PDA

View Full Version : So what do we know about Landry Jones?

PDXsooner
1/14/2009, 12:11 PM
If Sam stays, great. But most likely we'll need to deal with him leaving and move on, so.....with that being said, how is Jones doing? Is he looking good in practice? Is he progressing well? Is he a leader? What are the coaches saying? Anyone have any good info?

Scotty
1/14/2009, 12:13 PM
I have heard from somewhere that his accuracy is comprable to Sam's.

The_Red_Patriot
1/14/2009, 12:24 PM
Mobility

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyeWat53qJU&feature=related

flopshotjoe99
1/14/2009, 12:30 PM
he's gonna be great, especially after learning from Sam another season.;)

Flagstaffsooner
1/14/2009, 12:35 PM
Mobility

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyeWat53qJU&feature=related

Looks like the second coming of The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah.;)
But can he walk on water and heal lepers?

TUSooner
1/14/2009, 12:48 PM

Well, I think he walked on a wet leper once.

Nothing.
At.
All.

:(

sooneron
1/14/2009, 12:58 PM
I hear he's absolutely dreamy...

OUAlumni1990
1/14/2009, 01:00 PM
I have a good feeling about Landry.

Back-to-back crystal in 2010/2011!! I'm calling it now!!!

Position Limit
1/14/2009, 01:04 PM
when it comes to quarterbacks on this team, it's usually not a concern of mine.

Pigface1
1/14/2009, 01:07 PM
Just going by his highlights on Rivals, he has a cannon.

soonermagic14
1/14/2009, 01:09 PM
I like having the idea of having a QB who is not afraid to run, lower their head and take out a DB. You combine that and with the post that said his accuracy is comparable to Sam's?.....That's exciting but what about the possibility of starting 5 offensive linemen who have little or zero college experience next year?

Pigface1
1/14/2009, 01:09 PM

The only QB I've ever heard of walking on water and healing lepers was Wyatt Sexton, aka God.

Pigface1
1/14/2009, 01:13 PM
what about the possibility of starting 5 offensive linemen who have little or zero college experience next year?

Wild Sooner with Demarco. :texan:

picasso
1/14/2009, 01:28 PM
he grew up near area 51, so he's got that going for him.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2009, 01:32 PM
He's tall

BoulderSooner79
1/14/2009, 01:36 PM
He's probably the only Sooner on the planet that will be happier if Sam leaves than if he stays.

The Maestro
1/14/2009, 01:36 PM
when it comes to quarterbacks on this team, it's usually not a concern of mine.

We have a winner.

sooner518
1/14/2009, 01:43 PM
from his highlight video, his pocket presence and throwing motion remind me of Jason White.

Also, he's got a freakin cannon according to the youtube video below. The last throw of that competition is a deep ball throw where they just air it out as far as possible. They get 2 points for every yard they throw it. Going into that pass, he had 90 points, and he ends up with 232 yards. 232-90=142 142/2 = 71 yards! Strong arm?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYR1fUKR75Q&feature=related

Scotty
1/14/2009, 01:50 PM
After watching some of his highlights, it looks like he throws a good fade ball to the corner of the endzone.

This was, IMO, one of Sam's only weak points as a QB.

Pigface1
1/14/2009, 02:01 PM
After watching some of his highlights, it looks like he throws a good fade ball to the corner of the endzone.

This was, IMO, one of Sam's only weak points as a QB.

Endzone, maybe. He threw some great fades the past couple years that weren't caught when they hit the receivers' hands or were called back for holding, etc. IMO I don't think you could throw a much better fade than Bradford.

Of course, Kiper and those guys would have us believe that Stafford is the second coming of Marino.

TUSooner
1/14/2009, 02:14 PM
***Kiper and those guys would have us believe that Stafford is the second coming of Marino.

It's because Stafford (being in the SEC) has spent more time near tim tebow than Sam has.

Scotty
1/14/2009, 02:20 PM
Endzone, maybe. He threw some great fades the past couple years that weren't caught when they hit the receivers' hands or were called back for holding, etc. IMO I don't think you could throw a much better fade than Bradford.

Of course, Kiper and those guys would have us believe that Stafford is the second coming of Marino.
'

Yes, I was specifically talking about the quick fade to the corner of the end zone. I don't know if it had something to do with the footwork or not but it just seemed like those balls were always underthrown to me.

SPuL
1/14/2009, 02:21 PM
I just added the kid on facebook. I'll let you know my findings in a bit.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2009, 03:55 PM
I know he'll be playing in mop up and standing on the sidelines

AlbqSooner
1/14/2009, 08:59 PM
I saw Landry a couple of times in high school. Assuming he makes the high school to college transition, and from what the coaches say he has, he has the potential to be a GREAT QB. He is about Bradford's size, has the aforementioned cannon arm, cool presence in the pocket, and when he attended the Elite Eleven camp he won the "Most Accurate Passer" award.

Lott's Bandana
1/14/2009, 09:55 PM
I know he'll be playing in mop up and standing on the sidelines

Bobby ought to shake a fist at the world and not let up in one single game next year.

If we score 100, so be it.

****'em

BoulderSooner79
1/14/2009, 10:41 PM
I doubt we'll have the big leads like this season. But if we get the chance, I would hope for some more meaningful possessions for L. Jones. There was really no incentive to try to develop Halze.

DMAFB_Sooner08
1/14/2009, 10:53 PM
So does he stay and hope Sam goes pro next year or does he transfer? He was redshirted right?

Curly Bill
1/14/2009, 10:54 PM
So does he stay and hope Sam goes pro next year or does he transfer? He was redshirted right?

He'll be a redshirt Frosh this next year, great chance for him to learn while getting a little bit of playing time.

PDXsooner
1/14/2009, 11:07 PM
He'll stay. If he transfers he'll regret it, just like Tommy Whats-his name that left and went to Utah,

AlbqSooner
1/15/2009, 07:40 AM
He will stay. When he was a high school senior Bradford emerged and we had the kid from Michigan in waiting. They asked if he was going to reconsider his committment. His answer was no. He committed and he planned to enrol in January and compete. I don't see him walking away now.

BoulderSooner79
1/15/2009, 07:50 AM
If Jones transferred he would have to sit out a year anyway. Backing up Sam at OU has to be better than being on the practice squad some place else. I can't imagine Sam staying for a 5th year.

soonerfan28
1/15/2009, 10:46 AM
To answer the original question. He'll getting quality snaps in ........... blowout wins and maybe a few in the spring. Bradford will need to get aquainted with Ben Haberns nut sack.

Pigface1
1/15/2009, 12:54 PM
It's because Stafford (being in the SEC) has spent more time near The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah than Sam has.

Valid point. However, now that Sam has spent a little time with HIM, he is a better man for it.

Pigface1
1/15/2009, 12:56 PM
'

Yes, I was specifically talking about the quick fade to the corner of the end zone. I don't know if it had something to do with the footwork or not but it just seemed like those balls were always underthrown to me.

I can't really argue with that. But man, his accuracy was off the charts. It's not like his completions were all 5 - 7 yard pops, he threw ropes downfield, too.

It's scary to think that he and Gresham are going to be even better next year. :eek: :pop: Maybe UF and OU can rematch when both teams are 100% outside the state of Florida.

oupride
1/15/2009, 01:08 PM
Can't wait to see him in the Spring game!