PDA

View Full Version : Break out players of next year

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 10:54 AM
on either side of the ball. I say that for sure Jameel Owens and Dejuan Miller. On defense I think that Quinton Carter is and easy pick and the maybe R.J Washington. Either Sam Proctor or Joseph Ibliloye at the other safety.

MojoRisen
1/15/2009, 10:57 AM
I didn't know Ibliloye was 6-4, any chance he grows into a fast Linebacker? I know his cover skills are good!

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 11:01 AM
He's like Pat Watkins of the Dallas Cowboys and previously of FSU. I think with the 25 LB's we have coming in this year :D we leave him and his heighth at safety.

Big John
1/15/2009, 11:01 AM
I didn't know Ibliloye was 6-4, any chance he grows into a fast Linebacker? I know his cover skills are good!

He fits perfectly into Nic Harris' spot as a saftey/linebacker hybrid type nickel back. I can see Proctor as the saftey and Ibliloye at nickel. I can also see Wort playing the nickel spot because of his great speed.

NormanPride
1/15/2009, 11:05 AM
Not too many opportunities for people to break out next year on D. We need another DT that can tear **** apart in the middle. Maybe Stacy McGee? Whoever is opposite McCoy will get lots of opportunities.

On O, we have two new WR spots open and our OL to replace. DeJuan Miller is the most awe-inspiring of the new WR, and Jameel Owens seems to like catching across the middle. We need a guy that isn't afraid of contact where the big boys play, and he may get the nod there.

LT Williams
LG Good
C Habern
RG Simmons
RT Jones

Is what the OL should look like, though Good and Habern may be switched and one of the other guys may pass Simmons. Jones is supposedly a beast, and both Habern and Good have gotten real playing time from injuries. All I want is for them to not mess up. They've got a great QB and RBs to make them look good.

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 11:10 AM
Does anybody other then myself see Calhoun getting Madu like snaps and Madu playing the slot?

XFollower
1/15/2009, 11:12 AM
Can we start the season now? Why do we have to wait?

oupride
1/15/2009, 11:14 AM
Does anybody other then myself see Calhoun getting Madu like snaps and Madu playing the slot?
You could be right and it appears we are thin at WR.

MojoRisen
1/15/2009, 11:16 AM
I think we will be 2 deep on the oline with heavy competition in the spring. Don't forget we have some 300+ pounders waiting for action. Donald Stephenson, Alex Williams and Corey Brandon & a 350 pound Juco transfer.

I also think Jason Hanah will win the Center Position putting Habern in competition for a guard spot.

Time for the Oline to get thier mean on and figure out who starts!

ArkanSooner
1/15/2009, 11:19 AM
I hope that Brandon Caleb has a big season. I really like that guy.

I'm excited to see what Jermie Calhoun can do.

And like everyone else, at least one of the new safeties (Carter, Ibiloye, Proctor, Jackson) is going to be a monster, I figure.