PDA

View Full Version : Our offense was so dynamic because

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 06:26 PM
you never had anybody complaining that they should have gotten the ball more. Does anybody see this being a problem next year at the WR position? Manny and Iglesias were very humble. Are Miller and Owens or Tennell and Caleb gonna be as humble?

soonermagic14
1/15/2009, 06:31 PM
They'll be too green to be selfish.....I think we have a grOUp of fine young men who are great leaders that would prevent that anyways. Bradford, McCoy, Williams and Gresham to name a few

Toronto Sooner
1/15/2009, 06:58 PM
I don't think Bob Stoops and KW will put up with that crap for even 1 minute. Guys with that type of attitude better change it fast or run the risk of being on the bench permanently or out of the program completely. This is OU, where no one is bigger than the team. This is why we see so many humble players and fine humun beings come out of the program each year. The coaches go our of their way to recruit guys with great character. Some will always slip through the cracks (i.e. Bomar, Jarboe....).

htownsooner7
1/16/2009, 11:10 AM
I disagree with the premise. How could any of the receivers complain about touches? They all put up very good numbers when healthy. Its like saying I think that the reason that millionaires have money is because they don't complain about not having money.

NormanPride
1/16/2009, 11:17 AM
I just hope this team doesn't buy into the hype that last year's team earned. I hope they realize that until they prove it on the field, they haven't done ****.

OuSX
1/16/2009, 11:20 AM
SOMEBODY PLEASE READ THIS!

I do not have the ability to post a new thread so I am posting it here in the hopes that someone can either move this to a thread of its own or just start one to get this out there. Sorry in advance for doing this.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/cont...15texfoot.html

The above is a link talking about how Texass has failed to strengthen its out of conference schedule. There has been plenty of logical explanations posted here as to why they do this (i.e. scared of going on the road, scared of playing a team that could actually win, etc.) and I found this article incredibly interesting.

"At the behest of ESPN, Texas had agreed to shift its game against Central Florida, set for Sept. 19, to a future year and substitute Wisconsin onto this year's schedule, but the schools couldn't arrange a return date to Madison, Wis., until 2013 and the proposal died."

When Texass knows that their pathetic OOC is what killed them and they do nothing to fix it, ESPN TRIES TO DO IT FOR THEM!!! And some people claim that the Mack Brown's team isn't the regional media darlings. ESPN is desperate to get rid of OU. They want something new for a change. OU dominates year after year, and to them that is bad. They need competition for OU. OU has become so dominant that even though we lose to Texass we still pass them when it counts.

Try as you might ESPN...We're still here mother****ers.

P.S. LMAO at Texass to being giftwrapped a chance to bolster their OOC with a win that ESPN would hype all year, and FAILING to get it done. Ha Ha Ha.
OuSX is online now Add to OuSX's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

ouleaf
1/16/2009, 11:54 AM
Our offense was so dynamic b/c of an experienced and pretty dominant O-line. Without those guys, nobody else puts up even close to the numbers we did this year. Sam was relatively untouched all year, and we had two 1000 yd backs.

oupride
1/16/2009, 11:58 AM
I just hope this team doesn't buy into the hype that last year's team earned. I hope they realize that until they prove it on the field, they haven't done ****.
Bingo!

Position Limit
1/16/2009, 11:59 AM
Ousx,
do you remember when texas backed out of playing hawaii? weak sauce. i've never understood their scheduling. i just hope they keep it in place. i'll give mack credit in that he now hires defensive coordinators to coach the talent he brings in. mack himself couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag. i'll bet anything that texas' scheduling idea is to play the weakest teams out there, win 10-11 games and hope ou slips up along the way. i say schedule the best teams you can. play 1 or 2 on the road. we need to supplement the lack of competition we get in the big 12. it will only make ou a better team in the end. if you drop one game early on the road to a good team, it wont matter in the end. and the strength of schedule goes a long way. texas needs to quit blaming ou, refs, bcs, coachs poll, etc.. for what happened this year to them and take a look at their pathetic scheduling. teams are and should be punished for taking the easy way out when the stakes are so high in college football.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/16/2009, 12:06 PM
I don't think Bob Stoops and KW will put up with that crap for even 1 minute. Guys with that type of attitude better change it fast or run the risk of being on the bench permanently or out of the program completely. This is OU, where no one is bigger than the team. This is why we see so many humble players and fine humun beings come out of the program each year. The coaches go our of their way to recruit guys with great character. Some will always slip through the cracks (i.e. Bomar, Jarboe....).

i just gotta ask, how long have you followed OU football. i mean iglesias and kelly barely moving from the LOS when they weren't getting the ball was only 18 months ago. and that happened game after game after game. gresham loafing on our fake field goal and not blocking a single soul was only 3 months ago.

when we pointed it out on this board, everyone was like "oh, its okay to take plays off". what you saw the last couple of games this year is what happens on offense when you have a talented QB and a bunch of players feeling a sense of urgency, like every play is their last.

i think the first thing we have to figure out is if these guys can even catch the ball. when they subbed in this year they dropped it more often than not when they were moving.

boomermagic
1/16/2009, 12:44 PM
Our offense was so dynamic b/c of an experienced and pretty dominant O-line. Without those guys, nobody else puts up even close to the numbers we did this year. Sam was relatively untouched all year, and we had two 1000 yd backs.

Give the man a CEEGAR..

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 12:48 PM
With our rebuilt O-line, does anybody see a D-line this season that will challenge us?

ratedrsuperstar
1/16/2009, 12:48 PM
Our offense was so dynamic because of the defense's it was going up against.

Look at the points it put up on a very young Florida defense !

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't call Florida a young defense. That could have been said in 2007 but not last year.

Desert Sapper
1/16/2009, 01:57 PM

I agree with this premise, but I wonder if our O-Line in 2009 will be that much less dominant, given the amount of PT the 2 deep got this year.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/16/2009, 01:59 PM
Our offense was so dynamic because of the defense's it was going up against.

Look at the points it put up on a very young Florida defense !

dude, give the nickzepp routine a rest. if we don't jack up the 4 opportunities to score that we had in the first half its a different ball game. florida isn't content to take the air out of the ball and we have a run and gun game.

op 1 - 1st and 10 on the florida 40, sam hesitates and doesn't throw to his running back when its there waiting on iglesias down field. ends up taking a sack for 12 yards that we couldn't recover from.

op 2 - 1st and 10 on the florida 40, sam throws a long ball to gresham on the florida 8. duke robinson holds a guy when he clearly can't get to sam in time. don't recover

op 3 - 1st and goal

op 4 - 1st and goal

Novamanxl
1/16/2009, 02:17 PM
op 1 - 1st and 10 on the florida 40, sam hesitates and doesn't throw to his running back when its there waiting on iglesias down field. ends up taking a sack for 12 yards that we couldn't recover from.

Hopefully, Sam having another year under his belt can fix similar situations throughout next year.