PDA

View Full Version : Things that suck more than moving.....

royalfan5
1/13/2009, 09:02 PM
As I am working on my 5th move in 19 months, I have come to a conclusion that it has to be a very short list. Really outside of a major traumatic event involving your health, the health of a loved one, or loss of a job, what sucks more than moving?

Boomer Mooner
1/13/2009, 09:07 PM
Oh, I don't know, maybe a week long visit from your bipolar 'poet' father-in-law. Just sayin'.

bluedogok
1/13/2009, 09:27 PM
I moved quite a bit after moving back to OKC from Dallas in 1993, my parents have been in the same house since 1965 so I didn't get it from them.

When I moved to Austin, I had a former co-worker say that I just overloaded on the major stress items. I quit my job (where I had been for 8.5 years that time, 11 years total) and had no job lined up in Austin, was getting married in a month and a half and was moving 400 miles. So I just jumped into the deep end....

SanJoaquinSooner
1/13/2009, 09:35 PM
nuttin

Boomer Mooner
1/13/2009, 10:04 PM
Did I mention the ****er whistles. Classical music. Kids tunes (think pop goes the muther****in weasel. TV tunes.

Desert Sapper
1/13/2009, 10:17 PM
the BCS?

tommieharris91
1/13/2009, 10:23 PM
when that 350 pounder in prison makes you his special friend?

Veritas
1/13/2009, 10:46 PM
As I am working on my 5th move in 19 months, I have come to a conclusion that it has to be a very short list. Really outside of a major traumatic event involving your health, the health of a loved one, or loss of a job, what sucks more than moving?

Easy. Moving someone else.

royalfan5
1/13/2009, 10:53 PM
Easy. Moving someone else.

Which is why I have ended up dragging out the process by doing everything but the two person furniture stuff by myself. I figure if I never involve non-family members in moving, I never end up getting asked to help people move. And next time I have to move, I'm paying people to do it for me.

Boomer Mooner
1/14/2009, 08:01 AM
Which is why I have ended up dragging out the process by doing everything but the two person furniture stuff by myself. I figure if I never involve non-family members in moving, I never end up getting asked to help people move. And next time I have to move, I'm paying people to do it for me.

Bingo.

StoopTroup
1/14/2009, 01:35 PM
Showering at Chuck Bao's

Boomer Mooner
1/14/2009, 01:49 PM
Showering at Chuck Bao's mother in law's

Fixed, I think.

I will say when it comes to people sitting down to their meal while watching me stripping nekkid and slapping it with a rag out of water bucket, my money is on them blinkin' first every time.

Flagstaffsooner
1/14/2009, 01:51 PM
texass

olevetonahill
1/14/2009, 01:56 PM
texass

WINNAH :D

Hot Rod
1/14/2009, 01:57 PM
Slinging your laptop out of your backpack...

SoonerTerry
1/14/2009, 01:59 PM
Es Tea Dee's

OU4LIFE
1/14/2009, 02:05 PM
My Ex wife.

olevetonahill
1/14/2009, 02:08 PM
My Ex wife.

She sucked and you Let her get away :eek:

8timechamps
1/14/2009, 02:28 PM
sick people's farts?

KLgJpv01tXo

Frozen Sooner
1/14/2009, 07:30 PM
Man, I'm dreading moving this summer.

Gotta sell the house-first time I've sold a house and I've been in the dang thing since 2002, so there's gonna be 7 years of accumulated crap in there.

Gotta sell the car.

Gotta figure out how to move the pets.

Gotta figure out what to do with the furniture-sell or move? Leaning towards selling.

Gotta get a new bank account established. Going to suck having a bank account that isn't with my employer for the first time in 12 years.

Gotta figure out which clothes to keep and which to give to the Salvation Army. They have fat poor dudes, right?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/14/2009, 07:38 PM
Allow an extra month for the move. It's a HORROR, for sure.

olevetonahill
1/14/2009, 08:37 PM

Gotta sell the house-first time I've sold a house and I've been in the dang thing since 2002, so there's gonna be 7 years of accumulated crap in there.

Gotta sell the car.

Gotta figure out what to do with the furniture-sell or move? Leaning towards selling.

Gotta get a new bank account established. Going to suck having a bank account that isn't with my employer for the first time in 12 years.

Gotta figure out which clothes to keep and which to give to the Salvation Army. They have fat poor dudes, right?

Bro sell every Dayum thing except the Car
Put yerself and the Critters In the Car and Drive .
Problem solved .

Frozen Sooner
1/14/2009, 08:48 PM
Yeah, the problem with driving is it requires taking animals across two border crossings. Not messing with that.

Plus, I want to get rid of the payment. My income is dropping by 100% in a few months.

OU4LIFE
1/15/2009, 08:32 AM

at least you're doing it in the summer

Think of all the stuff you'll find that you thought you lost!

Gotta sell the car.

Good riddance. You're moving to Oklahoma, all you need is a Ford pickup.

Tell Steve to arrange his own travel.

Sell, except for the sex swing.

Dude, do you KNOW how cheap the food that is bad for you is? Of course poor dudes are fat, you can buy fat for cheap. Salads and healthy food are expensive.

Have fun.

soonerbrat
1/15/2009, 09:37 AM
my ex husband

MojoRisen
1/15/2009, 09:48 AM
putting the seat down simultaneously with sitting down to pinch one off and having your testicles stuck between the toliet seat and the toliet with your full body weight crashing down.

BillyBall
1/15/2009, 10:53 AM
I thought this was going to be another Sic Em thread...

76soonergrad
1/15/2009, 05:32 PM
We, a family of 8--6 kids, moved 6 times in 18 months. 2 of them were re-locations, the other four b/c the rental we were in sold.

Then came his 2 year unemployment...My finding a job...His moving out of state, and a divorce action.

It could always be worse. Don't want to think how.
Stick with the Sooners.