PDA

View Full Version : Assistants crash through window

Scotty
1/14/2009, 12:22 PM
This is almost SO material

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3831034

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Two assistant coaches apparently wrestling with each other fell through a hotel window Tuesday morning and fell four stories to a concrete sidewalk, leaving one in serious condition.

The American Football Coaches Association is holding its annual convention at the Opryland Hotel, and hotel security had been called around 4:10 a.m. with a noise complaint when officers found a broken window and Scott Coy and Darren DeMeio outside on the ground below.

"They wrestled each other too close to the window going through it and down to the ground floor," Nashville police spokeswoman Kris Mumford said. "That's four floors."

Coy, 29, is 6-foot-2 and 300 pounds from Newcastle, Pa. He was in critical condition and having surgery Tuesday afternoon at Vanderbilt University. DeMeio, 24, is 6-4, 225 pounds and from Clinton, Ohio. Police said he was in fair condition but remained in the hospital as of Tuesday afternoon.

Coy is co-offensive coordinator at Westminster College in New Wilmington, Pa., and DeMeio is the running backs coach, according to the college's Web site. A telephone message left with the sports information office was not immediately returned Tuesday afternoon.

Hotel spokeswoman Kim Keelor said the window the men fell through was double-paned with a strong wooden sash in the middle.

"It's very sad. I definitely want to express our sympathy to their families. It's just a very strange and unfortunate occurrence," she said.

:eek:

Flagstaffsooner
1/14/2009, 12:24 PM
I told Olevet not to send the Juice there.

85sooners
1/14/2009, 01:13 PM
dam

OUAlumni1990
1/14/2009, 01:34 PM
football is serious business

Dan Thompson
1/14/2009, 07:52 PM
A 225 pounder taking on a 300 pounder, seem about right to me, if the 225 pounder is from OU.

1890MilesToNorman
1/14/2009, 07:58 PM
I read that earlier today and had a little chuckle. Imagine 525 pounds of horseplay splatting on the sidewalk? I'd bet alcohol was involved.

I do hope these guys recover but really boys, contain yourself and set an example for the kids you coach.

Leroy Lizard
1/15/2009, 03:25 AM
Maybe they were filming a sports shop commercial.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/15/2009, 10:45 AM
"They was wrasslin' too close to the window!"

That is a picture I wish hadn't been implanted. Don't know about you all, but I can't recall the last time I wrassled a colleague on a trip...:eek:

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 10:48 AM
So when does Mike Gundy hire these guys at OSU? Perfect fit.

boomermagic
1/15/2009, 11:34 AM
I will not make a joke about this while at least one is fighting for his life but obviously it was not a smart thing to do.. WOW !!

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 12:28 PM
Yea, you're right. Sorry about that.

SoonerInLubbock
1/15/2009, 12:42 PM
Right now this is pretty serious. I hope they both pull through.
But you have to admit it's a pretty silly situation.
If it were in a movie it would be hilarious. But this is real life so let's hope they get better soon.