PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes they arent so silly

Flagstaffsooner
1/15/2009, 12:20 PM
Some of them sound a bit worried. (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5863350&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=)

The last time I read about how OU's offensive line was going to struggle because of graduation, on this very site by the way, was also the last time they beat us in Dallas.

Don't kid yourself.
The game in Dallas will be our toughest test by far next season. If you believe otherwise you are delusional.

boomermagic
1/15/2009, 12:45 PM
they have reason..:D

MrJimBeam
1/15/2009, 12:55 PM
According to that thread we're doomed.:texan:

85sooners
1/15/2009, 01:00 PM
:texan:

oupride
1/15/2009, 01:03 PM
Doomed.

Partial Qualifier
1/15/2009, 01:06 PM
In typical Horn fashion, they completely miss the crux of last year's RRS. They think they out-manned OU in the 4th.

Ive never seen any of them acknowledge they capitalized on Reynold's injury because their long-time favorite whipping boy Greg Davis called the best game of his life by going over the middle over.. and over.. and over, while we were trying to figure out how to deal with Reynolds' absence. I thought it was the best game Davis ever had, but they give zero credit to Davis.

Sure their defense played decent but ours couldn't get off the field once Reynolds left. Again, credit Greg Davis. Horn fans think they hit a triple when in reality they were 'born on 3rd base' in that game.

Dan Thompson
1/15/2009, 02:23 PM
OUr center is my biggest worry.

TXBOOMER
1/15/2009, 02:45 PM
OUr center is my biggest worry.

If that is our biggest worry, I think were good. Jason Hannan played great every time Coop got a little banged up which happened a few times this year including the texass game. Another year of spring ball and workouts we should be good plus I've heard positive comments about Ben Habern who was a true freshman this year.

texas needs to worry about us we had 9 new starters with limited experience on D and frankly OUr D was not very good early in the year. It dang sure wasn't good in that game after RR went down. The good news is we have 9 returning starters coming back with all of that experience on that D that was solid by the end of the year. Say what you want about Big 12 defenses, we have a chance to have a special Defense next year.

BoulderSooner79
1/15/2009, 02:51 PM
texas needs to worry about us we had 9 new starters with limited experience on D and frankly OUr D was not very good early in the year. It dang sure wasn't good in that game after RR went down. The good news is we have 9 returning starters coming back with all of that experience on that D that was solid by the end of the year. Say what you want about Big 12 defenses, we have a chance to have a special Defense next year.

Yep. Look at UF - they went 8-4 last year mostly because of the inexperience that had on defense. But that schooling those young guys got last year paid off big time this year (plus they found a great true freshman CB). I see us in a similar situation - lots more experience and on paper, and some good talent coming in off redshirts.

IBleedCrimson
1/15/2009, 03:45 PM
In typical Horn fashion, they completely miss the crux of last year's RRS. They think they out-manned OU in the 4th.

Ive never seen any of them acknowledge they capitalized on Reynold's injury because their long-time favorite whipping boy Greg Davis called the best game of his life by going over the middle over.. and over.. and over, while we were trying to figure out how to deal with Reynolds' absence. I thought it was the best game Davis ever had, but they give zero credit to Davis.

Sure their defense played decent but ours couldn't get off the field once Reynolds left. Again, credit Greg Davis. Horn fans think they hit a triple when in reality they were 'born on 3rd base' in that game.

what about "we're doomed" dont u understand ;)

Soonersince57
1/15/2009, 04:12 PM
Without even reading the thread, I bet someone over there says we're paying off Bradford and/or the others to come back.

Soonersince57
1/15/2009, 04:15 PM
Yep . . . sure enough.

Wulaw Horn says: Bradford was a moron for coming back and I can't believe Gresham came back. I wonder what they are paying him to get him to pass up first round NFL money.

sooner2b09
1/15/2009, 04:55 PM
Thats there answer if anyone ever comes back

"Big Red Sports and Imports bahahaha I'm a whorn fan and I suck"

Well thats what I hear them say at least

TXBOOMER
1/15/2009, 04:59 PM
Thats there answer if anyone ever comes back

"Big Red Sports and Imports bahahaha I'm a whorn fan and I suck"

Well thats what I hear them say at least

Speaking of Big Red Sports, I had on the radio today that Rhett Bomar may be a late first round or early second round draft pick.

47straight
1/15/2009, 05:12 PM
While I can't bring myself to visit whornfans.com, the busch league sports radio guys here, both the channel on UT's payroll and the channel who wants to be on UT's payroll, are saying "UT fans are actually happy to see Bradford back because they want to beat him again."

Right. 5 TD passes and you're happy to see him again.

oubose
1/15/2009, 06:48 PM
If were pay'n off Bradford you know that Mac is pay'n off mccoy just to get his rocks off. haha

I sure hope there looking forward to Bradford next year in Dallas, you know that Sammy needs to beat texas before his next heisman and going to the pro's.

mac brown SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrimsonJim
1/15/2009, 06:57 PM
Ok, I bit. Is that the same Lid that trolls our board here?

BoulderSooner79
1/15/2009, 07:28 PM
Don't be fooled, the horns are going to be very good next year. I fully expect them to be favored going into the game because they will breeze to 5-0. Will our young O-line and having both BYU and Miami(away), we may have some struggles early. Hopefully, but game 6, we are settled in.

AlbqSooner
1/15/2009, 08:56 PM
I am kinda thinking our 9 experienced defensive starters, TE, QB, et al, may enter the Cotton Bowl a tad bit pi##ed off after last October. However, as has been said, WE'RE DOOMED!

DMAFB_Sooner08
1/15/2009, 09:24 PM
Its crazy how all fans put their own spin on everything. Bill O'Reilly would not be happy with that spin zone

KC//CRIMSON
1/15/2009, 09:41 PM
"It is PREPOSTEROUS how OU got away with holding all season long. Mack needs to have a long talk with B12 refs over the off season. Its just not right. "

Doomed!

Flying Scotsman
1/15/2009, 09:48 PM
Call us the "Doomers" not the "Sooners"....<grin>

colleyvillesooner
1/15/2009, 09:52 PM
I love the "OU holds on every play and never get called" they ALWAYS bring up.

I forget, how many holding calls did we get in the MNC Game? Like, 1.

bluedogok
1/15/2009, 10:00 PM
"It is PREPOSTEROUS how OU got away with holding all season long. Mack needs to have a long talk with B12 refs over the off season. Its just not right. "

Doomed!
They don't realize just how little holding was called at all in the college game last year. Most on there are so myopic that they only see Whorn games, all they had to do is watch some other games and see that what OU's line (and theirs) did all season wasn't being called by officials of any conference. Wasn't that some of the talk before the BCS game? How OU's line wouldn't get to hold and they would be called on it all night? It didn't seem to happen then and watching football from 11am to midnight every Saturday I rarely saw holding called. It seemed like one of those things that was NOT a point of emphasis this season.

CrimsonJim
1/16/2009, 12:00 AM
Is that the same Lid that trolls our board here?

^ Ummmm, question please :O ^

budbarrybob
1/16/2009, 12:49 AM
Besides some inconceivable breakdown on UT's part, they have a 2 game schedule OU and OSU. Here it comes again... could another 3 way tie be looming in the future?

BTW it looks like UT is taking a patty cake stance in regards to the OOC schedule. Next year is freakin LAUGHABLE!!

Crucifax Autumn
1/16/2009, 11:26 AM
Yep, and it'll get 'em in the same spot they were this year.

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 12:40 PM
The complain about holding. I guess they missed the 2 or 3 ****ed up late hit calls that we got in Oct. They were lucky that those saved drives.