PDA

View Full Version : Tebow show boating and florida bragging..

boomermagic
1/20/2009, 02:06 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/01/17/florida.tebow.ap/index.html

Tebow rips off sling during Gators hoops game, tells fans he's OK Story Highlights
Tim Tebow ripped off his sling at the Arkansas-Florida basketball game
Tebow had surgery Monday to remove a bone spur in his right arm

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Florida quarterback Tim Tebow walked onto the basketball court Saturday with his right arm in a sling.

When he walked off, the sling was dangling from his left hand.

Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, ripped off his sling at the end of a brief speech at halftime of the Arkansas-Florida basketball game in an effort to assure Gators fans he would be fine following surgery on his non-throwing shoulder.

"Don't worry about this. I'll be fine," Tebow said as he pulled off the sling.

Tebow had surgery Monday, one day after he announced he was staying at Florida for his senior season, and was expected to be ready for spring practice in April. He had a bone spur removed in hopes of reducing chronic inflammation.

Tebow's appearance Saturday came as the Gators were honored again for winning their second national championship in three years.

Several players, defensive coordinator Charlie Strong and coach Urban Meyer received standing ovations as they walked to midcourt.

Strong took a mild shot at anyone who thought Oklahoma was going to continue its streak of scoring at least 60 points against his defense.

"Anyone who thought Oklahoma was going to score 60 on us, it's a shame," Strong said, adding that he has everyone on his two-deep depth chart returning. "If someone scores a touchdown, don't get too excited. We're going to find a way to win."

Then he added, "When you have Tim Tebow, you always have a chance."

Cornerback Joe Haden thanked Tebow and linebacker Brandon Spikes for staying in school, then said, "We're going to win it again next year."

The loudest ovation -- not surprisingly -- was for Tebow.

He earned the offensive MVP award in the Bowl Championship Series title game. Tebow was 18-of-30 passing for 231 yards, with two touchdowns and two interceptions in the 24-14 victory. He also ran for 109 yards, most of it in the second half.

"I think we proved who should have won the Heisman this year," receiver David Nelson said.

OUDoc
1/20/2009, 02:13 PM
He's got nowhere to go but down. It's a shame people are doing that to the kid.

boomermagic
1/20/2009, 02:19 PM
He's got nowhere to go but down. It's a shame people are doing that to the kid.

He is a very good player but it has gone to his head and the people like those announcers at the Championship game are to blame.. His coach needs to step in and slow this down or he will become a joke..

NOVSooner
1/20/2009, 02:29 PM
Pride cometh before the fall

Jason White's Third Knee
1/20/2009, 02:34 PM
Why didn't they put in the part where he healed his arm?

And why is Charlie Strong such a dickhead? No one said that OU would score 60 on them.

NawlensGator
1/20/2009, 04:01 PM
Good read. Now you know why Timmy got the most 1st place heisman votes.

I agree he'll have a tough act to follow next year. Playing at LSU in '09 will be a very similar scenario as '97. I wouldn't count him out just yet though.

After the big 10 and 12,
don't you think it would be sweet,
to put that whoopazz on the pac 10's elite.

You guys are dead on about the media build up. The distance back to earth is getting longer and longer.

boomermagic
1/20/2009, 04:07 PM

I agree he'll have a tough act to follow next year. Playing at LSU in '09 will be a very similar scenario as '97. I wouldn't count him out just yet though.

After the big 10 and 12,

No, Sorry but I saw absolutely nothing to make me think he was anywhere near the qb Sam Bradford is...He is NOT..

IBleedCrimson
1/20/2009, 04:19 PM
he better soak this up while it's there. He's got at most one more year of ESPN scrotum gargling him, then it's over. The NFL will not be so kind

sooner518
1/20/2009, 06:31 PM

By acting like a ********* all the time?

Hot Rod
1/20/2009, 07:28 PM
"I think we proved who should have won the Heisman this year," receiver David Nelson said.

Judging by one game and fist pumping? Well, ok then.

tommieharris91
1/20/2009, 07:31 PM
After the big 10 and 12,

Kinda like what Florida did to Michigan a couple of years ago?

catsigater
1/20/2009, 07:41 PM
Save this in you calendar for next year.

Tebow will be drafted higher than Bradford.

Big John
1/20/2009, 08:12 PM

The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah will be drafted higher than Bradford.

Tim Tebow will lose a game, then cry and say that he will never let it happen again. Then he will be featured on ESPN many times after will a clip of the crying. Mark that shizz down in your calender.

jdsooner
1/20/2009, 08:47 PM
Put some mustard on that HOT DOG!

richsooner
1/20/2009, 09:11 PM
They walked the walk, so they get to talk the talk. We did not, we don't get to. Barry always said, if you do it, it ain't bragging...........

QUOTE=boomermagic;2566740]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/01/17/florida.The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah.ap/index.html

The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah rips off sling during Gators hoops game, tells fans he's OK Story Highlights
The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah ripped off his sling at the Arkansas-Florida basketball game
The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah had surgery Monday to remove a bone spur in his right arm

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Florida quarterback The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah walked onto the basketball court Saturday with his right arm in a sling.

When he walked off, the sling was dangling from his left hand.

The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, ripped off his sling at the end of a brief speech at halftime of the Arkansas-Florida basketball game in an effort to assure Gators fans he would be fine following surgery on his non-throwing shoulder.

"Don't worry about this. I'll be fine," The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah said as he pulled off the sling.

The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah had surgery Monday, one day after he announced he was staying at Florida for his senior season, and was expected to be ready for spring practice in April. He had a bone spur removed in hopes of reducing chronic inflammation.

The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah's appearance Saturday came as the Gators were honored again for winning their second national championship in three years.

Several players, defensive coordinator Charlie Strong and coach Urban Meyer received standing ovations as they walked to midcourt.

Strong took a mild shot at anyone who thought Oklahoma was going to continue its streak of scoring at least 60 points against his defense.

"Anyone who thought Oklahoma was going to score 60 on us, it's a shame," Strong said, adding that he has everyone on his two-deep depth chart returning. "If someone scores a touchdown, don't get too excited. We're going to find a way to win."

Then he added, "When you have The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah, you always have a chance."

Cornerback Joe Haden thanked The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah and linebacker Brandon Spikes for staying in school, then said, "We're going to win it again next year."

The loudest ovation -- not surprisingly -- was for The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah.

He earned the offensive MVP award in the Bowl Championship Series title game. The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah was 18-of-30 passing for 231 yards, with two touchdowns and two interceptions in the 24-14 victory. He also ran for 109 yards, most of it in the second half.

"I think we proved who should have won the Heisman this year," receiver David Nelson said.[/QUOTE]

bonkuba
1/20/2009, 10:05 PM
I'll say this just as I said in other threads. This kid is using up good Sooner air and it should cease. I really did start trying to like this kid at the game......but he showed his true punk colors.

He is nothing more than a complete fool that has no class at all........

One of our players shoes have more "man" in them than this idiot.

**** him and all like him......

That is all................

Also, before any Gaytards reply back to me....dont waste your time and **** you for the effort. Go back to Mommies house or back to you dorm room with all your little buddies and play How GREAT I AM.:D :D

catsigater
1/20/2009, 10:30 PM
I'll say this just as I said in other threads. This kid is using up good Sooner air and it should cease. I really did start trying to like this kid at the game......but he showed his true punk colors.

He is nothing more than a complete fool that has no class at all........

One of our players shoes have more "man" in them than this idiot.

**** him and all like him......

That is all................

Also, before any Gaytards reply back to me....dont waste your time and **** you for the effort. Go back to Mommies house or back to you dorm room with all your little buddies and play How GREAT I AM.:D :D

U R Funny

OUDoc
1/20/2009, 10:33 PM

You can't be serious.

catsigater
1/20/2009, 10:51 PM
You can't be serious.

We'll see in about 15 months. :D

sooner518
1/20/2009, 11:05 PM
How is Tebow's stock going to improve?! He's not going to all of a sudden sprout an NFL caliber 1st round arm in the next 12 months. If he had that kind of arm in him, NFL scouts would have picked up on it by now. so no one thinks he can play QB in the NFL, so they think he will be a FB or a TE right? Great. No NFL team is going to spend a 1st or 2nd round draft pick on a guy who they project for FB or TE but has never actually played either of those positions.

The only way Tebow gets drafted ahead of Sam is if Sam gets a really bad injury or something.

007sooner
1/20/2009, 11:17 PM
Why didn't they put in the part where he healed his arm?

And why is Charlie Strong such a dickhead? No one said that OU would score 60 on them.

I think I said I wanted us to put up 60+. that would've been sweet.

tt will get a real shocker when/if he's actually drafted and finds out that nfl teams dont structure everything around the weird style of one qb...

catsigater
1/20/2009, 11:17 PM
How is The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah's stock going to improve?! ...

All will be revealed in due time.

Desert Sapper
1/20/2009, 11:36 PM
Sam Bradford = Peyton Manning
Tebow = Larry Csonka with a decent arm

TheGodfather889
1/20/2009, 11:49 PM

So you're saying Sam Bradford will return for his senior year already?

catsigater
1/21/2009, 12:00 AM
The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah = Larry Csonka with a decent arm

I think Sam is an excellent college quarterback with good pro prospects. I've always been impressed by his calm demeanor and his accuracy. But he isn't Peyton Manning. As far as predicting his future success, he could be Matt Leinart or he could be Carson Palmer.

I'm deliberately playing the UF homer role in my comments about #15, but as recent events have shown - anyone who calls him nothing but a glorified fullback is underestimating him at their peril.

catsigater
1/21/2009, 12:02 AM
So you're saying Sam Bradford will return for his senior year already?

+1. That wasn't what I meant, but if it happened, I could claim prescience. ;)

SoonersEnFuego
1/21/2009, 09:06 AM
Umm, don't forget...Timmy won't have Percy next year. Things won't be so rosy for Florida.

Put this on your calendar, catsigater.

OUDoc
1/21/2009, 09:07 AM
as recent events have shown - anyone who calls him nothing but a glorified fullback is underestimating him at their peril.

Damn I wish we hadn't blown those red zone opportunities so we wouldn't have to listen to this anymore. :mad:

Has Michelangelo finish his statue yet?

SoonersEnFuego
1/21/2009, 09:07 AM
Sam is more like Tom Brady than Peyton.

bonkuba
1/21/2009, 10:36 AM
U R Funny

I AM RIGHT :rolleyes:

JGATOR
1/21/2009, 11:18 AM

I'll correct this part but not the other. I correct the other part and all people here just think it is because I am a Gator fan.:rolleyes:

As far as college goes Sam is more accomplished than any Manning. Sam has played in a National Championship game and has won a conference championship. Neither Manning has done either of those things.

UberSooner
1/21/2009, 12:17 PM
What's the time limit on givin a ****e about the Right Rev? I'm already worried about BYU. My guess is we don't have to worry about playin the mastergator again. They will likely be back in NC game next year, we likely won't. I'd settle for kickin the ****e out of Saxet.

picasso
1/21/2009, 01:28 PM
well he did beat us and with that Slinglbade jump pass.

starclassic tama
1/22/2009, 02:07 AM
percy harvin won that game, not tebow. anyone who watched the game and still thought that tebow should have won the heisman is an idiot. bradford is twice the passer. florida had the better team this year, and they won. but QB is only 1 position, and we definitely have the edge there.

starclassic tama
1/22/2009, 02:10 AM
you can definitely tell that florida is new to this whole winning thing

starclassic tama
1/22/2009, 10:38 AM
quarterbacks who scored more points on the OU defense this year than tebow: dustin grutza, colt mccoy, todd reesing, josh freeman, joe ganz, stephen mcgee, zac robinson.

florida had a better defense than OU by a narrow margin and that was the difference, along with percy harvin's gamebreaking runs

OklahomaRed
1/22/2009, 02:33 PM
All will be revealed in due time.

What? He's going to put on another 40 pounds and play guard in the NFL? :D

1/22/2009, 03:02 PM
Tim is the chosen one. He is just the best football player in college. He is getting the same hype VY would have gotten if he stayed his Sr. year. Tebow excelled as a soph and VY as Sr. They were both great college players and OU helped solidify their status as a couple of the best ever in college.

Tebow is built to handle they hype. None of you have to worry about him struggling with the hype. He has been dealing with from a young age. He can more than handle the pressure of the Trophy, can your guy, he is an introvert who does not like attention/ Tebow is the throwback player America loves, not today's pocket passer who can't be touched in order to be a success. He is what this country has been waiting For a new breed. The Chosen One!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRxvjibSguQ

starclassic tama
1/22/2009, 04:57 PM

AimForCenterMass
1/22/2009, 05:47 PM

Of course, without defining "higher" first, this ambiguous prophecy is bound to materialize. If Bradford goes as a top five draft while Tebow gets picked in the low 20's, you can revert to the numerical interpretation of "higher": 20+ is measurably higher than five and below. I know your kind. ;)

I don't understand why anyone would feel the need to defame Tim Tebow. While I don't believe Tebow will shake up rosters in the NFL, he is an outstanding college quarterback with a winning attitude and record to back up his sentiment. I typically reserve judgment only for things which I can objectively critique. In the case of Tebow, I can only appraise him with regards to his abilities as a college quarterback, a domain in which he excels. How anyone else can judge him personally without personally knowing him is beyond me. Lastly, I find it ironic that some people allocate so much time arguing that Tebow receives too much consideration.

Tim Tebow plays football for a school that just happened to defeat Oklahoma in a football game. That's about where the relevance ends for Oklahoma and its fans. Considering that, I don't understand why so much time is wasted discussing things not pertinent to the game, with the intent of disgracing another individual.

Florida won and football is just a game; get over it.

Boomer Sooner

redhawk49
1/22/2009, 06:00 PM

Boomer Sooner
Football-just a game??? And you are a SOONER fan???:confused: :confused:

AimForCenterMass
1/22/2009, 06:10 PM

Boomer Sooner
Football-just a game??? And you are a SOONER fan???:confused: :confused:

Yes, I am a Sooners fan, but what does it have to do with football and its capacity in my life?

AimForCenterMass
1/22/2009, 06:12 PM
Deleted. I apologize about the repost.

Soonersince57
1/23/2009, 10:46 AM
Tim is the chosen one. He is just the best football player in college. He is getting the same hype VY would have gotten if he stayed his Sr. year. The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah excelled as a soph and VY as Sr. They were both great college players and OU helped solidify their status as a couple of the best ever in college.

The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah is built to handle they hype. None of you have to worry about him struggling with the hype. He has been dealing with from a young age. He can more than handle the pressure of the Trophy, can your guy, he is an introvert who does not like attention/ The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah is the throwback player America loves, not today's pocket passer who can't be touched in order to be a success. He is what this country has been waiting For a new breed. The Chosen One!

oh my

boomermagic
1/23/2009, 02:51 PM
Tim is the chosen one. He is just the best football player in college. He is getting the same hype VY would have gotten if he stayed his Sr. year. The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah excelled as a soph and VY as Sr. They were both great college players and OU helped solidify their status as a couple of the best ever in college.

The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah is built to handle they hype. None of you have to worry about him struggling with the hype. He has been dealing with from a young age. He can more than handle the pressure of the Trophy, can your guy, he is an introvert who does not like attention/ The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah is the throwback player America loves, not today's pocket passer who can't be touched in order to be a success. He is what this country has been waiting For a new breed. The Chosen One!

You are saying tebow does not like attention ? Come on man get real.. My freakin goodness... He looks for attention he tries to get attention every way possible.. I can't believe anyone would say that. Shhhheeeeeessssshhhh !

1/23/2009, 06:09 PM
You are saying The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah does not like attention ? Come on man get real.. My freakin goodness... He looks for attention he tries to get attention every way possible.. I can't believe anyone would say that. Shhhheeeeeessssshhhh !

The Right Reverend does not seek attention it follows him...attention seeks him out and finds him. Attention does not have to look far to find him, he is in several big regular season games a year; a big SEC Championship game; and on the winning end of National title games. He is usually the guy behind the center taking snaps for the best offense in football. He is the guy all the other media guys are crowding after games, asking him question after question.

I know it must feel like he is a media black hole, sucking all the media out of the football universe, especially during the year OU had one its best teams ever and best QBs ever who won a Heisman, and both were overshadowed by The Reverend and his fellow Gator disciples. It does not seem quite fair that your guy has kind of been marginalized. Some times you just run into a phenom that can't be explained, who has qualities that draw people in by the millions....like Barak Obama! Hey Hillary and McCain were heavyweights on top of their games, raised record amounts of cash, but came along when a phenom the likes of which have never been seen before....aka G: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-GKE9_BvEk

Scott D
1/23/2009, 06:36 PM
The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah = Matt Jones without the love of coke.

;)

1/23/2009, 07:08 PM
You are saying The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah does not like attention ? Come on man get real.. My freakin goodness... He looks for attention he tries to get attention every way possible.. I can't believe anyone would say that. Shhhheeeeeessssshhhh !

;)

Bradford=Petyon, I don't think you could be more right...Peyton, great pro, but brides maid in the NCAA. Yup Petyon=Bradford. The Rev=G: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-GKE9_BvEk

L-Boy
1/23/2009, 08:26 PM
The Right Reverend does not seek attention it follows him...attention seeks him out and finds him. Attention does not have to look far to find him, he is in several big regular season games a year; a big SEC Championship game; and on the winning end of National title games. He is usually the guy behind the center taking snaps for the best offense in football. He is the guy all the other media guys are crowding after games, asking him question after question.

I know it must feel like he is a media black hole, sucking all the media out of the football universe, especially during the year OU had one its best teams ever and best QBs ever who won a Heisman, and both were overshadowed by The Reverend and his fellow Gator disciples. It does not seem quite fair that your guy has kind of been marginalized. Some times you just run into a phenom that can't be explained, who has qualities that draw people in by the millions....like Barak Obama! Hey Hillary and McCain were heavyweights on top of their games, raised record amounts of cash, but came along when a phenom the likes of which have never been seen before....aka G: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-GKE9_BvEk

People tend to gravitate towards people that are unique. The Tim Te bow is by no means your typical QB - he runs over linebackers, gets in the face of opponents, is a warrior on the field. Off the field, he is involved in activities many people outside of the state of OK respect. Plus, I think he does revel in the attention, it seeks him out, but he doesn't turn it away. He is not really a modest guy. However, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Contrast Andre Agassi to better tennis players like Pete Sampris or Roger Federer. The latter two were phenomenal tennis players, but most people seemed more interested in Agassi, because of the entertainment factor. However, I don't hold that against Agassi.

The Remnant
1/23/2009, 10:55 PM
None of us should be surprised about the "cult of personality". Stalin had his worshipers. Mao had his diehards. Che, Fidel, Barack, the list goes on. Gatorsidney follows the same pattern. Stalin called them "useful idiots".

1/24/2009, 01:23 PM
None of us should be surprised about the "cult of personality". Stalin had his worshipers. Mao had his diehards. Che, Fidel, Barack, the list goes on. Gatorsidney follows the same pattern. Stalin called them "useful idiots".

Ghandi, Mendela, Mother Teresa, JFK, Obama, Tiger Woods, Tebow have "cult of personality. Jordon had his worshipers. The list goes on. I follow the same pattern exalting Tebow. I call them people "committed to excellence." :)

The Remnant
1/24/2009, 01:36 PM
Mendela? I think you mean Mandela. Or could it be Mengele, The Nazi doctor who experimented on Jews? Your statement about "them people" proves my point better than I could have ever made. My commentary was more about the individuals who fawn and slobber over their heroes, rather than the heroes themselves.

1/24/2009, 03:03 PM
Mendela? I think you mean Mandela. Or could it be Mengele, The Nazi doctor who experimented on Jews? Your statement about "them people" proves my point better than I could have ever made. My commentary was more about the individuals who fawn and slobber over their heroes, rather than the heroes themselves.

What?

Soonersince57
1/24/2009, 08:05 PM

Good God, man, will you please go pleasure yourself in private?

boomermagic
1/26/2009, 11:49 AM

OH MY GOD !!!!!!! I Can't stop laughing now !!!

BAHAHAHAHAHA ! BAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!! I hope you don't really believe that bull**** ? BAHAHAHAHA !!!

1/29/2009, 01:32 PM
OH MY GOD !!!!!!! I Can't stop laughing now !!!

BAHAHAHAHAHA ! BAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!! I hope you don't really believe that bull**** ? BAHAHAHAHA !!!

What part of what I said is not true Sooner fan. Anyway there are objective people out there who put things perhaps in better perspective than either you or I can, since we are interested parties: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBxWgZszTU&feature=related

catsigater
4/23/2010, 01:54 PM

Tebow will be drafted higher than Bradford.

So I came here and gloated when my prediction that Percy would win Rookie of the year happened.

Now I'll eat my crow for the above statement, made before the Sooners and Gators played.

Sam's a helluva QB, and deserves to be #1. Just hope the Rams will protect him.

Mad Dog Madsen
4/23/2010, 02:31 PM
Wow, I think even Florida fans knew Bradford would be picked higher...

Crucifax Autumn
4/23/2010, 02:50 PM
We all knew all along. Real quarterbacks throw spirals.