PDA

View Full Version : Returning Experience

TXBOOMER
1/17/2009, 06:34 PM
Do we need WR's and O Line to step up and gel? Yep. But the rest of this looks good. This is a team that played for the NC this year. I have lots of faith in OUr coaches to get the O line ready. Look at this talent. DANG!

OFFENSE
Sam Bradford QB
Jermaine Gresham TE
Demarco Murray, Chris Brown, Mossis Madu RB
Matt Clapp FB
Brody Eldridge TE
Trent Williams OL
Ryan Broyles Slot
Brian Simmons OL (Didn't start every week but played a bunch)

DEFENSE
Travis Lewis LB
Keenan Clayton LB
Balogun, RR, or AB LB
Brian Jackson DB
Dominique Franks DB
Jeremy Beal DL
Gerald McCoy DL
Adrian Taylor DL
Frank Alexander DL
F texass

oudivesherpa
1/17/2009, 08:14 PM
Being a former O line player (high school and Freshman football) without an effective O line you are toast. Linemen need time to mature, that's why our O line this year was the best in the country, maturity and experience working together as a unit. If the can bring the line together as a cohesive unit we will have another stellar season but it will take great talent and super coaching. The expectation shouldn't be as high in 2009 as the realization of OU performance in 2008. I hope I'm wrong and we will have another 2006 season where our performance greatly exceeded expectations.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/17/2009, 09:08 PM
Being a former O line player (high school and Freshman football) without an effective O line you are toast. Linemen need time to mature, that's why our O line this year was the best in the country, maturity and experience working together as a unit. If the can bring the line together as a cohesive unit we will have another stellar season but it will take great talent and super coaching. The expectation shouldn't be as high in 2009 as the realization of OU performance in 2008. I hope I'm wrong and we will have another 2006 season where our performance greatly exceeded expectations.

As good as I think the Defense could be, we can score 15 points less per game next year and be a more dominant team. Our line of Beal, Taylor, Alexander, McCoy, and English (and I presume RJ Washington getting in the mix too) will be an absolute nightmare. Not sure about the status of Granger, but his coming back would be a bonus. We had 42 sacks this year and will be much better next. I can hardly wait.

TXBOOMER
1/17/2009, 10:30 PM
Expectations won't be as high for our offense because of the unknowns on the line and wide receivers. Although, I do expect we will have one of the top offenses in the country based on the skill players we have returning. The expectations for OUr defense is and will be extremely high based on the fact we will have 9 starters returning. Based on those facts, I believe the expectations will be huge for this team. Of course expectations are nothing more than opinions based on various factors and we will find out more during spring ball and will know for sure in September. It should be fun.

okiewaker
1/17/2009, 10:39 PM
I think the team will be better next year versus this year. O line and Wr's will step up knowing they are being commanded by a H-man trophy winner. D will be better because of experience in the D line. Can't wait!!!!