PDA

View Full Version : This inauguration business...

GottaHavePride
1/15/2009, 08:47 PM
So, I understand that Obama is the first black guy we've elected President.

However, all these people acting like this is the first Presidential inauguration EVER are starting to annoy the crap out of me.

You know what? It's a big ceremony. It's all for show. If it was up to me, I'd just say "Oh, you're the new guy? Here's the keys, don't wreck it on your first day."

Jeebus, can we just get it over with already? I don't care who will be speaking. I don't care what crappy bands will be playing at the 317 Official Inauguration Parties. Every other President we've ever had took the Oath of Office too - just do it and get to work.

EDIT: Again, I'm not saying anything about Obama - I put this one squarely on the media (and all sorts of other people trying to use Obama's inauguration for their own purposes) trying to turn this into a bigger circus than it needs to be.

Okla-homey
1/15/2009, 08:57 PM
Just remember, before its over, they will have spent enough public and private money on the countless inaugural bashes and fiestas to give every teacher in America a $10,000 raise.

Amidst the worst economic crisis since Dickens' England.

Limo libs. Gotta love 'em.:mad:

olevetonahill
1/15/2009, 09:21 PM
I cant ever Remember watchin an Inauguration In My life . I dont spect that to change anytime soon .;)

1890MilesToNorman
1/15/2009, 09:33 PM
THIS POST IS UN_PC SO BE WARNED!!!!

From the people that's been saying skin color shouldn't matter they seem to be celebrating it at this inauguration. :confused:

olevetonahill
1/15/2009, 09:35 PM
I wonder will dey be BBQ watermelon ?
Is that Bad ?

Okla-homey
1/15/2009, 09:36 PM
Is that Bad ?

yes. I got beat-up once for suggesting there would be spinners on the limo and purple shutters on the White House.;)

I say go ahead and celebrate. If this man's accomplishments lead to acceptance among black youth that staying in school, studying hard and making good grades is not "acting white," it'll be worth it.

1890MilesToNorman
1/15/2009, 09:37 PM
Is that Bad ?

I like both of them delicious foods so no! :D

olevetonahill
1/15/2009, 09:38 PM
yes. I got beat-up once for suggesting there would be spinners on the limo and purple shutters on the White House.;)

:eek: :D

Jerk
1/15/2009, 09:52 PM
Please tell me the 150 million dollar price tag is privately funded. It won't bother me if the libs have their own circle-jerk.

IBleedCrimson
1/15/2009, 10:30 PM

I say go ahead and celebrate. If this man's accomplishments lead to acceptance among black youth that staying in school, studying hard and making good grades is not "acting white," it'll be worth it.

u kno i never really looked at it this way before. maybe this man can show young people how far one can go with education and discipline, regardless of skin color

OklahomaTuba
1/16/2009, 12:42 AM
150 Million for that???

WTF are they smoking????

proud gonzo
1/16/2009, 12:48 AM

this reminds me of when a black friend said (via facebook status) that he was celebrating black history month by eating fried chicken and watermelon.

OUstud
1/16/2009, 12:57 AM
150 Million for that???

WTF are they smoking????

Marijuana, probably. :D

proud gonzo
1/16/2009, 01:34 AM
"I smoke crack rocks."
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/thegame101_2006/chappelle.gif

olevetonahill
1/16/2009, 01:53 AM
"I smoke crack rocks."
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/thegame101_2006/chappelle.gif

I never smoked Cracked Rocks But I almost Had to Make small rocks outta Biguns once :eek:

TheHumanAlphabet
1/16/2009, 04:34 PM
Please tell me the 150 million dollar price tag is privately funded. It won't bother me if the libs have their own circle-jerk.

Some of the parties are private, but guess who's picking up the security tab, the construction tab, etc.? It ain't Okrah! ;)

I'm just glad I am traveling and will not be around for it...