PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't paying your taxes be a job requirement....

OklahomaTuba
1/15/2009, 04:07 PM
to be treasury secretary???

Geithner: I Take Full Responsibility for the Mistakes TurboTax Made

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/firstread/archive/2009/01/21/1754950.aspx

OUHOMER
1/15/2009, 04:43 PM
UMM, makes me want to puke. I guess he is part of the good ole boy network

Okla-homey
1/15/2009, 05:03 PM
Only if you are not a charter-member-to-be of the "historic" administration.

OklahomaTuba
1/15/2009, 05:06 PM
If by "historic" you mean "Bill Clinton's third term, now with more corruption!!" then you may just be right Homey!

I think its just a matter of time before his Chief of Staff/Blago and that Billary fund raising thing start to blow up.

Pricetag
1/15/2009, 05:55 PM
I think its just a matter of time before his Chief of Staff/Blago and that Billary fund raising thing start to blow up.
But whatever will you do until then?

soonerhubs
1/15/2009, 06:20 PM
Give the media a break. Charles Gibson already told me it was no big deal and that the big story is that we've been mean to all those people that want to kill Americans. Where are your priorities? ;)

OUHOMER
1/15/2009, 07:11 PM
Give the media a break. Charles Gibson already told me it was no big deal and that the big story is that we've been mean to all those people that want to kill Americans. Where are your priorities? ;)

LOL, I guess our guest at the resort in Cuba, didnt like they way we washed their hair. :eek:

1890MilesToNorman
1/15/2009, 07:23 PM
I'm going to reserve judgment until I see what this group brings to the . . .

The hell I am! I know what the hell they are all about. :mad:

Curly Bill
1/15/2009, 07:27 PM
Where are our usual Brack defenders to tell us this is all much ado about nothing, and to get over it, becase in case we forgot we lost the election?

AlbqSooner
1/16/2009, 07:34 AM
Not sure if paying your taxes should be a requirement to be Secretary of the Treasury, but it does seem reasonable, as head of the Department that includes the IRS, that you should know that you owe them.

85Sooner
1/16/2009, 07:42 AM
not if your a democrat

olevetonahill
1/16/2009, 08:08 AM
Not sure if paying your taxes should be a requirement to be Secretary of the Treasury, but it does seem reasonable, as head of the Department that includes the IRS, that you should know that you owe them.

It was an Honest $30,000 mistake . I wonder will he Get hit with Interest and Penalties ?
Now If ya Can Miss pay yer Taxes, are Yall sure he should be in charge of Taxes ?

SoonerProphet
1/16/2009, 09:31 AM
Sure is going to be a humorous watching the usual suspects bray about the chutzpah and law skirting of the incoming democratic president as they defend to the last the "amazing" accomplishments of the previous law skirting administration.

Condescending Sooner
1/16/2009, 09:42 AM
Sure is going to be a humorous watching the usual suspects bray about the chutzpah and law skirting of the incoming democratic president as they defend to the last the "amazing" accomplishments of the previous law skirting administration.

Almost as humorous as watching the usual suspects who were deeply troubled by every step Bush took now suddenly look the other way or defend actions by the messiah that would have caused an uproar in the last administration.

SoonerProphet
1/16/2009, 09:45 AM
Almost as humorous as watching the usual suspects who were deeply troubled by every step Bush took now suddenly look the other way or defend actions by the messiah that would have caused an uproar in the last administration.

Yep, down right comedy.

JohnnyMack
1/16/2009, 01:30 PM
Where are our usual Brack defenders to tell us this is all much ado about nothing, and to get over it, becase in case we forgot we lost the election?

I'm eating Whataburger.

Flagstaffsooner
1/16/2009, 02:05 PM
By the time this idiot's admin is over Jimmy Carter will be looking good.:(

Hopefully in four years from now we will find another Ronald Reagan.

Sooner_Bob
1/16/2009, 02:11 PM
I'm eating Whataburger.

Pffffft, I'm havin' Braum's.

mikeelikee
1/16/2009, 04:17 PM
My initial reaction to this story was, yes, it was concerning to me that a person nominated for that position would owe that much in taxes. However, upon further reflection, I have to admit there's something appealing about a guy overseeing the IRS that thinks it's OK to not pay taxes. :D

texas bandman
1/16/2009, 04:27 PM
Get over it you lost the election. :D

And unfortunately most of the powerful mover and shakers whether Republicans or Democrats in this country are wealthy so those taxes were probably a pittance and easily overlooked. I'm a Democrat and I don't think I could support his confirmation.

I'm sure gald most of you Repubs aren't bitter about the election. :D

Pricetag
1/16/2009, 04:28 PM
By the time this idiot's admin is over Jimmy Carter will be looking good.:(

Hopefully in four years from now we will find another Ronald Reagan.
Deep down, you know you won't. There isn't any more decent leadership in the Republican party than there is in the Democrat.

OklahomaTuba
1/16/2009, 04:40 PM
Clinton's third term is shaping up just about like I thought it would.

Vaevictis
1/16/2009, 08:17 PM

It could be that at least some of us (1) think it's not okay, but (2) think you guys have it covered, and don't feel the need to pile on.

I Am Right
1/17/2009, 10:32 AM
Biden said, " it is patriotic to pay taxes"

Cam
1/17/2009, 10:39 AM
Both sides are filled with liars and cheats. To think otherwise is doing nothing but burying your head in the sand. They're politicians. Their first instinct is to lie, cheat, and steal to get what they want.

85Sooner
1/18/2009, 11:32 AM
Deep down, you know you won't. There isn't any more decent leadership in the Republican party than there is in the Democrat.

The difference is the pubs throw their scoundrels under the bus and the dems hold them up high and that is a major difference.

IBleedCrimson
1/18/2009, 08:41 PM
The difference is the pubs throw their scoundrels under the bus and the dems hold them up high and that is a major difference.

SHOTS FIRED

TheHumanAlphabet
1/19/2009, 11:11 AM
For anyone but a Dem... IF this was a repub, they would be whining to high heaven...

SCOUT
1/19/2009, 11:55 AM
Very interesting indeed

OklahomaTuba
1/21/2009, 09:53 PM
TurboTax? I use Taxcut personally.