PDA

View Full Version : If you could schedule games....

HoustonsOwn
1/20/2009, 11:07 AM

this thread may have already been done countless times on here, but hey, i'm just a mere occasional lurker.....with that said, much respect for the threads/posts over the past few years....it's clear to see that OU fans are in fact the greatest :D

but ANYWAY

if you could make our non-conference schedule, what are some games that you'd like to see us play?

i was having this discussion last night with my friend (Miami fan) b/c of our upcoming game with them this next season....i told him i'd give anything to get a home and away with friggin Boise

in fact, i'd love to schedule games with lsu, west virginia, usc (see a pattern?) every other year like we've done with miami

sure, those last 3 would be tough games, but that's what i kinda expected out of scheduling miami, too....plus, having a loss in one of those type of games isn't season-ending by any means

but in the end, a home and away with those blue-field phags from idaho would be GREATNESS in my opinion....only question is, would they do it?

prolly not....

so what are some games you'd like to see us play? classic/bowl-revisiting game versus penn state? go beat up on notre dame for a while?

birddog
1/20/2009, 11:16 AM
Neuter Dame

@Hawaii

Arkansas

tOSU

OKLA21FAN
1/20/2009, 11:19 AM
home and home with Bamer every 4 to 6 years :pop:

thread ovar!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/20/2009, 11:35 AM
Alabama, Arizona State, Hawaii and Notre Dame.

HoustonsOwn
1/20/2009, 11:58 AM
i like the Hawaii idea....i wouldn't mind gettin lei'd and watchin us beat up on the rainbows...err, 'warriors'

and the whole thread may have indeed been trumped with the Alabama suggestions....that would be awesome....i'm a big fan of their fans, so that'd be a great experience/game-day environment

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/20/2009, 12:14 PM
I say put Neb. on it every year they are not on it for the Conf. schd as a non Conf game...I know it can't happen, but can't we dream???

Clemson...I live in SC so this would be a great chance for me to catch an OU game without a 16 hour drive

Notre Shame

SoonersEnFuego
1/20/2009, 12:20 PM
Notre Dame
Michigan
Ohio State
Penn State
Colorado State

Bruiser53
1/20/2009, 12:33 PM
Related to scheduling, has anyone heard the status of our game at Miami. They scheduled it on the same day as a Marlins game, and there was word that it might be on Thursday or not happening at all.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/20/2009, 01:30 PM
Related to scheduling, has anyone heard the status of our game at Miami. They scheduled it on the same day as a Marlins game, and there was word that it might be on Thursday or not happening at all.

A Thursday night game on ESPN would be pretty sweet. A night game would be a lot better than a day game in the humidity.

Salt City Sooner
1/20/2009, 01:35 PM

this thread may have already been done countless times on here, but hey, i'm just a mere occasional lurker.....with that said, much respect for the threads/posts over the past few years....it's clear to see that OU fans are in fact the greatest :D

but ANYWAY

if you could make our non-conference schedule, what are some games that you'd like to see us play?

i was having this discussion last night with my friend (Miami fan) b/c of our upcoming game with them this next season....i told him i'd give anything to get a home and away with friggin Boise

in fact, i'd love to schedule games with lsu, west virginia, usc (see a pattern?) every other year like we've done with miami

sure, those last 3 would be tough games, but that's what i kinda expected out of scheduling miami, too....plus, having a loss in one of those type of games isn't season-ending by any means

but in the end, a home and away with those blue-field phags from idaho would be GREATNESS in my opinion....only question is, would they do it?

prolly not....

so what are some games you'd like to see us play? classic/bowl-revisiting game versus penn state? go beat up on notre dame for a while?
LSU is on the slate, if you can hang on for a while (2018 & 19). As for BSU, Joe C. offered them a 2 for 1 about a month or so after our game with them & got turned down.

Oh, & for those mentioning ND, we get a shot at the Irish in '12 & '13.

IBleedCrimson
1/20/2009, 01:45 PM
nebbish
domers
bammer

fadada1
1/20/2009, 01:47 PM
PSU
michigan
ohio state
Va Tech - might be fun for some reason
nd - would be nice to see that as a yearly thing (as much as i hate them)

soonermix
1/20/2009, 03:32 PM
all big 12 teams vs all sec teams during a single weekend

yermom
1/20/2009, 03:42 PM
yeah, i'm thinking we are above a home and home with Boise. i don't think it would happen at the moment. i've sure they would love it though

47straight
1/20/2009, 03:46 PM
Potato aggies.

CrimsonJim
1/20/2009, 04:13 PM
Phloriduh!

swardboy
1/20/2009, 04:36 PM
I'm sure Iowa would love a go at their native son (well, cornerback), Bob Stoops.

CrimsonGuy
1/20/2009, 04:50 PM
Boise State. We have to get that monkey off our back.

Northwestern. Sooners are 1-3 against them. Need to get back on the winning side of that short series.

Notre Dame. Enough said.

After that any traditional powerhouse football team from the big 10. Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Ohio State. Let them come south during early September.

gotpoi73
1/20/2009, 05:03 PM
the Sooners are one of the few teams that consistantly schedule big time non con opponents. however if these jerks would ever give us a playoff system, then more teams would schedule bigger non con games without the fear of 1 loss kissing your championship hopes bye bye. that beign said i would love to see an annual big 12 vs. sec weekend

richsooner
1/20/2009, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=HoustonsOwn;2566624]....

I'll tell you one I would not do, give up a home date to play BYU @ neutral field in Dallas for next years opener. Borderline dumb.................

Ace
1/20/2009, 09:33 PM
SW Missouri technical college

Yale

Maine

Ardmore_Sooner
1/20/2009, 09:37 PM
Army
Navy
Penn State
Hawaii

Ardmore_Sooner
1/20/2009, 09:47 PM
I'll tell you one I would not do, give up a home date to play BYU @ neutral field in Dallas for next years opener. Borderline dumb.................

There's a reason you don't make the schedules...

Soonerfan88
1/20/2009, 11:02 PM
Complete the service academy schedule w/Army & Navy -- even play Air Force again, that was a fun trip.

Penn St
USC
Va Tech
Georgia

Several others I'd like, such as ND, are already on future schedules so didn't include them.

WA. Sooner
1/21/2009, 12:20 AM
Since I live in Seattle, play @ UW every year, then rotate the BCS bowl winners in to it

setem
1/21/2009, 12:29 AM
I think a H&H with USC would not be bad at all. I think it would open us up to some recruits from that side of the country.

Notre Dame would be just fantastic for obvious reasons!

I would like to play Arkansas and Alabama more often.

Maryland seems like it would be a good team to play just because they are not that bad but they are not that great either.

ratedrsuperstar
1/21/2009, 07:06 AM
1. Florida Gators

2. Florida State Seminoles

3. Georgia Bulldogs

4. Alabama Crimson Tide

5. Auburn Tigers

6. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

oudivesherpa
1/21/2009, 10:01 AM
Navy, Doomers & William and Mary (at least Mary).