PDA

View Full Version : Not a single sooner in the Super Bowl !

ratedrsuperstar
1/19/2009, 08:01 AM
OU has no former players on the 2 rosters.

Other Big name programs and OK State.
Texas has 5.
Alabama has 4.
Florida has 1.
USC has 3.
Notre Dame has 3.
Florida State has 5.
Georgia has 3.
Oklahoma State has 1.

Did you guys see Sweed (former UT player) lay out Ivy (former OU) ? Bone crushing block :( It was a few plays after Sweed dropped a wide open TD :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiK5JQU8SW8&feature=channel

Breadburner
1/19/2009, 08:45 AM
Who cares...Who won...

ratedrsuperstar
1/19/2009, 08:51 AM
Who cares...Who won...

Not the teams with Sooners on their rosters !

sooner518
1/19/2009, 09:25 AM
woe is us!!

had the Ravens won, we'd have had 3.

and can I just say I hate the freakin Steelers?

ratedrsuperstar
1/19/2009, 09:43 AM
woe is us!!

had the Ravens won, we'd have had 3.

and can I just say I hate the freakin Steelers?

That's a big if because the Ravens had 6 losses this year and 3 of them came against Pittsburgh, they really didn't stand a chance.

I hate the steelers also because I'm a life long Cowboy fan, but I think they will win the Super Bowl. Arizona celebrated yesterday like they had won it all, they won't get up for it again and the steelers will beat them by 3 score's.

SoonersEnFuego
1/19/2009, 09:48 AM
Actually if you look at history, it's more likely that the team who has lost two games already to another team wins that third game. FYI.

So, yes, they did have a chance.

bringit
1/19/2009, 10:12 AM
we do more with lesser talent

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/19/2009, 10:18 AM
This deserves a lock, and a banement.

SbOrOiNaEnR
1/19/2009, 10:40 AM
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, half-brother of OU women's basketball forward Carlee Roethlisberger...

...who was in "Chick Hoops Players With Famous Brothers" with Kevin Bacon.

MamaMia
1/19/2009, 11:05 AM
Thats too bad. Speaking of...I was trying to find my Sooners in the pros link yesterday. Anybody have it handy?

ratedrsuperstar
1/19/2009, 10:56 PM
Actually if you look at history, it's more likely that the team who has lost two games already to another team wins that third game. FYI.

So, yes, they did have a chance.

Is this the case with any sport ?

If Duke beats Virginia in Basketball 2 times this season in B-ball and then they meet in the ACC tournament, are you saying history says it is more than likely that the Cav's win ?

Here's some history for you.
2 of the last 3 times this has happened in the NFL (Tenn beat Jax 3 times and Indy beat Tenn 3x) the team that won the first two games, won the third. The exception is Dallas beat NY Giants 2 times prior to losing to them in the playoffs, but as we all know Dallas hasn't won a playoff games since 1994 or something like that. Speaking of the New York Giants, they beat The Philadelphia Eagles 3 times in 2000 on their way to Superbowl XXXV.

SoonerShark
1/19/2009, 11:03 PM
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, half-brother of OU women's basketball forward Carlee Roethlisberger...

...who was in "Chick Hoops Players With Famous Brothers" with Kevin Bacon.

He has been at our games to watch his sister. I have to pull for our woman's brother to do well. Actually, I only like pro football when Kurt Warner is doing well due to his continual underdog status.

badger
1/20/2009, 06:12 AM
Kurt Warner is part of a long line of starting quarterbacks who once backed up Brett Favre. This list includes former Saints starter Aaron Brooks, former Jag Ty Detmer, current Seahawk Matt Hasselbeck, current Packer Aaron Rodgers... and yes, Kurt Warner.

Get this... the list even includes this Super Bowl shuffling guy:
http://images.wolfgangsvault.com/images/catalog/detail/RS469-RS.jpg

I know this has nothing to do with the thread topic, but I'm not exactly fond of the thread topic. There were probably also no Sooners in the NBA Finals or the World Series or the World Cup. BFD.

CrimsonJim
1/20/2009, 08:29 AM
And you expected a positive thread from ratedr? :D

Wow, the Super Bowl Shuffle. Ahhh, the good ole days.....

SteelClip49
1/20/2009, 09:26 AM
If you are a Dallas Conboys fan...enjoy as you get to soon witness 6 SB titles for the greatest franchise in pro football history...the 7x AFC Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!!!!!

It's great seeing Dallas and their fans suffer while the Steelers and Steeler Nation prosper!!!!!!!

007sooner
1/20/2009, 12:08 PM
Pittsburg is the pitts. it would pretty much be the coolest thing evar to see them lose a super bowl... to the cardinals. it would almost make up for OUr bowl loss in my mind.

SteelClip49
1/20/2009, 12:36 PM
Best thing ever was seeing the Cowdungs lose to the Cards in the 1998 postseason.

badger
1/20/2009, 02:37 PM
If you are a Dallas Conboys fan...enjoy as you get to soon witness 6 SB titles for the greatest franchise in pro football history...the 7x AFC Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!!!!!

It's great seeing Dallas and their fans suffer while the Steelers and Steeler Nation prosper!!!!!!!

eff that. Packers > everyone else.*

*12 league championships, the most in the NFL. I know that a lot of people like to look at Super Bowl numbers, but as Sooner fans, I'm sure you would agree that championships count even if they happened before they issued crystal balls for them. To put it bluntly, the Sooners have been winning crystal balls before they issued crystal balls for championships, and the Packers have been winning Super Bowls even before they called them Super Bowls. Therefore, Packers > everyone else.