PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jerk! Tha Mrs. just done bought...

TheHumanAlphabet
1/21/2009, 10:53 AM
a Benelli M4 Tactical shotgun...

Her brother and she describe it as "bad A$$".

Between that and the Colt AR15, we're ready for the revolution!

IBleedCrimson
1/21/2009, 11:13 AM
git er done. thats a fine weapon

SoonerBorn68
1/21/2009, 01:36 PM
Sweet. When I was at the gun store yesterday I saw one of those AK 47 style 12 ga. shotguns with the 13 round clip. Nice.

I picked up another 500 rounds of ammo. I kinda wished now I would have bought a couple of AR-15's since Komrad Obama is likely to halt the importation of commie ammo in the next few months. However, I've got plenty.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/21/2009, 01:42 PM
Apparently there has been a run on all sorts of ammo in the OKC area. The Mrs. is up there tending to ill parents and she can't find stuff to go plinking...My BIL said the mother of a lady he works with just bought 5K - 10K (I forget the number) rounds of 9mm ammo in the area. Cleared out the Yukon and Mustang Walmarts. Guess she is really thinking there's gonna be a revolution.

SoonerBorn68
1/21/2009, 02:09 PM
Heh. The same type 7.62 x 39 ammo I bought last year for 12 cents per round cost me 31 yesterday.

That's a lot of pistol ammo.

Jerk
1/21/2009, 02:50 PM
Good choice on the shotty, THA. I'm stuck with an 870 and all of the manual labor that comes with it.

AR mags have doubled in price and they're hard to find. I really wish i had bought more, however I have enough to last a lifetime but not enough to sell for profit.

I'm not really worried about any kind of legislation. They'll probably close the so-called "gunshow loophole" and that's about it. But the panic has made it impossible to find even basic reloading components.

Rogue
1/21/2009, 08:44 PM
Dagnabit, people! Yer just driving up the prices and buying into the paranoia the gun/ammo sellers are peddling. Here I am waiting for things to settle down and y'all are the problem. This is like when everyone out here had a run on gas on a Friday. Prices went up to like $5 a gallon and everyplace ran out until Monday. I filled up on Tuesday for like $3 a gallon. Now take a deep breath and remember we can control prices from the demand side if we are patient. Jheez.

SoonerBorn68
1/21/2009, 08:49 PM
Heh. I bought early and often. I only bought the 500 rounds to do something patriotic Tuesday. :D

TheHumanAlphabet
1/22/2009, 11:03 AM
Dagnabit, people! Yer just driving up the prices and buying into the paranoia the gun/ammo sellers are peddling. Here I am waiting for things to settle down and y'all are the problem. This is like when everyone out here had a run on gas on a Friday. Prices went up to like $5 a gallon and everyplace ran out until Monday. I filled up on Tuesday for like $3 a gallon. Now take a deep breath and remember we can control prices from the demand side if we are patient. Jheez.

Heh, I know what you're saying, but there aren't many Colt 6920s and Benelli M4s out there to buy. Both of which could be federally mandated out as they could be considered "assault" weapons. My wife bought when she found 'em. Other things are plentiful, except for the hoarders...Pistols are difficult somewhat, depending on model.

StoopTroup
1/22/2009, 12:03 PM
What about guys who think like this?

The shotgun has limited applications:

Their effective range is short

Even with magazines, they are slow to reload

The user is unable to carry as much ammunition

They lack bullet penetration

Contrary to popular myth, the shotgun is not very effective at close ranges.

A carbine is a much more effective weapon.

You don't need to post this stuff.

The M1014 and M590 are the only two official issued GI weapons.

All others are obtained using COTS (which you don't know what this is) because you wouldn't be posting this stuff if you did.

The Remington 870 and Winchester shotguns play a very minor role in the story of the modern US military shotgun. They are not a Standard A weapon and have no military designation.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=954998

SoonerBorn68
1/22/2009, 01:29 PM
The shotgun has limited applications:

Their effective range is short
(For in home protection the range is short)

Even with magazines, they are slow to reload
(If you can't stop (an) intruder(s) with 5-8 shots, you're dead anyway.)

The user is unable to carry as much ammunition
(5-8 blasts ought to do the trick when inside your home.)

They lack bullet penetration
(good, I would hate to injure or kill my loved ones who are just a wall away from the confrontation)

Contrary to popular myth, the shotgun is not very effective at close ranges.
(I beg to differ. You're not going to walk off a shotgun blast.)

A carbine is a much more effective weapon.
(agreed, but not within the confinds of a home.)

TheHumanAlphabet
1/22/2009, 04:25 PM
:D

ST that is one freaky avatar.

Jerk
1/23/2009, 10:39 PM
I talked to my FFL today for the first time since the election.

I used to be able to walk in there and pick up a stripped AR lower receiver.

If, by chance, you need one now, you will be put on a waiting list and should get it..............by July!

I'm glad I got all my sh*t when I could.

oh, btw, we had a major victory today. Hillary's replacement is a female Democrat from upstate New York with a 100% A rating from the NRA.

KC//CRIMSON
1/23/2009, 11:17 PM
Hey, what do you get when you put 32 rednecks in a room?

A full set of teeth!

olevetonahill
1/23/2009, 11:39 PM
Hey, what do you get when you put 32 rednecks in a room?

A full set of teeth!

What do you get when you put 32 Libs In a room ?
A full Out House :P

Jerk
1/23/2009, 11:55 PM

A buzz from the second-hand bong smoke.

KC//CRIMSON
1/24/2009, 12:13 AM
A full Out House :P

What do you call 32 republicans standing ear to ear?

A wind tunnel.

Curly Bill
1/24/2009, 12:37 AM

A combined IQ of 100.

olevetonahill
1/24/2009, 03:42 AM

A wind tunnel.

At least I put a smile :P

olevetonahill
1/24/2009, 03:52 AM

A wind tunnel.

What do you get with 32 Libs standing Mouth to mouth?
a **********'s reunion :D
wanta keep doing the one liners ?:P

Jerk
1/24/2009, 07:01 AM
What about guys who think like this?

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=954998

The only 'myth' about shotguns is that you don't have to aim.

My advice about shotguns is to use 000 Buck or slugs.

Anyone who says that shotguns lack the power to take someone down is an idiot. Ok, so you have a slug weighing 437.5 grains and traveling 1700fps and that is going to obliterate anything it hits. They're also saying it doesn't penetrate enough. Well hell, take the energy of 437.5 grains and 1700 fps and if it doesn't go through somebody then that means that they are going to absorb all of that energy. I'm not a Doctor but that's not condusive to good health.

If you use 000 buck, each of the pellets has a similar weight and velocity as a .38 special. So, one blast to the chest is like getting shot 9 times with a handgun.

The only gun I keep loaded around here is an 870. The first one to fly will be the slug, the rest will be buckshot.

captain_surly
1/24/2009, 11:05 AM
The only gun I keep loaded around here is an 870. The first one to fly will be the slug, the rest will be buckshot.

Why the slug first? I have my Winchester 12 Guage loaded with all 00 buckshot, I don't understand the advantage of the slug at household range. Also a question. My shotgun has screw in choke tubes and I leave them all out on the theory that I get a wider pattern without any of them. Am I right or should I put one of the three in? I'll hang up and take your answer off the air.

Jerk
1/24/2009, 12:03 PM
Why the slug first? I have my Winchester 12 Guage loaded with all 00 buckshot, I don't understand the advantage of the slug at household range. Also a question. My shotgun has screw in choke tubes and I leave them all out on the theory that I get a wider pattern without any of them. Am I right or should I put one of the three in? I'll hang up and take your answer off the air.

That's fine. That first slug is just my way of saying 'hello.'

As for your screw in chokes, that's up to you. My cop friend actually prefers a tighter pattern in case he needs to be very precise with a shot and take "half a face" off. I have an improved cylinder barrel. Inside a home I bet it wouldn't make much of a difference, and we're not on a hostage rescue mission.

All of my answers are worth what you paid for them.

bluedogok
1/24/2009, 01:20 PM
I have been considering an Remington 870 Express, thoughts?

Considering that I have never fired anything more than a pellet or a paintball gun I have planned on taking a class at a local range and get some practice in there. I have always been interested in trying skeet/trap shooting so this is a step towards a home defense weapon and getting started in that. I have always liked the look of the 870 and thought the Express might be a good intro gun. Eventually I plan on adding a pistol as well.

Curly Bill
1/24/2009, 01:57 PM
I have been considering an Remington 870 Express, thoughts?

Considering that I have never fired anything more than a pellet or a paintball gun I have planned on taking a class at a local range and get some practice in there. I have always been interested in trying skeet/trap shooting so this is a step towards a home defense weapon and getting started in that. I have always liked the look of the 870 and thought the Express might be a good intro gun. Eventually I plan on adding a pistol as well.

Nothing at all wrong with an 870 Express, it should make an excellent intro gun. I have an 870 Wingmaster which is just a fancier version, and it has served me well for near 30 years. My Dad has one as well that has worked for him going on over 40. As far as I'm concerned the 870 takes a backseat to no shotgun.

olevetonahill
1/24/2009, 02:06 PM
Bro I dont think you will be happy with using a Trap/ skeet gun for home defense . ( the barrel length) .
But Yes the 870 is a Fine weapon ;)

Curly Bill
1/24/2009, 02:23 PM
Were I to use a shotgun as my primary home defense weapon I would put a shorter barrel on it, a slug barrel for example, and load it with 000 buckshot.

olevetonahill
1/24/2009, 02:30 PM
Were I to use a shotgun as my primary home defense weapon I would put a shorter barrel on it, a slug barrel for example, and load it with 000 buckshot.

Yup
But if I had no weapons training or experience I would go with a semi Auto,

bluedogok
1/25/2009, 12:30 AM
I had planned on get a shorter barrel for the 870 Express for home defense use from the beginning and swapping them out when sport shooting. If I enjoy shooting clays, I would play on buying a dedicated gun for that purpose and keep the Express at home.

Curly Bill
1/25/2009, 11:43 AM
Good Lord! When I bought my Wingmaster back 30 years or so ago I think it was just over $200. I priced them yesterday at Gander Mountain and they were $895. This hit me like a ton of bricks, guns are a great investment! With the stock market in the tank why put more money there when I can buy guns? :D