PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowherd bashed the Sooners yesterday

ratedrsuperstar
1/14/2009, 07:40 AM
Did anyone hear him ? He was ranking the programs over the last 10 seasons and had OU at #6 saying that Stoops is 1-8 in the last 9 big games, which is Texas and the BCS games because he doesn't count the Big12 Championships because the north is so weak (I have to agree on that). It makes us better to say we are the Big 12 Champs, but that game is about nothing but $$'s.

SoonersEnFuego
1/14/2009, 07:45 AM
It's one of his favorite things to do. He's a big PAC-10 fan and it shows.

85Sooner
1/14/2009, 08:02 AM
Sounds right to me

TUSooner
1/14/2009, 08:37 AM
Doesn't really sound like "bashing."

And -- oh yeah -- who gives a **** about Cowherd or the lamest troll of the age, rs?

XingTheRubicon
1/14/2009, 09:25 AM
Everyone seems real keen on what you do wrong when you're the winningest team of the ****ing decade. OU has more total Division and Conference Championships than any 2 programs combined.

OU4LIFE
1/14/2009, 09:31 AM
exactly.

99% of teams would give their nuts if you told them they'd be in the CCG nearly every year, and in the MNC half the time.

ratedrsuperstar
1/14/2009, 09:40 AM
OU has more total Division and Conference Championships than any 2 programs combined.

Would we be able to say that if OU played in the SEC or PAC 10 ? I only ask because the SEC has won 3 NC's in a row and USC is pretty good every year, the PAC 10 also went 5-0 in bowl games this year.

Knippz
1/14/2009, 09:51 AM
Would we be able to say that if OU played in the SEC or PAC 10 ? I only ask because the SEC has won 3 NC's in a row and USC is pretty good every year, the PAC 10 also went 5-0 in bowl games this year.

You sir, are not an OU fan. Your trolling is so GOD-AWFUL annoying.

XingTheRubicon
1/14/2009, 09:58 AM

I don't know if we could beat Stanford at home. See how that works? I just minimized all the SC dominance in the Pac 10 and focused something embarrassing.

As far as your question, let's turn it around. Does USC have 6 Big XII titles if they were in OU's place this decade? Remember in 2000 and 2001 USC sucked.

sooner518
1/14/2009, 10:07 AM
Cowherd is just pissed because his girlfriend dumped him last week. oh excuse me, his "hot friend".

what a d00sh

GG84
1/14/2009, 10:50 AM
I'd say Florida, LSU, USC, and maybe Ohio State have legit claims to be placed in front of OU this decade. That last spot I guess could go to Texas or Boise State. Seeing as how you guys have the same amount of MNC's and more conference titles you'd have to throw out Texas. Boise State plays in the MWC so I'd easily take your accomplishments over theirs.

So he is off, but only by a spot or two.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/14/2009, 11:03 AM
I'd say Florida, LSU, USC, and maybe Ohio State have legit claims to be placed in front of OU this decade. That last spot I guess could go to Texas or Boise State. Seeing as how you guys have the same amount of MNC's and more conference titles you'd have to throw out Texas. Boise State plays in the MWC so I'd easily take your accomplishments over theirs.

So he is off, but only by a spot or two.

How would Ohio State be ahead of us? Last time I checked, they get blown out of the water in every BCS game they play in as well. I for sure wouldn't put Ohio State ahead of us. That is a joke. Texas can't even be ahead of us in conference play, so they are out. Boise State's conference is a joke, so yeah, they are out. USC could make a claim. LSU could make a claim. Florida could make a claim. Who would be the other two ahead of OU? I can't think of any. I would say top 4.

Collier11
1/14/2009, 11:13 AM
He also just said that he has sources telling him that SB is coming back, lets hope

MI Sooner
1/14/2009, 12:05 PM
Ohio St. is 5-3 in BCS games (I think) and 1-2 in the BCS title game (I know).

Position Limit
1/14/2009, 12:59 PM
the sooners are victims of their own confrence. i'm a life long sooner and let me tell ya, the big 12 is just not very competitive. that's been the problem the last 7 years. sure upsets happen in the confrence, but ou has one game every year. texas. the last time ou had to fight every week to comeback in games and on the road was 2000. and they were a better team because of it. by the time the orange bowl came around, it was just another day at the office for that team. when you score 60+ points in many games, it does not make you a better team when faced with adversity. it's not stoops fault or the team's fault. florida would have had the same record in this confrence the las few years. same with bama or lsu. like i sad, they're just vicitms of this confrence come bowl games. right now there are 2 "tough" road games for the sooners. lubbock and stillwater. whatever.

BigMoneySooner
1/14/2009, 01:09 PM
Typical bias from that garbage network. All they do is play to the big markets on the coasts and forget about all of us real Americans in the "flyover states".

Bourbon St Sooner
1/14/2009, 01:12 PM
SUC is 0-1 in big games in the last 4 years. I'm just counting the RB against texass as a big game because, other than that, they haven't played anybody worth a ****.

toast
1/14/2009, 01:15 PM

NickZepp?

ratedrsuperstar
1/14/2009, 01:26 PM
You sir, are not an OU fan. Your trolling is so GOD-AWFUL annoying.

Who the F@*k are you to tell who I'm a fan of ?

I'm a life long fan of OU but with me not living there I don't wear crimson colored glasses and make excuses every year when our Sooners come up short. My life doesn't revolve around Sooner sports like a lot of you mostly because I don't live there, but it is also obvious that I'm much smarter than the average sooner fan.

Lets do a check list.

1. We beat Texas, oops.
2. We won the Big 12 and that earns us respect around the country, nope !
3. We dominate BCS Bowl games, don't think so.

Just the truth and sometimes the truth hurts.

hobbes2702
1/14/2009, 01:32 PM
The top 5 has to be
1. Florida
2. USC
3. LSU
4. OU
5. Texas

Position Limit
1/14/2009, 01:34 PM
ratedrsuperstar,

i agree with what you are saying. see my above post. if ou played in the sec, they would not have the same success. if florida, lsu, georgia were in the big 12, they would rattle off 10 win seasons and confrence championships. big 12 is just not very competitive right now. i dont think guys like knippz has any idea what he's watching when it comes to college football.

TopDawg
1/14/2009, 01:35 PM
Next year will be the last year of the decade of the 00's. If we win the title next year, I say we get the edge for #1. Tied for first in terms of national titles won (with Florida, LSU and USC...I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt), but we will have played for the title in 5 out of 10 years.

If we don't win it all next year, I say we're 3rd or 4th. LSU and Florida would be ahead of us. USC would clearly be ahead of us if they win it all, but might still edge us out if they don't. Like Boomer_Sooner_sax, I'd put us at 4th right now with Ohio State being the only school that could move ahead of us next year...but they'd have to win the title.

It sucks to know that we're only 19 points (8 in '03 and 11 this year) from being the CLEAR #1. We'd be the only team with multiple crystal balls and we'd have 3 to everyone else's 1. But, that's the way it goes.

Anyone that has us at 6th is using some sort of messed up reasoning. If Cowheard wants to rank teams based on how they've done in their last 9 big games (as he defines them) then having us at 6th is ridiculously high. If Cowheard wants to rank teams based on how they've done the last 10 years (which is what he's claiming) then 6th is too low.

adoniijahsooner
1/14/2009, 01:47 PM
Cowherd doesn't get to decide where our sooners are ranked. why do we act like these guys who get paid to run their mouths are important?

TopDawg
1/14/2009, 01:53 PM
I don't really care who says it...I just think it's an interesting topic.

TheGodfather889
1/14/2009, 02:29 PM
the sooners are victims of their own confrence. i'm a life long sooner and let me tell ya, the big 12 is just not very competitive. that's been the problem the last 7 years. sure upsets happen in the confrence, but ou has one game every year. texas. the last time ou had to fight every week to comeback in games and on the road was 2000. and they were a better team because of it. by the time the orange bowl came around, it was just another day at the office for that team. when you score 60+ points in many games, it does not make you a better team when faced with adversity. it's not stoops fault or the team's fault. florida would have had the same record in this confrence the las few years. same with bama or lsu. like i sad, they're just vicitms of this confrence come bowl games. right now there are 2 "tough" road games for the sooners. lubbock and stillwater. whatever.
I agree with that. Many people don't remember that eight years ago in 2000 the Big XII was a very good conference. In the October run, Texas was #10, Kansas State was #2 and Nebraska was #1. It was a good tough conference where OU was very doubted, therefore they were prepared to face adversity and tough football games. They had the coaching staff, the defense, the will and the lack of injuries to win. I would have put that team up against Miami and Washington that years as well, I believe OU was the best TEAM that year.

Collier11
1/14/2009, 03:03 PM
There have only been 3 years this decade that the Big 12 was really good, 2000-2001, 2002-2003, and 2008-2009

Dan Thompson
1/14/2009, 03:19 PM
What everyone here is say is true, BUT...

ratedrsuperstar
1/14/2009, 03:45 PM
There have only been 3 years this decade that the Big 12 was really good, 2000-2001, 2002-2003, and 2008-2009

Take 2008-2009 out ! The south owned the north during the season but look how the south did in the bowl games, mostly TT and OU.

Leroy Lizard
1/15/2009, 04:02 AM
He was ranking the programs over the last 10 seasons and had OU at #6 saying that Stoops is 1-8 in the last 9 big games, which is Texas and the BCS games because he doesn't count the Big12 Championships because the north is so weak (I have to agree on that).

Missouri was weak last year?

Leroy Lizard
1/15/2009, 04:06 AM
Just the truth and sometimes the truth hurts.

So is he a Texas fan? I would bet that he is a Florida fan. Anyone else want to guess?

DMAFB_Sooner08
1/15/2009, 06:31 AM
I agree with that. Many people don't remember that eight years ago in 2000 the Big XII was a very good conference. In the October run, Texas was #10, Kansas State was #2 and Nebraska was #1. It was a good tough conference where OU was very doubted, therefore they were prepared to face adversity and tough football games. They had the coaching staff, the defense, the will and the lack of injuries to win. I would have put that team up against Miami and Washington that years as well, I believe OU was the best TEAM that year.

Granted it was not the run of 2000, but look at just the big 12 south this year...3 different teams were in the top 2 at some point and we had 4 in the top 10 at one point. I agree overall top to bottom we are not the best conference, but I will have to say that the top is pretty damn good.

jkjsooner
1/15/2009, 02:46 PM
Take 2008-2009 out ! The south owned the north during the season but look how the south did in the bowl games, mostly TT and OU.

I'll give you TT but what did OU do that was so bad? We went down to the wire (game much closer than final score) with the national champs.

And don't forget Texas won their BCS game.