PDA

View Full Version : Plane Crash

olevetonahill
1/15/2009, 04:31 PM
In NY
they sayin No deaths that they know of yet .
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090115/ap_on_re_us/plane_in_river

OUHOMER
1/15/2009, 04:33 PM
turn on the TV VET :D

olevetonahill
1/15/2009, 04:37 PM
turn on the TV VET :D

I dont ever think about TV unless we Playin Football :O

Hot Rod
1/15/2009, 04:39 PM
Not cool.

Viking Kitten
1/15/2009, 04:56 PM
Check this out: http://twitpic.com/135xa. Passengers on the ferries rescuing crash victims are sending out pics from the scene.

proud gonzo
1/15/2009, 04:59 PM
who the **** keeps one-starring all of vet's threads? :mad:

bri
1/15/2009, 05:10 PM
Twitter gets the scoop?

We've officially gotten out of hand with technology.

BudSooner
1/15/2009, 07:36 PM
This reminded me of the 1982 crash in the Potomac, scary stuff.
Which btw, happened 27yrs ago January 13th.

olevetonahill
1/15/2009, 08:00 PM
This reminded me of the 1982 crash in the Potomac, scary stuff.
Which btw, happened 27yrs ago January 13th.

How do you avoid a catastrophe? You Have a Great Pilot and He Misses that Bridge . Plus Level Headed Passengers.
Could Have VERY bad .

BudSooner
1/15/2009, 08:05 PM
How do you avoid a catastrophe? You Have a Great Pilot and He Misses that Bridge . Plus Level Headed Passengers.
Could Have VERY bad .
Correction, you have an amazing pilot and the big guy upstairs as copilot, one overcorretion on angle of the plane going down and everyone dies.
Well, I don't know how much control you have as the plane going down but he had to have some..enough that the plane didn't shear off the wings and allow the craft to stay intact until the passengers got off of it.

Frozen Sooner
1/15/2009, 08:07 PM
That pilot has nuts of steel and a steady hand.

olevetonahill
1/16/2009, 08:44 AM
Correction, you have an amazing pilot and the big guy upstairs as copilot, one overcorretion on angle of the plane going down and everyone dies.
Well, I don't know how much control you have as the plane going down but he had to have some..enough that the plane didn't shear off the wings and allow the craft to stay intact until the passengers got off of it.

What I understand e Had Fameout On Two Engines , Dont Leave Much to control with on an Airbus . But it was enough for Him to Bring it safely into the drink .
MY 1st Hour In the Air that was drilled into My head .
You Lost Yer engine , what you gonna do?
Try to Control the AC to a safe Landing .;)

olevetonahill
1/16/2009, 08:50 AM
Man He flew the F4s Back in da Day
Its Training , Experience and Practice .
Heres a Link
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090116/ap_on_re_us/plane_in_river_pilot

1890MilesToNorman
1/16/2009, 05:38 PM
A couple hours ago there was an article stating the left engine was missing, now they are saying both engines are missing. I wonder if they fell off in the air or in the water?

Amazing

BudSooner
1/16/2009, 09:20 PM
Man He flew the F4s Back in da Day
Its Training , Experience and Practice .
Heres a Link
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090116/ap_on_re_us/plane_in_river_pilot

Seriously, this is the guy you want flying the plane when the **** hits the fan...srsly.
Flown F4's, gliders,hell he probably took the Wright brothers plane out for a joyride just to see what flying by the seat of your pants feels like.

Props to you sir, no pun intended.

King Crimson
1/16/2009, 09:24 PM
pretty amazing. though, not enough floatie rafts for all the passengers?

texas bandman
1/16/2009, 11:05 PM
But the news said it only took three minutes for the first ferry to get there. Those people were so fortunate.

Flagstaffsooner
1/17/2009, 01:31 AM
That was some ballsy flying. I've tried it on my Flight Simulator 2004 in a 737 a few times and I didn't do quite as well as that pilot.

yermom
1/17/2009, 01:07 PM
maybe it's easier in real life :D

that whole thing was badass. of course NYC is probably the best place it could have happened

olevetonahill
1/17/2009, 01:22 PM
maybe it's easier in real life :D

that whole thing was badass. of course NYC is probably the best place it could have happened

Flag Flies Drunk . Nuff said :D

Viking Kitten
1/18/2009, 11:19 AM
A really great article just came off the AP wire about the crash and how Captain Nutsofsteel and the flight crew reacted. The whole bunch of 'em ought to get big ol' medals pinned on them.

Linkage. (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PLANE_SPLASHDOWN_COCKPIT_DRAMA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

Sullenberger reasoned that his jet was "too low, too slow" and near too many tall buildings to reach any airport. And heading for Teterboro would mean risking a "catastrophic" crash in a populated neighborhood.

"We can't do it," he told air traffic control. "We're gonna be in the Hudson."

BigRedJed
1/18/2009, 11:24 AM
...of course NYC is probably the best place it could have happened
That's a great point. Tons of ferry traffic everywhere (they're actually lucky one wasn't in the middle of the waterway when they were coming down), probably the best emergency response in the world... ...everybody in the whole situation was incredibly lucky, including the residents of the areas the plane would have tried to fly over if they had chosen to attempt that.

Well, everyone was lucky except for the pilot. I think he made his own damn luck. Tip o' the hat.

GrapevineSooner
1/18/2009, 01:30 PM
Props to Sully for making the right decision.

Though I will point out it's a lot easier to land a bird in a river that, at it's narrowest, is about half a mile wide as opposed to a runway that is 150 feet wide at Teterboro.

In other words, this was kind of a no brainer for him.

GrapevineSooner
1/18/2009, 01:36 PM
Also, notice the byline on the AP story?

By DAVID B. CARUSO
Associated Press Writer

You think he included his middle initial so as not to cause confusion with that other redheaded no talent *** actor by the same name? ;)

KC//CRIMSON
1/18/2009, 02:37 PM
Everyone should see this at least once. Amazing. True Hero.

One Hell Of A Tale

OPu0chBQeUk

u379BQIFk1U

eBNrPgTSrDA

KyiV3uGIYnE

T_v_P5fUGSo

sweavVGf1NM