PDA

View Full Version : I think OU is screwed...

OU_Sooners75
1/13/2009, 03:44 PM
Seriously. If Bradford was staying you would think we would know by now.

I hope he comes back like the rest of us. But the delay in allowing us to know for sure is starting to worry me about his OU future.

I know when I have made a decision on something, I let it be known ASAP that way I could move on.

He either is not sure or he is leaving. I am leaning that he is leaving.

That or he is going to pull his best Teb ow impression and try to get the entire school there for his announcement!

Knippz
1/13/2009, 03:50 PM
In no way will OU be "screwed" if Sammy leaves. Next year will probably be a rebuilding year, but you realize that after next year (if Sammy leaves) that we will be a national title contender the 3 years after that.

Besides that, whether or not he comes back for next season, the focus of our offense next season will be the running game.

OU_Sooners75
1/13/2009, 03:53 PM
In no way will OU be "screwed" if Sammy leaves. Next year will probably be a rebuilding year, but you realize that after next year (if Sammy leaves) that we will be a national title contender the 3 years after that.

Besides that, whether or not he comes back for next season, the focus of our offense next season will be the running game.

Screwed may be too strong of a word...
but we will have to replace 4 Oline (that depends if Williams stays). 3 WRs. 1 QB. Not to mention I think Gresham definitely leaves early if Bradford is leaving.

That means we would have a whopping 3 returning Offensive starters (Clapp, Williams, and our RB).

rainiersooner
1/13/2009, 03:55 PM
Seriously. If Bradford was staying you would think we would know by now.

He either is not sure or he is leaving. I am leaning that he is leaving.

Maybe he's not sure whether he is staying or leaving.

TUSooner
1/13/2009, 03:55 PM

I hope. I don't know nuthin about his replacement. If Sam goes, I at least hope we get back to some basics like running the ball and playing some smashmouth D.

What bugs me is what it might be saying about OU when the St Tims and Dolts of the world stick with their skools. 'Course, they don't have Sam's goods, but still...

UTsucks
1/13/2009, 03:57 PM
All I care about is we BEAT THE SH!T out of TEXASS.

I swear if I have to listen to one more UT fan about 45-35 :pop:

OU_Sooners75
1/13/2009, 03:57 PM
I hope. I don't know nuthin about his replacement. If Sam goes, I at least hope we get back to some basics like running the ball and playing some smashmouth D.

What bugs me is what it might be saying about OU when the St Tims and Dolts of the world stick with their skools. 'Course, they don't have Sam's goods, but still...

It says Tim and the dolts of the world lack the skill needed to leave school early for the NFL.

soonermix
1/13/2009, 03:59 PM
we certainly won't be screwed. mnc contenders? we probably won't be the favorite. but we are OU and we will win a lot of football games

BOOMER SOONER

Knippz
1/13/2009, 03:59 PM
Screwed may be too strong of a word...
but we will have to replace 4 Oline (that depends if Williams stays). 3 WRs. 1 QB. Not to mention I think Gresham definitely leaves early if Bradford is leaving.

That means we would have a whopping 3 returning Offensive starters (Clapp, Williams, and our RB).

Basically what will happen is if Sam does come back, we have a very legit shot at being a national title contender next season. (Who's gonna beat us? The only really tough team we play is Texass.)

If he doesn't come back, then next year is a rebuilding year, in which we could still very likely end up with 10 wins.

I'm comfortable with whatever happens. Either way, it's good for the program.

TUSooner
1/13/2009, 04:33 PM
It says Tim and the dolts of the world lack the skill needed to leave school early for the NFL.

I merely implied what you said so well. :D

JLEW1818
1/13/2009, 05:21 PM
I just don't see what he is waiting for.....(if he comes back) i think he is gone....

soonermeteor
1/13/2009, 07:29 PM
I'm assuming the people saying were screwed thought we would be in 2007 after Bomar left? We only lost ONE game that year before Boise State and had another stolen from us.

texas bandman
1/13/2009, 10:50 PM
DOOMED!! :D

Leroy Lizard
1/14/2009, 04:08 AM
Who's gonna beat us? The only really tough team we play is Texass.

Why even play any of the other games? Just have the opponents concede and we can prep all year for the one tough game on our schedule.

OUmillenium
1/14/2009, 10:00 AM
I agree that Sam is probably leaving. The staff is having him wait till the last minute to shore up recruits, if possible. If he were staying it would be all over the news, no reason to wait.

Knippz
1/14/2009, 10:08 AM
Why even play any of the other games? Just have the opponents concede and we can prep all year for the one tough game on our schedule.

Pretty much.

sooneron
1/14/2009, 10:44 AM
With our running game and D returning next year, we will still be a very solid team. Let the pollsters drop us out of the top ten. I'll like that.

Do I want Sam back? Hells yeah.

On the OLine we have the following back with game experience-
C Brandon, T Williams (If he stays, which I think he will), B Simmons,J Hanna,B Eldridge,A Williams. They are going to need to gel early, but since they will be going against a very good DL every day, that can happen.
I realize that I left JG off, but I think he's gone with or without Sam.

soonerfan28
1/14/2009, 10:51 AM
I think he is torn at this torn, but I think the longer he waits the better chance we have at getting him back. If he wanted the money he was already announced he was leaving. Another year and he has his degree.I like our chances. People need to stop counting OU out with Jones at QB. We only lost 2 games in the regular season with Bradford as a RS freshman(- Texas Tech) and Jones has all the tools that Bradford does, but just needs a lil polishing.

htownsooner7
1/14/2009, 11:03 AM
We lost to Colorado as well.