PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown is a

2k2 c5
1/17/2009, 11:38 PM
study in consistancy. From Wickapedia, that bastion of facts: In 2004, "Texas Coach, Mack Brown, had made a public effort to lobby for his team to be moved higher in the ranking. When the human polls were released, Texas remained behind Cal, but it had closed the gap enough so that the BCS Poll (which determines placement) placed Texas above Cal, angering both Cal and its conference, the Pac-10. [9] The final poll positions had been unchanged with Cal at #4 AP, #4 coaches, and #6 computers polls and Texas at #6 AP, #5 coaches, and #4 computer polls.[9] The AP Poll voters were caught in the middle because their vote changes were automatically made public, while the votes of the Coaches poll were kept confidential. Although there had been a more substantial shift in the votes of the Coaches Poll, the only clear targets for the ire of fanatical fans were the voters in the AP Poll. While officials from both Cal and the Pac-10 called for the coaches' votes to be made public, the overtures were turned down and did little to solve the problem of AP voters.

Many members of the press who voted in the AP Poll were upset by the fiasco and, at the behest of its members, the AP asked that its poll no longer be used in the BCS rankings. The 2004 season was the last season that the AP Poll was used in the BCS rankings, it was replaced in the BCS equation by the newly created Harris Interactive College Football Poll[10]."

Apparently, Clapper has believed in campaigning off the field for quite a while.

Leroy Lizard
1/17/2009, 11:45 PM
Nothing gets by 2k2.

adoniijahsooner
1/18/2009, 02:05 AM
Nothing gets by 2k2.

We should definitely make this a sticky.:rolleyes:

BASSooner
1/18/2009, 03:20 AM
study in consistancy. From Wickapedia, that bastion of facts: In 2004, "Texas Coach, Mack Brown, had made a public effort to lobby for his team to be moved higher in the ranking. When the human polls were released, Texas remained behind Cal, but it had closed the gap enough so that the BCS Poll (which determines placement) placed Texas above Cal, angering both Cal and its conference, the Pac-10. [9] The final poll positions had been unchanged with Cal at #4 AP, #4 coaches, and #6 computers polls and Texas at #6 AP, #5 coaches, and #4 computer polls.[9] The AP Poll voters were caught in the middle because their vote changes were automatically made public, while the votes of the Coaches poll were kept confidential. Although there had been a more substantial shift in the votes of the Coaches Poll, the only clear targets for the ire of fanatical fans were the voters in the AP Poll. While officials from both Cal and the Pac-10 called for the coaches' votes to be made public, the overtures were turned down and did little to solve the problem of AP voters.

Many members of the press who voted in the AP Poll were upset by the fiasco and, at the behest of its members, the AP asked that its poll no longer be used in the BCS rankings. The 2004 season was the last season that the AP Poll was used in the BCS rankings, it was replaced in the BCS equation by the newly created Harris Interactive College Football Poll[10]."

Apparently, Crybaby-Clapper has believed in campaigning off the field for quite a while.

fixed

fadada1
1/18/2009, 10:50 AM
aside from this being a "captain obvious-type" message, this is the very reason that any AP declaration of a national champion - after 2003 - should not be considered a "national championship". sorry usc, you can suck it.

Dan Thompson
1/18/2009, 11:55 AM
So Mark Brown, single handly, changed the BCS. There is hope fans, just keep trying.

Crucifax Autumn
1/19/2009, 01:04 AM
Why AD?

salth2o
1/19/2009, 04:55 PM
Boomer Sooner ring tones anyone?

rainiersooner
1/19/2009, 08:32 PM
He sucks. When the RRS arrived this year, I found myself liking Mack Brown...I found myself thinking Texas wasn't that bad...thinking, hey, we're like brothers who fight all the time.

Thank you Clap Clown for disavowing me of this insane notion! You have proven how much you and that self-entitled school of yours sucks.

Dear Lord, please let us put another 60 point stomping on their bovine butts. It's been too long.

oupride
1/20/2009, 09:38 AM
Can't wait for the RRR.

Hot Rod
1/20/2009, 10:09 AM
So Mark Brown, single handly, changed the BCS. There is hope fans, just keep trying.

Well, I think he's now going to trying to change how the Big XII handles a 3 way tie, even though it may never happen again.

CrimsonJim
1/20/2009, 10:21 AM
Well, I think he's now going to trying to change how the Big XII handles a 3 way tie, even though it may never happen again.

I don't really care if they change the rule or not (you can find fault with how anybody does it), everybody [in conference] has to play by the same rules. I just hope that it happens again and it bites Clappy right square in the arse!!

OUmillenium
1/20/2009, 02:35 PM
...study in mopishness.