PDA

View Full Version : If Bob ?

boomermagic
1/16/2009, 09:57 AM
If Bob were to leave Oklahoma who would you want as our head coach ? I know Bob is not going anywhere thank God but this is just an off season question as to who YOUR preference would be ? Anyone know how to do a poll ? That would be interesting..

Pete Carroll ?

Urban Myer ?

Mack Brown ? NO !!!!!!

I'd take Pete or Urban but we wouldn't get them..

Maybe, Brent V. ?

Josh ?

Maybe Barry would return ? I don't know...

OUAlumni1990
1/16/2009, 10:07 AM
None of the above. The defensive coordinator for Florida whoever that is.

boomermagic
1/16/2009, 10:09 AM
None of the above. The defensive coordinator for Florida whoever that is.

How about the D coordinator from Tx. ? Muschamp or whatever his name is ?

OKLA21FAN
1/16/2009, 10:10 AM

I think you missed the point :gary:

BoulderSooner79
1/16/2009, 10:10 AM
IF and when Bob steps down, we'll go after some young and up-coming coach like Bob was when he started. Could be a coordinator from a big program or maybe a head coach from a mid-major.

boomermagic
1/16/2009, 10:12 AM
I think you missed the point :gary:

Your point was Florida's defense shut us down for a large part of the game ? Right ?

boomermagic
1/16/2009, 10:13 AM
IF and when Bob steps down, we'll go after some young and up-coming coach like Bob was when he started. Could be a coordinator from a big program or maybe a head coach from a mid-major.

I agree, The question was do you have a preference ?

BoulderSooner79
1/16/2009, 10:23 AM
I agree, The question was do you have a preference ?

I don't have a preference at this time because that future coach is probably in high school right now ;) So I guess my preference is for another decade by Bob and all the current big name coaches will have retired by then (except for Paterno).

outwism
1/16/2009, 10:35 AM
How about Jason Garrett!

NOVSooner
1/16/2009, 10:38 AM
I was thinking about this same topic a few weeks ago so i was thinking would we go after somebody like Saban. Good recruiter, proven, etc. Of course, the last time we went after a def. coord as head coach it worked out pretty well, too!

frankensooner
1/16/2009, 10:47 AM
Mike Ditka or Chuck Norris

primetime43
1/16/2009, 10:49 AM
Josh Heupel, Butch Davis?? What about John Blake... just kidding! Hey but we did win in 2000 with a bunch of Blakes recruits!

southern sooner
1/16/2009, 10:53 AM
never want to see bob leave but if he was to take off i would say the following.

1. mike stoops
2. gary paterson (tcu)
3. will musch (texass d cord)

ouwapiti
1/16/2009, 10:58 AM
what about the coach from tulsa????....what's his perception in okla????......also the guy from boise or utah maybe

boomermagic
1/16/2009, 10:59 AM
never want to see bob leave but if he was to take off i would say the following.

1. mike stoops
2. gary paterson (tcu)
3. will musch (texass d cord)

I think Mike Stoops would be my preference if Bob were to leave...

Dan Thompson
1/16/2009, 11:25 AM
Mike Stoops
TCU head coach
Utah head coach
Buffalo head coach

ouleaf
1/16/2009, 11:41 AM
I'd like to think we'd actually promote from with-in. Venables, I think he'd be a solid head coach, and will be when he gets his shot somewhere else b/c Bob isn't leaving anytime soon. Surprised that no on has mentioned Kevin Wilson. He is certainly gonna get some calls if his offensive unit here keeps producing like they did last year.

OKLA21FAN
1/16/2009, 11:42 AM
Your point was Florida's defense shut us down for a large part of the game ? Right ?

nope :pop:

Flagstaffsooner
1/16/2009, 11:46 AM
Brother Mike.

oudivesherpa
1/16/2009, 12:21 PM
Art Briles. Look what he's done at Uof H and at Baylor. The guy knows most all of the Texas HS coaches, if he can get talent to come to Baylor think what he could do at OU

Pieces Hit
1/16/2009, 12:24 PM
Can you imagine all the whining aircraft circling our stadium if Mack Brown came to OU???

It would look like the Battle of Midway.

boomermagic
1/16/2009, 12:29 PM
Art Briles. Look what he's done at Uof H and at Baylor. The guy knows most all of the Texas HS coaches, if he can get talent to come to Baylor think what he could do at OU

Good point..

boomermagic
1/16/2009, 12:30 PM
Mike Leach would be high on my list as well..

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 12:30 PM
Charlie Strong (UF DC) or Kyle Whittingham (Utah HC)

TUSooner
1/16/2009, 12:44 PM
Turner Gill

abOUtwinning
1/16/2009, 12:50 PM
Is it even possible to jump from one amazing coach to another? It would be a miracle to not have to endure a decade of suckness...

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 12:52 PM
I like the Turner Gill idea, but a Nebraska guy at OU. That would be like a former OU player at Texas. Oh, that did happen.

OUAlumni1990
1/16/2009, 01:10 PM

I believe he already has a HC gig lined up. Besides that, can we trust anyone affiliated w/ whorns? I wouldn't.

OUAlumni1990
1/16/2009, 01:11 PM
Mike Leach would be high on my list as well..

I agree

OUAlumni1990
1/16/2009, 01:13 PM

Well...more along the lines of thats what we did last time (hired Florida's DC) and it worked out pretty well. ;)

RedstickSooner
1/16/2009, 01:14 PM
Mike Leach.

With our caliber of players, I think he'd be nearly unstoppable. Plus, he wouldn't have to play any more Bob Stoops coached defenses :D

OUAlumni1990
1/16/2009, 01:17 PM
Can you imagine all the whining aircraft circling our stadium if Mack Brown came to OU???

It would look like the Battle of Midway.

I would consider not watching OU football if Mack came to Norman. It's like when Barry Switzer went to Dallas. Nobody liked him because he was thoroughly hated by some Cowboy fans who also happened to be whorn fans. Too many unresolved bad feelings.

SteelClip49
1/16/2009, 01:33 PM
1. Norm Chow
2. Mike Shanahan (assistant for OU in 74 or 75)
3. Kyle Wittingham
4. Tommy Tuberville (won 3 titles as an assistant at Miami)
5. Larry Coker

Scotty
1/16/2009, 01:39 PM
i don't understand why alot of you are calling for muschamp

1. He's a whorn
2. He's already named head-coach-in-waiting at Texas as Mack's successor.

KaleoHolley
1/16/2009, 01:43 PM
I would puke if Muschump was our head coach, i don't want our coaches doing Back bumps on the numbers of the yard line everytime OU does something right.

IronSoonerMan
1/16/2009, 01:51 PM
Cale Gundy

SoonerLB
1/16/2009, 01:52 PM
The next person that starts another one of these threads about Bob leaving should be baned! Baned I tell ya! ;)

He isn't going anywhere, find something else to worry about for (insert chosen diety here)'s sake! Why not try doing/saying something positive about Bob or the team, instead of conjecture to tear it apart.

Scotty
1/16/2009, 02:03 PM
I would puke if Muschump was our head coach, i don't want our coaches doing Back bumps on the numbers of the yard line everytime OU does something right.

i don't think this is a problem we will be having to worry about

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/16/2009, 02:06 PM
never in a million years would I want pete carroll to step foot inside OUr stadium....evar

pappy
1/16/2009, 02:25 PM
never in a million years would I want pete carroll to step foot inside OUr stadium....evar

no worries there. pete will retire as the suc head coach or go to the nfl. he also won't schedule a home and home series with us.

my list of coaches.

1. turner gill
2. tcu head coach
3. boise state head coach
4. utah head coach
5. mike stoops

pappy
1/16/2009, 02:26 PM

no worries there. pete will retire as the suc head coach or go to the nfl. he also won't schedule a home and home series with us.

my list of coaches.

1. turner gill
2. tcu head coach
3. boise state head coach
4. utah head coach
5. florida def coord
6. norm chow
7. mike stoops

TXBOOMER
1/16/2009, 03:15 PM
Good call on Art Briles. I'd take him or Gary Patterson as a replacement. I don't want anybody but the one we got until he is about 68. Then we should allow him to go play some golf and enjoy retirement. F Musschump, the last thing we need is their sloppy seconds. I wish he would take over for Mack next year. The dude can't handle the fragile ego of the college player nor is he a good enough politician to keep the money happy. I can't wait for him to take over.

OU-HSV
1/16/2009, 04:05 PM
1: Mike Stoops
2: Mike Leach
3: Gary Patterson (TCU head coach)
4: Mangino
5: Utah Head Coach
6: Peterson (Boise State head coach)

No chance in hell do I want Pete Carroll. No way ever.

But who are we kidding guys, Bob is probably gonna be around a while

Breadburner
1/16/2009, 04:26 PM
Pat Hill.....

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 04:27 PM
He'll never leave.

TUSooner
1/16/2009, 04:31 PM
The next person that starts another one of these threads about Bob leaving should be baned! Baned I tell ya! ;)

He isn't going anywhere, find something else to worry about for (insert chosen diety here)'s sake! Why not try doing/saying something positive about Bob or the team, instead of conjecture to tear it apart.

I'm gonna start a neg-spek fest right on your front porch if you don't send me a copy of your avvie! ;)

SoonerLB
1/16/2009, 06:15 PM
LOL! First ya gotta tell me whut a frumious bandersnatch is. Second, ya gotta check out my latest fark, and third, then I'll think about it! ;)

BOB LABLAW
1/16/2009, 06:39 PM
What about Tim Tebow...........

I just threw up.

goingoneight
1/16/2009, 09:10 PM
Isaac or Drake Stoops...

madillsoonerfan5353
1/16/2009, 10:08 PM
Patterson

Muschamp

Bud Foster (VT)

oubose
1/16/2009, 10:13 PM
No way do I ever want to think about replacing Stoops! I sure hope you didn't jix us for times to come.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!

KingDavid
1/16/2009, 11:13 PM
If Bob Stoops were to leave, I would hope we would regroup, pull our heads together (and wallets) and whatever else was necessary . . . and then, with all of our might and will, we would go after . . .

Bob Stoops.

boomermagic
1/17/2009, 12:39 AM
If Bob Stoops were to leave, I would hope we would regroup, pull our heads together (and wallets) and whatever else was necessary . . . and then, with all of our might and will, we would go after . . .

Bob Stoops.

Not a bad idea..

PLaw
1/17/2009, 12:40 AM
If Bob were to leave Oklahoma who would you want as our head coach ? I know Bob is not going anywhere thank God but this is just an off season question as to who YOUR preference would be ? Anyone know how to do a poll ? That would be interesting..

Pete Carroll ?

Urban Myer ?

Mack Brown ? NO !!!!!!

I'd take Pete or Urban but we wouldn't get them..

Maybe, Brent V. ?

Josh ?

Maybe Barry would return ? I don't know...

Damn it - you beat me to starting this thread that I've been thinking about for the past several weeks. My angle was going to be succession planning and who do you think is on Joe C.'s short list of candidates.

Carroll, Saban, and Meyer are untouchable.

Realistic candidates: Patterson at TCU, Whittingham from Utah, Venables, Wilson, Muschamp, Leach, Houston Nutt,

Stretches: Turner Gill, Mike Singletary,

BOOMER

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/17/2009, 01:04 AM

He isn't going anywhere, find something else to worry about for (insert chosen diety here)'s sake! Why not try doing/saying something positive about Bob or the team, instead of conjecture to tear it apart.BEST ANSWER! You win an OU helmet sticker.

Harry Beanbag
1/17/2009, 01:06 AM
Either Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Urban Meyer, Pete Carroll, Mike Holmgren, Mack Brown, Les Miles, Bill Walsh, or Vince Lombardi.

This thread is retarded.

OU-HSV
1/17/2009, 01:58 AM
Either Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Urban Meyer, Pete Carroll, Mike Holmgren, Mack Brown, Les Miles, Bill Walsh, or Vince Lombardi.

This thread is retarded.

Well great. Now that I read your post I'm a little embarrassed that I participated :O

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2009, 02:25 AM
Singletary isn't about to give up the 49ers gig to come coach a college team.

Charlie Strong is a good choice, and yeah, I got where you were going with it. But he's still a damn fine coach.

Patterson is a good choice, but I remember what happened that last time I thought a TCU head coach would be a good choice for OU. :D

Leroy Lizard
1/17/2009, 06:05 AM
Singletary isn't about to give up the 49ers gig to come coach a college team.

Singletary could stay in SF for all I care. Keep him away from my favorite team.

The DC for USC would probably be okay. Not sure who that is.

Sooner70
1/17/2009, 08:23 AM
Steve Spurrier
Mike Stoops
Mike Leach
Kevin Sumlin
Brent Venables
Charlie Weis (just kidding)

sendbaht
1/17/2009, 08:25 AM
1. mike stoops

ratedrsuperstar
1/17/2009, 09:01 AM
I would rather have the current Utah coach over any other candidate out there. The Utes last coach has done a pretty good job at his latest gig !

Plus a lot of the folks I've seen list in the post OU has no chance of getting.

Meyer will not leave sunny Florida for Norman, he would only go north for ND.

Pete Carroll is bigger than Norman, he is in LA for a reason.

Steve Spurrier ? You have gotta be out of your mind !

OU-HSV
1/17/2009, 09:08 AM
I would rather have the current Utah coach over any other candidate out there. The Utes last coach has done a pretty good job at his latest gig !

Plus a lot of the folks I've seen list in the post OU has no chance of getting.

Meyer will not leave sunny Florida for Norman, he would only go north for ND.

Pete Carroll is bigger than Norman, he is in LA for a reason.

Steve Spurrier ? You have gotta be out of your mind !

Urban will be at Florida a very long time I think. Especially after seeing a press conference w/him after the BCS game. He sounds like he's very happy and has a lot of goals left to make Florida and their stadium better.

IronHorseSooner
1/17/2009, 09:29 AM
Charlie Strong (UF DC) or Kyle Whittingham (Utah HC)

Those would be my top 2. Strong is highly regarded in the coaching circles and should have been Auburn's coach.

CrimsonJim
1/17/2009, 09:34 AM
I know this has all been hypothetical, just-for-fun and all that - and it's been a fun read, but when I saw Charlie Weis, I kinda threw up in my mouth a little bit......that was just wrong on so many levels. :)

ratedrsuperstar
1/17/2009, 09:47 AM
Those would be my top 2. Strong is highly regarded in the coaching circles and should have been Auburn's coach.

Haven't you heard, Charlie Strong hasn't gotten a HC job because he has a white wife ! It was all over the internet prior to the BCS Championship Game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3813793

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/17/2009, 10:37 AM
Pls. MAKE IT STOP, already, fergodssakes.

Sooner70
1/18/2009, 08:35 AM
I just threw Spurrier out there to see what would come back. Actually, my first pick would be whoever Bob Stoops recommends.

TheGodfather889
1/19/2009, 04:19 AM
Mike Stoops