PDA

View Full Version : Big change coming to the NCAA...

Half a Hundred
1/17/2009, 06:55 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/general/story/11270600

While he represented what was, in a big way, "the enemy", I always thought Brand was at heart one of the good guys, and would never wish this upon anyone. I hope his remaining days are as peaceful and pleasant as possible.

Collier11
1/17/2009, 06:58 PM
When it comes to this stuff, nothing else matters except getting better. I hope he does...

Dan Thompson
1/17/2009, 07:12 PM
My brother passed away because of this. I ask my doctor about it and he said, "by the time the symptoms show up, its too late".

I think this is also what is wrong with Steve Jobs of Apple.

bluedogok
1/17/2009, 08:27 PM
Jobs had pancreatic cancer before 5-6 years ago, it could very well be what is ailing him now.

Hotrod3157
1/17/2009, 08:34 PM
That's awful. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I'm in the medical field and pancreatic cancer is pretty much a death sentence. I wish him and his family the best.

oubose
1/17/2009, 08:49 PM
Wish him the best and thanks to everything he has put in to the NCAA.

oumartin
1/17/2009, 09:59 PM
lost an uncle to pancreatic cancer. No cure for it.
I remember not a month ago reading an article ripping him for nobody being put on probation under his watch. Well those things don't seem near as important when one is fighting a losing battle.

sorry to hear this

okiewaker
1/17/2009, 10:12 PM
Prayers to him and his family.

okiewaker
1/17/2009, 10:14 PM
My brother passed away because of this. I ask my doctor about it and he said, "by the time the symptoms show up, its too late".

I think this is also what is wrong with Steve Jobs of Apple.

Unfortunately most cancers have no symptoms until it is too late.

TUSooner
1/17/2009, 10:16 PM
My prayers for him and his family.

TMcGee86
1/17/2009, 11:04 PM
My grandmother died of this last year. It's about 95% fatal. Horrible, horrible disease.

prayers go out to him.

BASSooner
1/18/2009, 03:25 AM
My TCU buddy(who is also my best friend)'s dad died of this about 3-4 weeks ago.

My prayers go out to this guy his family. I wish that no one should have to go through such an ordeal. God bless him and I hope his final days are his best.

LoyalFan
1/18/2009, 03:45 AM
Prayers for Mr. Brand.
He joins actor Patrick Swayze in battling Pancreatic Cancer and I hope for the best for all afflicted with this terrible condition.

LF

OU-HSV
1/18/2009, 08:59 AM
IN

StoopTroup
1/18/2009, 09:37 AM
As some of you know...I just lost my Mom to Pancreatic Cancer.

It's tough on everybody when it hits a loved one.

I've been reading Randy's Pausch's book "The Last Lecture". It's a short book and a good read. Since he was around my age group...I could really relate to his life as he grew up. At first I wasn't sure if I was ready to read anything about PC yet...but...I was wrong.

I recommend it. Not just for the how to deal with Cancer...but with Death itself. Mom was in her 70's. Randy was a Father of two kids who were going to grow up without their Father. It's amazing he how he was able to express himself before his Death and during his fight.

My heart and my prayers go out to Brand and his Family.

ST