PDA

View Full Version : Worst (Non-Tebow) Lines from Fox Commentators

rainiersooner
1/14/2009, 03:50 AM
I'm about 48 hours away from purging myself of the hurt from this game...until then, I keep sadistically going back and watching it. Not only were the Fox commentators (they sucked so bad, I'm not even going to waste my time to go look up their no-name names again) awful, they were cheesy and stupid.

Like this little doozy, after Chris Brown got tackled (out of bounds mind you, and a helmet to helmet hit) by Major Wright:

Stupid Fox Commentator Whose Name I Can't Be Bothered to Look Up: Wow, when Major Wright hits you, you'll feel it in a Major Wrong Way.

I mean, really? Really? Did he practice that in a mirror before the game? Somebody put me out of my misery please!!!

ousooners182
1/14/2009, 05:31 AM
lol wow..

i know a line like that definitely wasnt just off the head spur of the moment.

there was alot of practicing going on

adoniijahsooner
1/14/2009, 07:01 AM
When referring to Dominique Franks comments about Tebow being the 4th best quarterback in the big 12. "Single most ridiculous statement that anybody has ever uttered".

Oh you said non Tebow comments.

adoniijahsooner
1/14/2009, 07:04 AM
Or when Tebow did the chop in Harris' face. "that may have been the first thing he's ever done wrong".

Again you said non tebow comments.

Breadburner
1/14/2009, 08:39 AM
"If you spend 5 or 10 minutes talking to Tim Tewbowner,Your life will be changed forever".

OUmillenium
1/14/2009, 09:56 AM
When he said that, I looked at my wife, saluted and said "Major wrong way." HIMYM joke

cheezyq
1/14/2009, 10:16 AM
That would be Charles Davis. He is the ultimate goober and always has been...annoying girly voice, cheesy pre-canned and poorly thought out lines, and generally boneheaded analysis. Of course, he was also paired with Thom Brennamen, who nearly exploded with excitement over Tebow. Honestly, if his life truly got better by merely spending time with Tebow, then he's led a sad and lonely existence.

I was hoping for one of the NFL crews to come in and work the BCS. Darryl Johnston was great in the Sugar Bowl (I think that's the one he did). It would have been nice to have someone call the game who doesn't shat himself at the mere mention of Tebow.

soonerlaw
1/14/2009, 10:33 AM
This was not on Fox, but I laughed a little when Desmond Howard over on ESPN referred to our great wide reciever "Julio Iglesias."

OUstud
1/14/2009, 01:47 PM
This was not on Fox, but I laughed a little when Desmond Howard over on ESPN referred to our great wide reciever "Julio Iglesias."

Heh. That's what my dad calls him.