PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone buy a ticket outside the stadium ?

boomermagic
1/13/2009, 11:09 AM
How much did you pay ? Just curious..

soccerburn55
1/13/2009, 11:12 AM
i was outside the stadium but couldnt afford the tickets upper levels were going for 500-600 lower level were going for 1000. although all the scalpers said that for 200 they could get you into the game and stand in the endzones for 200, sounded real legit. just ended up watching at a bar better than the 400 the 2 gator fans next to me payed for fake tickets

boomermagic
1/13/2009, 11:31 AM
i was outside the stadium but couldnt afford the tickets upper levels were going for 500-600 lower level were going for 1000. although all the scalpers said that for 200 they could get you into the game and stand in the endzones for 200, sounded real legit. just ended up watching at a bar better than the 400 the 2 gator fans next to me payed for fake tickets

WOW !!!!

BornandBred
1/13/2009, 11:32 AM
Had a friend pay $500 a ticket only to find they were fakes at the gate. I'd have murdered somebody.

BermudaSooner
1/13/2009, 12:21 PM
I saw very few selling, and nobody I would have trusted---like a family that just had an extra. My initial plan was to buy a ticket at the stadium--sure glad my buddy came through for me.

Can't imagine the pain of paying $500 for a fake, and then lose the game on top of it.

instigator
1/13/2009, 12:30 PM
Yermom and I paid $500 each about 5 minutes before kickoff. It was pretty scarce. Our tickets ended up being pretty good. We almost bought some fake ones but luckily an OU fan told us how to tell which ones were fake.

85sooners
1/13/2009, 12:35 PM
Yermom and I paid $500 each about 5 minutes before kickoff. It was pretty scarce. Our tickets ended up being pretty good. We almost bought some fake ones but luckily an OU fan told us how to tell which ones were fake.what is different on the fakes?

OUSuperman
1/13/2009, 01:02 PM
I was wondering what the prices were as well. I met a couple on my flight down there, and their plan was to get cheap tix outside. At the game I sat next to a FL couple sharing the same seat. Turns out the guy bought his ticket on craigslist the night before, couldn't find a ticket outside before the game for his lady, so he got her in with the $50 handshake.

Scotty
1/13/2009, 01:13 PM
what is different on the fakes?

+1

?

TXBOOMER
1/13/2009, 01:29 PM
There were a lot of fakes being sold in New Orleans a few years ago as well. I hate to hear that. Talk about a miserable trip...geez.

OUrules
1/13/2009, 01:49 PM
The fakes did not have the rasied OB logo in the middle of the ticket. I paid $350 ticket for 4 in the upper bowl around 2pm.

StoopTroup
1/13/2009, 02:08 PM
There definitely were quite a number of jackasses running around saying they had tickets for sale that more than likely weren't either legit or just fishin' around trying to **** off Sooners.

The ticket deal wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been in Florida. The Gators got lucky and they made the big one in their State. OU hasn't had the luxury of such a trip since we played in New Orleans. What sucked about that one was it was LSU we faced and it wasn't much better than what we saw this time.

If your not sure what a fake looks like. Don't buy it.

I saw the first really good fakes at Super Bowl XXXVI in New Orleans. They were even a little hard to spot if you had a real one to look at in front of you.

Always be careful anymore.

SoonerLB
1/13/2009, 02:15 PM
Note to self, have photo taken with ticket scalper. ;)

BoomerSooner, esq.
1/13/2009, 02:32 PM
A couple that was staying in our hotel bought two tickets for 300 a piece in Southbeach the morning of the game and they ended up being fake. They showed them to me and they looked pretty good to me. Really hard to tell the difference.

instigator
1/13/2009, 05:13 PM
The fakes did not have the rasied OB logo in the middle of the ticket. I paid $350 ticket for 4 in the upper bowl around 2pm.

Exactly. The embossed crystal football on the real ones. The fakes I saw were identical except for that.

JLEW1818
1/13/2009, 05:26 PM
wow, i would have to cut somebodys nuts off

yermom
1/13/2009, 05:52 PM
Yermom and I paid $500 each about 5 minutes before kickoff. It was pretty scarce. Our tickets ended up being pretty good. We almost bought some fake ones but luckily an OU fan told us how to tell which ones were fake.

and we found a pair of lower level tickets for $900 that an apparent scalper bought from under us for $1000

Sooner_Rog
1/13/2009, 06:16 PM
We got a pair for $1000. upper level 2 hours before kickoff. I took a picture of the guy, had him show me his drivers license and compared them to a pair of tickets nearby before we forked over the cash. Tickets where few and far between. My friend and I flew in from California and Texas to scalp tickets and I assumed they would be 400 or less. Lesson learned.

Overall I was pleased to get the seats, but the FU fans around us where freaking nuts, drunk as hell wanting to fight... I had to be careful not to get into it with them. Their own fans where pissed at these 3 aholes.

rainiersooner
1/13/2009, 06:36 PM
Note to self, have photo taken with ticket scalper. ;)

That's a great idea - a picture of the scalper and a picture of his driver's license...if he won't do that, you know your answer!

1890MilesToNorman
1/13/2009, 06:46 PM
With all those forged tickets floating around where was the vice squad or whoever is charged with that type of crime? :eek:

Red October
1/13/2009, 07:24 PM
Shows what a difference home field advantage has....4 Years ago against USC, I paid $40 an hour before kickoff...

yermom
1/13/2009, 07:29 PM
That's a great idea - a picture of the scalper and a picture of his driver's license...if he won't do that, you know your answer!

i likely would not do that if i was selling anything

SoonerLB
1/13/2009, 07:37 PM
My thought was to get a pic of the seller somehow, and if the tickets were/are bogus, then there is some evidence to give to the authorities. That seems to me the best way to protect one's self against these scumbags, and we all know things are not going to get any better any time soon.

JiuJitsuSooner
1/13/2009, 09:06 PM
we paid $600 for a couple and yeah they turned out to be fake!

bonkuba
1/13/2009, 09:30 PM
Man, I really feel bad for all of you guys that got took.

On the flip side I am really ashamed of the Sooner Fans that sold tix to Gaytor fans....really. I know that financial things happen (believe me).....but come on youknow that Sooners wanted the tix.

IM4OU2
1/14/2009, 05:07 AM
While hanging out by Gate H an hour or so before kickoff, I watched a group of three buy tickets from a guy at $650 per...don't know if they turned out to be fake or not, but I wouldn't have bought anything from the guy. Just something a bit shady about him.