PDA

View Full Version : Thin at WR for 2009

Boomer38Sooner
1/20/2009, 07:47 PM
Looks like now that we have lost Eric Ward and Darius Jones, our situation at wide receiver has gotten a lot worse. Next year we will have Brandon Caleb, Adron Tennell, Ryan Broyles, Dejuan Miller, Jamelle Owens, and Corey Wilson. Hopefully this situation can help with the recruiting of Rueben Randel.

Should I be as worried about this as I am?!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/20/2009, 07:56 PM
Im thinking if we can get some more high quality linemen here by nat signing day, that would be what we could use most.

snp
1/20/2009, 09:50 PM
Im thinking if we can get some more high quality linemen here by nat signing day, that would be what we could use most.

We need receivers way more than lineman right now.

madillsoonerfan5353
1/20/2009, 10:43 PM
What happened to Ward? That's the only thing that I worry about when we lose big games!

Desert Sapper
1/20/2009, 10:49 PM
Ward jumped to Tech right after Crabtree left for the NFL.

We are running a full court press on receivers right now to try to pull some in. I think we pull in two. Hopefully two that are ready to contribute on day 1.

TXBOOMER
1/20/2009, 11:37 PM
We are gonna need to steal a WR or two without a doubt. I hope we can pull in the JC dude Cameron Kenney. He very well may be a starter if he gets in here. If he has any sense, he will pick us over UGA because of Bradford. Either way, I think we will be okay, it would be nice to get someone with his experience though.

badger
1/21/2009, 06:50 AM
Attn: Potential OU wide receivers

SAM BRADFORD IS RETURNING.

Love,
Sooner Nation

PS: Yes, that does mean that you will catch a lot of balls in front of a national television audience and thus get a lot of exposure to NFL scouts and national award winners, yourself... not to mention the whole "winning" aspect.

soonerfan28
1/21/2009, 10:16 AM
I think we get Kenney and I see Madu moving to the slot in the spring and not just so Calhoun can get a few snaps, but in an effort to get our best athletes on the field.

8timechamps
1/21/2009, 11:11 AM
I'm not too worried about the WRs for next year. If we had lost Gresham to the NFL, I'd be worried. He demands so much of the oppositions defensive focus. That and Broyles returning helps me sleep a little better at night.

Someone in the '09 WR group is going to stand-out, it's just a matter of waiting to see who it is.

ouleaf
1/21/2009, 12:01 PM
As long as one of the guys can develop into a solid possession receiver for Sam like Iglesias was we'll be fine for next year I think.

Boomer38Sooner
1/21/2009, 06:12 PM
As long as one of the guys can develop into a solid possession receiver for Sam like Iglesias was we'll be fine for next year I think.

I would love to see that be Jamelle Owens or Dejuan Miller (or both!! haha) so that they can bring some stability and experience to the table to help out our quarterback after Sam leaves.