PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 active coaches...

OU_Sooners75
1/14/2009, 06:26 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/110709-the-top-10-active-college-football-coaches

Keep in mind, when I wrote this article, I was using the last five year, not their overall careers.

Leave a comment. If you have not signed up at bleacher report, do so...it is fun.

ZookSucks
1/14/2009, 10:28 PM
didn't realize mack brown's winning percentage was so low.

hobbes2702
1/14/2009, 10:41 PM
Yea he wasn't all that good minus a few years at UNC. He has been amazing at Texas though in terms of winning %

sooner59
1/14/2009, 11:14 PM
Seems pretty fair. I can't disagree, Meyer is a great coach. Carol is more the product of his program (not hard to recruit 5 star players to sunshine, palm trees and celebrities in L.A.). Bob takes his place where he will always be in history.....ahead of Mack Brown.

hobbes2702
1/14/2009, 11:19 PM
If Mack wins the MNC next year then he will be ahead of "Big Game" Bob

sooner59
1/14/2009, 11:31 PM
And if Bob wins the MNC, he will have 7 CCs and 2 MNCs to Mack's 1 CC and 1 MNC.

hobbes2702
1/14/2009, 11:35 PM
Based on the team yall have coming back I don't think yall will be getting a MNC. Yall have a good team but Sam is gonna have more trouble behind a new OLine

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/14/2009, 11:48 PM
Based on the team yall have coming back I don't think yall will be getting a MNC. Yall have a good team but Sam is gonna have more trouble behind a new OLineThey got more room for you over on a whorn board.

Crucifax Autumn
1/15/2009, 01:08 AM
If Mack wins the MNC next year then he will be ahead of "Big Game" Bob

Ahead in what??????? BCS Championships? How many has saxet played for???

Dumazz

sooner59
1/15/2009, 01:56 AM
I said it in another thread. I am going on record saying that I think people are underestimating our young linemen waiting their turn.

boomersooner28
1/15/2009, 02:01 AM
Mine would be:

1) Meyer
2) Saban
3) Petey
4) Stoops
5) Tressel
6) Mack
7) Paterno
8) Beamer
9) Belotti
10) Paul Johnson

Crucifax Autumn
1/15/2009, 02:07 AM
STOOPS!

Bitches!

sooner59
1/15/2009, 02:11 AM
Mine would be:

1) Meyer
2) Saban
3) Petey
4) Stoops
5) Tressel
6) Mack
7) Paterno
8) Beamer
9) Belotti
10) Paul Johnson

The only place I disagree is the placement of Saban and Petey. Based on what they have all done in the NCAA, Stoops looks better than Saban. Yeah Bob lost to Saban, but they both have 1 MNC, which is a push, but Bob's 2000 team did more with less than the 2008 Bama team did coming off "decent" seasons. Then the rest of Bob's resume trumps Sabans. Petey loses my respect for several reasons. First of all he plays in the PAC 10, then he doesn't have to even try to recruit....USC/L.A. does it for him, and he only has 1 crystal ball. I would put Bob "at least" even/on par with each of them. Whether he is above them or not with his "less than stellar bowl record" is debatable, but overall resume says at least "on par" to me. Urban Meyer has (for the moment) earned his spot. With what he did at Utah and Florida, he gets my respect.

OU_Sooners75
1/15/2009, 02:27 AM
Based on the team yall have coming back I don't think yall will be getting a MNC. Yall have a good team but Sam is gonna have more trouble behind a new OLine

Whereas Texas has to place their entire dline.

OU's problem will be we do not know if the kids will be able to handle the pressure.

However, OU will not be with just one Oline with starting experience in D-1A football. Jarvis Jones who will most likely be our left side guard has 4 games starting exerience and played in all 14 games for LSU in 2007.

One last thing about OU's oline problem...It is much like a problem we thought we had in 2007 when we had to replace 4 Olinemen as well. In case you haven't paid attention to your rivals, we have had some very good Oline recruits coming in the last 2 years and with the incoming class that we couldbe receiving, it is a problem I am welcoming.

The problem with our OLine in 2007 and 2008, I think they got a little complacent since they did not have competition for who would be pushing them as starters. The next two years we will have that. It usually translate into a much better Oline when you have that competition.

OU_Sooners75
1/15/2009, 02:29 AM
Mine would be:

1) Meyer
2) Saban
3) Petey
4) Stoops
5) Tressel
6) Mack
7) Paterno
8) Beamer
9) Belotti
10) Paul Johnson

Saban does not deserve to be top 5 right now.

The only thing has was able to do was keep kids in Lousiana while at LSU. He is starting to keep kids in Alabama now at Bama. He is not a bad coach. But there are better coaches that have continued to have success.

olevetonahill
1/15/2009, 02:43 AM
Heres Mine
as I try to type thru My Crimson glasses
#1 Bob
#2 Stoops
# 3 Bob
#s 4 thru eternity
BOB STOOPS .
Jes sayin .:D

hobbes2702
1/15/2009, 12:24 PM
Whereas Texas has to place their entire dline.

OU's problem will be we do not know if the kids will be able to handle the pressure.

However, OU will not be with just one Oline with starting experience in D-1A football. Jarvis Jones who will most likely be our left side guard has 4 games starting exerience and played in all 14 games for LSU in 2007.

One last thing about OU's oline problem...It is much like a problem we thought we had in 2007 when we had to replace 4 Olinemen as well. In case you haven't paid attention to your rivals, we have had some very good Oline recruits coming in the last 2 years and with the incoming class that we couldbe receiving, it is a problem I am welcoming.

The problem with our OLine in 2007 and 2008, I think they got a little complacent since they did not have competition for who would be pushing them as starters. The next two years we will have that. It usually translate into a much better Oline when you have that competition.

I agree with you. My other post came off a little pretentious which is not what I intended. Yall will have a good team. The OLine has plenty of players but it will be about whether or not they gel and are up to the pressure by the time of the RRS. They should be a dominant OLine by the end of the season but the question will be whether or not that happens by the 6th game of the season.

And to the guy who said the thing about the Texas DLine, replacing a DLine is much easier than replacing an OLine. The Oline has to work together more than the DLine. You can get by with simply being talented and athletic. You can't do that on the OLine. We have one starter coming back (Lamarr Houston) at DT and Sergio Kindle should play DE almost exclusively this year. So the DLine does not lose as much as most think. We lose Orakpo and Miller. Miller will be a bigger loss then Orakpo. We lose Orakpo's sacks but Sergio Kindle had 10 sacks last year and should have more as a full time DE. Miller will be tough to replace because of his smarts and football knowledge. Those are the only guys we lose on D though. Technically we lose Palmer in the secondary but he played less than all three of his backups. He got to start every game because he was a senior but Deon Beasley and Curtis Brown all got much more PT.

Cappy
1/15/2009, 12:32 PM
STOOPS!

Bitches!

This

and it should be added that Bitches ain't sh*t ;)

oudivesherpa
1/15/2009, 01:23 PM
Stoops record is even more amazing when you consider who he followed, Blake and semllofburbon.