PDA

View Full Version : Realistic predictions for 09

adoniijahsooner
1/14/2009, 06:41 PM
Now that we know who we have coming back, what is the outlook for 2009?

We can win the championship if Kevin Wilson learns to make adjustments during the game. Which may mean sometimes scrapping the no-huddle and playing power football against some teams, or playing fast break football in some instances. With Clapp, Gresham, Edlridge, we can still cause alot of matchup problems.

Prediction:
Big 12 Champs
Florida vs Oklahoma rematch

JLEW1818
1/14/2009, 06:44 PM
now that sanchez left, i see usc losing 2+ games

preseason will look like this

1) Florida
2) Texas
3) Oklahoma
4) LSU
5) USC

adoniijahsooner
1/14/2009, 06:47 PM
now that sanchez left, i see usc losing 2+ games

preseason will look like this

1) Florida
2) Texas
3) Oklahoma
4) LSU
5) USC

LSU @ 4 is a little difficult to see. What do they have coming back next year?

soonerfan28
1/14/2009, 06:48 PM
Texas, Miami and Nebraska are going to be good games.
Texas-Toss up
Miami-Not where the should be in development under Shannon.
Nebraska-Further along then they should be under Pelini. Will be a good game, but only because it's in Lincoln.

JLEW1818
1/14/2009, 06:53 PM

got a lot of momentum coming back. Jefferson the qb had a great game against g tech... their RB is returning, and they have the number 1 recruiting class.

i don't really care about all that, but i don't see who could be put ahead of them?

and i hate to say it but les miles is a great coach ....

ArkanSooner
1/14/2009, 06:56 PM
Honestly, I can see anywhere between 0 and 4 losses. Miami, Nebraska, Texas, OSU, and BYU are all good enough to beat us if we don't play well.

It will just depend on how the four new linemen can come together.

Also, losing Nic and Lendy is going to hurt more than most people think, I'm afraid.

I'll say 10-2, 2nd place in the south, with another trip to a BCS (and please dear God, let us win one.)

OU_Sooners75
1/14/2009, 06:57 PM
Mark this down....

Florida will not make the BCS National Championship in the 2009-2010 school year.

OU_Sooners75
1/14/2009, 06:59 PM
Honestly, I can see anywhere between 0 and 4 losses. Miami, Nebraska, Texas, OSU, and BYU are all good enough to beat us if we don't play well.

It will just depend on how the four new linemen can come together.

Also, losing Nic and Lendy is going to hurt more than most people think, I'm afraid.

I'll say 10-2, 2nd place in the south, with another trip to a BCS (and please dear God, let us win one.)

Losing Harris will not hurt all that bad. Losing Holmes will.

The only thing I was impressed with when it comes to Nic Harris was his ability to run his mouth and be a thug on the field.

adoniijahsooner
Texas-Toss up
Nebraska-Further along then they should be under Pelini. Will be a good game, but only because it's in Lincoln.

Nebraska lost their QB and RB.

Miami may be an issue, because of their defense, so hopefully the line will be prepared.

Texas is going to go into next year overhyped and I feel we will murder those guys next year. They lost Roy Miller, Orakpo, Lamar Houston, and Henry Melton. That is alot of talent to lose from the d-line. Plus they lose Cosby who was everything to them.

Dan Thompson
Looks like Mike Stoops will have a good chance to beat USC this year and when the game is in Tucson next I think it UofA will be favored:)

JLEW1818
1/14/2009, 07:00 PM
FL could run the table, very easy schedule,.... but like always everybody usually loses 1 their not suppose to.

OU_Sooners75
1/14/2009, 07:02 PM
FL could run the table, very easy schedule,.... but like always everybody usually loses 1 their not suppose to.

Florida will still have to contend in the SEC!

SEC! SEC! SEC!

To be honest, how cocky they were headed into the NCG, I think Florida loses two next year because they will have a mind set like they will be entitled to be in the national championship game.

Watch...happens 99% of the time when a team returns intact from a championship season.

adoniijahsooner
1/14/2009, 07:04 PM

they play at ole miss, and jevan snead will be better and they get everyone back.

JLEW1818
1/14/2009, 07:09 PM
they play at ole miss, and jevan snead will be better and they get everyone back.

nope, not this year

http://www.secfootball.itgo.com/2009schedule.html

Dan Thompson
1/14/2009, 07:09 PM
Shipley is gone, he was a Sr.

JLEW1818
1/14/2009, 07:11 PM
but they do have to go to LSU

adoniijahsooner
1/14/2009, 07:11 PM

granted a medical redshirt.

JLEW1818
1/14/2009, 07:12 PM

got an extra year

adoniijahsooner
1/14/2009, 07:12 PM
their schedule looks awful.

JLEW1818
1/14/2009, 07:13 PM
damn LSU schedule looks hard ... lets hope the sec beats on each other

madillsoonerfan5353
1/14/2009, 07:16 PM

He's coming back, got a med. redshirt!!! He's a gamer, the texas and osu game should be good games along with the 2 non-con games! osu will be a tuff one, but it is in Norman!!!!:D

boomerborn79
1/14/2009, 07:22 PM
Any rumors on who we are going after for the 12th game? I say Olemiss they have an open for an away game on Oct.3. We need a home game.

JLEW1818
Florida schedule 2009

Charleston Southern
Troy
Tennessee
@ Kentucky
@LSU
Arkansas
@Mississippi State
Vs Georgia
Vandy
@ South Carolina
Florida International
Florida State

Texas schedule 2009

Louisiana-Monroe
@Wyoming
Central Florida
UTEP
Colorado
Vs Oklahoma
@Missouri
@Oklahoma State
Texas Tech
@Baylor
Kansas
@ Texas A&M

USC schedule 2009

San Jose State
@ Ohio State
@ Washington
Washington State
@ Cal
Arizona
@ Notre Dame
Oregon State
@ Oregon
@ Arizona State
Stanford
UCLA

Oklahoma Schedule 2009

Vs BYU
Tulsa
@Miami
(Open so far, will be a home game)
Baylor
Vs Texas
@Kansas
Kansas State
@Nebraska
Texas A&M
@Texas Tech
Oklahoma State

JLEW1818
Date Opponent Location (Arena) Time (CT) Results On the Air
Sat, Sep 05 Washington at Seattle, Wash. (Husky Stadium) TBA

Sat, Sep 12 Vanderbilt * Baton Rouge, La. (Tiger Stadium) TBA

Sat, Sep 19 UL-Lafayette Baton Rouge, La. (Tiger Stadium) TBA

Sat, Sep 26 Mississippi State * at Starkville, Miss. (Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field) TBA

Sat, Oct 03 Georgia * at Athens, Ga. (Sanford Stadium) TBA

Sat, Oct 10 Florida * Baton Rouge, La. (Tiger Stadium) TBA

Sat, Oct 24 Auburn * Baton Rouge, La. (Tiger Stadium) TBA

Sat, Oct 31 Tulane Baton Rouge, La. (Tiger Stadium) TBA

Sat, Nov 07 Alabama * at Tuscaloosa, Ala. (Bryant-Denny Stadium) TBA

Sat, Nov 14 Louisiana Tech Baton Rouge, La. (Tiger Stadium) TBA

Sat, Nov 21 Ole Miss * at Oxford, Miss. (Vaught-Hemingway Stadium) TBA

Sat, Nov 28 Arkansas * Baton Rouge, La. (Tiger Stadium)

JLEW1818
1/14/2009, 07:23 PM
thats LSU

cheezyq
1/14/2009, 07:36 PM

The only thing I was impressed with when it comes to Nic Harris was his ability to run his mouth and be a thug on the field.

I disagree. Both will hurt, to an extent. Nic was a leader and made numerous big plays. I disagree about the thuggery, too. Aside from the horsecollar on Crabtree, and the odd pullback on Harvin, all he's done is hit hard and make plays. He does run his mouth, but quite honestly, we need some cockiness on the defense.

With Franks and Jackson back, the entire front seven, and some guys who have experience at the safety position, I think our defense will be solid. The offense will be solid, and I think that we will junk the hurry up, since our OL probably won't be able to run it.

Unfortunately, despite our strength at RB and inexperience at OL, we're probably still going to run the spread and still struggle against good athletic teams.

Overall, 10-2
I think we still win the Big 12, and go back to the Fiesta. If the OL pulls it together quickly and we get consistent play at WR, we're back in the hunt for a championship.

cheezyq
1/14/2009, 07:43 PM
Florida will still have to contend in the SEC!

SEC! SEC! SEC!

To be honest, how cocky they were headed into the NCG, I think Florida loses two next year because they will have a mind set like they will be entitled to be in the national championship game.

Watch...happens 99% of the time when a team returns intact from a championship season.

I'd agree, but they have Tebow. All he has to do is throw a fit and cry at his teammates, and he'll cement his status as the most legendary leader in the history of the universe as they go 13-1 and win another championship.

;)

MojoRisen
1/14/2009, 08:04 PM
Not sure what is up with the crying stuff, I know emotion is one thing but crying... on National TV.

I think the O-line will be very good, they can work with the recievers all Summer with Sammy and Landry.

I see us running the table...

Florida's schedule is pretty easy - LSU may challenge them

OU Florida in the Rose Bowl MNC

SC is going to loose to the Buckeyes - I would put a lot of cash on that one.. or Columbus will go up in flames.

Toronto Sooner
1/14/2009, 08:08 PM
There is no way Texas beats us in 2008 without the TD on the punt return and Reynolds blowing a tire (regardless of any KW and BV issues). Our punt coverage has improved significantly and we have solidified the MLB position (and much stronger depth). Texas also lose all of their key stars of that 2008 RRR game, naming Cosby, Shipley and Orakpo. There is no way Texas wins the 2009 RRR game. If fact, if our O-line comes together alright then this game might not even be competitive. I don't see pass catching as being an issue. I think Gresham, Broyles and Caleb provides a solid foundation. Tunnell hasn't impressed me at all as yet, but I'm hoping he breaks out in 2009. I'm taking a wait and see approach on Owens, before forming an opinion. I think Dejuan Miller has monster potential at some point down the road. I always liked Travis Wilson's potential when he was at OU. Hopefully his brother, Corey Wilson, has some of that potential also. I think Sam Bradford will bring out the best of all the receivers in 2009, as he did in 2007 and 2008.

I also hope Sam's return dramatically increases our chances of getting R. Randle (the Julio Jones of this year's recruiting pool).

I don't see safety as being a problem either, as I like Q. Carter's game, and I feel comfortable that 1 of D. Jackson, Ibi and Proctor will step up and claim the 2nd safety position.

BoulderSooner79
1/14/2009, 08:26 PM
With Franks and Jackson back, the entire front seven, and some guys who have experience at the safety position, I think our defense will be solid. The offense will be solid, and I think that we will junk the hurry up, since our OL probably won't be able to run it.

Unfortunately, despite our strength at RB and inexperience at OL, we're probably still going to run the spread and still struggle against good athletic teams.

Overall, 10-2
I think we still win the Big 12, and go back to the Fiesta. If the OL pulls it together quickly and we get consistent play at WR, we're back in the hunt for a championship.

When you say hurry up, if you mean the no-huddle - I don't see KW going away from that. The offense just set an NCAA scoring record and Bradford is the key to make it work. The O-line and new receivers have spring and fall to get it down. I would expect some tweaking/polishing since this was the first year. For example, I would like to see them huddle in situations where they need to call 2 plays at once like the 2-minute drill.

I didn't see Franks and Jackson as being dominant at corner. I wouldn't be surprised if they are pushed pretty hard in camp for their starting position.

Our prospects for next year got a whole lot better with everyone coming back (knock wood no one changes their minds or other surprises like DM). The O-line will have to grow up fast, but we seem to have recruited well in that area the last couple of years. If we get a WR to step up and become a real big play threat and a MLB to emerge like RR did, we could be a real force by the end of the year.

BoulderSooner79
1/14/2009, 08:29 PM
Not sure what is up with the crying stuff, I know emotion is one thing but crying... on National TV.

What is this crying of which you speak ? :confused:

JLEW1818
1/14/2009, 08:30 PM
There is no way Texas beats us in 2008 without the TD on the punt return and Reynolds blowing a tire (regardless of any KW and BV issues). Our punt coverage has improved significantly and we have solidified the MLB position (and much stronger depth). Texas also lose all of their key stars of that 2008 RRR game, naming Cosby, Shipley and Orakpo. There is no way Texas wins the 2009 RRR game. If fact, if our O-line comes together alright then this game might not even be competitive. I don't see pass catching as being an issue. I think Gresham, Broyles and Caleb provides a solid foundation. Tunnell hasn't impressed me at all as yet, but I'm hoping he breaks out in 2009. I'm taking a wait and see approach on Owens, before forming an opinion. I think Dejuan Miller has monster potential at some point down the road. I always liked Travis Wilson's potential when he was at OU. Hopefully his brother, Corey Wilson, has some of that potential also. I think Sam Bradford will bring out the best of all the receivers in 2009, as he did in 2007 and 2008.

I also hope Sam's return dramatically increases our chances of getting R. Randle (the Julio Jones of this year's recruiting pool).

I don't see safety as being a problem either, as I like Q. Carter's game, and I feel comfortable that 1 of D. Jackson, Ibi and Proctor will step up and claim the 2nd safety position.

Shipley is back...so the bunk-bed butt buddies can still sleep together

JLEW1818
1/14/2009, 08:31 PM
I'd have to say besides the OLINE, I'm concerned with Ryan Broyles, he has kinda big shoes to feel, being the main guy

BoulderSooner79
1/14/2009, 08:47 PM
Looks like the horns will cruise into Dallas 5-0 and I strongly suspect they will be the heavy favorite. With our young O-line and new receivers, we may get tripped up once or have to win a nail-biter in non-conference, but the OU/UT game looks like the perfect time for that breakout game. After the BCS thing this season, the horn fans will be sooo hungry and sooo confident, it would be such a sweet win if we can pull it off.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
1/14/2009, 08:50 PM

I do think the Harris loss will hurt alittle. But I hate to say it I'm glad he is gone. He did bring the thug level of the team up a notch. He was good for a PF a game the horse-collar on Crabtree would have made TRRW proud, worst one I think I have ever seen. And the bad thing was you knew it was coming. As soon as Crabtree got into the open and Harris was running him down you could see it coming. I think he showed it there and then yanking on Tebow's leg. Then add a couple of hands worth of filthy face mask penalties. Dude had to be getting a bad rep around the league. When you have announcers asking if a play was dirty during a game its not good. Maybe its just me but I can do without players like that doesn't matter how much of a leader they were

JLEW1818
1/14/2009, 08:54 PM
NO way, have you ever heard Nic talk?? like in an interview???? he sounds more professional than Sam

olevetonahill
1/14/2009, 09:00 PM

Less Mileage
DUH :D

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
1/14/2009, 09:02 PM
NO way, have you ever heard Nic talk?? like in an interview???? he sounds more professional than Sam

Never heard him do an interview I'm just going by what I saw on the field. And from what I saw on the field he look like a thug and borderline dirty. When you stop being suprised when a player picks up a PF and are more suprised when he doesn't, thats a problem.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
1/14/2009, 09:04 PM
Less Mileage
DUH :D

FEAR THE HAT!!!:les:

olevetonahill
1/14/2009, 09:07 PM
Never heard him do an interview I'm just going by what I saw on the field. And from what I saw on the field he look like a thug and borderline dirty. When you stop being suprised when a player picks up a PF and are more suprised when he doesn't, thats a problem.

Are you for ****ing Real ?
Name the PFs that Nic got ?
The ones He deserved NOT that BS call .:rolleyes:

P3 Gator
1/14/2009, 09:08 PM
Texas-Toss up

Nebraska defense is going to be interesting with the Pelini bros. I think they'll really stir the Big 12 pot next year.

BoulderSooner79
1/14/2009, 09:18 PM

I don't remember all the flags you are talking about. I didn't like the Harvin thing either when I saw it live, but watching the replay closely, it was nothing. I did have big problems with the horse collar on Crabtree. Fortunately, Crabtree wasn't hurt and they got their flag, so justice was served. If Nic pulled a series of plays like that, I would agree with you, but that's the only one I can remember.

Toronto Sooner
1/14/2009, 09:30 PM
I didn't see Franks and Jackson as being dominant at corner. I wouldn't be surprised if they are pushed pretty hard in camp for their starting position.

I don't think Franks and Jackson were dominant either (at least not overall), but I thought they were very solid, especially late in the year against Tech, Mizzo and Tim Tebow and his butt grabbing circumsized Gaytors.

Actually, for the most part I think Franks and Jackson were dominant on down the field plays - big plays against them were very few. I thought they were very good as shut down corners on down the field plays - they were especially impressive against the top WRs in the country (Crabtree and Maclin, and somewhat limited Dez Bryant). Jackson struggled at times against the Kansas receiver, but improved since then. I actually felt that Franks and Jackson was the best combo corner team we've had here in years, perhaps since the D. Straight days (certainly better than last year).

I think Franks and Jackson are fixed at corner next year. We have a number of good young (high potential) corners behind them, but they will only be competing for back up roles. Franks and Jackson will be a big strength of our D next year, especially after the very valuable experiences gained this year.

OUinFLA
1/14/2009, 09:30 PM
we need kickers

A-M
1/14/2009, 09:39 PM
I don't think Franks and Jackson were dominant either (at least not overall), but I thought they were very solid, especially late in the year against Tech, Mizzo and The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah and his butt grabbing circumsized Gaytors.

I don't care who you are, this is funny!!

hobbes2702
1/14/2009, 09:39 PM
Texas is going to go into next year overhyped and I feel we will murder those guys next year. They lost Roy Miller, Orakpo, Lamar Houston, and Henry Melton. That is alot of talent to lose from the d-line. Plus they lose Cosby who was everything to them.

Houston returns but the other three leave. The pass rush will still be there with Sergio Kindle playing more DE and with Eddie Jones. The question will be run stopping as someone will have to step up at DT. The LBs will be the best set in the conference and the DBs should be much better with a year under their belt. If you really think you are gonna blow us out, especially with almost the entire O coming back and only losing 3 on D then you will be very surprised next October.

IBleedCrimson
1/14/2009, 09:44 PM
Mark this down....

Florida will not make the BCS National Championship in the 2009-2010 school year.

i wonder how many ppl actually mark things down when asked to mark something down

BoulderSooner79
1/14/2009, 09:48 PM
I think Franks and Jackson are fixed at corner next year. We have a number of good young (high potential) corners behind them, but they will only be competing for back up roles. Franks and Jackson will be a big strength of our D next year, especially after the very valuable experiences gained this year.

I didn't mean to sound too critical - I thought they were solid for the most part, just not dominating. I think Franks has real potential and could become a real lock-down cover guy. Jackson looked a step slow for corner at times. He was physical and good coming up for run support, but he looked lost in the open field on those Harvin runs. Of course, Harvin makes a lot of guys look lost. I'm not worried about corner and another year + competition from the young guys should make us stronger there.

BigGobbler
1/14/2009, 09:49 PM
Houston returns but the other three leave. The pass rush will still be there with Sergio Kindle playing more DE and with Eddie Jones. The question will be run stopping as someone will have to step up at DT. The LBs will be the best set in the conference and the DBs should be much better with a year under their belt. If you really think you are gonna blow us out, especially with almost the entire O coming back and only losing 3 on D then you will be very surprised next October.

Doubt it will be a blowout either way, but it is going to be one of the most hyped RRR games ever. Both teams will be looking for blood. Can't freaking wait!!!!

hobbes2702
1/14/2009, 09:59 PM
Completely agree Gobb. Both teams will be feeling disrespected and be looking to prove something. I expect more of a defensive battle next year. Not like a 10 - 7 game but like a 21 - 17 game. Should be a good one

JLEW1818
1/14/2009, 10:03 PM
**** anybody ready for the season to start?

Sooner in Tampa
1/14/2009, 10:08 PM
I will take my chances with OUr boys!!!!

****in A...bring on the season!!!!

TXBOOMER
1/14/2009, 10:10 PM
I think it will come down to texass like it does most years. OUr freakin defense should be absolutely great next year with all of these returning starters with another year of weights and spring ball. McCoy, Granger, English, Alexander, Beal, Lewis, Clayton, Franks, Jackson, (Reynolds, Balogun or Box). I can't remember ever having this many starters back. This defense really came on our last 4 or 5 games. We will score a bunch of points on offense with Sam, Jermaine, Eldridge, Clapp, Murray, Brown, Broyles, Williams, Simmons all back. This team will be very good. Based on returning starters we should have higher expectations for next year than we did at this time last year. BOOMER!

TXBOOMER
1/14/2009, 10:17 PM

Only 234 days to go. ;)

ArkanSooner
1/14/2009, 10:20 PM

No ****. It's time for redemption.

kevpks
1/14/2009, 10:21 PM
Undefeated. Victory over USC in Pasadena 55-3 for the National Championship. Someone look this post up when it happens next January.

ZookSucks
1/14/2009, 10:24 PM
ou should be in the mix again.

Crucifax Autumn
1/14/2009, 10:38 PM
We won't trail all season.

Closest anyone will come is saxet losing 46-2

Sooner in Tampa
1/14/2009, 10:46 PM
The offensive line is the key.

If they are half as good as this years squad...then we really have a chance for #8...no BS

Sooner in Tampa
1/14/2009, 10:50 PM
Personally...I want Harvin and Spikes to come back for UF...I want another shot!!!!!! They do NOT scare me.

bosworthsteroidmafia
1/14/2009, 11:04 PM
We better beat the **** out of texas next year.

Just sayin.

soonercastor
1/15/2009, 12:14 AM
lets start this **** already

olevetonahill
1/15/2009, 12:53 AM
we need kickers

Says our
http://www.filmwad.com/ul/841-550x-Ace%20Ventura.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
1/15/2009, 12:56 AM
As as been said in a sig around here...

I EXPECT to win!

sooner59
1/15/2009, 02:24 AM
Never have I had the feeling that our team is going to come back as intact (with special players) and pissed off as we will in 2009. I am already pumped up. The RRSO will be HUGE! The first 5 games will test our young guys alot. If we can make it through 5-0, I like our chances. If we beat the whorns, I say we are 13-0 going into the MNC. If we lose one before the RRSO, I say we are 10-2 going into bowl season. If we only lose to the whorns, I say we are 11-1 and likely on the outside looking in. We better beat the the whorns in 2009.

BoulderSooner79
1/15/2009, 07:23 AM
And to think this is the "Realistic predictions" thread. I wonder how the Unrealistic predictions thread would read. :D:D

Boomer Mooner
1/15/2009, 08:22 AM
And to think this is the "Realistic predictions" thread. I wonder how the Unrealistic predictions thread would read. :D:D

We win the championship AND the respect of the media.

Seriously, why shouldn't we expect to go all the way? After losing the big one (again) this year though we have to go undefeated. I agree with all the others who think we have a very good chance as long as we take care of Texas.

We have the talent, and almost more importantly, I think we will have the attitude required to go all the way.

85sooners
1/15/2009, 08:47 AM
:pop:

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
1/15/2009, 08:57 AM
I don't remember all the flags you are talking about. I didn't like the Harvin thing either when I saw it live, but watching the replay closely, it was nothing. I did have big problems with the horse collar on Crabtree. Fortunately, Crabtree wasn't hurt and they got their flag, so justice was served. If Nic pulled a series of plays like that, I would agree with you, but that's the only one I can remember.

The big one was the Crabtree one. Then it seems like I remember a nasty face mask in the Big XII game. Then he also got one in the NC game too. That doesn't include the Harvin thing that wasn't called. Probably didn't need to be but still doesn't help his personna. Maybe its just that after the Tech game I started to notice it more. I don't remember ones early in the season so maybe I am mistaken about his thuggery. But to me in the last 3-4 games of the season he seemed like he turned it up a notch

primetime43
1/15/2009, 09:19 AM
I can't wait to see this defense next year. This has to be our best D-line in the Stoops era. I'm not that worried about safety. Q. Carter will come and not miss a beat. On offense I don't think we'll be quite as dominate. The biggest area of concern for me is receiver. We lost a ton of experience there. Can R. Broyles continue to improve ala Mark Clayton? Is Tennel actually going to get on the field and perform? Ok Rueben Randle, Sam Bradford held up his end... now it's your turn!

oupride
1/15/2009, 09:26 AM
FL should go undefeated......however, everyone on their schedule will be gunnin for them.

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/15/2009, 09:46 AM

we go 18-0, scheduling 5 extra games and winning by a margin of 40-- just to prove a point. in the MNC, we play two teams at once and still win by 50.
they give us the crystal and some cristal, and erin andrews proposes to sammy on the 50!

jan. 8th is deemed national soonerday.

bob show'em the deuces and kicks urban meyers' dog.

boomer

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 10:35 AM
I am glad that Orakpo is gone. He is really the guy that gave us fits in the RRS. I think if they play Kindle at DE then the Texas LB's won't be the best in the Big 12. We have guys at evry postion coming back on D that have starting experience except for FS. Not to bad.

The Maestro
1/15/2009, 10:52 AM
Have Harvin and Spikes announced yet? Those would be big losses for Florida, namely Harvin. If we get to them again and we have Murray and they do NOT have Harvin, could be a seriously role reversal and hopefully we can cash in without penalties and weak play calling in the red zone.

Honestly, this team needs a game in the regular season where we are on the ropes and rally for a win. All of our wins in the Bradford era seem to be blowouts. Sam needs to show he can rally from behind because the title games usually require some sort of cajones to make a fourth quarter rally. I think the SEC title game helped Tebow tremendously while we steamrolled Missouri.

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 10:56 AM
Bradford had to rally a few time against OSU to keep the lead in good position.

BoulderSooner79
1/15/2009, 11:15 AM

And he had to trade scores in the '07 OU/UT game.

The Maestro
1/15/2009, 11:15 AM

Rally to keep lead and scoring on like 6 or 7 straight drives is not the same as being behind in the fourth quarter and having to make plays. It has been a LONG time since an OU team faced that and pulled it off.

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 11:24 AM
I guess we should just be a worse team. God forbid we beat the **** out of em'!

The Maestro
1/15/2009, 11:30 AM
I guess we should just be a worse team. God forbid we beat the **** out of em'!

I'm all for crushing everyone...as long as their is not a game where we find ourselves trailing in the 4th quarter and never have needed to rally and don't get it done. Kinda like Texas and Florida this year. You know, our only losses.

I do love that we get OSU at home and play at Tech the year they lose Crabtree and Harrell. We also get the Huskers breaking in a new QB in Lincoln.

OUMallen
1/15/2009, 11:33 AM
Vs BYU @ DAL 75% chance of win
Tulsa 80% chance of win
@Miami 70% chance of win
Oklahoma School of Sci and Math (Or equivalent) 90% chance of win
Baylor 80% chance of win
Vs Texas Until I see the OL and WRs, 45% chance of win
@Kansas 68% chance of win
Kansas State 85% chance of win
@Nebraska 65^ chance of win
Texas A&M 110% chance of win
@Texas Tech 55% chance of win
Oklahoma State 60% chance of win

We should be favored in every game except Texas. I like it. Depending on the OL, I expect to go something like 11-1 and hit a BCS game. 10-2 is still a fine season. 9-3 is pushing it. 8-4 would be a disaster.

BoulderSooner79
1/15/2009, 11:34 AM
My realistic prediction is that the OU/UT game will be one of the most hyped and hatred filled games in years. I'm talking about the fan bases here - the players always want to win, but don't get nearly so attached as us dumb fans. ;)

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 11:36 AM
Am I the only person who thinks that the Texas defense without Orakpo will be a lot less average. And Melton.

BoulderSooner79
1/15/2009, 11:42 AM
Am I the only person who thinks that the Texas defense without Orakpo will be a lot less average. And Melton.

I don't follow UT that closely, but I see a small, single-digit number next to their recruiting class rating every year. They must have some great athletes waiting for their turn at those positions and maybe future stars. It is easier to replace D lineman than O lineman if the talent is there. The D line doesn't have to work so closely as a unit as the O line does. I'm not saying they will have a star like Orakpo, but I expect them to be good. It will also be year 2 for their DC who definitely seemed to raise their level of play.

The Maestro
1/15/2009, 11:49 AM

I agree. Losing Orapko is big, not matter how good the recruiting classes are. Someone has to fill Cosby's shoes on offense as well. And they STILL don't have a big time running back.

UTsucks
1/15/2009, 11:50 AM

FL will lose 2 games

TT will get hurt and move to Manila

TUSooner
1/15/2009, 11:55 AM
I'm naturally cautious and pessimistic, and arguably even cowardly. I like to keep my expectations low so I won't be too disappointed when disaster inevitably strikes. So I'll conservatively predict that we

GO UNDEFEATED AND WIN MNC #8 !

Yeah, baby!

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 12:36 PM
Yea I think when that one guy who's name completely escapes me right now decide to go to CU rather then Texas that hurt them in the backfield. They still don't have the premiere back that they've had in the past but I think that the experience of the O-line will be able to mask that until they play a D-line that can match up if not dominate them (OU) so they are going to be 1 dementional. Dan Buckner may have to be the one to step up for them at the other reciever. Hopefully it won't be 2000 or 2003. Nevermind, I hope we beat em by 50.

hobbes2702
1/15/2009, 12:37 PM
I am glad that Orakpo is gone. He is really the guy that gave us fits in the RRS. I think if they play Kindle at DE then the Texas LB's won't be the best in the Big 12. We have guys at evry postion coming back on D that have starting experience except for FS. Not to bad.

Even if Kindle plays full time DE Texas will still have the best set of LBs in the league. Keenan Robinson is a spitting image of Derrick Johnson which is really the only thing this LB core is missing. They have their big run stopper with Jared Norton, they have their all around guy in Muckleroy, and with Robinson they will have their coverage guy. And losing Melton and Orakpo won't hurt that bad because we have Sergio Kindle (who had 10 sacks this year only playing part time DE) and Eddie Jones (5* recruit now entering his Junior Year) and Sam Acho who had 3 sacks as Orakpo's backup (Melton only had 4). The biggest loss is Miller. Lamarr Houston is gonna have to get better in his pass rushing. This year was his first year at DT though so I expect he will play better.

BoulderSooner79
1/15/2009, 12:57 PM
Darrell Scott is the kid that came up here to play RB at CU. He didn't do much this year and was beat-out by another true freshman for the starting job. I think he had some nagging injuries, but apparently Scott came to camp out of shape.

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 01:28 PM
I think our LB's have as much of a shot as being the best in the league if not the country. Here's a little comparison.
R.Muckelroy
112 Tackles w/4 TFL,1FF,1FR
T.Lewis
144 Tackles,12 TFL,1FF,4INT's
R.Bobino
39T,1TFL,1FR
A.Box
36T,6.5TFL,1INT
K.Robinson
24T,2TFL
K.Clayton
82T,10TFL,6FF,1INT
If we're going to go by last years stats then we have the best LB's for 2009.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/15/2009, 03:46 PM
Those 3 first round picks didn't come back to go 10-2. It's put up or shut up time! 14-0 NC!

Remembering Tom Stidham
1/15/2009, 04:38 PM
I thought it was Cosby, not Shipley, who got the medical redshirt.

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 05:13 PM
I thought it was Cosby, not Shipley, who got the medical redshirt.

It was Shipley. Cosby has been on ESPN talking about getting ready for the combines.
http://www.insidetexas.com/news/story.php?article=660

adoniijahsooner
1/15/2009, 06:15 PM
Even if Kindle plays full time DE Texas will still have the best set of LBs in the league. Keenan Robinson is a spitting image of Derrick Johnson which is really the only thing this LB core is missing. They have their big run stopper with Jared Norton, they have their all around guy in Muckleroy, and with Robinson they will have their coverage guy. And losing Melton and Orakpo won't hurt that bad because we have Sergio Kindle (who had 10 sacks this year only playing part time DE) and Eddie Jones (5* recruit now entering his Junior Year) and Sam Acho who had 3 sacks as Orakpo's backup (Melton only had 4). The biggest loss is Miller. Lamarr Houston is gonna have to get better in his pass rushing. This year was his first year at DT though so I expect he will play better.

If you know anything about football, even the best linebackers struggle without a great d-line. Roy miller and Orakpo opened things up for your linebackers to be productive, because they took up blockers that normally would be on their way to the linebackers.

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 06:23 PM
If you know anything about football, even the best linebackers struggle without a great d-line. Roy miller and Orakpo opened things up for your linebackers to be productive, because they took up blockers that normally would be on their way to the linebackers. And we'll have that next year.
Fixed

josh09
1/15/2009, 07:12 PM
We will win the NC next year, now that Sam is coming back. We will win every game during the regular season by the score of 45-35, and then beat Florida in a rematch, 24-14.

:D

josh09
1/15/2009, 07:14 PM
But seriously, I think the Texas game next year is do or die. I dont think anyone in the Big 12 can beat us besides texas, and i dont think anyone in the Big 12 can beat texas besides us. If we beat texas, I think we will get to the National Title game. And win it, this time. Florida wont be as strong, and SUC is losing people. Other than that, I think it's too early to judge any other teams.

47Wins
1/15/2009, 07:26 PM
Undefeated regular season, tough Big 12 championship game, on to the NCG where we win. Five NCG in ten years, win two and that's 40% of the games attempted. Means we're batting .400, batting .300 will get into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

UteSooner
1/15/2009, 08:01 PM
When we win the Big 12 next year (again), the entire state of Texas will experience a nervous breakdown.

It will be beautiful.

Curly Bill
1/15/2009, 08:03 PM
When we win the Big 12 next year (again), the entire state of Texas will experience a nervous breakdown.

It will be beautiful.

Nope, lots of Sooner fans down here who will be just fine.

Crucifax Autumn
1/15/2009, 10:03 PM
I always was when I lived there, but I can honestly say that way out here in Vegas people are more Sooner friendly than anywhere else I've lived since OK. I see Sooner gear on people everywhere, bumper stickers and license plate frames everywhere, and always get compliments on my caps and shirts.

Blues1
1/16/2009, 01:00 AM
2009 ~~~We are on a Mission from God ~~~~ Rose Bowl
Oklahoma vs Ohio State
Sooners 44 - Ohio State 9 (Three Field Goals)

Soonerfans.com Has a melt Down For 2 days ~~~~ :)

BASSooner
1/16/2009, 03:34 AM
But seriously, I think the Texas game next year is do or die. I dont think anyone in the Big 12 can beat us besides texas, and i dont think anyone in the Big 12 can beat texas besides us. If we beat texas, I think we will get to the National Title game. And win it, this time. Florida wont be as strong, and SUC is losing people. Other than that, I think it's too early to judge any other teams.

I don't think USC will make it.

Florida can definitely make it again. Their schedule is eaaassyyy unless LSU, FSU, and Miami find a way to rip em a new one.

Heres the thing that is going to be interesting, the RRR will be, like you said, do or die. Both teams will be angry as hell. One team will feel the need to win big for being "cheated out" the other will be frustrated and hungrier for a national championship win.

Heres how I see it. IF we beat texass, we're in and we have a better chance at winning in the bcs than the one against florida. OUr defense is going to be absolutely sickening. Almost too much depth in every position and the quality of the depth is frightening too

However, everything is going to narrow down to two things, OUr secondary's performance. We've had a good season but they still, to this day remain inconsistent. Most importantly, the offensive line. If we reload and not rebuild, we're golden. Sky is the limit

OUmillenium
1/16/2009, 11:03 AM
we go 18-0, scheduling 5 extra games and winning by a margin of 40-- just to prove a point. in the MNC, we play two teams at once and still win by 50.
they give us the crystal and some cristal, and erin andrews proposes to sammy on the 50!

jan. 8th is deemed national soonerday.

bob show'em the deuces and kicks urban meyers' dog.

boomer

Already a post of the year candidate!!!!