PDA

View Full Version : OU - now 5 in Rivals top 100

Toronto Sooner
1/13/2009, 06:37 PM
36) Jamarkus McFarland (unfortunately, he fell from #20)
43) Lynn Gabe
44) Ronnell Lewis
73) Justin Chaisson
78) Kevin Brent

We only had 2 in the last version, and 1 not too long ago.

I hope we can get a major surprise, in R. Randle. Our slim chance of getting Randle might be fading fast, as I don't get the feeling Sam Bradford will be back next year - we'll find out soon enough.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1936

soonerfan28
1/13/2009, 08:40 PM
About Randle. I think it was nice to hear Tom Luginbill say that OU needs help at WR next on College Gameday today so maybe that will help persuade Randle to sign with OU. Probably not but there is always hope.

Toronto Sooner
1/14/2009, 02:22 AM
OU is thin at the WR position, for the first time in a long time. So far, we only have Jaz Reynolds coming in at WR. It seems like OU is often successful with a late push for top recruits. I think part of that is due to underclassmen declaring for the draft and additional scholarships coming available.

I think Randle would be wise to select OU. The situation has a lot to offer. Not only is OU one of the top schools in the country exposure wise, but of all the most elite schools OU is probably the only one that runs a pass happy high octane offense combined with a solid run game (at least none is as successful). Whether it's Sam at QB next year or L. Jones, the offense will likely not be different - L. Jones has the arm to distribute balls to WRs. Also, next year is set up perfectly for Randle to compete for immediate playing time. Of course, OU competes for championships and the national title year in and year out. (except for the unusual 90's) OU never rebuilts - it only retools.

Of course, if Randle wants to be a one man offense and get the entire spot light on him (like Julio Jones) then he should honestly not select OU.

I think Bob will find a second WR for this class, be it Randle or someone else. Bob is usually good at addressing need positions at the last stage of the recruitment process.