PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm drunk...

8timechamps
1/14/2009, 10:57 AM
(which wouldn't be the first time I posted drunk), but something tells me Josh is sticking around for reasons that may not seem immediately apparent to us not-in-the-know.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see what Josh has done to help our QBs. Not to knock my old friend CG, but lets face it, he's not the guiding force behind Sam and his Heisman winning performance.

I have to think somewhere along the line, someone has planted the seed in Josh's head that Bob won't be coaching forever. And when that time comes, Josh may just find himself in the right place at the right time.

I am by no means saying that he is ready to take over now, but given his "gift" of understanding the game (and apparently teaching it), I'd say he will get to that point.

Then again, maybe I should go have another shot...

BoulderSooner79
1/14/2009, 11:07 AM
There could be more near-term considerations than that. Josh almost certainly will have to get a coordinator job first and you have to think that KW's name has come up for HC jobs elsewhere.

8timechamps
1/14/2009, 11:09 AM
There could be more near-term considerations than that. Josh almost certainly will have to get a coordinator job first and you have to think that KW's name has come up for HC jobs elsewhere.

Agreed. He's going to have to pay his dues as an OC. And, like you said, KW's name is going to be at the top of many list's, so maybe Josh get's a nod at OU. It's a big step, a risky step, but it could pay off.

OklahomaTuba
1/14/2009, 11:09 AM
Seems like there are a lot of other folks who should be considered KWs replacement before Joshie.

Cale sure has paid his dues it seems. When does someone like that get a chance???

Crucifax Autumn
1/14/2009, 11:14 AM
After 8timechamps takes that next shot!

SoonerInLubbock
1/14/2009, 11:15 AM
I have had that same thought myself numerous times. Josh is the kind of guy who just has that coaching instinct. And The University knows it. I wouldn't be surprised to see OU do whatever it takes to keep him around.
Josh is a real class act and I would love to see him as HC of OUr Sooners one day.

XingTheRubicon
1/14/2009, 11:17 AM
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9697/scarfacephotoxlscarfacehg5.jpg

8timechamps
1/14/2009, 11:17 AM
Seems like there are a lot of other folks who should be considered KWs replacement before Joshie.

Cale sure has paid his dues it seems. When does someone like that get a chance???

He has certainly paid his dues. I just see Josh being an OC before Cale.

I have never met Josh, nor do I know anymore than the average fan, so I can't really speak to his level of knowledge. Just going off what I know (which usually isn't much).

Crucifax Autumn
1/14/2009, 11:24 AM
What're ya talkin' about???? You post here so like the rest of us you know EVERYTHING!!!

8timechamps
1/14/2009, 11:26 AM
What're ya talkin' about???? You post here so like the rest of us you know EVERYTHING!!!

I just don't brag.

OF COURSE I know everything!!!

Crucifax Autumn
1/14/2009, 11:27 AM
That's more like it! You aren't some kinda swamptard!

OUMallen
1/14/2009, 11:28 AM
(which wouldn't be the first time I posted drunk), but something tells me Josh is sticking around for reasons that may not seem immediately apparent to us not-in-the-know.

I think the most obvious reason is that he wasn't offered the OC position?

Crucifax Autumn
1/14/2009, 11:29 AM
Actually someone yealled "Boomer!" and he couldn't help but reply with a healthy "SOONER!"

8timechamps
1/14/2009, 11:32 AM
I think the most obvious reason is that he wasn't offered the OC position?

I don't think he was ready at the time KW was hired. Now, maybe...

BoulderSooner79
1/14/2009, 11:36 AM
I just don't brag.

OF COURSE I know everything!!!

I know even more. I know everything that you know *plus* all the stuff that's wrong.

8timechamps
1/14/2009, 02:17 PM
I know even more. I know everything that you know *plus* all the stuff that's wrong.

I knew you were going to say that, so.....BAM!

OUMallen
1/14/2009, 02:26 PM
I don't think he was ready at the time KW was hired. Now, maybe...

I meant to Minn. The original post says something about Josh sticking around as though he has LOTS of other offers that are better. I don't think he has one compelling offer other than being up for that OC job, and he didn't make the semi-final cut on that deal.