PDA

View Full Version : Pete Carroll=skumbagf

SOONER STEAKER
1/15/2009, 05:34 PM
I don't think I can remember a college coach telling the media that a kid made a big mistake about the draft when the kid and his family are right there listening to the coach.

I know Stoops won't agree with all the decisions that all his kids make but he never, I mean never, shows a kid up in public like the skumbag Carroll just did.

Hotrod3157
1/15/2009, 05:55 PM
Carroll and his attitude belong in California. Behind closed doors tell him he is making a mistake but not out in public.

007sooner
1/15/2009, 05:56 PM
Are we surprised that petey is showing himself up to be a major *******?

I'm not... everything about that program is scummy.

tator
1/15/2009, 06:06 PM
It's always a mistake to leave SUC early. The guys can make just as much $$ staying in school as going pro...

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 06:35 PM
Give me a link. I must have missed something pertaining to Snachez going pro.

oubose
1/15/2009, 06:37 PM
I thought a coach was a roll model, so if carroll wants to act like a p.o.s. he's just showing his true colors. Thats the "it's all about me lifestyle"! I hope for our players sake Stoop's doesn't give them to hard of time for leaving early, if they do. He has to remember he help them become who they are. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!!!!!!

?? Maybe carroll will miss the dirty sanchez???

rainiersooner
1/15/2009, 06:47 PM

Yup, he's a scumbag.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-sanchez-usc-nfl16-2009jan16,0,1474049.story

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 06:47 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but who had Sanchez going in the first round before this week. I don't see Carroll as wrong in telling his QB that he doesn't really have the experience to move on to the next level. I do believe that some of that is coming from knowing that he'll have to replace a lot of guys on defense and that with Sanchez coming back at least the offense would be OK. That part may be a lil selfish.

rainiersooner
1/15/2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah, but it's a private conversation between the player and his coach. Calling him out in front of the media is a little bush league imo.

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 06:54 PM
Then when he went pro and wasn't what everybody obviously thinks he is now then people would say that it was Carroll's fault for not trying to keep him another year.

Sherpa
1/15/2009, 07:06 PM
He also graduated this year. I'm shocked Pete would call him out like this.

fadada1
1/15/2009, 07:06 PM
i bet he eats tofu and hands out flowers at the airport as well.

JERK!!!

btw, i really do think he's an asshat.

Dan Thompson
1/15/2009, 07:09 PM
What Pete was really saying is,"What the He&& am I going to do now, I don't have a QB that's much experience"

BigBoomerInBigD
1/15/2009, 07:12 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/sonofwestwood2002/gay_cruise.jpg

TXBOOMER
1/15/2009, 07:39 PM
It's always a mistake to leave SUC early. The guys can make just as much $$ staying in school as going pro...

True...his parents will probably have to move out of their mansion.

cheezyq
1/15/2009, 07:43 PM

I don't know if you MEANT to type it, but I'm loving "Snachez" as a misnomer. I've been snickering about it for the last 10 minutes.

sendbaht
1/15/2009, 07:45 PM
I have not heard Pete saying this about Sanchez but, I did notice the when Sanchez was thanking everyone who helped him he did not mention little stuck up Pete. I found that interesting. Now I see why if this is the truth about Pete. What a clown.

OU-HSV
1/15/2009, 07:53 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but who had Sanchez going in the first round before this week. I don't see Carroll as wrong in telling his QB that he doesn't really have the experience to move on to the next level. I do believe that some of that is coming from knowing that he'll have to replace a lot of guys on defense and that with Sanchez coming back at least the offense would be OK. That part may be a lil selfish.

I mentioned this in another thread the other day.
Last Friday Mel Kiper said that if Sam and Dirty Sanchez both declare for the draft, that Sam could very well only be the 3rd best QB in this draft (behind Stafford and Dirty Sanchez). So that tells me that at least Kiper had Sanchez picked to go in the first round and quite possibly top 10 or top 5 even. Mel Kiper needs to lay off the crack pipe IMO.

Oh and Pete Carroll is a prick, totally classless to throw the kid under the bus for wanting to start a pro career earlier than expected. Grow up Pete

hgarmorer
1/15/2009, 08:07 PM
Here's Petey's take on him leaving...http://www.latimes.com/video/?slug=la-sp-carroll-usc-nfl15-2009jan15-vid

The Remnant
1/15/2009, 11:08 PM
In 2002 Pete Carroll let OJ Simpson come onto the practice field to yuk it up with the players and pose for pictures. I guess Carroll, not big on discipline, figured Simpson would fit right in. Carroll is a walking turd.

BigGobbler
1/15/2009, 11:24 PM
Then when he went pro and wasn't what everybody obviously thinks he is now then people would say that it was Carroll's fault for not trying to keep him another year.

No one ever says stuff like that??? College coaches are forgotten once someone goes pro. Give me an example? I can see where Pete is coming from, but to be a dick head like that, after all the kid has given to the program, is just a JOKE. Classless thing to do.

BOB LABLAW
1/15/2009, 11:27 PM
Pete = d nozzle

RacerX
1/15/2009, 11:47 PM
Jimmy Wilkerson

BigGobbler
1/15/2009, 11:51 PM
Jimmy Wilkerson

What about Wilkerson?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/15/2009, 11:51 PM
I don't think I can remember a college coach telling the media that a kid made a big mistake about the draft when the kid and his family are right there listening to the coach.

I know Stoops won't agree with all the decisions that all his kids make but he never, I mean never, shows a kid up in public like the skumbag Carroll just did.He's Der Schlichmeister without an Arkansas accent.

jps
1/15/2009, 11:54 PM
It showed the news conference on the news and when Pete got done talking he got up and didn't even bother shaking Sanchez's hand. He walked by him, didn't even slow down or look at him, tapped him and kept right on going. Very adolescent.

oupride
1/15/2009, 11:56 PM
Sanchez does not want to come out in 2010 with Sam. Can you blame him?

Crucifax Autumn
1/16/2009, 12:03 AM
Scumbags playing for a scumbag and people are shocked by the all-around scumbaggery?

BoulderSooner79
1/16/2009, 12:21 AM
Sanchez does not want to come out in 2010 with Sam. Can you blame him?

There was a piece on rivals.com that speculated that Sam's decision to stay may well have influenced Sanchez to declare this year. It moved him up into a battle with Stafford for the 1st QB to get selected.

Way to go Sam! Help OU and zing USC in one motion !! :P

Toronto Sooner
1/16/2009, 12:35 AM
In 2002 Pete Carroll let OJ Simpson come onto the practice field to yuk it up with the players and pose for pictures. I guess Carroll, not big on discipline, figured Simpson would fit right in. Carroll is a walking turd.

Yeah, that whole OJ Simpson thing caught my attention back then also. It did nothing to shed the whole thuggery image of USC. The USC program is completely classless.

Did you guys see my post within Tim Tebow starts a chat room thread? I make fun of USC and their thuggery image, as well as Pete Carroll. I make fun of other people also, including Mack Brown. I had a blast writing it - it's intended to be a goofy continuation of the original post. Hope you get few laughs also (if you haven't seen as yet). Here is a part of it:

percyharvin: rey, u still got yr pink thong?

reymaualuga: ya, it wha we prfer to wear at prctice at USuC

percyharvin: can i brrow?

reymaualuga: sure per v cy

reymaualuga: betta go, me erin gona get jiggy wi t it

erinandrews: oh rey, luv when ur so romantic

reymaualuga: no prob babe, it the way THe Univ GuyS at sc treat woman - tradition

erinandrews: i luv u rey – looks aren’t every ting u knw

reymaualuga: dam eerin u gots some nice junk in th trunk bak thar

percyharvin: get a room already

erinandrews: rey, confirm agan, u goin 2 nfl right – be makin big $s, right?

reymaualuga: plezzz, u tink i’m The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah

petecarroll has entered chat 1231517161993

petecarroll: sup The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah

tt: coach, i’m heartbroken, im not an nfl qb, no 2nd heisman, stuck in colleg …..

petecarroll: sorry man, got my own probs right now

petecarroll: don’t think i got enough pink thongs for the 2009 practic – gota find rey

petecarroll has left chat 1231517161993

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2563507#post2563507

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/16/2009, 12:46 AM
Jimmy Wilkerson

[shakes fist]one of these days i'll beat you to it[/shakes fist]

rainiersooner
1/16/2009, 02:04 AM
The only time I've ever heard Stoops call out a player was Bradley after that game I don't remember happening in 2004. I was a little disappointed he did it (basically, he said something along the lines of - what am I supposed to do if a player decides to make a boneheaded play and touch a live ball when he's surrounded by 8 guys from the other team on a punt return) but chalked it off to him genuinely being shocked at what had just happened. Other than that, Stoops has never come close to breaking ranks with his players. Carrol sucks.

Toronto Sooner
1/16/2009, 02:39 AM
Bob Stoops is first class all the way.
Mack Brown runs a whinery.
Pete Carroll runs a thuggery.
Urban Myers runs a gaytory.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/16/2009, 02:44 AM
Jimmy Wilkerson

of course to be fair, a quick google search basically has everyone saying he made a mistake ;)

adoniijahsooner
1/16/2009, 03:34 AM
Think about from Carroll's perspective. Sam, Colt, and Tim all come back to school, and his one year flash in the pan qb takes off; I think he is a little confused and his manhood is hurt.

Toronto Sooner
1/16/2009, 06:26 AM
Carroll seemed like he is completely losing it. I think his points all seemed valid enough, but you never see that level of bluntness displayed in a public form, from anyone. It was quite shocking to be honest. It completely lacked professionalism, or even just simple respectfulness. To be honest, Carroll is normally much more respectful than that. He does normally throw insults at others (though not necessarily his own players), but he usually disguises the insults. Perhaps Mark S. promised Carroll he would come back or something, then opted for the NFL at the last minute, as he found out Bradford is staying in school. As such, perhaps Carroll felt deceived and totally lost it. He might have also been sending a message to his other QBs (since he has 2 or 3 other 5 star QBs on his team).

RacerX
1/16/2009, 07:18 AM
What about Wilkerson?

Bob was openly critical of Jimmy in the press when he decided to leave early.

Spray
1/16/2009, 08:57 AM
Pete's always been a player's coach. Its pretty surprising he would question the decision with the player sitting right there. I'm betting Sanchez is getting the treatment he deserves. Pete probably advised him he should stay, Sanchez and his ego didn't like it, and things were said behind closed doors that were regrettable.

Personally, I think Carroll gets the benefit of the doubt on this one.

hgarmorer
1/16/2009, 09:37 AM
It showed the news conference on the news and when Pete got done talking he got up and didn't even bother shaking Sanchez's hand. He walked by him, didn't even slow down or look at him, tapped him and kept right on going. Very adolescent.

They shook hands...sorta
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/hgarmorer/44534267.gif

boomermagic
1/16/2009, 09:49 AM
Pete's always been a player's coach. Its pretty surprising he would question the decision with the player sitting right there. I'm betting Sanchez is getting the treatment he deserves. Pete probably advised him he should stay, Sanchez and his ego didn't like it, and things were said behind closed doors that were regrettable.

Personally, I think Carroll gets the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I agree.. I think Pete is a hellova coach..

MojoRisen
1/16/2009, 10:45 AM
Personally, if I where Sanchez I may very well knock Carrol out- think of the money his coach could be costing him because he wanted to be the guy that was right and made sure he said it in public.

This is wrong on many levels

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 10:58 AM
The combine will be the true indicator of where Snachez goes. There will probably be some small school or non-BCS QB that makes people forget about him. We'l just have to wait and see what he does there.

1/16/2009, 11:11 AM
It could be that Sanchez even harbors a grudge about Carroll starting Booty ahead of him the previous year.(Booty never impressed me as much as Sanchez, anyway)

SOONER STEAKER
1/16/2009, 11:30 AM
You have to wonder "How many HS kids parents noticed the body language that Carroll showed Sanchez."

How will Carroll treat a kid who makes a small mistake that goes against Carroll.

Maybe that's why the WR just left suc!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/16/2009, 11:30 AM
The combine will be the true indicator of where Snachez goes. There will probably be some small school or non-BCS QB that makes people forget about him. We'l just have to wait and see what he does there.

Jason Bostus or Nathan Brown..You have to throw Boomar into that mix as well..Josh Freeman..

MamaMia
1/16/2009, 11:47 AM
I'm not a big proponent of a college athlete leaving for the draft early either. I would much rather see them graduate, but each case is unique. Take Peterson for instance. I could see his reasoning. It was AD up the freaking middle over and over and over again...so much so, that I doubt there would have been much left of the kid if he would have tried to stay. He most certainly had earned the right to make some serious money by using his football talent. Sanchez has his degree so why risk injury? I wish him well. Pete Carroll is not only full of himself, but lots of sour grapes as well.

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 12:06 PM
Jason Bostus or Nathan Brown..You have to throw Boomar into that mix as well..Josh Freeman..

Nobody knows at this point where anybody is going to go. Freeman is built just like Russell and he may go out and impress the scouts and GM's enough that he passes Snachez. I think he should have come back for another year of on the field experience, but whatever sets USC back works for me.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/16/2009, 12:17 PM
I'm not a big proponent of a college athlete leaving for the draft early either. I would much rather see them graduate, but each case is unique. Take Peterson for instance. I could see his reasoning. It was AD up the freaking middle over and over and over again...so much so, that I doubt there would have been much left of the kid if he would have tried to stay. He most certainly had earned the right to make some serious money by using his football talent. Sanchez has his degree so why risk injury? I wish him well. Pete Carroll is not only full of himself, but lots of sour grapes as well.

peterson played way too fast for the college game and is much much better suited for the pros. the problem with getting to holes before they open is that you take a lot of shots, especially to the legs, because defenders are able to prepare for the tackle. to see a back who plays at the perfect pace for the college game look at chris brown. have you ever seen a back, other than wes caswell, move slower and closer to opposing defensive players and they never touch him?

as for the "up the middle, up the middle" - welcome to big play on the edge football. it's the reason they ran the fullback up the middle 40 times a game with the wishbone.

rainiersooner
1/16/2009, 12:22 PM
Bob was openly critical of Jimmy in the press when he decided to leave early.

I think Stoops has been consistent in his philosophy about leaving early. Below is an interesting quote from an interview - discusses Wilkerson at the end (http://www.ouinsider.com/news/story.php?article=787):

On the process of a head coach helping players try to decide whether or not they should leave early for the NFL

Stoops: I encourage them if they are interested to know where they project you, but realize it's just a projection and realize what are you losing if you do leave. What are your opportunities? The agents and your family all tell you, because they read the media, this is where you're going.

When they get in there to draft people, they could care less what is written about you and they could care less what your agent said. They want to see what the production was, what your 40 time was, how big you are? Did you dominate and play at a certain level? And if you haven't, they don't care what's been said about you.

So, to me, it's being realistic and understanding what the true opportunity is. It is an absolute fact that the more education you have, in the NFL the longer the career is and the more money you make. And realize that the average time for a player there is three or four years in that league. So you need to maximize that opportunity.

Jammal Brown's a classic's case. He was projected in the third round as a fourth-year junior. Came back for his senior year and 700-800 thousand dollars was the average compensation for a guy who was drafted somewhere in the third round. So he would've signed a contract for three, four years roughly around there. Probably with bonus money it could've been close to a million.

Everybody said "Well, he ought to have gone." And that's great and good. Well, he's going to make that money as a young guy. Say he's out of the league then, and Jammal won't be, in five, six, seven years. He's going to live the rest of his life on that? Without his degree because he left early?

Whereas he comes back and he's the first linemen taken in the draft. Or even if he wasn't, say he was just taken in the first round. Well, now he's roughly (worth) 16 million dollars and he's got his education, and he won the Outland Trophy. Did he make money staying in school? All the agents say you don't. He made a lot of money staying in school. He's a year more prepared, a year more mature for the rigors of a long season and what it takes being on your own, and he's a whole lot wealthier for the rest of his life. To me, that's a classic example of the further you move up in the draft you're making a lot of money by staying in school.

And hopefully some of you guys that write about it start to realize that instead of saying just because a kid made it, that's good. I remember someone wrote here locally when Jimmy Wilkerson made it, "Ah, he made the right decision. He went out early." He was a sixth-round draft pick and everybody promised him he'd be a first day guy. He went there for peanuts compared to what he's worth.

The other argument people say is, "You make it long enough and then you get your second contract and you make it." Well, that money's still gone. Jammal's going to get a second contract too, and that first one was pretty darn good. Does that make sense?

TUSooner
1/16/2009, 12:33 PM
Here's Petey's take on him leaving...http://www.latimes.com/video/?slug=la-sp-carroll-usc-nfl15-2009jan15-vid

If you don't like Pete, fine. But I saw nothing wrong with those plain, honest remarks.

EDIT: And I don't see any significant distinction between the theme of Pete's remarks and those of Bob that are quoted in the previous post. The only diff seems to be that Pete was talking about a guy who had just announced he was leaving.

So hate Pete & USC for other reasons, but not for that. :rolleyes:

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 12:36 PM
Mark Snachez= Ryan Leaf.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/16/2009, 12:40 PM
i don't remember ryan leaf being accused of attempted rape

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 12:43 PM
I just meant success at the next level.

rainiersooner
1/16/2009, 01:18 PM
If you don't like Pete, fine. But I saw nothing wrong with those plain, honest remarks.

EDIT: And I don't see any significant distinction between the theme of Pete's remarks and those of Bob that are quoted in the previous post. The only diff seems to be that Pete was talking about a guy who had just announced he was leaving.

So hate Pete & USC for other reasons, but not for that. :rolleyes:

I hear ya - I think it more about style than substance. Substantively, Carrol is correct...it is better for most players to stay another year. I just thought he acted like a baby about it...but who knows what went on behind the scenes. And yeah, there are probably many, better reasons to dislike Pete & USC.

RedstickSooner
1/16/2009, 01:23 PM
I'm glad folks mentioned Wilkerson, because in all fairness I think we have to. But, that being said, I think that going pro early is a *very* good way to compare the two programs.

Of all the great players (ones everyone knew would be first-rounders), how many of ours have stayed? Isn't this the first year, since Bob has been here, that *any* have stayed? Bob seems to consistently advise them to do what's in their best interest -- and usually that means declaring.

Petey, on the other hand, seems to routinely get players to stick around. Sadly, I don't have figures to back this up, and I loathe USC too much to look 'em up, but I surely remember how fat cross-eyed kid came back and actually (according to most) hurt his draft position a lot in the process.

Finally, I agree. Snachez is the correct spelling.. Also, why is Dirty Snachez so convinced he'll do great? Wasn't he the reason USC's offense was so un-USC-like this season? And only the galaxy's best defense kept them from being highly mediocre?

badger
1/16/2009, 02:54 PM
I remember when Jimmy Wilkerson decided to go to the NFL early. Stoops said something along the lines of "I disagree with his decision, but I support him fully."

Pete Carroll's recruiting will suffer immensely from this. It is clear that Carroll had plans or Sanchez to be his starter next year and having an inexperienced or mediocre QB means a possibility of no Rose Bowl for the first time since... 2005? Nah, it must have been before that, because I don't remember what bowl game they played in 2005 season AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU. :mad:

This is awful for Sanchez, but keep in mind who Mark credited with his decision yesterday - all former USC quarterbacks. They obviously told him to give the eff outta Troy. They probably got hugged into thinking that staying at USC all four years was a good idea, but when they got to the NFL, realized they could have made their money a year earlier.

Boo on Carroll and his selfishness.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/16/2009, 04:26 PM
Of all the great players (ones everyone knew would be first-rounders), how many of ours have stayed? Isn't this the first year, since Bob has been here, that *any* have stayed? Bob seems to consistently advise them to do what's in their best interest -- and usually that means declaring.

meh, i think he has done a good job of keeping they guys that need to stay. the 3 biggest losses as far as impact the next season have been roy williams, brodney pool, and curtis lofton. all 3 were very shrewd in their decisions and can't really be faulted for leaving as all 3 managed to use circumstances to push themselves into higher draft positions (lofton and roy with dominating seasons, pool by pushing himself up 2 rounds because of absolutely no safeties in the draft).

contrast this with what we would have been like in 2004 had we lost either jason white or mark clayton :(.

Spray
1/16/2009, 04:31 PM
I remember when Jimmy Wilkerson decided to go to the NFL early. Stoops said something along the lines of "I disagree with his decision, but I support him fully."

This is just about exactly what Pete said yesterday. I don't see the difference.

SOONER STEAKER
1/16/2009, 06:53 PM
It's amazing how many National Media folks are talking about this same subject. Many are saying that the video will be used against USC in the recruiting process showing how Pete Carroll can turn on a kid and put that athletes draft status in jeopardy.

All ESPN folks, Mike & Mike, WWLS are all talking about this subject.

We here at Soonerfans.com were first to chat about PC being a skumbag!!

Toronto Sooner
1/16/2009, 07:58 PM
It's interesting how the Sporting News has Sanchez going #1 overall (I saw that on another mock draft last week also, and that's before Sam made his decision - they actually had Sam going #2 behind Sanchez, believe it or not).

Freeman (K-state) is at #10 overall - seems like the ratings people have been big on him all year, and have just kept moving him up (he has the size and arm strength they are looking for, but I personally think he is way too raw for the nfl at this time - I think #10 overall is way too risky for him).

Erin might take Rey-boy up on that dance afterall - he is listed at #8.

Good to see Jason Smith (Baylor-Big 12) get some recognition at #7.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=sancheztopstonsoftalent&prov=tsn&type=lgns

8timechamps
1/16/2009, 08:36 PM
The media loves to knock us for our BCS bowl record, nevermind the fact that SC and Carroll have all but dominated recruiting over the last 6 or 7 years and have 1 MNC to show for it.

I know a MNC is very tough to attain, but given the horses he lands every year, they damn sure should have been in more than one big game.

goingoneight
1/16/2009, 08:41 PM
i don't remember ryan leaf being accused of attempted rape

I guess you never heard the accusations from the Chargers.

Toronto Sooner
1/16/2009, 09:22 PM
Boy, they sure have model citizens at Thug university. Parents, hurry up and send your girls to USC in hopes that they hook up with such nice boys:

1) Matt Leinart - knocks up a girl on the basketball team: "Leinart’s off-field notoriety had calmed down a bit before some eyebrow-raising photos showed up last spring on the Internet. One showed him smiling in a hot tub surrounded by four young women. Another had him holding a beer bong while a young woman drank from it.

No wonder this guy doesn't have the focus and maturity to cut it in the NFL.

2) Mark Sanchez - accused of attempted rape, then: "Sanchez was required to take a rape awareness class at USC. USC reinstated Sanchez but he remained subject to team-related discipline for underage drinking and using fake identification on the night he was arrested. Sanchez had been previously detained but not arrested by USC's Department of Public Safety for allegedly breaking a window at a fraternity party."

Sounds like he has followed well in footsteps as Leinart. And he got advice about the nfl draft from Leinart, goodness. And, some loser team might take him #1 overall, yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Wait a minute, that must be the Detroit Lions.

I think Pete Carroll saw in Sanchez exactly what he saw in Leinart. That is why he is so sure Sanchez will fail, just like Leinart.

Perhaps we should start some bets about what kind of model citizen things the next QB at Thug U will be involved in.

birddog
1/17/2009, 07:27 AM
(Booty never impressed me as much as Sanchez, anyway)

you're more impressed by a dirty sanchez than booty? that's perverse!

Sooner70
1/17/2009, 08:57 AM
I guess I must be missing something. I watched the video & listened to Pete Carroll & all I got out of it was he appeared to honestly state his opinion, which seems not far off of what Stoops is saying on early outs to NFL. Carroll seems to know about QB's in the NFL & what's looked at. I guess I'm not seeing a devious, scumbag Pete as others do, but maybe I'm naive in a real sense. I do think allowing OJ to come to practice is a ultimate dumb thing to do, though, if he was the decision maker on that.

1/17/2009, 10:40 AM
you're more impressed by a dirty sanchez than booty? that's perverse!You live in Michigan. That's unimaginable.

badger
1/17/2009, 11:08 AM
This is just about exactly what Pete said yesterday. I don't see the difference.

No, Pete said that 62 percent of underclass quarterbacks that declare early for the NFL fail. I think that's a lot different than saying Stoops saying he disagreed with Jimmy Wilkerson but that he supports his decision fully, especially considering Wilkerson's family financial situation at the time. Jimmy couldn't afford to stay in college another year because of how his family was doing, from what I heard. It wasn't a greed move, it was a necessity, and that's why Stoops supported it fully.

Pete did NOT support Sanchez's decision and made him out to look like a punk. I think the underlying issue is that whether or not it's good for the Pac 10, Pete Carroll does not think he can continue his Rose Bowl streak and Pac 10 championship streak with Mitch Mustain and lord knows he doesn't want to put a true freshman in under center. That's just not his style.

Stoops > Carroll. The end.

Dan Thompson
1/17/2009, 11:45 AM
I heard that Sanchez declared only after Sam said he was saying, not to mention a few other QBs. Remember Sanchez has only started 16 games.

I thought it was funny, in a stupid way, that someone said Sam was smart to come back because he had only started 24? games.

Pete got his pete in a bind, most of his defensive back have left, his OC has gone to Washington, and his QB has gone. Sanchez took almost all the snaps last year, so the backups don't have much playing time.

Dan Thompson
1/17/2009, 11:50 AM
I heard that Sanchez declared only after Sam said he was saying, not to mention a few other QBs. Remember Sanchez has only started 16 games.

I thought it was funny, in a stupid way, that someone said Sam was smart to come back because he had only started 24? games.

Pete got his pete in a bind, most of his defensive back have left, his OC has gone to Washington, and his QB has gone. Sanchez took almost all the snaps last year, so the backups don't have much playing time.

Spray
1/17/2009, 05:57 PM
No, Pete said that 62 percent of underclass quarterbacks that declare early for the NFL fail. I think that's a lot different than saying Stoops saying he disagreed with Jimmy Wilkerson but that he supports his decision fully, especially considering Wilkerson's family financial situation at the time. Jimmy couldn't afford to stay in college another year because of how his family was doing, from what I heard. It wasn't a greed move, it was a necessity, and that's why Stoops supported it fully.

Pete did NOT support Sanchez's decision and made him out to look like a punk. I think the underlying issue is that whether or not it's good for the Pac 10, Pete Carroll does not think he can continue his Rose Bowl streak and Pac 10 championship streak with Mitch Mustain and lord knows he doesn't want to put a true freshman in under center. That's just not his style.

Stoops > Carroll. The end.

And you're reading entirely too much into it. Neither Bob nor Pete agreed with decision, and both DID say they wish only the best for the player. The end.

goingoneight
1/17/2009, 09:42 PM
Sanchez has battled fans dissing him and knee injuries all throughout his career. He had the accused rape incident that seems to have been successfully swept under the rug for now, so he's probably thinking his stock is as high as it's going to get with Colt McCoy (definitely: graduation) and Sam likely both out next year.

If I were Mark S, I wouldn't be too concerned with Stafford. Sanchez has the USC factor working in his favor. Palmer, Leinart, Booty and even Cassell have all said playing for PC impresses QB scouts. Plus, Stafford in year three looks like Bomar in year one. Throws one ball, fast ball every time, and takes off way too early.

DreamZ22
1/17/2009, 10:02 PM
As much I do or dont like PC- wasnt he a Head Coach in the NFL? Could PC also kinda know what the NFL likes in a QB. Just sayin

soonerfan28
1/17/2009, 10:04 PM
Sanchez has battled fans dissing him and knee injuries all throughout his career. He had the accused rape incident that seems to have been successfully swept under the rug for now, so he's probably thinking his stock is as high as it's going to get with Colt McCoy (definitely: graduation) and Sam likely both out next year.

If I were Mark S, I wouldn't be too concerned with Stafford. Sanchez has the USC factor working in his favor. Palmer, Leinart, Booty and even Cassell have all said playing for PC impresses QB scouts. Plus, Stafford in year three looks like Bomar in year one. Throws one ball, fast ball every time, and takes off way too early.

I don't know why playing for Carroll would impress any QB scout. It wasn't like he could coach at that level. He was a failure as a HC coach at both NY and NE.

The Remnant
1/18/2009, 12:10 PM
Was the development of Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel, and Matt Leinart at SC due to the excellent coaching of Pete Carroll or Norm Chow?

007sooner
1/19/2009, 12:16 AM
yeah, Matt Leinart's performance this season, really impressive! his team is going to the super bowl!!!!

of course, he's gonna watch it from the sidelines.

loving it.

badger
1/19/2009, 06:24 AM
yeah, Matt Leinart's performance this season, really impressive! his team is going to the super bowl!!!!

loving it.

Did you see how Matt Leinart tried to sneak into getting a postgame interview on the podium yesterday? Or perhaps he was carrying Kurt Warner's bags for him as he spoke and held the NFC trophy?

It was a funny sight to behold. Leinart celebrating for doing absolutely nothing all season long. This dipshizzle's gonna get himself a Super Bowl ring for holding a clipboard :rolleyes:

Oh, and I have no manly desire for the last word in an argument, Spray, cuz I'm not a man and not even close to age 40, so if you can't keep your Sooner blinders on long enough to hate on Carroll, that's fine. I hate him enough (in a football fan's way) for both of us. If "scumbagf" was a word, it would describe Carroll perfectly, IMHO.

Sooner70
1/19/2009, 07:27 AM
On second thought, I could see how this thread got started. PC is a knowledgeable coach with NFL experience, so his opinion does carry weight. However, publicly "calling out" his QB on this at the time he declared wasn't good timing. I'd agree that Stoops would never do this....Bob isn't into embarrassing his players publicly. Bob might state his opinion, but it'd be in a different venue, different time that wasn't so pointed to the guy. The only caveat is if PC told Sanchez beforehand & it was an agreed thing among MEN, as Mike Gundy would say.

Spray
1/19/2009, 10:28 AM
Oh, and I have no manly desire for the last word in an argument, Spray, cuz I'm not a man and not even close to age 40, so if you can't keep your Sooner blinders on long enough to hate on Carroll, that's fine. I hate him enough (in a football fan's way) for both of us. If "scumbagf" was a word, it would describe Carroll perfectly, IMHO.

Heh. Can't argue with that! (And this is sincere, not a last word attempt. ;))

birddog
1/19/2009, 11:05 AM
You live in Michigan. That's unimaginable.

actually i live in teh OKC but thanks.

SoonersEnFuego
1/19/2009, 04:44 PM
I prefer to use the name Snachez.

SOONER STEAKER
1/19/2009, 04:47 PM

loving it.

Matt looks really good carrying the clipboard!!;)

BoulderSooner79
1/19/2009, 05:03 PM
Pete's reaction to Sanchez going pro really surprised me. The kid had stayed for 4 years in the program and will leave with a degree. I've see a couple of bio's on Sanchez and he is active in the community and has become a real role model for Latino kids. On the surface, this is the type of kid any coach would want in their program and such behavior by Pete could discourage future kids. PC may be sincere in telling Sanchez that 1 year at starter is not enough, but that's as far as it should go. It's Pete's fault that he played J.D. Booty ahead of Sanchez and only got a year. Sanchez always looked like he more potential to me and his play this year was better than Booty's best.

The bottom line is it came across as Pete being angry that he has a QB issue next season. Well, when you recruit highly rated players some of them are going to the NFL early - you have to plan for it.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/19/2009, 06:05 PM
I hate threads with obvious Titles. Including examples like
Water=Wet
$299=Iphone 16 GB
Drunkytown=Olevet