PDA

View Full Version : Teebus not Christian enough or ... ?

cjames317
1/16/2009, 02:10 PM
Where's Teebus?

From the Austin American-Statesman
A&M QB McGee wins Bowden Award
Annual FCA award goes to exemplary Div. I student-athlete.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Texas A&M senior quarterback Stephen McGee has won the Bobby Bowden Athlete of the Year award presented by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

Named for the veteran Florida State football coach, the award recognizes the Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) player who "conducts himself as a faith model in the community, in the classroom and on the field." Nominees also must have at least a 3.0 grade-point average.

McGee, a product of Burnet High School, earned his undergraduate degree from A&M in slightly more than three years and is close to completing work on his master's degree.

The award will be presented today at the American Football Coaches Association's FCA breakfast in Nashville, Tenn. Other nominees were Marcus Freeman of Ohio State and Ryan McDonald of Illinois.

adoniijahsooner
1/16/2009, 02:19 PM
If you think thats a surprise; look at this. Tebow is not even a leader in his own school.

http://www.uffca.org/leadership.php

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 02:32 PM
Do we really need to attack somebody's Christianity. If you hate the guy for overexposure then I understand that but to attack somebody as not Christian enough is pretty low. IMO

GG84
1/16/2009, 02:45 PM
No Gator should ever win something called the Bobby Bowden Award.

Flagstaffsooner
1/16/2009, 03:07 PM
No Gator should ever win something called the Bobby Bowden Award.But, The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah Esquire gator should win the Tammy Fay Bakker crocodile tears award for religious bullsh*t above and beyond the call of duty.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/shakespeares_sister/cryingtammy.jpg

catsigater
1/16/2009, 03:15 PM
But, The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah Esquire gator should win the Tammy Fay Bakker crocodile tears award for religious bullsh*t above and beyond the call of duty.

As has been said...

Do we really need to attack somebody's Christianity. If you hate the guy for overexposure then I understand that but to attack somebody as not Christian enough is pretty low. IMO

catsigater
1/16/2009, 03:15 PM
dp

cjames317
1/16/2009, 03:27 PM
No attack on Teebus' Christianity intended. Just thought it was funny that Teebus wasn't in the running for the FCA's award, maybe cause his classroom intensity doesn't quite match his on-the-field intensity?

And props to McGee. I heard that OU was the only other school besides A&M to offer him a scholly.

badger
1/16/2009, 03:33 PM
Maybe Teebs doesn't have a 3.0 GPA? I mean, he was homeschooled while circumcising elephants in the Phillipines or whatever, right? Perhaps he doesn't know enough academic stuff and is really a dumb jock at heart... he does kind of look the part, doesn't he?

Flagstaffsooner
1/16/2009, 03:43 PM
I am not attacking the boy's religion. I am attacking the charlatans that use the media for their own gains. tebow seems to be going down that road.