PDA

View Full Version : 2009 PARADE All America Team

Desert Sapper
1/22/2009, 08:33 AM
Looks like we didn't do so hot with the Parade team this year. Only McFarland. Not much likelihood of getting any of the undecideds either, unless Rueben Randle really shocks everybody.

Link (http://www.parade.com/news/2009/01/parade-all-america-high-school-football-team.html)

MojoRisen
1/22/2009, 09:28 AM
I think we did great on D, We are going to sign several Top players

McFarland, Lynn, Brent, Harris, Lewis, Trice, Chiasson & Wort are all studs!

We got some other football players that will likely be real good.

We can't afford to loose 4 star recievers late in the game anymore- we lost some last year and the year before that.

I guess only so many people can play but there seems to be a theme at the WR position that needs to be addressed.

Otherwise I think this class all those guys listed will be a big impact on the team over the next few years.

Desert Sapper
1/22/2009, 04:28 PM
I agree with you. My point is simply that we didn't have as many from the Parade team as we typically do. We had 4 on the list last year - Landry Jones, Calhoun, Jameel Owens, and RJ Washington. This year we have only JaMarcus McFarland. Granted, it is only a cheesy little list of players and doesn't ultimately mean much, but I thought it interesting.

As a positive, McFarland was named best lineman in the country by Parade.

MojoRisen
1/22/2009, 05:00 PM
I hear ya, first off Mcfarland lost a star as soon as he gave us a verbal - that is lame - glad he got the respect he deserved from Parade.

As far as the All American games, I think Chiasson, Brent, Lynn, Lewis, Mcfarland and Wort all played in one right? That is as good as it has been in the past I believe?

snp
1/23/2009, 02:54 PM
There's 2 All American games now. Although the ESPN game is going to quickly replace the Army game as the premier show.

Desert Sapper
1/24/2009, 04:20 PM
Lewis and Chiasson looked awesome in the UA game.

Lynn is athletic as hell, but got burnt like toast in the Army game.

McFarland looked good in the Army game, but didn't get much press because the kid from Missouri (Richardson, I think) blew everybody up, a la Chiasson in the UA game.

Brent and Wort both played (Wort got flattened with a mega-block during the UA game), but didn't do anything all that spectacular.

I think we should have some solid contributors out of this class.

OUmillenium
1/26/2009, 11:40 AM
Texas + Instate talent will develop better at OU than a bunch of Parade AA egos. Hopefully our staff is starting to realize that.

RedstickSooner
1/30/2009, 04:09 AM
Texas + Instate talent will develop better at OU than a bunch of Parade AA egos. Hopefully our staff is starting to realize that.

Every player is a crapshoot. We've had some parade AAs who have worked out quite well for us -- Demarco Murray being just one recent example. (I wanted to pick a guy who wasn't from Texas.) Just as we've had some AAs who have totally washed out. I think we just notice AA busts more because we pay more attention to those kids.

I just wish the season lasted longer, so we didn't have to try to appease our football hunger with this recruiting stuff. It's a lousy, low-cal substitute for the real deal.