PDA

View Full Version : Do other teams go through LB's like OU does?

achiro
1/19/2009, 06:30 PM
It seems like we see a LOT of injuries at that position. Is it normal for other teams or is it something in OUr scheme that gets the LB's in trouble? Do the trainers/coaches miss something in the training/pt/nutrition areas?

Crucifax Autumn
1/19/2009, 10:39 PM
OUr guys just have so much fun beating the shat outta people that occasionally someone's gonna accidentally beat the shat out of themselves!

MamaMia
1/19/2009, 11:37 PM
It seems like we see a LOT of injuries at that position. Is it normal for other teams or is it something in OUr scheme that gets the LB's in trouble? Do the trainers/coaches miss something in the training/pt/nutrition areas?
A few of us were talking about this very subject over dinner. It does seem as though we do have more injuries in that position and more leg injuries seem to occur on our team as well. I wouldn't know how to look that up though. Sorry. :)

swardboy
1/20/2009, 06:04 AM
As far as Box goes, we all know it was a questionable hit from a pokie wide out.

CU Sooner
1/20/2009, 08:50 AM
Besdies this passt year and RR every year, what are the injuries? Lance Mitchell in 03 and who else?

oupride
1/20/2009, 09:34 AM
Besdies this passt year and RR every year, what are the injuries? Lance Mitchell in 03 and who else?
That was my question. I think what magnifies the situation is the LB position seems to be the one with the least depth.

OU4LIFE
1/20/2009, 10:12 AM
As far as Box goes, we all know it was a questionable hit from a pokie wide out.

and exactly what about that hit made it questionable?

nothing, it was an obvious, inexcusable, blatant attempt to injure a player. period.

OU_Sooners75
1/22/2009, 06:25 AM
We do not go through a lot of LBs...at least no more than other teams.

Since Stoops took over...
Calmus...4 years.
Lehman 4 years
Alexander 3 years
Curtis Lofton 2 years inside.
Others...Jones, Marshall.

I do not recall a season where we lost 2 LBs for the rest of the season under Bob Stoops.

I could be wrong...but I don't.

Sooner70
1/22/2009, 07:11 AM
All I sense is that an outstanding linebacking corps appears to be about a prerequisite to beating Texas, winning the Big 12 S., and being a NC contender. If it's absent, either because of talent level or lack of experience, OU will fall short.

beer4me
1/22/2009, 02:50 PM
and exactly what about that hit made it questionable?

nothing, it was an obvious, inexcusable, blatant attempt to injure a player. period.

Thank you OU4LIFE that is just what I thought when I read that post.