PDA

View Full Version : Now that Sam is coming back...

The Maestro
1/15/2009, 11:35 AM
...can you imagine what he is going to do to the record books? He may set a bar that can never be reached by another quarterback. With an AVERAGE season based on his first two years he is really looking at the following:

11,000 yards passing

120 TD passes

That is unbelievable. And I figure with a new line we will have to bring them about slowly, meaning lots of passing early on which will be good to break in our new receivers.

Man, I know a lot have said it, but can the season start today? Sure, we have something to prove next January, but this team is good enough to get back there. All I know is, you can't lose the battle if you are not in the fight. So get back next year and I can't wait to be in L.A.!!

MojoRisen
1/15/2009, 11:39 AM
Bradford has a realistic shot at the all time TD passing record that Harrell grabed this year.

I think he needs about 47 TD's total including any bowl game.

The Maestro
1/15/2009, 11:47 AM
Bradford has a realistic shot at the all time TD passing record that Harrell grabed this year.

I think he needs about 47 TD's total including any bowl game.

True, but I hope we don't need him to throw that many. Our run game should be dominant if the O-line comes together like I think it will. We need to stay balanced, not start getting Graham Harrell type numbers.

MojoRisen
1/15/2009, 11:53 AM
I see your point, but it wasn't like Brown and Murray weren't getting there's either. Murray caught a lot of TD's on little flares

Depending on how many points we score this year, he would need three less TD's than what we got this year.

He has 86 through two seasons avg of 43 - record is 132 I believe.

The Maestro
1/15/2009, 12:05 PM
Of course, there is always his senior season!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/15/2009, 12:52 PM
the biggest limitation on sam's numbers are going to be the WRs. i think we might see gresham with over 75 catches this year and the running backs at 40+ - very similar to 2002.

primetime43
1/15/2009, 01:02 PM
I want to see Sam take more snaps from center than the shotgun to bolster his draft status for 2010.