aaron, then why is she there?

OU4LIFE
2/5/2009, 08:34 AM
pretty sure it's ben that organized all the 'we want to blood test' your baby, in an effort to make Kate feel freaked out and willing to leave and go back to the island.

Ben is still the master manipulator.

I'm confused as to who Sun was using the spying company for....the report she got with the gun showed she was having 3 people followed, and according to the report she got they were all checking their mailboxes for something. She's involved with Widmore somehow....remember that.

Daniel is lying his *** off...he knows what's happening to the people with the nosebleeds, and it has something to do with the island and being from there and coming back or something like that. Miles was born on the island, Charlotte has been there before as well...not sure why Juliette got the nosebleed too though....

good stuff.

Mjcpr
2/5/2009, 09:29 AM
I keep thinking the nose bleeds is the beginning of whatever put that one girl in the coma state that Desmond saw when he went to Oxford looking for Daniel's mom. Wasn't that Daniel's ex wife or something?

OU4LIFE
2/5/2009, 09:55 AM
or GF, y.

I still think the bleeds have something to do with leaving or coming to the island. and only for certain people.

OKLA21FAN
2/5/2009, 09:55 AM
thank you captain obvious moment of the season (maybe all the seasons)

when Jin was rescued by the French speaking peeps in the raft and later being introduced to Russo.

As Hugo would say. 'yep, saw that one coming'

Collier11
2/5/2009, 09:59 AM
This season hasnt had alot of excitement yet but def alot of intrigue...I wonder if eventually the Losties will start seeing themselves on the Island now that Sawyer saw Claire and Kate...this is going to bring back all the people that thought the Island was some sort of Heaven or Hell type place I would imagine

OKLA21FAN
2/5/2009, 09:59 AM
or GF, y.

I still think the bleeds have something to do with leaving or coming to the island. and only for certain people.

agree

peeps with nose bleeds may have one more thing in common. Daniel's theory that the people who suffered from the nosebleeds had some prior connection to the island interesting. (If I understood that correctly)
I think we have already figured out that Miles and Charlotte have a connection and were most likely born there, but Juliet?? :pop:

TexasSooner01
2/5/2009, 10:00 AM
I am thinking that the nosebleeds are caused by the island moving through time and that the nosebleeds are the "sickness" that killed Danielle's team.

I guess that all the people left on the island will eventually get the nosebleeds and that is why the 06 have to go back to save them....b/c eventually they will all die.

OU4LIFE
2/19/2009, 09:20 AM
good stuff.

I'm worried for Penny now, Ben 'had a promise to keep, one last loose end to tie up'? Didn't he promise Widemore he'd get him back for 'changing the game' when he shot his daughter? ruh-roh.

I like the role reversals on the plane too, Ben is injured for Locke, Sayid is in cuffs for Kate, Hurley brings guitar case for Charlie. Good stuff.

Desmond isn't through with the island if Ben did something to Penny.....

i'm still trying to connect the new little guy that expressed condolences to Jack...not sure where he fits in unless he a con man to fill in for Sawyer....

SoonerJack
2/19/2009, 09:54 AM
Good episode. Loved it when Frank the helicopter pilot went on the plane's intercom. My 16 yo son, who remembers everything, was like "that's the guy from the helicopter!" Wifey and I were like, haven't we heard that name somewhere? Youth. pfft.

Collier11
2/19/2009, 10:24 AM
This stuff is going to start piling up and we wont be able to keep up, getting good!

yermom
2/19/2009, 12:01 PM
good stuff.

I'm worried for Penny now, Ben 'had a promise to keep, one last loose end to tie up'? Didn't he promise Widemore he'd get him back for 'changing the game' when he shot his daughter? ruh-roh.

I like the role reversals on the plane too, Ben is injured for Locke, Sayid is in cuffs for Kate, Hurley brings guitar case for Charlie. Good stuff.

Desmond isn't through with the island if Ben did something to Penny.....

i'm still trying to connect the new little guy that expressed condolences to Jack...not sure where he fits in unless he a con man to fill in for Sawyer....

yeah, i'm not sure what was up with that. but you can bet it ain't good.

i can't remember if the Arab d00d was in the show before or not, it seems like it. but it's the "what's wrong with Michael Jackson" guy from Three Kings so i might be just getting confused

Hot Rod
2/19/2009, 12:26 PM
Hurley start playing guitar or was it in memory of his bud, Charlie?

The question is also did our Oceanic 6 (and Ben) end up on the island alone, or did all of the passengers and crew join them?

SoonerJack
2/19/2009, 12:58 PM

The question is also did our Oceanic 6 (and Ben) end up on the island alone, or did all of the passengers and crew join them?

I got the impression that the plane didn't crash, but I have no idea how they got there.

TexasSooner01
2/19/2009, 01:12 PM
I hope Lapidus ends up on the island...that would be cool. Since Lapidus was the pilot who was supposed to be flying the first plane.

Interesting stuff...

I also think that Desmond is the one who beat up Ben b/c good ol benny boy tried or did kill Penny...I guess they are going to save that story for a flashback...

Hot Rod
2/19/2009, 01:20 PM
I also think that Desmond is the one who beat up Ben b/c good ol benny boy tried or did kill Penny...I guess they are going to save that story for a flashback...

I think the same thing. Sounds like he was running for his life when he phoned Jack.

OU4LIFE
2/19/2009, 02:05 PM

I think it was just part of trying to recreate the first flight as closely as possible.

swardboy
2/19/2009, 02:07 PM
"We're not going to Guam, are we?"

Greatest.Line.of.the.Entire.Series. I love Frank.

Totally surprised me to see Jin at the end of the rifle. I was expecting Ben's dad.

Czar Soonerov
2/22/2009, 06:45 AM
What the?

CZ6hIEqKR7A

PrideTrombone
2/22/2009, 10:34 AM
Zzz

King Crimson
2/22/2009, 01:38 PM
I think the same thing. Sounds like he was running for his life when he phoned Jack.

and he was at a marina which might suggest proximity to Desmond/Penny.

yermom
2/22/2009, 03:02 PM
What the?

CZ6hIEqKR7A

hehe, i saw that on TV a few years ago

silverwheels
2/22/2009, 03:09 PM
I saw the Evangeline ad a couple of months ago after I heard that she did one. I was kinda hoping for a little dirty talk and maybe a lick of the lips but it's still hot, just because it's her.

SoonerAtKU
2/23/2009, 08:29 AM
i can't remember if the Arab d00d was in the show before or not, it seems like it. but it's the "what's wrong with Michael Jackson" guy from Three Kings so i might be just getting confused

The funny thing is that if you remember that movie then you know he played...

an Iraqi torturer named Sayid!!

well, Said, anyhow, but still!

Lost is real.

colleyvillesooner
2/23/2009, 12:45 PM
The funny thing is that if you remember that movie then you know he played...

an Iraqi torturer named Sayid!!

well, Said, anyhow, but still!

Lost is real.

That's his real name too...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0846548/

Rhino
2/23/2009, 12:58 PM
Weird promo pic on that guy's page. (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2750909184/nm0846548)

He wasn't sitting behind Jack on this episode.

SoonerAtKU
2/23/2009, 02:01 PM
That's his real name too...

I know, right? I'm not kidding, Lost is real.

OKLA21FAN
2/26/2009, 01:41 PM
still sucked in but this show has
http://guestofaguest.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/jump_the_shark.png

But I'll stick around to see Locke get duped again. (cause it is inevitable that he will make the 'wrong' choice and listen to the wrong leader. (either Ben or Widmore)

Collier11
2/26/2009, 01:46 PM
if you think it has jumped the shark(I still think that is the dumbest term evar) then why watch. I thought lastnite was an amazing episode, we still have no idea where this final season and a half is going, how the show will end, etc... I loved every bit of it

Rhino
2/26/2009, 02:01 PM
I thought it was great as well.

Why did Ben stop Locke from committing suicide then murder him? Getting some info before he killed him? If Locke had killed himself, would he have not 'saved' the island - did he have to have someone kill him?

And who's the girl that took off in the canoe with the pilot? It can't be Sun, can it? She should have disappeared like Hurley, Jack and Kate. Where's Sayid?

Why did Ben and Locke go down with the plane and not disappear like the others? Because they left the island from the ice cave, not on a helicopter?

Does Walt come back into the picture at some point? He definitely can see into the future - maybe he tries to intervene? How does he not know what happened to his dad? Dude's gotten big.

What happened to Aaron?

Where's Desmond? When do we get to see what happened at the docks?

Collier11
2/26/2009, 02:05 PM
When do we get to see what happened at the docks?

I forgot about that, that I do want to know!

yermom
2/26/2009, 02:31 PM

Why did Ben stop Locke from committing suicide then murder him? Getting some info before he killed him? If Locke had killed himself, would he have not 'saved' the island - did he have to have someone kill him?

it seems like it had to do with Eloise. like he needed to know who to talk to or he didn't want Locke talking to her

Mjcpr
2/26/2009, 02:35 PM

I assumed it was because Locke mentioned his knowledge of Elouise Hawking that gets people back to the island. I figured that for whatever reason, Ben couldn't have him know her or what she could do.

TexasSooner01
2/26/2009, 02:36 PM
Ben might be acting on his own behalf and not for the island...after last night I am starting to think that Widmore might be the good guy...

Or maybe Ben killed Locke on orders from Ms. Hawking b/c Ben had to be a corpse on the plane to serve as a proxy to Christian Shepard....

sooner_born_1960
2/26/2009, 03:07 PM
John had to be a corpse...

colleyvillesooner
2/26/2009, 04:23 PM
maybe sun didn't disappear cause she didn't come back like she left...pregnant?

OUHOMER
2/26/2009, 04:51 PM
Damn it to many twist and turns, The wife seems to think Kate gave Aaron to his grandmother. I would say that was the safest place for him.

What I missed, How did hurley get out of jail, Who beat the **** out of Ben.

SoonerStud615
2/26/2009, 07:38 PM
I think it was Desmond, which is assuming that the "loose end" he had to tie up was killing Penny like he warned Widmore of.

As for Hurley, I don't know but my guess is that one of Ben/Widmore's connections did it.

OKLA21FAN
2/26/2009, 09:13 PM
if you think it has jumped the shark(I still think that is the dumbest term evar) then why watch. I thought lastnite was an amazing episode, we still have no idea where this final season and a half is going, how the show will end, etc... I loved every bit of it

I said back in season 2 that if the show turn to the dark side of the 'star trek time travel dealio', I would have been disappointed as that has been over used. so yes, the show has jumped the shark (sorry you hate that term, but it applies) I just didn't think the show would resort to such 'predictability' or is it 'unpredictability'?

but then again, I still said I was hooked...after all, i have 'invested' 5 years, may as well see it through. :pop:

Collier11
2/26/2009, 11:42 PM
thats fine and all, but just cus it is going that angle, you really dont know what it means to the show still...that is what is great about LOST, who the F knows what will happen with any of this crap

OU4LIFE
2/27/2009, 08:38 AM
I said back in season 2 that if the show turn to the dark side of the 'star trek time travel dealio', I would have been disappointed as that has been over used. so yes, the show has jumped the shark (sorry you hate that term, but it applies) I just didn't think the show would resort to such 'predictability' or is it 'unpredictability'?

but then again, I still said I was hooked...after all, i have 'invested' 5 years, may as well see it through. :pop:

as we have discussed here before, most of us feel that 'jumping the shark' is pretty much WHAT this show does on purpose.

I'm ok with it.

Hot Rod
2/27/2009, 10:32 AM
Or maybe Ben killed Locke on orders from Ms. Hawking b/c Ben had to be a corpse on the plane to serve as a proxy to Christian Shepard....

And, of course, when Locke goes to confront Ben about this, I'm sure Ben will make it to be like he did Locke a favor.

"I did this for you John and for the island..blah, blah, blah"

swardboy
2/27/2009, 11:16 AM

Ben's lawyer got Hurley out.....most think that Ben got slobber-knocked in an attempt to kill Penny, but we don't know yet.

OU4LIFE
3/10/2009, 10:00 AM
seriously, no one wants to talk about the statue?

that ep was pretty cool

OUDoc
3/10/2009, 10:04 AM
My wife hated it. I thought it was pretty good, although I hate when they introduce more characters.

Hot Rod
3/10/2009, 10:06 AM
The statue appeared to look Egyptian. There are quite a bit of things throughout the series that have been related to Egypt.

Loved the "eyeliner" comment from Sawyer.

Collier11
3/10/2009, 11:29 AM
was the statue the 3 toed thing we saw in season 2 I believe?

OU4LIFE
3/10/2009, 11:57 AM
yes, four toed.

King Crimson
3/10/2009, 12:14 PM
they are casting the net pretty wide so far this season.

Sooner98
3/10/2009, 12:34 PM
BTW, they aren't showing a new episode this week, for some reason. Only the "pop-up video" replay of last week's episode.

OU4LIFE
3/10/2009, 01:03 PM
so Lost isn't new this week?

dammit

Sooner98
3/10/2009, 05:23 PM
Correctomundo.

On the plus side, IMDB has them showing 2 episodes (2 hours) next week.

swardboy
3/10/2009, 07:21 PM
It will be interesting to see if the face of the statue resembles someone we already know.....one interesting speculation is that it will have kate's face since the body is reminiscent of hers and she was originally intended to be the leader of the losties...until Matthew Fox's performance in the pilot changed the writers' minds.

Collier11
3/10/2009, 08:30 PM
I still cant get over the fact that Hurley originally tried out for Sawyer, wouldnt that have been a hoot

OU4LIFE
3/11/2009, 07:35 AM
It will be interesting to see if the face of the statue resembles someone we already know.....one interesting speculation is that it will have kate's face since the body is reminiscent of hers and she was originally intended to be the leader of the losties...until Matthew Fox's performance in the pilot changed the writers' minds.

I'm thinking that if it's going to be the face of someone we already know, it will be Richard Alpert. He's the ONE character we know next to nothing about. He's been there forever, never ages and is involved in everything. I wonder if he's been there since the Black Rock shipwrecked.....that would be pretty cool. and how they explain why he doesn't age will be interesting.

tulsaoilerfan
3/11/2009, 11:54 AM
Dammit, i forgot that there was no new episode tonight; that sucks monkey balls:mad:

Collier11
3/19/2009, 02:06 AM
Tonights episode was pretty bad azz and once again left us with a lot of questions, it would also appear that the sh*t is about to hit the fan

swardboy
3/19/2009, 06:29 AM
Sayid is a real wildcard now. His only hope may be to break out and join the "hostiles". I'm wondering if Daniel's "you can't change what happened" thesis is really true? If so, what's the reason for placing the Losties in the position they're in? Desmond was able to change an outcome in history (bar scene).

Wouldn't it be wild if Sayid winds up killing Ben's father, the source of his wacky behavior?!!!

yermom
3/19/2009, 07:04 AM
where is Uncle Rico? :)

http://www.tv-links.cc/tv/lost.htm

Season 3 Episode 20 "The Man Behind the Curtain" is where we saw young Ben and Horace, et al before

Ben's mom died in childbirth seemingly much like women on the island. i don't think i made that connection before. not sure what it means though

OU4LIFE
3/19/2009, 07:42 AM
I like how the referenced that everyone in the Dharma initiative had been killed....we just don't know when that happens.

But I think we can assume it's still at least two years down the line, minimum. Christian was looking for the pictures on the wall and said '79, 78...ah here it is' so we know they cruise on for a minimum of two more years. Most likely more judging from how old Ben was when he killed his dad.

Collier11
3/19/2009, 08:51 AM
I still wish I knew who the hell Christian and Richard are or what their role will end up being.

Also, did everyone else see the person/ghost behind Christian when he was talking to Sun?

OU4LIFE
3/19/2009, 09:05 AM
yeah, there's a lot of discussion whether or not that was a screw up.

IMO, why have the door blow open if you didn't WANT people to see someone.

To me, Richard is still the one character we know absolutely nothing about. He recruited Juliet, right...so how did he manage that. I mean, he's an 'other'...and they killed of the Dharma Initiative, but how did he have the resources to travel and still recruit people?

i'm confused.

I still think it would be cool if we found out he was Captain of the Black Rock or something.

Collier11
3/19/2009, 09:17 AM
I know they've (the directors) refuted this in the past but they also said no to the time travel thing a few years back, I still think this show will ultimately be something about religion or Heaven and Hell. Im not saying it will necessarily be the main point of the show but I do think it will be revealed that it does play a role

swardboy
3/19/2009, 09:44 AM
Remember a few seasons back when Jack was operating on Ben...Mr. Handy said that "Sheperd's not on the list." ? It was supposed to be Hurley, Sawyer, and Kate that were to be brought by Michael...but Ben kept Jack and dismissed Hurley.....it's like Ben is trying hard to thwart someone's master plan, i.e. "change history."

Hot Rod
3/19/2009, 11:19 AM
I still wish I knew who the hell Christian and Richard are or what their role will end up being.

Also, did everyone else see the person/ghost behind Christian when he was talking to Sun?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/darthrosenburg/sun.jpg

OU4LIFE
3/19/2009, 11:25 AM
I know they've (the directors) refuted this in the past but they also said no to the time travel thing a few years back, I still think this show will ultimately be something about religion or Heaven and Hell. Im not saying it will necessarily be the main point of the show but I do think it will be revealed that it does play a role

I hear you, but it kinda fits you know? I mean there was a lot of talk about how the 'First Mates Journal' wound up in an auction if the ship was on the island...seems like it could have been Richards. Plus, we know someone was either freed or freed themselves from the shackles on the Black Rock.

Collier11
3/19/2009, 11:32 AM
There is actaully a much better view of that pic

http://s5.tinypic.com/szc0ux.jpgg

Hot Rod
3/19/2009, 11:33 AM
Could be Claire with her daddy.

yermom
3/19/2009, 11:34 AM
I like how the referenced that everyone in the Dharma initiative had been killed....we just don't know when that happens.

But I think we can assume it's still at least two years down the line, minimum. Christian was looking for the pictures on the wall and said '79, 78...ah here it is' so we know they cruise on for a minimum of two more years. Most likely more judging from how old Ben was when he killed his dad.

Ben was an adult. there are many years before that happens. at least 10, i'd say

swardboy
3/20/2009, 09:59 AM
Common wisdom is that the purge occurred in 1992.....

OKLA21FAN
3/20/2009, 10:08 AM
Common wisdom is that the purge occurred in 1992.....
side note

we also know that the 'swan station incident' happened between 1977 and 1980 (as the orientation video had a copyright mark of '1980')

Collier11
3/20/2009, 10:26 AM
damn, some of you guys pay way more attention than I do. Maybe thats why I...am...so...LOST! Oh he went there!

SoonerAtKU
3/20/2009, 11:22 AM
I also completely forgot that Radzinski was the original hatch-mate of Kelvin Inman. The one that figured out the lock-down and started the map on the blast door and then blew his head off. I suspect we'll soon find out how much of that was true. It makes sense that he knew how to do that stuff, since he apparently designed and built the Swan.

OU4LIFE
3/20/2009, 11:44 AM
side note

we also know that the 'swan station incident' happened between 1977 and 1980 (as the orientation video had a copyright mark of '1980')

I'd say it has to be closer to 1980 as Radzinski was still in the design phases in 77 or 78.

OU4LIFE
3/20/2009, 11:46 AM
I just had an interesting thought.

You know how Jack was issued the jumpsuit and janitorial duties. And the jumpsuit had 'Workman' on it...which I assume was pretty common.

But wouldn't it be a funky twist if the body that Locke fell on in the pit when he was shot, was actually Jack Sheppards....and it COULD happen that way.

colleyvillesooner
3/20/2009, 12:35 PM
Christian intrigues me. Almost like he was on the island before, and had to "die" to come back, ala, Locke. Jack brought him back on the plane, he disappeared into the past, hence the empty casket. He "landed" some time else on the island and is alive.

sorry if someone already said this.

Collier11
3/20/2009, 12:58 PM
Christian is God, Jack is Jesus...NO?

swardboy
3/22/2009, 02:23 PM
Christian intrigues me. Almost like he was on the island before, and had to "die" to come back, ala, Locke. Jack brought him back on the plane, he disappeared into the past, hence the empty casket. He "landed" some time else on the island and is alive.

This is the most intriguing part of Lost for me...getting Christian figured out. When Jack first followed him into the jungle in season one, I knew this was going to be a freaky series and I was totally hooked. Well, that and Kate :)

yermom
3/22/2009, 03:18 PM

thus the drinking problem too

hmm...

SeattleOUstudent
3/22/2009, 03:50 PM
Again, this show gives me tired-head. I mean, tie the whole thing together where Christian is dead and in a casket, flying over the island in the original incident. Then, Locke is in the casket flying over the island. Does this mean that Locke is now a ghost figure....or is he going to come back to life at some point?

colleyvillesooner
3/22/2009, 05:15 PM
I just had an interesting thought.

You know how Jack was issued the jumpsuit and janitorial duties. And the jumpsuit had 'Workman' on it...which I assume was pretty common.

But wouldn't it be a funky twist if the body that Locke fell on in the pit when he was shot, was actually Jack Sheppards....and it COULD happen that way.

Interesting. It was common, cause that's what Roger "Workman"'s name was. Remember, the guy with the van and the beer. The van Sawyer now drives. Weird.

SoonerAtKU
3/23/2009, 09:27 AM
side note

Also...

(big season finale title spoilers)

The final episode this season is called "The Incident"

Hot Rod
3/23/2009, 10:41 AM
Again, this show gives me tired-head. I mean, tie the whole thing together where Christian is dead and in a casket, flying over the island in the original incident. Then, Locke is in the casket flying over the island. Does this mean that Locke is now a ghost figure....or is he going to come back to life at some point?

I thought we did see Locke alive again after the plane crashed. He was in the burial suit.

colleyvillesooner
3/23/2009, 11:37 AM
I thought we did see Locke alive again after the plane crashed. He was in the burial suit.

We did. He's on the beach on the "other" island, with the Arab guy and the other survivors of the 2nd plane crash.

afs
3/23/2009, 11:51 AM
This show had better not finish like Stephen King's The Dark Tower Series.

Collier11
3/23/2009, 12:05 PM
which ended how?

OKLA21FAN
3/23/2009, 12:48 PM
which ended how?

wasn't it like some repeating time loop until the key character 'got it right'? :gary:

Collier11
3/23/2009, 01:01 PM
oh hell no, I have faith in these writers that the last season will blow our minds...Fingers Crossed

OU4LIFE
3/23/2009, 03:18 PM
This show had better not finish like Stephen King's The Dark Tower Series.

Roland WAS in a time loop, but I didn't feel that it was 'until he got it right'....it's just what it was...

I kinda agree afs, but honestly after how epic The Dark Tower series had been up to that point, I'm not sure ANY ending would have been good enough.

Rhino
3/26/2009, 12:35 AM
:eek:

OUHOMER
3/26/2009, 04:57 AM
OK, does the old Ben dry up and go away, Is he still alive?

swardboy
3/26/2009, 06:22 AM
I'm guessing young Ben survives....wow, that scene blew me away! I'm also guessing that Jack's going to save him, blowing his cover away. And how ironic, given that Jack saved him by removing the back tumor earlier....er, later...er,.......

Hot Rod
3/26/2009, 07:17 AM
I'm wondering with the Losties back in the 70s and assuming little Ben makes it and they help him, if that's the reason those 3(Jack, Kate, and Sawyer) were captured by Ben at the end of season 2. Who knows...

I was cracking up at Sayid telling the truth.

TexasSooner01
3/26/2009, 09:03 AM
What i want to know is if the old ben remembers being shot by Sayid...are Sawyer, Juliet, Jack, Kate and Hurley gonna die in the Purge?

Sayid obivously thinks by killing Young Ben that he can stop the Purge and save his friends but Faraday said whatever happens, Happens....so I guess the Island will save Ben and the Purge will still happen....but if young Ben dies then does the old Ben just dissapear?

Sayid telling the truth was funny...

I cant wait till next week!

Collier11
3/26/2009, 10:29 AM
I'm guessing young Ben survives....wow, that scene blew me away! I'm also guessing that Jack's going to save him, blowing his cover away. And how ironic, given that Jack saved him by removing the back tumor earlier....er, later...er,.......

SPOILER ALERT!!!

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2009/03/episode-511-whatever-happened-happened_8066.html

Collier11
3/26/2009, 10:32 AM
Here are some episode description SPOILERS if anyone wants to read them, they are obviously up for speculation...

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=mb&cat=33026&tid=607982

Sooner98
3/26/2009, 12:44 PM
:eek:

This.

I had a feeling we were going to get to see "Uncle Rico" (Ben's dad) again soon, when young Ben appeared last week. I also think young Ben somehow survives this - good thought on the Jack saves him/blows their cover scenario. I hope they show us again soon what is going on over on the other island with Locke and regular Ben, and with Sun/Lapidus (who I'm guessing are still in 2007?)

tulsaoilerfan
3/26/2009, 04:18 PM
If you have last night's episode on DVR, look at the part where Sayid supposedly shot Ben; i swear to god that hole in his jacket was there before the gun was fired; was this a clue or just an editing mistake? Or, am i on drugs and seeing things? My son saw it also

Collier11
3/26/2009, 04:57 PM
so you are giving your son drugs? REPORT HIM!

Czar Soonerov
3/27/2009, 04:13 PM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=77249711432&ref=nf

Collier11
4/2/2009, 12:23 PM
Lastnite was LOST at its best IMO

Kate actually was substantial
Jack taking a stand
Hurley and Miles going back and forth
The evolution of Ben
The look on Lockes face at the end
Ben going to be judged
Alpert only answers to Widmore and Hawking but why, and in some cases he doesnt even care
etc, etc, etc...

lots going on lastnite

yermom
4/2/2009, 12:51 PM
2 in the chest 1 in the head Sayid, jeez

and what the heck is in the temple? that is where he took Ben, right? that was where Rousseau's people "got sick" is that what Alpert is talking about with the not remembering and "losing innocence" or whatever?

Collier11
4/2/2009, 01:45 PM
I think so!

OUHOMER
4/2/2009, 03:28 PM
2 in the chest 1 in the head Sayid, jeez

That what i was thinking, what kind of professional killer does a half *** job on his most important kill.

Collier11
4/2/2009, 04:09 PM
because even Sayid the cold blooded killer couldnt shoot a kid in the head

Sooner98
4/2/2009, 06:01 PM
Alpert only answers to Widmore and Hawking but why, and in some cases he doesnt even care

I thought he said he DOESN'T answer to them.

Collier11
4/2/2009, 07:01 PM
well he said something to the affect(not sure the exact words) that he would have to tell elly and charles but then he did say he doesnt answer to anyone

Collier11
4/9/2009, 11:03 AM
What an amazing episode, we found out alot about Ben and actually saw a caring side to him. Im glad we learned some more about the monster but they still didnt reveal everything about it. We know why widmore left the island and couldnt go back. We know why Ben got the hell beat out of him.

This is slowly starting to all tie together, anyone know how many more episodes in this season?

OU4LIFE
4/9/2009, 11:04 AM
last night = teh win.

OKLA21FAN
4/9/2009, 11:34 AM
Even though Locke is coming off 'strong' lately, me thinks he still will be duped in the end. He has before, after all, he is the 'Gilligan'! :pop:

Hot Rod
4/9/2009, 12:07 PM
Lost has finally returned. Now we just have to figure out how that 70s cast to come BACK TO THE FUTURE!

Sooner98
4/9/2009, 12:25 PM
Last night's episode was all kinds of awesome. Definitely my favorite so far this season. I wasn't really surprised, though, since Ben-centric episodes never disappoint.

This is slowly starting to all tie together, anyone know how many more episodes in this season?

According to IMDB, five more episodes this season:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/episodes#season-5

Hot Rod
4/9/2009, 03:08 PM
Last night's episode was all kinds of awesome. Definitely my favorite so far this season. I wasn't really surprised, though, since Ben-centric episodes never disappoint.

Don't know about you, but I rather enjoyed this episode, especially with Ben's funny side as well.

"I feel like I got hit over the head with an oar."

Collier11
4/9/2009, 03:18 PM
The guy who plays Ben will show up in some movie before too long as an extremely believable serial killer

TexasSooner01
4/9/2009, 03:58 PM
The guy who plays Ben will show up in some movie before too long as an extremely believable serial killer

Michael Emmerson...he was already in one or maybe two of the Saw movies.

swardboy
4/9/2009, 09:16 PM
Did anyone else see the smoke monster come up through the holes in the grate and say "Holy Smoke"!!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/9/2009, 09:53 PM
The guy who plays Ben will show up in some movie before too long as an extremely believable serial killerHe got an Emmy for portraying a serial killer on The Practice several years ago. He does creepy very well.

Collier11
4/9/2009, 10:40 PM
Michael Emmerson...he was already in one or maybe two of the Saw movies.

Was he? Which character was he, jigsaw?

He got an Emmy for portraying a serial killer on The Practice several years ago. He does creepy very well.

I guess I am late in realizing how great of an actor this guy is

colleyvillesooner
4/9/2009, 10:47 PM
Don't know about you, but I rather enjoyed this episode, especially with Ben's funny side as well.

"I feel like I got hit over the head with an oar."

It's not a train, John. It doesn't run on a schedule.

Hot Rod
4/16/2009, 07:23 AM
Well, Hurley tries to make his own version of Empire and I think we all saw who Miles' father was. He was cracking me up while in the van with Miles and his dad.

Seeing the construction of the hatch was pretty cool.

swardboy
4/16/2009, 08:01 AM
Miles has daddy issues....shock! Not.

Jack is one chilled out Dharma dude.

The new "what lies in the shadow of the statue" cult creeps me out. I don't think Widmore is affiliated with them, and Ben sure isn't. Why did they just dump Miles? Could have been worse for him.

Miles, Hurley, and Candle in the van was comedy gold. Did you see Miles face when his dad said he like country music? Pure disdain. Loved it.

crawfish
4/16/2009, 08:12 AM
Miles has daddy issues....shock! Not.

Jack is one chilled out Dharma dude.

The new "what lies in the shadow of the statue" cult creeps me out. I don't think Widmore is affiliated with them, and Ben sure isn't. Why did they just dump Miles? Could have been worse for him.

Miles, Hurley, and Candle in the van was comedy gold. Did you see Miles face when his dad said he like country music? Pure disdain. Loved it.

Do you really think Ben isn't affiliated with them? I'm thinking that there is a possibility it's one of his mechanations as well.

I love Hurley. He has become "the voice of the viewer", asking a lot of the same questions that your average Lost geek has been asking. His character is an acknowledgement that the creators of the show actually read and listen to the comments of their fans.

Collier11
4/16/2009, 08:26 AM
Pretty interesting episode, the one next will be interesting to see whose POV they use, the rest of the season will be intense I would imagine

yermom
4/16/2009, 08:26 AM
Do you really think Ben isn't affiliated with them? I'm thinking that there is a possibility it's one of his mechanations as well.

I love Hurley. He has become "the voice of the viewer", asking a lot of the same questions that your average Lost geek has been asking. His character is an acknowledgement that the creators of the show actually read and listen to the comments of their fans.

him rewriting Empire is just classic.

i'm glad to see Faraday back. i thought i was going crazy. i couldn't for the life of me remember where he had disappeared to :D

Hot Rod
4/16/2009, 08:57 AM
Hurley's "polar poop" comment was good as well.

Speaking of polar bears, there was one on the cover of the book that Miles' dad was reading to him when he was a baby.

crawfish
4/16/2009, 09:18 AM
Hurley's "polar poop" comment was good as well.

Speaking of polar bears, there was one on the cover of the book that Miles' dad was reading to him when he was a baby.

"You're just jealous because my power is better than yours". Great line! :D

Spoiler POV's for the last three episodes of the season: Daniel & Locke for the first two. No specific POV for the last two-part episode but it's called "The Incident"

Sooner98
4/16/2009, 12:42 PM
A thought: what if 1977 Daniel left the island to go visit his mother? I assume he (in the actual time continuum) would have been maybe a young teenager around then. Adult Daniel could have passed on to her quite a bit of information about the island, including information about Desmond, which would explain why she seemed to know alot about him back in that Season 3 episode where he (Desmond) was trying to buy a ring for Penny in her (Eloise's) shop.

OKLA21FAN
4/16/2009, 12:44 PM
The new "what lies in the shadow of the statue" cult creeps me out. I don't think Widmore is affiliated with them, and Ben sure isn't.

could this 'new' group be the original Dharma group from 'Ann Arbor' trying to get back to the island, and regain control of it?

(just a kneejerk thought)

crawfish
4/16/2009, 12:46 PM
A thought: what if 1977 Daniel left the island to go visit his mother? I assume he (in the actual time continuum) would have been maybe a young teenager around then. Adult Daniel could have passed on to her quite a bit of information about the island, including information about Desmond, which would explain why she seemed to know alot about him back in that Season 3 episode where he (Desmond) was trying to buy a ring for Penny in her (Eloise's) shop.

Remember, when Richard took Ben he said that he didn't answer to Charles and Ellie. We know who Charles is, but presumably Ellie is Eloise? Which would put her on the island already.

OKLA21FAN
4/16/2009, 12:47 PM
Hurley writes Empire Strikes Back = genius! :pop:

Sooner98
4/16/2009, 01:01 PM
Remember, when Richard took Ben he said that he didn't answer to Charles and Ellie. We know who Charles is, but presumably Ellie is Eloise? Which would put her on the island already.

Yeah, I figured Ellie = Eloise. What I meant was, there has been a lot happening on the island since she left (we don't know when that was), that Daniel could have filled her in on (including who Desmond is).

SeattleOUstudent
4/16/2009, 06:53 PM
So what do the numbers mean?:pop:

OKLA21FAN
4/16/2009, 06:55 PM
So what do the numbers mean?:pop:

those are the first thing you see when you are stuck in purgatory :pop:

OU4LIFE
4/17/2009, 08:17 AM
Did anyone else see the smoke monster come up through the holes in the grate and say "Holy Smoke"!!

What I found interesting about that, was the carvings above the grate that had the God Anubis kneeling before the smoke monster...making the smoke monster awfully powerful and ancient.

I also noticed on the blackboard at the school, they were teaching ancient Egyptian languages. They had symbols on the blackboard that matched some I saw in the smoke monsters liar, and they were labeled as pre 2600bc Egyptian.

I think it's a separate group.

could this 'new' group be the original Dharma group from 'Ann Arbor' trying to get back to the island, and regain control of it?

(just a kneejerk thought)

Well, we know they are against Widmore, saying his team was on the losing side or whatever. It will be interesting to find out what 'in the shadow of the statue' means....or if it's just a code sentence to identify other people friendly to the movement.

Collier11
4/17/2009, 08:53 AM
So does anyone want to take a guess as to how LOST will end next year, we are getting close and I cant honestly say that I dont know how it will end yet

OKLA21FAN
4/17/2009, 09:07 AM
Well, we know they are against Widmore, saying his team was on the losing side or whatever. It will be interesting to find out what 'in the shadow of the statue' means....or if it's just a code sentence to identify other people friendly to the movement.

remember the first Swan orientation video? It mention that the Dharma Initiative was financed/back by Alvar Hanso. This new group could be his cronies (along with the D.I. in Ann Arbor)

OU4LIFE
4/17/2009, 09:27 AM
So does anyone want to take a guess as to how LOST will end next year, we are getting close and I cant honestly say that I dont know how it will end yet

I'm with you...no idea really.

It's going to have something to do with alternative timelines I think though. ;)

OU4LIFE
4/30/2009, 05:21 AM
Holeee crap.

great ep. I knew Daniel was Widmore's son, but i had no idea he was gonna get all killed up....and by his own MOTHER even. Dang, I really liked Daniel

tied several old episodes together with that one.....good stuff there.

wow. just wow.

Hot Rod
4/30/2009, 07:16 AM
Holeee crap.

great ep. I knew Daniel was Widmore's son, but i had no idea he was gonna get all killed up....and by his own MOTHER even. Dang, I really liked Daniel

tied several old episodes together with that one.....good stuff there.

wow. just wow.

Yep, brought a lot of stuff together last night.

Daniel = H.G. Wells (courtesy of Sawyer)

OU4LIFE
4/30/2009, 07:24 AM
yeah, H G Wells and Twitchy.

heh

swardboy
4/30/2009, 04:51 PM
So Daniel wanted to use the H-Bomb to change everything. Does Jack follow through on this?

The Losties are the "variables" to "what happened happened". This makes it real fun now.

Sooner98
4/30/2009, 05:41 PM
Why would Kate want to change what happened? Seems like she got a pretty good deal out of it - goes from a fugitive in handcuffs on a plane, to a free woman, acquitted of all of her crimes.

yermom
4/30/2009, 05:49 PM
yeah, i can't imagine she's gonna be all that willing to undo everything. Locke either

swardboy
4/30/2009, 06:23 PM
And therein may lie the "war" that is coming...between those that want to get home and those that want to stay "LOST".

Collier11
5/6/2009, 10:17 PM
Or is the war between john and jacob? Lots of intrigue out of tonights episode...the finale is going to be big time

SoonerStud615
5/6/2009, 11:32 PM
My hunch is that Jacob wants Locke to kill him to free him from his situation. Think back to their first meeting when Jacob said, "Help meeee!" JMO.

SeattleOUstudent
5/7/2009, 08:21 AM
And where does Jack's father sit in all of this? Damn this show gives me tired-head.

Collier11
5/7/2009, 09:18 AM
ill take some tired head, just sayin

crawfish
5/7/2009, 11:03 AM
I love how in one scene, Locke replaced Richard as the one in the know.
I love how in one sentence, Richard went from good guy to gray area.
I love how in one line, Locke changed every expectation of how this season was going to end.

This is an incredible show. I love being on the ride.

OKLA21FAN
5/7/2009, 11:05 AM
I love how in one scene, Locke replaced Richard as the one in the know.
I love how in one sentence, Richard went from good guy to gray area.
I love how in one line, Locke changed every expectation of how this season was going to end.

This is an incredible show. I love being on the ride.
I still think Locke is being 'played', (by whom, I don't know though) like he has been all along. :pop:

Collier11
5/7/2009, 11:12 AM
Locke is def being played and somehow I still think it is Ben

crawfish
5/7/2009, 11:54 AM
Locke is def being played and somehow I still think it is Ben

Well, it's Lost so I could be (and probably am) wrong, but I think that Ben has been truly kicked from his position and is no longer an insider. However, there is no doubt he's got an agenda and a few more tricks up his sleeve - it's just that now he's working outside his former approval, and it could cost him.

Locke feels rather than thinks his way through things...so it's definitely possible he is being played. I think the "player" is now at a higher level, though - and he is being played against his former players.

Here's an interesting thought. Jack has already ensured that Ben will grow up as an other by refusing to save his life and forcing Kate's hand. Will he now cause "the incident" by blowing up the bomb, thus indirectly causing the crash he's trying to prevent?

sooner_born_1960
5/7/2009, 12:10 PM
Who on that island would know how to set off a hydrogen bomb? Are they going to light a fuse and hide behind a big rock?

Sooner98
5/7/2009, 12:14 PM
Ben isn't playing anyone, at least for right now. That face-to-face that he had with Alex (the smoke monster) I think pretty much did it for him. Which sucks, because Ben, the "man with a plan" has always been one of my favorite characters on the show. I do however, love the new confident, bada$$ Locke.

I also think that Claire is about to make her first appearance of this season, next week.

Here's an interesting thought. Jack has already ensured that Ben will grow up as an other by refusing to save his life and forcing Kate's hand. Will he now cause "the incident" by blowing up the bomb, thus indirectly causing the crash he's trying to prevent?

Yeah, that could be what happens. After all, they really haven't "changed" any future events yet, at all, including Ben's fate. Maybe nothing at all will be changed, and all future events will happen as they originally did.

Sooner98
5/7/2009, 12:16 PM
Who on that island would know how to set off a hydrogen bomb? Are they going to light a fuse and hide behind a big rock?

The instructions are probably in Farady's journal.

Collier11
5/7/2009, 12:41 PM
I think they have played Jack to be the wrong one so many times that eventually it will all come full circle back to him being the one with the answers

Pricetag
5/7/2009, 01:12 PM
Judging by how fake the shot of the sub diving looked, they'd best not try to do a nuke explosion.

Collier11
5/7/2009, 01:29 PM
Michael Bay isnt directing it, give them a break ;)

OKLA21FAN
5/7/2009, 01:43 PM

"lite fuse and get away."

Pricetag
5/7/2009, 04:30 PM
When is that hard *** nerd going to get his? I was hoping he'd get it during the shoot out at motor pool, but no dice.

What a weasel Phil turned into. I know that Sawyer knocked him out and held him in the closet, but he went from meek little dude to full on woman beater in that time. I was disappointed to see Sawyer leave in the sub after he said he was going to kill him. I know they'll be back, but still.

Collier11
5/7/2009, 10:51 PM
Somewhat spoilerish...

according to TVguide.com

Richard Alpert might be the egyptian god RA, or the captain of the black rock slave ship which may have been landed on by the moving island, note his ship in a bottle

Those who say jack is stupid or a jerk, the exec producer says our opinion will change after this week

Mark pellegrino from Dexter is Jacob in the season finale apparently

Collier11
5/7/2009, 10:57 PM
and from E!...

The time travel storyline is about to end and when it does it will be a "game changer" and something shocking will happen

we will find out why Hurley got on the plane and what the guitar case means

SoonerJack
5/8/2009, 10:56 AM
Somewhat spoilerish...

according to TVguide.com

Richard Alpert might be the egyptian god RA, or the captain of the black rock slave ship which may have been landed on by the moving island, note his ship in a bottle

Those who say jack is stupid or a jerk, the exec producer says our opinion will change after this week

Mark pellegrino from Dexter is Jacob in the season finale apparently

I'm playing the lame card if he is RA and the awesome card if the is the Black Rock captain.

Oh, and here's to Jack being a non-stupid, non-jerk.

One of my favorite scenes last week was when Miles' dad asked Hurley what year he was born. lol

Collier11
5/8/2009, 10:58 AM
I also read that we need to take a mental note of the look that miles had when he saw his dad yelling at his mom to make her leave the island cus that will come up again

yermom
5/8/2009, 11:14 AM
i think Miles finally realized what i did a couple episodes back

his dad didn't abandon him, he saved him from "the incident"

Sooner98
5/8/2009, 12:27 PM
I'm playing the lame card if he is RA and the awesome card if the is the Black Rock captain.

Oh, and here's to Jack being a non-stupid, non-jerk.

One of my favorite scenes last week was when Miles' dad asked Hurley what year he was born. lol

Yeah, an Alpert flashback episode would be pretty cool.

King Crimson
5/8/2009, 12:43 PM
I

i thought that was pretty weak. it's not hard to subtract plausibly from 1970-whenever.

nice comedy moment, but all of sudden that's proof to evacuate the island?

Rhino
5/13/2009, 07:33 PM
I WILL CUT YOU, RICK MITCHELL!!!!

StoopTroup
5/13/2009, 07:34 PM
Was there an a$$plosion yet?

Rhino
5/13/2009, 09:32 PM
Rick Mitchell: expect to be punched.

yermom
5/13/2009, 09:36 PM
:mad:

tulsaoilerfan
5/13/2009, 10:04 PM
well, that sucked; missed 45 minutes thanks to Rick Mitchell telling us it's raining and windy, then the ending left alot to be desired

yermom
5/13/2009, 10:13 PM
they haven't stopped here yet

Sooner98
5/13/2009, 10:59 PM
Any word yet on when I need to set my DVR for the re-play?

yermom
5/13/2009, 11:34 PM
i'm working on one of these...

http://tvrss.net/search/?show_name=Lost&show_name_exact=true

SeattleOUstudent
5/14/2009, 12:07 AM
Can I spoil it for you?

Collier11
5/14/2009, 12:36 AM
anyone know when they are replaying it

SoonerJack
5/14/2009, 07:38 AM
fortunately we only got the weather scroll in the KC area. no breaking away for high winds and rain.

everybody get caught up so we can discuss.

SeattleOUstudent
5/14/2009, 08:03 AM
This finale confused the hell out of me. Whats the deal with Locke???

Collier11
5/14/2009, 09:15 AM
from what I understand, Locke was always dead and just a pawn...maybe someone can explain a little deeper

TexasSooner01
5/14/2009, 09:19 AM
This finale confused the hell out of me. Whats the deal with Locke???

Me thinks that Locke is a manafestation of the island...kinda like jacks dad. I think that the dude who told Jacob he was going to find a loophole to kill him in the beginning ofthe episiode is who Locke is now.

First Illana said told Lapidus that what was in the crate was to help find what they were looking for...then they took the crate to the cabin. (which we were under the impression was Jacob's Cabin...but now i am thinking that it isnt Jacob's cabin it was the dude who wanted to find the loophole to kill Jacob and the ash was to keep him in the cabin) So whoever Locke heard say "help me" wasnt Jacob but the other dude.

Then when Locke and Jacob saw each other Jacob said "i guess you found your loophole".

The question i have is who is this guy who found his loophole? Who is the good guy and who is the bad.

It seemed to me that Jacob was trying to bring people to the island...the black rock for example. During the conversation Jacob and this guy had in the beginning it sure seemed he didnt like the idea of having people brought to the island...

yermom
5/14/2009, 09:26 AM
i'm not gonna use spoiler tags, but since lots of people missed it last night, read at your own risk ;)

Locke was always dead and that dude that wanted to kill Jacob took Locke's form to do it.

i'm still not sure how, but i'd imagine that he's been the one that appears as all the other dead people. he came to Ben as Alex to convince Ben to follow him. and has been Christian too, telling Locke how to get off the island.

i'd guess he's been talking to Hurley as well, but i'm not sure why he would come as Claire to tell Kate not to bring Aaron with her.

and now what happens with the bomb going off? is the island still special? does Desmond still end up there? Juliette? does Miles meet his dad? of course everyone can't just land at LAX :D

Collier11
5/14/2009, 09:39 AM
I think the guy in black represents evil(not sure if he is supposed to represent satan or not), Jacob represents good(or possibly God), the ash around jacobs old cabin was to keep the bad guy in, once the ash was cleared that cleared a path for him to get out and go after Jacob IMO).

Remember, evil or satan can take many forms to get what he wants, hints the ability to use peoples form.

Still not sure if the big impending war is between jacob and the guy dressed in black initially(good vs evil) but I think it might be.

I saw someone ask on another board why Rose and her man seemed so happy and they suggested it was due to being in the garden of Eden.

Now if this show is going for the good vs evil or god vs satan story line, then I have no idea what the time travel means in it all

Hot Rod
5/14/2009, 01:30 PM
So did we ever get a name for this so-called Bad Guy? If not, it wouldn't surprise me if his name was Esau. ;)

SoonerJack
5/14/2009, 03:19 PM
But what if the bomb thing worked? I hope it didn't.

Is Juliette still alive? can she get out of the well thingy?

I was really hoping to see Mr. Echo at some point this year. Oh well.

TexasSooner01
5/14/2009, 04:07 PM
So did we ever get a name for this so-called Bad Guy? If not, it wouldn't surprise me if his name was Esau. ;)

Esau = Jacob's brother....no?

swardboy
5/14/2009, 05:59 PM
Notable stuff:
Jacob touched every one he visited off-island; Juliet didn't get a visitation.
Ben has been PWNED! "What about you?"
"He who saves/protects us" is Richard's latin answer to the "question."
Talk about ratcheting it up to a whole new level....

yermom
5/14/2009, 08:08 PM
Esau = Jacob's brother....no?

oh yeah, i was thinking he meant Enos

SoonerJack
5/15/2009, 07:53 AM
Notable stuff:
Jacob touched every one he visited off-island; Juliet didn't get a visitation.
Ben has been PWNED! "What about you?"
"He who saves/protects us" is Richard's latin answer to the "question."
Talk about ratcheting it up to a whole new level....

Thank you, Swardboy! The closest I came with my rusty Latin was, "a collection of hermit crabs and some seaweed."

So what did Jacob mean when he said to whoever is borrowing Lock's body, "They are coming"?

Hot Rod
5/15/2009, 08:38 AM
Thank you, Swardboy! The closest I came with my rusty Latin was, "a collection of hermit crabs and some seaweed."

So what did Jacob mean when he said to whoever is borrowing Lock's body, "They are coming"?

It could be the 70s crew returning to the present time.

SoonerJack
5/15/2009, 10:21 AM
It could be the 70s crew returning to the present time.

could be, could be

yermom
5/15/2009, 11:02 AM
or it could be the party outside that knows that Locke is really dead...

Collier11
5/15/2009, 11:15 AM
so where does season 6 begin, I have a hunch that it will be not what we expect. I have read some blurbs that it could be in ancient times, even farther back and not back at LAX like everyone expects

Mjcpr
5/15/2009, 11:23 AM
so where does season 6 begin, I have a hunch that it will be not what we expect.

Hey, you......get off of that limb!!

Collier11
5/15/2009, 11:26 AM
yea, after I read what I wrote I realize how obvious it sounded

Collier11
5/15/2009, 04:22 PM
Stumbled upon some really interesting tidbits on this Usatoday blog, I will post the really interesting ones. These are not numbered the same as in the blog

http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/2009/05/lost-in-a-flash-this-weeks-top-comments-2.html?csp=34

1:The statue was Sobek the Egyptian crocodile god - Sobek's ambiguous nature led some Egyptians to believe that he was a repairer of evil that had been done, rather than a force for good in itself, for example, going to Duat to restore damage done to the dead as a result of their form of death. He was also said to call on suitable gods and goddesses required for protecting people in situation, effectively having a more distant role, nudging things along, rather than taking an active part.

2:Rose and Bernard!!!

Anyone else think they are definitely the ones in the cave now?

3:When hurley is released from jail the officer at the desk gave him everything jacob gave/done for everyone. Hurley was givin a pen,money, and candy. Jacob gave jack the candy bar,paid for kates lunch box,and gave james the pen.

4:In the opening scene Jacob tells black outfitted guy that "each time is progress" when talking about him having brought the Black Rock people to the island.
It seems unlikely that Jacob would just randomly pick our Oceanic Six/Flight 815/Flight 316 people to be on the island now. I think he always picks the same people. Maybe like a reincarnation type of thing or at least different time threads that aren't aware of each other and that's why
A) they are all connected off island
B) the other group from Flight 316 already knew Jacob
C) each time is "progress" b/c the same people come back and get closer to completing what their "destiny" is
D) Jack only wants Kate in life even though he only knew her for 100+ days on the island

5:There are many religious overtones! They've set up Jacob as a Jesus Christ figure. He apparently is time-less, guides (yet allows for free will), and is seemingly good and all-knowing. He had to know "Locke" and Ben were there to kill him yet allowed it anyway, just as Jesus did allowed himself to be killed.

And while Locke originally appeared as a Christ figure (dying and being resurrected), we now see that's not the case as he's not himself. Locke being the man in black from the opening scene just as Judas was controlled by Satan when he betrayed Jesus (Luke 22:3 "...and Satan entered Judas"). I wonder what the loophole is?

Also, Ben complained, "What about me?", and Jacob responded, "what about you?", which reminded me of how God in the Bible says "Jacob I have loved, Esau I have hated". God chooses some (Jacob choosing and touching the six) for blessing, and does not choose others (Ben) which appears as a lack of blessing.

6:Two men, one named Jacob, the other jealous of power bestowed unrightly to the other.

Jacob and Esau is a biblical story of birthright.

But in this story, JACOB is the one who finds the loophole. The younger brother, he steals his dying father’s blessing from ESAU.

Oh, and one more thing. Jacob and Esau are TWIN Brothers.

Anybody remember that book, BAD TWIN from season 1?

7:Jacob caught a red herring and ate it at the beginning of the show? Is this indicative something we are about to see is indeed a red herring, a warning one of our many ideas about the show is wrong/incomplete, or a too obvious tease, or none of the above?

Those Lost writers sure are toying with us!

SeattleOUstudent
5/15/2009, 05:05 PM
yep....feeling the religeous overtones now.

swardboy
5/15/2009, 09:02 PM
I've always felt the religious vibes on Lost: Aaron's "baptism", Eco's church building, Man of Faith/Man of Science, Kate's hotness.....well, it's a God-given thing.

TexasSooner01
5/18/2009, 11:44 AM
Remember when Claire visited Kate in her dream and Claire told Kate not to bring him back...

At the time, I assumed she was talking about Aaron, but now I believe she was talking about Locke's body.

Crazy!!

OU4LIFE
5/18/2009, 01:18 PM
I get the feeling that Jacob has known this storyline all along...and how it's going to play out.

He told MIB that once he found his loophole "I'll be right here" like he knew when and what he'd be doing when he showed up, PLUS if he didn't already know, then how did he instantly know that Locke wasn't really Locke when he said "I see you found your loophole"

Jacob also made the comment to Ben that "it takes a long time when you're making a thread, but i guess that's the point"....and then he more or less goads Ben into doing the deed by saying "What ABOUT you?" He wasn't trying to survive, or save his own life...he was goading Ben into attacking.

I think it's very much about God trying to right the ship and create the perfect utopia by getting man to stop the fighting and corruption and live in peace, where as Satan want's and expects the opposite.

I also think that Jacob means the 1977 crew when he says 'they are coming', and Mr. Fake Locke DOES NOT look happy about it. Pissed even.

I noticed that Jacob gave everyone a choice, you always have a choice. and Mr. man in black (who COULD be the smoke monster), expects people to do exactly what he thinks....no choices.

great season ender.....can't wait for the next one.

SeattleOUstudent
5/18/2009, 03:20 PM
Hmmmm...its going to be tough to kill smoke next season.

Pricetag
5/18/2009, 04:01 PM
It sucked having to look at the show yesterday in a standard definition feed.

swardboy
5/18/2009, 06:07 PM
Hmmmm...its going to be tough to kill smoke next season.

Maybe it will be enough to contain it somehow. The "ash" around Jacob's cabin may be a key in winning the war.