PDA

View Full Version : ***Offishul BHO "Big Love" thread***

JohnnyMack
1/19/2009, 03:38 PM
68, you and Tuba and the rest of your band of miscreants are excused from this thread.

soonerbrat
1/19/2009, 04:06 PM
my stupid ex husband is going to the inauguration. he's a republican but I think it makes him feel really important.

Turd_Ferguson
1/19/2009, 04:51 PM
my stupid ex husband is going to the inauguration. he's a republican but I think it makes him feel really important.Well, it is historical, don'tcha know.

soonerbrat
1/19/2009, 05:00 PM
Well, it is historical, don'tcha know.

yeah. and he's the kind of guy that stands on the corner in Winslow Arizona when he drives thru and stuff like that. he's a dork.

Okla-homey
1/19/2009, 08:18 PM
yeah. and he's the kind of guy that stands on the corner in Winslow Arizona when he drives thru and stuff like that. he's a dork.

I have a friend, still in service, who began an Air Staff assignment at the Pentagon after the first of the year. He moved his family into their new digs in Roslyn, VA, near a Metro station, last week and reports the whole DC area is in chaos. I told him he ought to charge cars 50 bucks each to park in his front yard tomorrow.;)

swardboy
1/19/2009, 11:04 PM
This thread is worthless without.....eh, it's just worthless.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/20/2009, 12:42 AM
yeah. and he's the kind of guy that stands on the corner in Winslow Arizona when he drives thru and stuff like that. he's a dork.Does he subscribe to "People" magazine?

Chuck Bao
1/20/2009, 08:55 AM
I'm loving every second of the TV coverage. I've added one more thing on my "must do" list - attend a presidential inauguration.

BudSooner
1/20/2009, 09:40 AM
So, when does AF1 gets Dubs?

def_lazer_fc
1/20/2009, 10:16 AM
So, when does AF1 gets Dubs?

?

oh, i get it! cuz he's black and black people like rims! hahahhahahaha!!!!! git r done

BudSooner
1/20/2009, 10:29 AM
Yep, I aim to please. ;)

Chuck Bao
1/20/2009, 10:37 AM
Interesting on the international angle. CNN was talking before about the number of foreigners there to celebrate the new US administration.

Some commentator just said that Obama will be speaking to the world.

No matter your take on that, Obama does have some initial goodwill with the international community and a chance to do something with it.

Chuck Bao
1/20/2009, 11:13 AM
CNN is now saying this may be the most widely-watched media event in history of the world.

Thai free-to-air TV is carrying it.

JohnnyMack
1/20/2009, 11:20 AM
I'z watchin' it on da innernetz.

Chuck Bao
1/20/2009, 11:29 AM
Aretha Franklin!!!! First lady of soul.

I wish she'd also sing RESPECT and Pink Cadillac.

I Am Right
1/20/2009, 11:39 AM
Well, it is historical, don'tcha know.

I'm not sure but I think we have had presidents before, oh thats right this is a race thing.

Chuck Bao
1/20/2009, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure but I think we have had presidents before, oh thats right this is a race thing.

You can look at it that way, if you choose.

I look at as proof positive that Americans are color blind and that the best man won. I look at it as confirmation in democracy and the American system and the peaceful transfer of power of the world's most powerful man. I look at it as restoration of American prestige lost by the previous administration.

God bless the US.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/20/2009, 11:51 AM
THE JOY...the joy, and THE RADIANCE!

Chuck Bao
1/20/2009, 11:58 AM
Okay, here's Aretha. I love her so much.

King Crimson
1/20/2009, 12:01 PM
Okay, here's Aretha. I love her so much.

that was quite a hat. though, some horrible rupture in the space-time continuum must have occurred in the moments between the Queen of Soul and Biden's rhythmically stunting delivery of his oath.

jeez Joe, give the justice a chance to finish each phrase...a little pause for effect or something.

Chuck Bao
1/20/2009, 12:07 PM
President Obama!!! Touchdown. Party Time. Booze.

Chuck Bao
1/20/2009, 12:13 PM
Obama sounds almost mad.

I like the tone. I like the words.

SicEmBaylor
1/20/2009, 12:15 PM
Could he not have shown enough class to at least thank President Bush for his service? I'm seriously disappointed that he didn't do so. Very very disappointed.

King Crimson
1/20/2009, 12:17 PM
Could he not have shown enough class to at least thank President Bush for his service? I'm seriously disappointed that he didn't do so. Very very disappointed.

he did, at the onset.

85Sooner
1/20/2009, 12:19 PM
Shoulda used the teleprompter for the oath.

SicEmBaylor
1/20/2009, 12:19 PM
he did, at the onset.

You're right. I apologize. I just read the transcript, and I don't know I missed hearing it.

85Sooner
1/20/2009, 12:20 PM
Obama sounds almost mad.

I like the tone. I like the words.

Yeah sounds like he is still running for office.

Chuck Bao
1/20/2009, 12:20 PM
This is an incredible speech. Thanking Bush would have weakened the whole message to make it essentially worthless.

SicEmBaylor
1/20/2009, 12:37 PM
This is an incredible speech. Thanking Bush would have weakened the whole message to make it essentially worthless.

It's an issue of class. Thanking the outgoing President doesn't weaken anything. It's a matter of class and few things matter more to me than that. One of the things that I admire most about the entire Bush family is that whether you like them or not, they always conduct themselves with class and show others respect and dignity. Even Regan thanked Carter and if there were ever a SOB that needed to be tared, feathered, and run out of town on a rail it's Jimmy Carter.

SicEmBaylor
1/20/2009, 12:38 PM
Also, I think this is the absolute weakest speech that Obama has ever given. I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as his convention speech.

Chuck Bao
1/20/2009, 12:46 PM
It's an issue of class. Thanking the outgoing President doesn't weaken anything. It's a matter of class and few things matter more to me than that. One of the things that I admire most about the entire Bush family is that whether you like them or not, they always conduct themselves with class and show others respect and dignity. Even Regan thanked Carter and if there were ever a SOB that needed to be tared, feathered, and run out of town on a rail it's Jimmy Carter.

That is interesting. I don't think you see the angle I'm coming from. If the audience is American, he does. If the audience is international, he shouldn't.

Obama either stands for something or he doesn't.

I think you were right in your immediate impression that he didn't praise the Bush administration.

This was Obama's best speech to date. It was sharp and well delivered.

They are now saying that it was a hard edge speech and that was my initial impression.

He will immediately close GTB and end water torture.

85Sooner
1/20/2009, 12:57 PM
OKAY all you whites are you pledging to act "right" so the redman can get ahead man and the yellow man can be mellow man, and the brownman can stick around man and the black man don't have to go back man.

Be right now, be right, you childish citizens.

soonerbrat
1/20/2009, 01:00 PM
Does he subscribe to "People" magazine?

if he doesn't i'm sure his new wife does.

they got married a week before christmas...so she sent out a christmas card that said "Married Christmas" with their picture on it.

and underneath their picture, she put from them, the cats, the dogs and the kids. In that order.

texas bandman
1/20/2009, 01:10 PM
Missed the speech. I would've let my 6th grade band watch it but my online feed was really erractic and it's hard enough to keep 6th graders engaged without having the picture and sound freezing every 10 seconds. I wish I'd have got to hear it. Guess I can see it on the innerweb later. Historic day!!!

TUSooner
1/20/2009, 01:23 PM
OKAY all you whites are you pledging to act "right" so the redman can get ahead man and the yellow man can be mellow man, and the brownman can stick around man and the black man don't have to go back man.

Be right now, be right, you childish citizens.

The Rev. was going strong until he puked up that drivel. :rolleyes:

Obama's speech was good. It was "American." If those words had come out of "President McCain" the rightwing radio zombies would be hyperventilating with ecstasy.

I Am Right
1/20/2009, 01:26 PM
You can look at it that way, if you choose.

I look at as proof positive that Americans are color blind and that the best man won. I look at it as confirmation in democracy and the American system and the peaceful transfer of power of the world's most powerful man. I look at it as restoration of American prestige lost by the previous administration.

God bless the US.

Whats up with the "whites will embrace what is right"" comment?

Chuck Bao
1/20/2009, 01:27 PM
According to the CNN broadcasters, Obama did say that America was ready to lead again on world affairs. They probably correctly intrepreted that to be a slap in the face of the Bush administration.

SicEmBaylor
1/20/2009, 01:27 PM
The Rev. was going strong until he puked up that drivel. :rolleyes:

Obama's speech was good. It was "American." If those words had come out of "President McCain" the rightwing radio zombies would be hyperventilating with ecstasy.

I'm a conservative zealot, and I still say the speech sucked regardless of who gave it.

85Sooner
1/20/2009, 01:30 PM
childish childish childish EM HM

47straight
1/20/2009, 02:33 PM

Guess what? He did thank Bush.

Patiently awaiting your comments decrying Obama's speech.

85Sooner
1/20/2009, 04:29 PM
Serious Question

Don't most Presidents get sworn in using their "Family Bible"?

swardboy
1/20/2009, 04:49 PM
Serious Question

Don't most Presidents get sworn in using their "Family Bible"?

Washington's inaugural bible gets used a lot (kept in Masonic Lodge).

JLEW1818
1/20/2009, 05:01 PM
somebody come un freeze me in 4 years.

85Sooner
1/20/2009, 05:03 PM
I was just wondering where Obamas Family bible was.......or does he have one?

JLEW1818
1/20/2009, 05:06 PM
"Brown can stick around" -Rev.

so whats the deal with that???? Obama nodded his head and smiled......

BudSooner
1/20/2009, 06:00 PM
"Brown can stick around" -Rev.

so whats the deal with that???? Obama nodded his head and smiled......

I'm not sure, I thought that was a football analogy.

The RedSkins can get ahead, teh Browns can stick around.......thru the playoffs.....Referee White can do whats right?

BudSooner
1/20/2009, 06:01 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but my brown always sticks around...at least until I get the bowl cleaner and sanatize that ****er.

WORST **** STAINS EVER! :D