PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and prayers appreciated.

OU-HSV
1/17/2009, 01:56 AM
This thread comes with a heavier heart than the other thread I just posted.

Today I found out one of my good friends I grew up with is in ICU. He came down w/pneumonia a few days ago. Apparently tonight (I just found out) he's been put on a respirator and now he's in a drug induced coma. Reportedly he has shown some signs of minor improvement today/tonight but they're waiting to see how his lungs recoop. I'll be heading to the hospital in the early morning to see how things are going. Man we're too young for this shat. I'll be 28 next month and my buddy is 28 right now.
In the meantime it would be cool if you all could help by keeping him in your thoughts and/or prayers.
TIA

1/17/2009, 04:18 AM
May God be with him.

OUHOMER
1/17/2009, 05:18 AM
IN, way to young for this

LoyalFan
1/17/2009, 05:50 AM
In, and will repeat.

LF

olevetonahill
1/17/2009, 05:54 AM
In Bro
I have No clue . But I took the Pmonia shot a few yrs ago .
Anyone Know how Long they are good for?

Flagstaffsooner
1/17/2009, 08:42 AM
From the Mountain.

Prayers sent.

AlbqSooner
1/17/2009, 08:49 AM
Prayers coming your way.

soonerhubs
1/17/2009, 09:11 AM
Prayers sent.

OU-HSV
1/17/2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks all.
I'm going to the hospital to see how he's holding up here shortly, so I'll know more later this morning.

OU-HSV
1/17/2009, 03:39 PM
Went and saw him at the hospital...no big progress to report. Still in drug induced coma.
I thought this seemed a bit fishy for him too be floored strictly by pneumonia. Turns out the problem is bigger than I first knew. Here's what happened. He OD'd (big time) on some meds, must have vomited and some foreign material aspirated his lungs (to a bad extent apparently). He was passed out for anywhere up to 5 hours, nearly died but luckily he was found unconscious and blue just in time. The doctors said an hour later and he probably would've been dead. Not to mention they almost lost him at the hospital.
What I know:
-He's very lucky to be alive
-He has severe trauma to his lungs
-His other organs: Kidney, Liver, etc. have some extent of damage as well
-The only good news I know right now is his brain and heart are fine

Assuming he pulls through he's going to need some help I'm certain.
If nothing else, let this be a lesson of what popping pills can do to a person.

Boomer.....
1/17/2009, 04:28 PM
Sorry to hear that HSV. Prayers sent.

1890MilesToNorman
1/17/2009, 04:36 PM
HSV, you got it! Good thoughts from us.

StoopTroup
1/17/2009, 04:47 PM
I'm in.

Prayers sent.

Newbomb Turk
1/17/2009, 04:52 PM
best wishes for your friend, HSV.

Chuck Bao
1/17/2009, 04:56 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with your buddy, his family and friends.

I don't know what else to say, except have hope and faith that we are in God's hands.

On a side note, I am awed by modern drugs and I have, fortunately, benefited from this modern miracle. I have also refused in the past to bring drugs from Thailand into the US for some friends. I feel bad not doing it, but I have read that if you mix this drug with that one, you will die. For me, I only want one doctor to be in charge of all my prescriptions.

royalfan5
1/17/2009, 05:45 PM
In.

TUSooner
1/17/2009, 10:21 PM
In with prayer.

8timechamps
1/17/2009, 11:44 PM
In.

Tool young to be in this position, too old to be putting ones self there.

Thoughts/Prayers

GrapevineSooner
1/18/2009, 08:45 AM
That's too young. :(

In.

OU-HSV
1/18/2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.

Went and saw him today again. His lungs have shown improvement since yesterday. Although he's still getting assistance from a ventilator, they're letting his lungs do more work on their own. They aren't giving him quite as much of the meds that they were giving him to keep him sedated or whatever. So he opened his eyes a couple times when I was in there, but he's still pretty much in a drug induced coma I'd say. And the nurses told me he doesn't respond to commands at all right now still. But I think he can hear us talking when we're in there, when I talked to him he opened his eyes for a minute but then shut them and went back into that deep sleep. They also said his kidneys are improving. So overall it was a more promising day than the previous few days. He's not out of the woods by any means I'm sure, but I'm much more hopeful he can pull through at this point than I was earlier.

tommieharris91
1/18/2009, 06:08 PM
I hope he keeps improving.

OKC-SLC
1/18/2009, 08:08 PM
His youth will get him through this in all likelihood.

If he really was blue for a while, his brain recovery will be most telling. I'm hoping he's ok.

Okla-homey
1/18/2009, 08:21 PM
May the Great Physican heal him and restore your friend to his loved ones and for His service. Amen.

OU-HSV
1/18/2009, 08:27 PM
His youth will get him through this in all likelihood.

If he really was blue for a while, his brain recovery will be most telling. I'm hoping he's ok.

Just sent you a PM