PDA

View Full Version : Sam is staying, here is why

Dan Thompson
1/13/2009, 09:43 PM
Stoops wants Rueben Randle, #1 WR, to pay at OU.

Sam told Randle he was coming back so Randle would come to OU.

Josh told Sam, if Sam came back, he would not take the Minn OC job.

So, Josh stays, keeps Sam as QB and Stoops gets Randle to come to OU.

Its all very easy to see,

I hope.

CatfishSooner
1/13/2009, 09:56 PM
sounds good to me...

I hope you're right...

sooner2b09
1/13/2009, 10:18 PM
That would be perfect, but life isn't like that. Lets hope it is this time thought.

Desert Sapper
1/13/2009, 10:22 PM
That would be really freaking awesome. I am getting the same feeling I got before the game, though. Too good to be true often is...

Dan Thompson
1/13/2009, 10:36 PM
You gotta be right sometime.

OU-HSV
1/13/2009, 10:49 PM

Kevin Wilson told Josh that he would leave some day in the near future so Josh could become our OC at that point.

I hope.
Fixed :D

Dan Thompson
1/13/2009, 10:52 PM
Where did you hear that? Link, link:)

pardon the interREDtion
1/13/2009, 10:56 PM
What would have happened had Bomar not gotten busted?

Scotty
1/13/2009, 10:56 PM

I hope.

[/wishful_thinking]

;)

nighttrain12
1/13/2009, 11:33 PM
What would have happened had Bomar not gotten busted?

He would have got busted on something else. ;)

ousooners182
1/14/2009, 03:47 AM
Yeah i read the article about randle but there is no way.

i repeat.

no way he gets out of sec country.

he is a lock for bama or lsu his coach said at the under armour game..
it was even stated in an interview that when he took his official here for the tech game that after the game all he did was go back to his room and go to bed.

i mean trust me im praying for it..especially since ward all the sudden up and went to tech...maybe we can pick up gaines or hamilton..but we need someone to add a little more depth

Norvell really hasnt been strong at recruiting wide outs..he must be spending to much time on here :/

more likely we keep sam..randle goes to lsu bama..we move maybe trice or someone to slot or maybe pick up a wideout last second like we did broyles and juaquin..theres still 3 weeks!

KingDavid
1/14/2009, 04:55 AM
Yeah i read the article about randle but there is no way.

i repeat.

no way he gets out of sec country.

he is a lock for bama or lsu his coach said at the under armour game..
it was even stated in an interview that when he took his official here for the tech game that after the game all he did was go back to his room and go to bed.

i mean trust me im praying for it..especially since ward all the sudden up and went to tech...maybe we can pick up gaines or hamilton..but we need someone to add a little more depth

Norvell really hasnt been strong at recruiting wide outs..he must be spending to much time on here :/

more likely we keep sam..randle goes to lsu bama..we move maybe trice or someone to slot or maybe pick up a wideout last second like we did broyles and juaquin..theres still 3 weeks!

There is a way that Randle gets out of SEC country. But we have NO shot whatsoever if Bradford leaves.

But there are bigger fish to fry. The most important potential receiver for 2009 that will be influenced by Sam's decision is not Rueben Randle or any other recruit for that matter: it's Jermaine Gresham.

As for recruiting: Bradford staying is a sure bet to land us a top notch receiver somewhere, even it's not Randle (which it probably won't be, I'll concede).

KingDavid
1/14/2009, 04:57 AM
He would have got busted on something else. ;)

That is both funny and true.

ousooners182
1/14/2009, 05:21 AM
There is a way that Randle gets out of SEC country. But we have NO shot whatsoever if Bradford leaves.

But there are bigger fish to fry. The most important potential receiver for 2009 that will be influenced by Sam's decision is not Rueben Randle or any other recruit for that matter: it's Jermaine Gresham.

As for recruiting: Bradford staying is a sure bet to land us a top notch receiver somewhere, even it's not Randle (which it probably won't be, I'll concede).

thats how i feel..especially with the receiver knowing he can come in and compete to start.

but yeah if bradford stays i believe more than likely jermaine does..

trent is a little different..i read he wants to but his family is very very bad financially and really needs the money but with the potential of him moving to left tackle that would help him make ALOT more in the long run

adoniijahsooner
1/14/2009, 07:19 AM
Ryan Broyles
Brandon Caleb
Adron Tennell
Dejaun Miller
Jameel Owens
Corey Wilson

Thats enough depth too me. Plus James Hanna is 6-4 215, and could possibly be a wideout for us. The guy returned kicks in high school.

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/07-08/video/m-footbl/02feb/20080206_james_hanna.wmv&school=okla&

Lamar Harris 6-2 and was a very good wideout in High school as well. With Lynn and Brent coming in we may be able to move him to offense.

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/07-08/video/m-footbl/02feb/20080206_lamar_harris.wmv&school=okla&

In reality its all about the Quarterback.

bob
1/14/2009, 08:14 AM
Will move Madu to the slot to make room for the two freshmen running backs. With his ability to run after the catch, he should be a natural.

85sooners
1/14/2009, 08:22 AM
:pop:

TXBOOMER
1/14/2009, 08:35 AM
My guess is Randle will be going to L$U.

Hot Rod
1/14/2009, 09:23 AM
Ryan Broyles
Brandon Caleb
Adron Tennell
Dejaun Miller
Jameel Owens
Corey Wilson

Don't forget we use the RBs as slots in the 5 wideout formation as well as that #18 guy. ;)

OU4LIFE
1/14/2009, 09:37 AM
Ryan Broyles
Brandon Caleb
Adron Tennell
Dejaun Miller
Jameel Owens
Corey Wilson

Thats enough depth too me.

not really. Not even close.

BigGobbler
1/14/2009, 12:39 PM
I think Darius Jones will move to WR or Slot. I'm OK with our depth, but it would be REALLY nice to pick up Tyrece Gaines out of Butler CC.... Looks like he's leaning Oregon though.

soonermagic14
1/14/2009, 12:58 PM
I'm ok with the depth at WR. Most of them have good size but other than Broyles what about their speed? We need WR's that are freakin fast and can run good routes. Anybody watched any film over the guys who are projected to start at WR positions?

Freelemur
1/14/2009, 01:02 PM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/tommybrasco/trail_of_tearshtm_txt_trailoftears.jpg

sooneron
1/14/2009, 01:09 PM
Thank God that turd has been flushed.