PDA

View Full Version : Urban Meyer shows respect for Oklahoma

Circle City Gator
1/21/2009, 07:01 AM
Just thought you'd want to know.

The good ones don't blink (http://www.gatorcountry.com/football/article/the_good_ones_dont_blink/5500)

“There are some players that would rather go somewhere and start and go to bad bowl games and not play in a game like this [BCS National Championship Game],” said Meyer in Miami. “There are other players that would like to go to an Oklahoma or a USC [or a Florida]. Those are the kind of players we like.”

Sooner70
1/21/2009, 07:26 AM
What's a bad bowl game? If you haven't been to one in years, none of them are bad. You're happy to go anywhere. Wasn't Stoops' first one that one in Shreveport & he was happy to do it. If you habitually go, then I guess you can afford to be choosy & classify them. I get the point, though.

My neighbor is a Longhorn & last nite I gave him a ride home. He was rightfully pointing out how Texas has won their last 5 bowl games. I bit my tongue, but thought "....I'd rather go to a NCG & play a close, competitive game and lose than go to one of the other bowls every year, even BCS, and win"...but I didn't. I'd sure like to be able to win more than 1/4 of those NCG games, though.

GG84
1/21/2009, 08:25 AM
What's a bad bowl game? If you haven't been to one in years, none of them are bad. You're happy to go anywhere. Wasn't Stoops' first one that one in Shreveport & he was happy to do it. If you habitually go, then I guess you can afford to be choosy & classify them. I get the point, though.

Meyer is most likely taking a shot at Miami and FSU.

Circle City Gator
1/21/2009, 08:35 AM

Not that he'd miss a shot at FSU or Miami, but I take as something far simpler. He's saying some teams play to win their games, or their conferences, while a few select others play to win it all. If you are a real competitor you want to be on one of these few select teams. And the teams he named were Florida, USC, and Oklahoma.

SoonersEnFuego
1/21/2009, 08:58 AM
or Notre Lame.

SteelClip49
1/21/2009, 09:08 AM
Urban Meyer certainly knows what respect is unlike Satan and Viles.

OUDoc
1/21/2009, 09:22 AM
He wants to get in good with us so we'll hire him when Bob retires. ;)

NawlensGator
1/21/2009, 12:15 PM
My neighbor is a Longhorn .

There goes the neighborhood.

rainiersooner
1/21/2009, 01:24 PM
Good post - its easy to be a big fish in a small pond...we don't want those kind of players.

JLEW1818
1/21/2009, 01:35 PM
I've never had anything against Meyer....now that mack guy is another story

I Am Right
1/21/2009, 05:49 PM
Bad Bowl Game= any bowl that osu sucks plays in.

Dan Thompson
1/21/2009, 07:45 PM
A bad bowl, the Dust Bowl:)

8timechamps
1/22/2009, 01:44 AM
I've said this before.

The difference in going to a team that frequents the title game and loses, over going to a team that usually makes a bowl game (and wins every now and then) is like dating.

Would you rather date the hottest girl in the world for 8 months only to have her leave you at the alter, or date an average girl, that has really bad gas, but will not leave you at the alter.

I'll take the 8 months with the hot girl, because those 8 months are going to be fun as hell.

Crucifax Autumn
1/22/2009, 02:29 AM
I've had that one both ways and they both kinda suck!

goingoneight
1/22/2009, 08:20 PM
Meyer and Stoops are big fans of one another if people haven't noticed yet. Regardless of whatever silly rivalries bitter OU fans have against UF, Stoops still came from Gatorville among other places on his way to OU and Meyer has always had great respect for OU and Stoops.

crimson&cream
1/23/2009, 01:25 PM
Stoops and Meyer grew up about an hour away from each other in HS in Ohio.

deebo65
1/23/2009, 01:29 PM
Gator fan here and I am not trying to flame or gloat, I just have a question. I have nothing but respect for OU. OU has a long history of a being a great program. I have noticed damn near hatred towrds Gator fans since our game together. Understandable considering the outcome and I have no problem with it. My question is did OU fans hate us before we played or just since?

I can't ever remember playing OU previously so I have not had any rivalry type attitude towards the Sooners. We have both been top programs for some time now and I, as a Gator fan and college football fan in general, liked watching Sooner highlights on ESPN and what not. I had never had any animosity towrds OU for any reason. It just seems like you guys freakin HATE us. I was just curious if it had always been or just recent. Thanks, With both of us having our main gogs come back, we might get to try this all over again next year.

OUDoc
1/23/2009, 01:34 PM
I just hate:
A) Losing
B) The media shoving Tebow down our throats.

Other than that, I have no problems with UF. At least you aren't Miami.

UberSooner
1/23/2009, 03:35 PM
I just hate:
A) Losing
B) The media shoving The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah down our throats.

Other than that, I have no problems with UF. At least you aren't Miami.

I am UberSooner and I approve this message.

OK2LA
1/23/2009, 06:33 PM
Gator fan here and I am not trying to flame or gloat, I just have a question. I have nothing but respect for OU. OU has a long history of a being a great program. I have noticed damn near hatred towrds Gator fans since our game together. Understandable considering the outcome and I have no problem with it. My question is did OU fans hate us before we played or just since?

I can't ever remember playing OU previously so I have not had any rivalry type attitude towards the Sooners. We have both been top programs for some time now and I, as a Gator fan and college football fan in general, liked watching Sooner highlights on ESPN and what not. I had never had any animosity towrds OU for any reason. It just seems like you guys freakin HATE us. I was just curious if it had always been or just recent. Thanks, With both of us having our main gogs come back, we might get to try this all over again next year.

Thanks for posting - welcome to the board.

Unfortunately, the hate runs deep for those teams that have beaten us in bowl games - MNC games especially. You're probably too young to remember the *** whuppin that Nebraska put on you guys. But I'd bet that most Florida fans that were fans on that day - most likely have the same feeling towards Nebbish. That loss was similar to our OB against USC - thus the hatred. Hate the one that made you look bad . . . point the finger. A-HOLES!!! They whipped us - I hate them.

Florida stood in the way of another national championship for us - you got it - we didn't. We hate you. Don't take it personally. This hatred most likely will not go away until we beat you in another national championship game . . . and then beat you again - just so we can get the edge on you, and be able to tell you that we're better than you.

We have many programs that we are working on filling those vendettas against.

L-Boy
1/23/2009, 08:41 PM

Unfortunately, the hate runs deep for those teams that have beaten us in bowl games - MNC games especially. You're probably too young to remember the *** whuppin that Nebraska put on you guys. But I'd bet that most Florida fans that were fans on that day - most likely have the same feeling towards Nebbish. That loss was similar to our OB against USC - thus the hatred. Hate the one that made you look bad . . . point the finger. A-HOLES!!! They whipped us - I hate them.

Florida stood in the way of another national championship for us - you got it - we didn't. We hate you. Don't take it personally. This hatred most likely will not go away until we beat you in another national championship game . . . and then beat you again - just so we can get the edge on you, and be able to tell you that we're better than you.

I don't recall a massive outpouring of hate towards NB after they kicked the gators a$$es. Yes, there was some stone throwing towards the tailback involved in a battery against a female (Phillips?) that was allowed to play, but beyond that I don't recall that much.

As to the noobie Gator's question, I don't think the level of animousity was there(here) originally, but as some of us Gator posters came over here, and did not necessarily buy into the purported OU invincibility, animousity grew and some called for banning of Gator fans for not recognizing the invincibility of the almighty OU offense.

Of course, when the actual game showed that OU was not invincible, and maybe some Gator fans arguments actually turned out to be right, the level of bitterness increased. Having the media openly throw excessive praise at Tim Tebow didn't help either.

ECUTiger27
1/23/2009, 09:08 PM

That was a very funny post. Well done. Personally, I liked Florida and was rooting for them in every game I saw them with exception to OU's. Great talent and coaching, which can clearly be seen. As Lou Holtz once said, "Burning your neighbor's house down, doesn't make yours look any better"

delhalew
1/23/2009, 09:12 PM
I don't recall a massive outpouring of hate towards NB after they kicked the gators a$$es. Yes, there was some stone throwing towards the tailback involved in a battery against a female (Phillips?) that was allowed to play, but beyond that I don't recall that much.

As to the noobie Gator's question, I don't think the level of animousity was there(here) originally, but as some of us Gator posters came over here, and did not necessarily buy into the purported OU invincibility, animousity grew and some called for banning of Gator fans for not recognizing the invincibility of the almighty OU offense.

Of course, when the actual game showed that OU was not invincible, and maybe some Gator fans arguments actually turned out to be right, the level of bitterness increased. Having the media openly throw excessive praise at The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah didn't help either.

You're not equipped to analyze the feelings of any Soonerfan. In fact, you sound like an @ss. You still haven't learned to not be condescending and thats why punks like you are often threatened with a banning.

There are a few Gators I don't hate. VERY FEW.

jwlynn64
1/23/2009, 09:33 PM
I have noticed damn near hatred towrds Gator fans since our game together. Understandable considering the outcome and I have no problem with it. My question is did OU fans hate us before we played or just since?

Can only speak for myself but I don't dislike FU or their fans (in general). The hatred started when Gator fans came to the Soonerfan's board and started proclaiming 1. Only SEC defenses were any good and 2. All BigXII defenses sucked.

No mater what any Gator fan says (yes I am talking about you L-Boy), that is what happened.

The media suckfest of Meyer and The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah were just the straws that broke the camel's back.

Of course, when the actual game showed that OU was not invincible, and maybe some Gator fans arguments actually turned out to be right, the level of bitterness increased. Having the media openly throw excessive praise at The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah didn't help either.

I assume you are talking about the bad Big XII defenses that gave FU the best game of the season. Pretty good prediction there. :rolleyes: I think that most here would give you the fact that Florida's D was as good as advertised.

By the way, no one expects you to supplicate yourselves before the Sooners when you come on our boards but you should at least be respectful. The majority of Gator fans that came here were not.

delhalew
1/23/2009, 09:37 PM

You have to understand deebo, since your fellow phloridians arrived here they have been some of the most obnoxious post whores we have encountered. With a few exception, they have been more irritating than LSU fans, pokes, sandaggies, and in many case more ridiculous than whorns.

A select few are welcome to stay indefinatly, you sound like the sort of person who may be one of them. Just note that L-boy has more posts than me and he's been here 2 months. You listen to his bulls**t for two months and see if you aren't easily angered.

1/23/2009, 10:22 PM
A bad bowl, the Dust Bowl:)

If they ever hold one in Lubbock, we have a name.

Scott D
1/23/2009, 10:25 PM
A Bad Bowl Game is anything lower than the Cotton Bowl in the Big-12 structure.

L-Boy
1/24/2009, 11:52 AM
Can only speak for myself but I don't dislike FU or their fans (in general). The hatred started when Gator fans came to the Soonerfan's board and started proclaiming 1. Only SEC defenses were any good and 2. All BigXII defenses sucked.

No mater what any Gator fan says (yes I am talking about you L-Boy), that is what happened.

The media suckfest of Meyer and The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah were just the straws that broke the camel's back.

I think you are exaggerating, but yes, SEC fans thought SEC defenses were better and Big 12 defenses stunk. OU fans thought Big 12 offenses were all world, and SEC offenses stunk. Some OU fans thought that there was no way an SEC team could contain the almighty OU offense. As it turns out, both sides were wrong, to a degree. I don't think OU fans were any more accurate than the UF fans. I thought the OU D would get run over, and I have fully admitted that I was wrong on that account and the OU D was the best we faced all year.

I assume you are talking about the bad Big XII defenses that gave FU the best game of the season. Pretty good prediction there. :rolleyes: I think that most here would give you the fact that Florida's D was as good as advertised.

By the way, no one expects you to supplicate yourselves before the Sooners when you come on our boards but you should at least be respectful. The majority of Gator fans that came here were not.

I think most of us that remain have tried to be respectful, and have been far more respectful than OU fans towards us. If we say anything bordering on derogatory, then we are quickly banned. So the ones that are still here seem to at least exceeded the minimum bar set forth by the mods.

If people are going to rag on the Gators, gator fans, etc, then I am going to respond, in kind, to the degree permissable. Some OU fans seem to think that constitutes disrespect.

L-Boy
1/24/2009, 12:02 PM
You're not equipped to analyze the feelings of any Soonerfan. In fact, you sound like an @ss. You still haven't learned to not be condescending and thats why punks like you are often threatened with a banning.

There are a few Gators I don't hate. VERY FEW.

I don't hate OU fans. Hating large portions of fans of another college football team is arguably irrational. From my experience with OU fans and doing business in OK, I think with some people in OK, being a sooner fan, is a bigger part of their identity than some other programs (that is not to say there aren't over the top UF fans, there are). There's just not a ton of stuff going on in OK, and to some being a Sooner fan is pretty much their main focal point in life. I have been told by a business associate who works in OK that some highly placed public officials turned down the opportunity to have a NASCAR location in OK, because there would be fear that NASCAR could end up being bigger than OU football. Most people in OK HATE Texans, primarily because of the whole TX/OU rivalry. They don't even want to do business with people in TX. As to people in TX, they are mostly indifferent on the matter.

OK2LA
1/24/2009, 01:01 PM

I think that you might be hiding your head in the sand a little bit, but YOU are the Gator fan, and I'll have to take your word for it with respect to the gatornation's feelings towards Nebbish.

but as some of us Gator posters came over here, and did not necessarily buy into the purported OU invincibility, animousity grew and some called for banning of Gator fans for not recognizing the invincibility of the almighty OU offense.

Of course, when the actual game showed that OU was not invincible, and maybe some Gator fans arguments actually turned out to be right, the level of bitterness increased.

Come on fella. See - this is the kind of stuff that really ignites ill will towards you. We heard the same kind of fervor coming from the gatornation about your defense and T*E*B*O*W.

You won, and we congratulated you on it. What more would you like us to do?

How long are you going to play kick the dog?

I don't hate anyone. That is a pretty strong word, and in my old age, I've tried to be better person in general, and not take this "football thing" so seriously. Your next post touched on some of the theories about OU fans and them not having much more than football - there might be a matter of truth there, but not any more than the average SEC fan either. (That is not a dig, or an insult)

Please don't throw that Florida thing up at us - insinuating that you are more cosmopolitian because you have the Tampa Bay Lightning & Jacksonville Jaggywires, warm weather, & Epcot within your state borders. You sound like:texan:

delhalew
1/24/2009, 07:33 PM
I dont like to use the word hate either, but I hate this prick. Every post in which he tries to characterize Oklahomans or OU is more stupid than the last. Nearly every one of them are insulting in one way or another.

L-boy's dooshbaggery reigns supreme.

L-Boy
1/24/2009, 09:06 PM
I think that you might be hiding your head in the sand a little bit, but YOU are the Gator fan, and I'll have to take your word for it with respect to the gatornation's feelings towards Nebbish.

Come on fella. See - this is the kind of stuff that really ignites ill will towards you. We heard the same kind of fervor coming from the gatornation about your defense and T*E*B*O*W.

You won, and we congratulated you on it. What more would you like us to do?

How long are you going to play kick the dog?

I don't hate anyone. That is a pretty strong word, and in my old age, I've tried to be better person in general, and not take this "football thing" so seriously. Your next post touched on some of the theories about OU fans and them not having much more than football - there might be a matter of truth there, but not any more than the average SEC fan either. (That is not a dig, or an insult)

Please don't throw that Florida thing up at us - insinuating that you are more cosmopolitian because you have the Tampa Bay Lightning & Jacksonville Jaggywires, warm weather, & Epcot within your state borders. You sound like:texan:

I don't have a problem with anything you just said, you seem pretty rational about all this. As to your final points, I do live in TX, so if FL were perfect I wouldn't have moved. And yes, there is definitely a hick factor there too and some odd and overbearing fans. Nor am I generally viewed as a cosmopolitan type. :D

It was never my intention to "kick the dog" - I have been on the losing end (as a fan) and it kinda sucks - but I have chosen to stick around the threads that are devoted to character assasinations on the various Gator players. For all the assertions about Gators lacking class, there are countless fans on here who choose to question The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiahs christianity, sexuality,and a whole host of other things, and accuse the rest of the players as being from the "hood".

CrimsonJim
1/24/2009, 09:50 PM

I can't speak for everybody, but I am certain that the majority here do not hate UF fans, in general. HOWEVER, due to the onslaught of Phloriduh fans that came tripping over each other to demonstrate their complete lack of respect for us & our program, to tirelessly spew impossible and meaningless 40 times, bloviating about how the SEC was the greatest conference God ever created, telling us how our defense sucked, and in general telling us we didn't know what the hell we were talking about most of the time (and other miscellaneous BS I have failed to mention), compiled with our loss in the MNC game have left us with a festering sore that has yet had time to heal.

While most of the remaining Gators here have learned to engage in intelligent conversation, there are still some, that try as they might, just cannot help themselves. I truly believe that they are trying to be civil, but they are just so full of themselves that they cannot keep from poking at that sore. So until they learn to control their blatant bullshattery &/or just go the F away, you will note a prompt retort from the masses, which to the untrained eye could be misconstrued as "hate". :D

OK2LA
1/25/2009, 11:32 AM
I can't speak for everybody, but I am certain that the majority here do not hate UF fans, in general. HOWEVER, due to the onslaught of Phloriduh fans that came tripping over each other to demonstrate their complete lack of respect for us & our program, to tirelessly spew impossible and meaningless 40 times, bloviating about how the SEC was the greatest conference God ever created, telling us how our defense sucked, and in general telling us we didn't know what the hell we were talking about most of the time (and other miscellaneous BS I have failed to mention), compiled with our loss in the MNC game have left us with a festering sore that has yet had time to heal.

While most of the remaining Gators here have learned to engage in intelligent conversation, there are still some, that try as they might, just cannot help themselves. I truly believe that they are trying to be civil, but they are just so full of themselves that they cannot keep from poking at that sore. So until they learn to control their blatant bullshattery &/or just go the F away, you will note a prompt retort from the masses, which to the untrained eye could be misconstrued as "hate". :D

We all have to realize that if this went the other way - OU-24 Florida 14, or any other score in OU's favor, the shoe would be on the other foot. Many would be saying "I told you so." in every form and fashion. (Outright arrogance, veiled disrespect, hatred for T+e+b+o+w - saying that he sucked, sincere respect for our opponent, and everything in between.) You can say that when we win - we do it with class, and wouldn't say such things on their board, but we all know that we have our fair share of dooshbag fans that would be camped out over on their board saying the same kinds of things - and many of them would have a logical argument (as many Gator fans have here) for how we won - and looking for that "Yeah, you guys were better than us - truly the best team in the nation - OU is awesome / The Big XII was better than we thought."

RESPECT

If this is what you're looking for - from someone else - most of the time, I think you're going to be disappointed. (Even after a victory - and sometimes after a loss.) The funny thing is - Gator fans, and all MNC winners should do nothing but heap praise on their opponent - no matter what the score - showing that they beat the 2nd best team in the nation - sometimes THE BEST TEAM in the nation (upsets do happen & I'm not saying anything in particular about Florida/OU) - when fans cheer "Over Rated" after beating a team - it just reflects poorly on them, and diminishes their win over the #1 or #2 team, and feeds the "You wouldn't have done that to Texas, USC, Utah" arguments. - Sorry for the sidebar soapbox speech.

A few on here have given the Gator fans their due, but others refuse (which isn't a bad thing) and continue to call t-e-b-o-w names and that continues to flame the gator fans. I think that this will continue for many years.

L-Boy
1/25/2009, 01:27 PM
We all have to realize that if this went the other way - OU-24 Florida 14, or any other score in OU's favor, the shoe would be on the other foot. Many would be saying "I told you so." in every form and fashion. (Outright arrogance, veiled disrespect, hatred for T+e+b+o+w - saying that he sucked, sincere respect for our opponent, and everything in between.) You can say that when we win - we do it with class, and wouldn't say such things on their board, but we all know that we have our fair share of dooshbag fans that would be camped out over on their board saying the same kinds of things - and many of them would have a logical argument (as many Gator fans have here) for how we won - and looking for that "Yeah, you guys were better than us - truly the best team in the nation - OU is awesome / The Big XII was better than we thought."

RESPECT

If this is what you're looking for - from someone else - most of the time, I think you're going to be disappointed. (Even after a victory - and sometimes after a loss.) The funny thing is - Gator fans, and all MNC winners should do nothing but heap praise on their opponent - no matter what the score - showing that they beat the 2nd best team in the nation - sometimes THE BEST TEAM in the nation (upsets do happen & I'm not saying anything in particular about Florida/OU) - when fans cheer "Over Rated" after beating a team - it just reflects poorly on them, and diminishes their win over the #1 or #2 team, and feeds the "You wouldn't have done that to Texas, USC, Utah" arguments. - Sorry for the sidebar soapbox speech.

A few on here have given the Gator fans their due, but others refuse (which isn't a bad thing) and continue to call t-e-b-o-w names and that continues to flame the gator fans. I think that this will continue for many years.

I think both you and CJ have summed it up pretty nicely. I can't speak for the entire gator nation, but in spite of what is perceived, in my case, I DO respect OU's program and history. What some here forget is that while I thought UF would win, I always conceded it could easily go either way, and even after the game, it wasn't until midway through the 4th until UF started to pull away just a tad. So you won't see me doing any obnoxious victory dances, because it isn't warranted, and its just bad form.

For those of you, like the two of you avoe and a some other good posts, if in my case I have offended anybody, I am sorry for that, it was not my intention when I came over here. However, there are some that are going to view visitors as flamers unless we are completely deferential, and that is not my character. I fully realize that anything goes for the homers when it comes to visitors, and that is fine, but if the players (as well as myself) are called faggots and accused of not having christian values, lacking of character, etc, well I am the type that is going to poke back a little.

I am sure UF fans would not be any more cordial on a Gator board, so I get that. That's the nature of college football fans, and to some degree it is entertaining.

OK2LA
1/25/2009, 05:28 PM
, but if the players (as well as myself) are called faggots and accused of not having christian values, lacking of character, etc, well I am the type that is going to poke back a little.

I am sure UF fans would not be any more cordial on a Gator board, so I get that. That's the nature of college football fans, and to some degree it is entertaining.

I don't blame you for poking back, or even striking back. I would expect nothing less when people name call, and talk about sexuality, etc. (You have to kind of take these things with a grain of salt though) - I'm not sure anyone on this board really thinks that T+e+b+o+w is gay. On the contrary, most are probably jealous of his athletic ability and the fact that the guy has a hot girlfriend. This is the default insult when you can't really stand someone - you call them a fag - and there is basically nothing more than you can say after that.

I just don't think you're in much of a winning position at this point - it sounds like you've got a reputation around here (deserved or not) and that isn't likely going to change. I haven't read all of your posts, so I don't have the full story on you, but from the ones that I've read - I didn't think that an apology was necessary, but it sounded sincere enough to me.

Hope you continue to post, but keep in mind - if what you're looking for on this board is some kind universal reversal of feelings towards tebow and your team - you may be disappointed.

85sooners
1/25/2009, 08:40 PM
I just hate:
A) Losing
B) The media shoving The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah down our throats.

Other than that, I have no problems with UF. At least you aren't Miami.i pick b

deebo65
1/26/2009, 09:58 AM
I can understand how some chit talking rivals would add fuel to the fire before and after a big game that didn't go as planned. Without having a history as being rivals it is not such a big deal to me, however if the score would be reversed some distain for OU would begin to grow I'm sure. But chit talking rivals, especially on your own board, would heat things up quickly. I think we both have a better than average chance to meet again next year for the same trophy so I am sure this will turn into a full fleged rivalry now. Good luck in the Red River Battle next year and Look forward to seeing you next January.

So basically what you are saying is changing my name to L-boy to gain some friends on here wouldn't be in my best interest? And btw, I think the changing Teb0w to Tebow is pretty damn funny actually.

delhalew
1/26/2009, 11:35 AM
In all the arguements what gets lost is my respect for UF. I of course, would love a rematch.

No excuses, but I don't feel Phlorida got our best game.

deebo65
1/26/2009, 11:41 AM
I would love a rematch with Percy and Demarco 100%. Without all our players at full strength there is always room to say "if". As long as both teams are full strength, the only thing we fans can bitch about is officiating. And I am sure there would stiull be plenty of bitching from both sides about that...

OK2LA
1/26/2009, 04:20 PM
You beat us - basically with our best team. No excuses.

L-Boy
1/28/2009, 11:29 PM
I don't blame you for poking back, or even striking back. I would expect nothing less when people name call, and talk about sexuality, etc. (You have to kind of take these things with a grain of salt though) - I'm not sure anyone on this board really thinks that T+e+b+o+w is gay. On the contrary, most are probably jealous of his athletic ability and the fact that the guy has a hot girlfriend. This is the default insult when you can't really stand someone - you call them a fag - and there is basically nothing more than you can say after that.

I just don't think you're in much of a winning position at this point - it sounds like you've got a reputation around here (deserved or not) and that isn't likely going to change. I haven't read all of your posts, so I don't have the full story on you, but from the ones that I've read - I didn't think that an apology was necessary, but it sounded sincere enough to me.

Hope you continue to post, but keep in mind - if what you're looking for on this board is some kind universal reversal of feelings towards The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah and your team - you may be disappointed.

You are fully correct, I don't come here for affirmation. I will play the role as polite visitor, or adversary, whichever role is thrown my way. Seems I am the resident villian at the moment. :)

I think what is interesting is that I have never said anything overly negative about the Sooner football team, fans, history, etc, yet you would think I stole their mother's pocket book.

Curly Bill
1/28/2009, 11:36 PM
Rhino, is this another thread concerning the Gators we can go ahead and lock? Otherwise it'll keep getting bumped until next season by you know who.

Crucifax Autumn
1/29/2009, 12:00 AM
Please do!

1/29/2009, 01:45 PM
As a college football fan, I have a lot of respect for the Sooners. You have a great tradition of power football. Kicking a$$ and taking names during the 70s & 80s. But this brand of football you all play is just a bit to soft for me. Fair defense, heavy emphasis on the cute passing game and only a complimentary dose of running. There is just not enough power in the OU game. That surprises me considering your coach is a defensive guy. OU has become a finesse bully. When it is up on a team, like a bully it piles on with 60 points, then gets in a game with an equally talented team and merely gets 14...bully. When OU is getting smacked around early in a game they have a soft quality about them, they don't nut up and come back to dominate.

The team has taken on the image of its QBs who are soft. They are not hard nosed, tough physical dudes. So as the soft QB goes so goes OU. You need to find a stud of a man to play QB in your finesse offense to give the O some swagger when things are going tough against a superior team like the Gators or UT. UT had these words to share: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBxWgZszTU&feature=related

swardboy
1/29/2009, 02:00 PM
We dropped a pass on the goal line. Everyone knows we should have been up 21-7 at halftime. Count me UNimpressed against a fair team that didn't see our best running back on the field. Period.

C&CDean
1/29/2009, 02:32 PM
As a college football fan, I have a lot of respect for the Sooners. You have a great tradition of power football. Kicking a$$ and taking names during the 70s & 80s. But this brand of football you all play is just a bit to soft for me. Fair defense, heavy emphasis on the cute passing game and only a complimentary dose of running. There is just not enough power in the OU game. That surprises me considering your coach is a defensive guy. OU has become a finesse bully. When it is up on a team, like a bully it piles on with 60 points, then gets in a game with an equally talented team and merely gets 14...bully. When OU is getting smacked around early in a game they have a soft quality about them, they don't nut up and come back to dominate.

The team has taken on the image of its QBs who are soft. They are not hard nosed, tough physical dudes. So as the soft QB goes so goes OU. You need to find a stud of a man to play QB in your finesse offense to give the O some swagger when things are going tough against a superior team like the Gators or UT. UT had these words to share: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBxWgZszTU&feature=related

How about you go **** yourself mmmkay?

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2009, 11:24 AM

tebow's poor sportsmanship after the defense saved his *** at the end of the game may have something to to with it.

TheGodfather889
1/30/2009, 07:44 PM

I don't hate UF at all. I've actually liked the program going back to the 90's because unlike many I liked Spurrier and his teams. I rooted for UF when they played Ohio State two years ago. I did meet some Gator fans that I wasn't too fond of in Miami but I know every fan base has those kind of fans including OU's. I don't like losing to UF but I don't hate them. Now if you ask me about LSU or USC then that is simply just another story. :D

L-Boy
1/31/2009, 11:29 AM

Not to side with the homers, but this post does not make a hell of a lot of sense. On an avg yds per pass play basis, OU's is comparable to UF's, so not sure what the cute passes remark means. Prior to Te bow, Leak threw a lot of much shorter passes than Te bow or Bradford. I think Bradford is a pretty good and sturdy QB - the dude has taken some serious hits - he is not soft, and can run if he needs to. As to running, UF had more running yds this year, but OU was not that far behind and I would say OU's running is more traditional power running compared to UF's speed running (apart from Te bow). Since Fred Taylor, and maybe Earnest Graham, both of who were woefully underutilized, I don't recall any outstanding UF running backs. At OU there was this Petersen guy.....

Prior to Bradford, I think some of the prior OU QB's were overacheivers in a system that made QB's look better than they are - the same could be said of some of the QB's at UF in the Spurrier era.

Maybe you prefer Ohio State brand of football.

The Remnant
1/31/2009, 08:17 PM
Sam Bradford is soft? Really??? How in the hell can anybody reach that conclusion?

L-Boy
2/1/2009, 01:14 PM
Sam Bradford is soft? Really??? How in the hell can anybody reach that conclusion?

If this is the same Sid that posts on Gator boards he likes to post opinions that often don't make a bunch of sense. Its surprising he is pimping Te bow, because he is generally a big Chris Leak fan - best I can tell he likes to interject race into the argument - he has ragged on Spurrier in the past for not having any black QB's.

This softness is really a dumb argument. I think both Te bow and Bradford fit their respective systems quite well. I have seen Bradford take some serious hits and I would say Bradford is probably sturdier than Sid's Gator god - Chris Leak.

SpoiledBySig
2/4/2009, 06:27 PM
Howdy,

I'm here in South Florida and I have grown up being a Miami, Florida and most of all FSU fan.

My father was from Oklahoma. I never was a Sooner's fan, actually had no respect for them.

But, the way they played Florida, I found that this Oklahoma team with Sam Bradford certainly was no fluke. That Bradford guy is as good as they say (maybe better).

Like Urban Meyer, I now also sure have a lot of respect for Oklahoma. I think Oklahoma will definitely be even better next season and they will take it all.

You guys sure have nothing to be ashamed about.

KU_Sooner
2/5/2009, 05:56 PM

The Championship was the first time Florida and Oklahoma had ever played each other. I think it was mentioned at some point during the pre-game Timmy T Lovefest. They gave the exact number of games played by both teams combined and I want to say it was somewhere around 2,400 total games without a single OU-UF matchup.

JLEW1818
2/5/2009, 06:57 PM
did we play florida this year ?

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 12:04 AM
I'm already predicting OU will be playing Ohio State for the National Championship game next season.

Best of luck, Okies!

starclassic tama
2/6/2009, 12:32 AM
you didn't respect OU after we shut out your boys in the 01 orange bowl?

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 10:01 AM
you didn't respect OU after we shut out your boys in the 01 orange bowl?

No I did not, We lost because our star WR, Marvin "snoop" Minnus was suspended for that game. Anquan Bolden was just a frosh and was easy to pick on. Miami should have been in that game, especially after Minnus' suspension.

Take a look at that game again and the stats. Your punter was the hero of that game. FSU had 280 something total yards and you guys had close to 240.

Our kicker sucked, the score was 3-0 at halftime, you guys didn't a TD until the late 4th quarter (when Weinke fumbled at the 10 yard line).

You won against a shell of the 1999 FSU team. Miami was the team that shoulda went to the NC (Bowden even admitted it). Miami proved it the next season. Miami beat FSU that same 1999 season too.

I know you don't believe this because you're all die-hard OU fans and that's understandable.

Coupled with the way OU lost those other BCS games against LSU and USC.

But this OU team with Sam Bradford as QB, it's quite different, it's quite good and quite for real. I do indeed respect this OU team now.

JMHO

Sooner13
2/6/2009, 10:18 AM
No I did not, We lost because our star WR, Marvin "snoop" Minnus was suspended for that game. Anquan Bolden was just a frosh and was easy to pick on. Miami should have been in that game, especially after Minnus' suspension.

Take a look at that game again and the stats. Your punter was the hero of that game. FSU had 280 something total yards and you guys had close to 240.

Our kicker sucked, the score was 3-0 at halftime, you guys didn't a TD until the late 4th quarter (when Weinke fumbled at the 10 yard line).

You won against a shell of the 1999 FSU team. Miami was the team that shoulda went to the NC (Bowden even admitted it). Miami proved it the next season. Miami beat FSU that same 1999 season too.

I know you don't believe this because you're all die-hard OU fans and that's understandable.

But this OU team with Sam Bradford as QB, it's quite different, it's quite good and quite for real. I do indeed respect this OU team now.

JMHO

So OU should have been playing Miami?

Oh btw, how many touchdowns did you guys score that game?

OUDoc
2/6/2009, 10:18 AM

JMHO

The difference between victory and defeat was 1 receiver?

starclassic tama
2/6/2009, 10:20 AM
hahahah well glad to know, because that is the dumbest opinion i have heard in my entire life, regardless of who you are a fan of. your team had the heisman winning quarterback, and he was pressured and flustered all game long. i thought snoop was a receiver, not an offensive lineman? sure OU's offense wasn't dynamic at the end of the year, with an INJURED JOSH HEUPEL, but OUr defense was THE BEST OU has had under stoops, and one of the best we have probably ever had. FSU was close to the offensive juggernaut that OU was this year, and were SHUT OUT. your opinions on football are completely null and void. i can't believe what i just read. news flash genius, that 2000 team OU team was quite a bit better than the 2008 version, so for you to respect us now but not then just shows that you have 0 knowledge of the game of football. 280 whole yards? that is an embarrasing effort in any football game, especially when you were averaging well over 500 a game.

to reiterate, LOL

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 03:57 PM
hahahah well glad to know, because that is the dumbest opinion i have heard in my entire life, regardless of who you are a fan of. your team had the heisman winning quarterback, and he was pressured and flustered all game long. i thought snoop was a receiver, not an offensive lineman? sure OU's offense wasn't dynamic at the end of the year, with an INJURED JOSH HEUPEL, but OUr defense was THE BEST OU has had under stoops, and one of the best we have probably ever had. FSU was close to the offensive juggernaut that OU was this year, and were SHUT OUT. your opinions on football are completely null and void. i can't believe what i just read. news flash genius, that 2000 team OU team was quite a bit better than the 2008 version, so for you to respect us now but not then just shows that you have 0 knowledge of the game of football. 280 whole yards? that is an embarrasing effort in any football game, especially when you were averaging well over 500 a game.

to reiterate, LOL

Heisman winning QB means diddly squat. Just try explain how your Heisman trophy winning QB, Jason White, could get nowhere playing LSU and then USC? OU did have a great defense in 2000, but they wouldn't have beat Miami.

Yes, FSU only had 280+ yards but that "OU run up the score in a cream puff conference" averaged that many yards also all season long and ended up with less. You must not have seen the game. Marvin Minnus led the nation in rceiving yards that year (yup, even more reception for more yards than Pitt's Antonio Bryant),

Don't know about college football? I live and love college football. The difference between me & you is that I have 3 teams I have to keep track of FSU, Florida, and Miami. Those 3 teams have won 10 National championships in the past 25 years. OU was missing in the late 1980's and all through the 1990's, Oklahoma State and Tulsa are both jokes so don't bother mentioning them.

I'm telling you the 2008 OU is better than the 2000 Sooners and the 2009 Sooners may even still be better. OU is an Offensive powerhouse wrecking machine. This guy Sam Bradford is better than you even know. He reminds me of Bernie Kosar and he could have easily made it in the NFL this year (and he will be in the NFL after next year).

starclassic tama
2/6/2009, 04:10 PM
wrong. yards mean diddly squat when you can't score. defense wins championships. which is why florida won it this year and OU in 2000. to not respect a team that completely shut down florida state and would have done the same to miami means you simply don't know much about football. sorry, thanks for playing, better luck next time.

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 04:20 PM
wrong. yards mean diddly squat when you can't score. defense wins championships. which is why florida won it this year and OU in 2000. to not respect a team that completely shut down florida state and would have done the same to miami means you simply don't know much about football. sorry, thanks for playing, better luck next time.

Yeah right. Whatever you say.

I guarantee If and when Sam Bradford & OU wins it all next year that everybody here will be on the, "This the best OU team ever" bandwagon.

Watch and see.

OUDoc
2/6/2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah right. Whatever you say.

I guarantee If and when Sam Bradford & OU wins it all next year that everybody here will be on the, "This the best OU team ever" bandwagon.

Watch and see.

Of course there will be. It's human nature. Just like people claiming one guy cost them the national championship in 2000.
But most of us won't.

starclassic tama
2/6/2009, 04:55 PM
2009 OU very well might end up a lot better than 2000 OU. but 2008 wasn't, and that was your point. your sour grapes are hilarious.

i haven't checked in awhile, anyone know if FSU has scored yet?

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 05:05 PM
Of course there will be. It's human nature. Just like people claiming one guy cost them the national championship in 2000.
But most of us won't.

Of course it's human nature to say what I'm saying. In 1999, you guys lost your Bowl game to Ole Miss, In 2000 you beat a depleted FSU missing it's star receiver, I believe the next year you beat Washington State in the Rose Bowl. Then the next years you lose to LSU, USC,Boise State, West Virginia, and now Florida.

If your 2000 team was not a fluke, then where are the other Championships? It's not that you lost to those teams above, it's the fact that with the exception of Boise State (and maybe Florida)..you guys were humiliated by the other teams (you need to learn to be humble until you can finally prove something).

Stoops is laughed at in the college sports world and Oklahoma is ridiculed like the Buffalo Bills of the NFL (they make it to the big dance but somehow always prove they had no business being there).

"Thanks for playing"? What an arrogant statement to make. Especially with your recent BCS bowl record. I know and understand this is an Oklahoma board, but you are showing no objectivity what-so-ever.

I'm claiming Marvin Minnus playing would surely have avoided a shut-out. You're still gloating about a team of 8-9 years ago that got very lucky breaks.

OU hasn't proved anything, until this year when they played Florida. Even though they lost, I saw a real team and a game that honestly could have gone either way. Even that last INT Bradford threw, the throw was on the money, the Florida defender did a great steal away (but that part wasn't Bradford's fault).

I'm truly impressed with Sam Bradford, At first, I thought Tebow got robbed of a 2nd Heisman, but after watching Bradford in that game (against a very tough SEC defense), I had to admit, the kid earned it.

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 05:16 PM
2009 OU very well might end up a lot better than 2000 OU. but 2008 wasn't, and that was your point. your sour grapes are hilarious.

i haven't checked in awhile, anyone know if FSU has scored yet?

Sour grapes? You lost to Florida and you actually have Florida's QB name changed on this site to Rev Tim Messiah????

Talk about Sportsmanship?? This one's for you-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/evilon/Spoiled%202/UFOU4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/evilon/Spoiled%202/UFgirl.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/evilon/Spoiled%202/florida1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/evilon/Dad/FSU3.jpg

Enjoy the weather!

gonefishin
2/6/2009, 05:33 PM
Objective or not, there can be no argument that OU is in the top three teams of the past decade, with Florida and USC. I have to give Florida respect for surviving a National Championship game that OU handed them by basically blowing two scoring opportunities in the first half and allowing Tebow (or as ESPN calls him "did you cum?") to pound out an effective ground attack. Imagine him playing from behind in the second half and it's a different game, unless you forget the two horrible, and I mean horrible, interceptions he threw in the first half. But we failed to capitalize and got what we deserved. The thing we, Sooner Nation, can always count on is, we'll be back soon enough for another shot.

gonefishin
2/6/2009, 05:41 PM
Is the chick with the dark roots and massive stretch marked *** supposed to be sexy? Might as well have written University of Florida Gator Football Team and Ministry across the back of that. Tell her to stop calling me, I was drunk.

Eielson
2/6/2009, 05:51 PM
The difference between victory and defeat was 1 receiver?

Well, I think if Harvin hadn't played for Florida that we would have won. I mean, um, Tebow.

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 05:58 PM
Well, I think if Harvin hadn't played for Florida that we would have won. I mean, um, The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah.

No doubt about it. Percy Harvin made the difference.

Eielson
2/6/2009, 06:01 PM
If your 2000 team was not a fluke, then where are the other Championships? It's not that you lost to those teams above, it's the fact that with the exception of Boise State (and maybe Florida)..you guys were humiliated by the other teams (you need to learn to be humble until you can finally prove something).

Along with LSU...and Washington State...and Oregon...

Twice in nine years? Florida State gets embarrassed more than that every season now. Is it six conference championships? That proves something.

Stoops is laughed at in the college sports world and Oklahoma is ridiculed like the Buffalo Bills of the NFL (they make it to the big dance but somehow always prove they had no business being there).

Laughing at Stoops? AHAHAHAHA YOU WIN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS EVERY YEAR, GOT 6 MILLION DOLLARS THIS YEAR, AND HAVE WON OVER 100 GAMES!!! Is that how it is?

Eielson
2/6/2009, 06:17 PM
My question is did OU fans hate us before we played or just since?

For me, just since. Going in I had a lot of respect for Florida. I felt they had one of the best coaches and some really talented players. As a Sooner fan, I've seen quite a few losses in bowl games over the years, but I have never seen such a classless group of players. I don't even have a clue why anybody on the offense is talking. Harvin, and probably the offensive line, were the only ones that did anything. Those seem to be the only ones not talking. Tebow really sucked against our "joke" of a defense.

Oh, and it didn't help how ESPN seemed to make this into a blowout and how the announcers wouldn't shut up about how great of a person Tebow was. "That is probably the first mistake he has made in his life." "He was backing away though, so that's good." Seriously...

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 06:21 PM
It's not me laughing at Stoops, I think he's a great coach. It's the sports writers who call him, "the new Lloyd Carr" and "BCS loser".

My whole point was that I do respect this 2008 Sooner team and that game against Florida could have gone either way. Not since the Barry Switzer glory days have I ever feared, or respected an OU team, but this team with Sam Bradford is a true winner. I still predict 2009 will be a great year for you.

Florida won't be back, not with losing Harvin. Miami will be back, maybe, in the next few years (not this year). FSU has got problems, Bowden is gradually losing control (which by the way was Barry Switzer's demise).

BoulderSooner79
2/6/2009, 07:03 PM
Well, I think if Harvin hadn't played for Florida that we would have won. I mean, um, The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah.

No doubt about it. Percy Harvin made the difference.

I think if either Harvin hadn't played or DeMarco Murry *had* played, it's a different game. I'm not saying OU wins, but it would tilt the balance that way - or at least made the game very even. Murray was the key to making the no-huddle so dangerous when the defense cannot substitute because of his versatility. Brown had a good game, but is not nearly the threat to catch the ball. Madu was supposed to fill in, but was pretty much invisible.

Yes, injuries are part of the game, but they still suck. So many potentially classic games are diminished by star players being hurt.

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 07:18 PM
I think if either Harvin hadn't played or DeMarco Murry *had* played, it's a different game. I'm not saying OU wins, but it would tilt the balance that way - or at least made the game very even. Murray was the key to making the no-huddle so dangerous when the defense cannot substitute because of his versatility. Brown had a good game, but is not nearly the threat to catch the ball. Madu was supposed to fill in, but was pretty much invisible.

Yes, injuries are part of the game, but they still suck. So many potentially classic games are diminished by star players being hurt.

Sort of proves my theory, my point can never be proven though. One exceptional player can indeed make the difference. Look at Tebow against Michigan last season in that bowl game...they lost.

Tim Tebow is good, but he's definitely a different kind of QB than Sam Bradford is.
Florida was practicing before the game at our University where I work (Florida Atlantic University, where we were keeping people away from there).

When I saw them practice I was quite impressed, but I had remembered OU vs. Texas Tech and Oklahoma State. Harvin was not 100% and there was no way I would have bet against either Florida or Oklahoma. After watching the game, I felt it really could have gone either way.

I never understood why Stoops tried those goal line stances, instead of taking the easy 3 point FG's. At halftime I told myself that the Sooners should have been leading. As silly as it stands, I think Stoops may have made some bad decisions that would have made a difference regarding momentum. But, others had justified that Stoops lived by that high powered offense, so he would lose by it.

The Remnant
2/6/2009, 08:01 PM
I think that if DM hadn't been injured, then the Sooners would have the game. The Gators beat a "depleted" Sooner football team.

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 08:08 PM
I think that if DM hadn't been injured, then the Sooners would have the game. The Gators beat a "depleted" Sooner football team.

It's possible. The game was closer than the final score.

By me saying, "depleted" is meaning the team was even better the year prior.

In this case, OU was certainly not, "depleted" because they were a way better team than last year.

The Remnant
2/6/2009, 08:09 PM
P.S. I also heard it through the grapevine that Sooner Land is so embarrassed by their head football coach, Bob Stoops, that he is about to be fired. They simply cannot handle all of these Big 12 Championships, and NCG appearances.

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 08:16 PM
Big 12 Championships? Better check the Big 12's Bowl record, it's even a bigger joke. Let Stoops coach a team in the SEC for a few years (he'd be fired by his 3rd or 4th year).

I think Stoops made bad decisions in the Florida game. You do too (only you won't admit it).

Oklahoma and sometimes Texas are the only real teams.

Just like OU and Nebraska were the only real teams in the former Big 8

The Remnant
2/6/2009, 08:20 PM
One team can also become "depleted" throughout the season through injuries. Losing Reynolds on defense and Murray on offense were not insignificant losses. With that said, OU played well enough to win. I am very proud of Bob Stoops,the rest of the coaching staff and the 2008 Oklahoma Sooners. BOOMER SOONER!

The Remnant
2/6/2009, 08:25 PM
Hey SpoiledBySig, check this out. The 1971 final AP Poll.
1. Nebraska
2. OU
3. Colorado

All 3 from the so-called weak Big 8.

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 08:25 PM
One team can also become "depleted" throughout the season through injuries. Losing Reynolds on defense and Murray on offense were not insignificant losses. With that said, OU played well enough to win. I am very proud of Bob Stoops,the rest of the coaching staff and the 2008 Oklahoma Sooners. BOOMER SOONER!

And I've been telling everybody that I agree with you. That 2008 Oklahoma team was very impressive. They did indeed play well enough to win.

There's no way in heck Texas is going to beat OU next year (I'm predicting OU steam rolls them Texas Tech/Oklahoma State style).

One thing nobody can argue, Oklahoma may have had a bad game with Texas, but there's no doubt they were the best team in the Big 12.

(sorry Texas fans, nothing personal)

The Remnant
2/6/2009, 08:27 PM
P.S. That was the year OU beat Auburn 40-22, and Nebraska reamed out Alabama in bowl games.

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 08:31 PM
Hey SpoiledBySig, check this out. The 1971 final AP Poll.
1. Nebraska
2. OU
3. Colorado

All 3 from the so-called weak Big 8.

Every conference had a good year, or two. 1971 & 1972, both Nebraska and OU were bad-*** teams (I think Chuck Fairbanks was OU's coach at that time).

Now, try to narrow that down to a State that has dominated college football since 1983 (if you're guessing the State of Florida, with Miami, Florida, and FSU, it's the only correct answer).

Just like you're proud of Stoops (rightfully so). I'm proud of Florida's college football programs. Proves we have the best players. Better than Texas, better than California.

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 08:33 PM
P.S. That was the year OU beat Auburn 40-22, and Nebraska reamed out Alabama in bowl games.

I remember Nebraska with Johnny Rogers beating Alabama & Johnny Musso that year.

(but, according to certain one's here I don't know college football) ;)

Eielson
2/6/2009, 08:35 PM
Let Stoops coach a team in the SEC for a few years (he'd be fired by his 3rd or 4th year).

If you believe the SEC is dumb enough to fire their best coach. I personally give them more credit than that.

I am no longer going to acknowledge your endless babbling.

SpoiledBySig
2/6/2009, 08:37 PM
If you believe the SEC is dumb enough to fire their best coach. I personally give them more credit than that.

I am no longer going to acknowledge your endless babbling.

Oh C'mon...you dig the competition and you know it! ;)

The best coach OU ever had was Bud Wilkenson (according to my late Okie Dad).

2nd best and very close was Barry Switzer.

starclassic tama
2/8/2009, 01:30 AM
sure we have sour grapes regarding florida... i feel that overall we were the better team if we convert on the goal line... the difference is our sour grapes are barely a month old, and yours have followed you 8 years to the point you are still whining on an OU message board

The Remnant
2/8/2009, 11:32 AM
Florida=Johnny-come-lately

TheGodfather889
2/9/2009, 12:04 AM

JMHO
You're wrong in many areas. First of all Florida State lost because of the most obvious reason, they couldn't get into the endzone. I don't want to hear the excuses for Marvin Minnis' suspension. Florida State still had Chris Weinke the Heisman Trophy Winning quarterback, they still had even though they were young they had Anquan Boldin who was a sophomore, Javon Walker who was a JUCO transfer and interestingly they turned out to be better players than Minnis in the long run. Atrews Bell wasn't a bad wideout either and he was actually FSU's leading receiver in that game with like 7 catches for 113 yards I think. It was true that FSU had no kicking game as usual other than when Sebastian Janikowski was there but OU's defense locked down FSU's offense and forced more turnovers out of them. Also you're also wrong about Miami belonging there. Even though they beat FSU, do you remember who beat Miami that year? It was Washington. Washington not only beat Miami, won the Rose Bowl and finished 11-1 that year but they beat Oregon State who also finished 11-1 in that season. If anyone other than FSU should have been there it should have been Washington. The 2000 season was probably the season where the BCS had the worst mess.

TheGodfather889
2/9/2009, 12:27 AM
Of course it's human nature to say what I'm saying. In 1999, you guys lost your Bowl game to Ole Miss, In 2000 you beat a depleted FSU missing it's star receiver, I believe the next year you beat Washington State in the Rose Bowl. Then the next years you lose to LSU, USC,Boise State, West Virginia, and now Florida.

If you're such a big FSU fan than why do you also root for Miami and Florida? Could it be that FSU has also had more failed chances many more times than OU in the last two decades? FSU could have as many as Miami does if they didn't fail so many times in the Orange Bowl so many times. I remember growing up watching FSU fail many times when they were competing for a National Championship. Your amnesia is probably caused by Bobby Bowden losing four times to Oklahoma. 0-3 to Barry Switzer and 0-1 to Bob Stoops and losing 3 of those in Orange Bowls. Is that why you're a bandwagon Miami and Florida fan is to feel good about someone elses titles and the fact that FSU lost to both of those schools that year? Oklahoma is the greatest program in the history of college football. There has been no program so consistently good since World War II. Oklahoma was winning back when Bennie Owen was coaching and Florida State University was merely a womens only college. Take a bite out of reality and realize the fact that Oklahoma has 7 National Titles and Florida State has 2. Oklahoma has won a National Title,BCS game, and Conference Title more recently than FSU. Respect real tradition.

starclassic tama
2/11/2009, 07:38 PM
so you think stoops is a great coach, but he would be fired by his 3rd year if he coached in the SEC? does it physically hurt to be that stupid?