PDA

View Full Version : Sitting in the KC airport...

OUstudent4life
1/12/2009, 08:03 PM
...wondering if anyone has ever accepted luggage to carry on from a stranger.

By all that's holy, I'm sick of airports. Two sets of interviews left. Boston at the end of the week (now with the coldest weather EVAR!) and then to sunny warm LA in two weeks (for a whole week, with fam out there).

I gotta say, the North Carolina airport is pretty nice.

And Chicago O'Hare can suck it. I know the weather isn't their fault, but still...

OUstudent4life
1/12/2009, 08:06 PM
...oh, and I think the waitresses at EVERY TGIFridays at DFW now know me by name. Gah.

Frozen Sooner
1/12/2009, 08:36 PM
...wondering if anyone has ever accepted luggage to carry on from a stranger.

By all that's holy, I'm sick of airports. Two sets of interviews left. Boston at the end of the week (now with the coldest weather EVAR!) and then to sunny warm LA in two weeks (for a whole week, with fam out there).

I gotta say, the North Carolina airport is pretty nice.

And Chicago O'Hare can suck it. I know the weather isn't their fault, but still...

Where are you interviewing in Boston? Little brother just accepted a job offer from Brigham&Women's (which is where he did his residency.)

Frozen Sooner
1/12/2009, 08:37 PM
And considering I just got done with almost two straight weeks of sub-zero weather with lows below -10 every day, I have no sympathy for what passes for cold in Mass.

Vaevictis
1/12/2009, 08:44 PM
Hell, I'm having a hard time even getting interviews. I wouldn't mind sitting in airports if it meant I might have a job at the end of it.

OUstudent4life
1/12/2009, 08:45 PM
The Boston Childrens combined Peds program. Kinda freaked that I got an interview there. My bro is starting a fellowship at the Brighams next year, so I thought, "what the hell. I'll take a shot.". Maybe if he and my SIL and me and my wife all end up out there, we'll be able to afford housing ;).

And no bar-b-q in the KC airport terminal that I'm in = EPIC FAIL

OUstudent4life
1/12/2009, 08:49 PM
Hell, I'm having a hard time even getting interviews. I wouldn't mind sitting in airports if it meant I might have a job at the end of it.

That's the amazingly awesomez thing about medicine. 4 years of school and you're 99% guaranteed a job for 3 years. Of course, it's 80 hours weeks for ~47K no matter what city you're in, but it's a job. I'm very very lucky.

Vaevictis
1/12/2009, 08:53 PM
Well finance was that way back when I started the MBA program... :) but it was more than 47k.

I could probably get a job in the engineering field, if I have to. I'd just rather do finance.

bluedogok
1/12/2009, 09:42 PM
The Boston Childrens combined Peds program. Kinda freaked that I got an interview there. My bro is starting a fellowship at the Brighams next year, so I thought, "what the hell. I'll take a shot.". Maybe if he and my SIL and me and my wife all end up out there, we'll be able to afford housing ;).
We considered relocating up there a few years back, my wife had a hard time with the cost of living up there, of course we were looking in Beacon Hill and Back Bay.
....and people in Texas think Austin is expensive :eek:

And no bar-b-q in the KC airport terminal that I'm in = EPIC FAIL
Is it still a 70's Brutalist concrete monstrosity?

There is a Salt Lick BBQ in the Austin airport, it is pretty good. They deliver the food there every morning from the original Driftwood location.

OUstudent4life
1/12/2009, 10:13 PM
Yes. I'm still trying to form an opinion on the security checkpoints for every 5 gates...I guess they didn't have a choice...

catsigater
1/12/2009, 11:40 PM
The KC airport is really sad.