PDA

View Full Version : The FIAT/Chrysler Deal

royalfan5
1/21/2009, 04:34 PM
So FIAT and Chrysler have worked out a deal, in which FIAT will get 35% of Chrysler for agreeing to sell Chrysler small car platforms and technology and giving FIAT access to their dealership network. FIAT is not paying anything for this 35% ownership. This part of the deal is contingent on Chrysler getting an additional 4B from the Feds. If all goes well, Chrysler has agreed to sell an additional 20% of the company for 25 million. I think this should illustrate exactly how ****ed MOPAR is, and hopefully the shear stupidity of keeping this company on life support is. There is a reason that this got announced on Inaguration Day.

Oldnslo
1/21/2009, 04:39 PM
Fix It Again, Tony.

Fiat will solve nothing.

olevetonahill
1/21/2009, 06:57 PM
Dear Obama Please keep the Tax payers Money in the Treasury
And Tell Chrysler If they Cant run with the Big Dog to please stay on the Porch. :mad:

Okla-homey
1/21/2009, 09:43 PM
I keep waiting on someone to buy the Jeep marque from Chrysler. IMHO, that's still worth some coin. I just hope it isn't some pack of boobs like AMC. That possession nearly wrecked the brand rep.

royalfan5
1/22/2009, 05:42 PM
I keep waiting on someone to buy the Jeep marque from Chrysler. IMHO, that's still worth some coin. I just hope it isn't some pack of boobs like AMC. That possession nearly wrecked the brand rep.

As history goes in cycles, Renault/Nissan will probably end up with it for the second time. It will probably be tied to the Dodge truck facilities that Nissan wants. I think Mopar has done more damage to Jeep than AMC ever did. The Compass is a abomination and so is the Patriot.

Dio
1/22/2009, 05:49 PM
Chrysler should have been allowed to die 30 years ago.