PDA

View Full Version : Trent Williams is Returning!

sooner2b09
1/14/2009, 03:10 PM
Come on Sammy follow your teamates.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3832957

Williams to return to Oklahoma
Comment Email Print
By Joe Schad
ESPN.com
Archive

Offensive tackle Trent Williams said Wednesday he will return to Oklahoma for another season.

Williams, 6-foot-5, 308 pounds, graded out as Oklahoma's best offensive lineman throughout this season, according to coaches.

It will be interesting to see if Williams' return influences quarterback Sam Bradford's decision. Some members of the Oklahoma coaching staff feel Bradford is seriously considering returning to school.

Kent Bradford, Sam's father, said that Sam's decision will be based on what is in his best "long-term" interests.

Defensive lineman Gerald McCoy has already announced he will return. Tight end Jermaine Greshman has been leaning toward entering the NFL draft.

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops has seen many players throughout his career return when they could have turned pro.

Joe Schad is a college football reporter for ESPN.

OffroadOUFan
1/14/2009, 03:13 PM
Found here (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3832957)

Now we just need a little good news about Gresham and Bradford.

boomermagic
1/14/2009, 03:17 PM
This is really good news.. I have been saying Sam will not be back but now I have some hope since Trent will be back and I thought Sam would tell us something by now.. I think no news is good news on Sam so I have SOME hope now.. Come on Sam stay another season...

47straight
1/14/2009, 07:11 PM
I'm happier than a pig in ****.

Congratulations, Trent! I hope the move to left tackle yields you millions.

TUSooner
1/14/2009, 07:11 PM
Great news! Way to go, T-Dub

MyT Oklahoma
1/14/2009, 07:13 PM
And still yet once again.. God Bless America.

It is so great to be an OU fan at this point in time. Long story.. and still in the works.

birddog
1/17/2009, 07:15 AM
am i the only one who didn't hear trent williams name all season? i guess if you are an olineman, that's a good thing.

adoniijahsooner
1/17/2009, 01:12 PM
I heard announcers say that he was the best of the group.

sooner2b09
1/17/2009, 01:39 PM
I heard announcers say that he was the best of the group.

They say he graded out better than any other lineman, and when you have duke, Jon, and Loadholt, on the other side of the line, thats pretty good. He is also going to move to left tackle to protect Sams blindside, and if you watch the NFL draft you know that position is very highly payed. So I think it was a really smart move by Trent to return.