PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Warning about your new Oklahoma Tags

tulsaoilerfan
1/18/2009, 10:48 AM
For some unknown reason, when my wife was in Tulsa last night she got pulled over by a police officer; he never told her why, but he told her that for some reason he had ran a check on her plate and it wasn't registered; she has just gotten her new tag this week and had not put it on yet, so we are guessing that's why the old one was not in the system anymore; she wasn't speeding or driving in an unsafe manner, so we are stumped as to why he ran the check on her plate and pulled her over; the old plate wasn't even expired yet; sounds to me like an over zealous cop hoping he finds something bad going on

OU_PhD
1/18/2009, 12:08 PM
They run tags all the time at stop lights and cruising. A friend of mine (cop) found three stolen cars in one night that very same way (although this was in southern California). That's not even mentioning all those that get their tags ran and find out they have warrants etc...

bluedogok
1/18/2009, 02:06 PM
Yep, since most departments have a laptop at the officers right hand it is easy for them to run tags.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/19/2009, 11:09 AM
Cops run tags all the time. Plus the new software/hardware allows cameras on the cars to continuously run tags...