PDA

View Full Version : Traber Has Spoken

Soonersince57
1/12/2009, 03:33 PM
He believes anyone that criticizes Tebow has something wrong with them and it makes him sick. So there. There must be something wrong with everyone else who doesn't bow at the TT altar.

SoonerLB
1/12/2009, 03:46 PM
Reckon he'll choke on this one then. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/RightReverendTimTMessiah.jpg

Collier11
1/12/2009, 04:17 PM
I get where Traber is probably coming from

Tebow is a good guy
Does ALOT of good for other people
He is a helluva football player
He plays the right way, etc...

The only prob I have with Tebow is that he seems to not be quite as humble as he should be for being such a great guy. I could be wrong though since I dont know the guy

The_Red_Patriot
1/12/2009, 04:26 PM
I never understand why anyone would listen to Traber or The Sports Animal(Tulsa or OKC)

1430thebuzz.com

Plank And Pop in the afternoons.......Way better than anything on the animal and Dan Patrick and Jim Rome in the mornings.

Pricetag
1/12/2009, 04:33 PM
I get where Traber is probably coming from

The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah is a good guy
Does ALOT of good for other people
He is a helluva football player
He plays the right way, etc...

The only prob I have with The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah is that he seems to not be quite as humble as he should be for being such a great guy. I could be wrong though since I dont know the guy
Yeah, it's a pretty naive and idealistic viewpoint from a guy who doesn't seem to lean that way in his other opinions.

It seemed to me like he was playing the Christian card, making it out that people are attacking Tebow for the mere fact that he is an outspoken Christian, which I don't believe.

Also, he acts like history isn't rife with folks made out to be the shiznit who weren't actually so.

Rhino
1/12/2009, 04:38 PM
1430thebuzz.com

Plank And Pop in the afternoons Sadly, they were replaced in OKC with Dave and Jenni. Ugh.

Plank and Pop have the best show in the state.

Soonersince57
1/12/2009, 04:49 PM
Sadly, they were replaced in OKC with Dave and Jenni. Ugh.

Thank you both. I didn't know about this one, but will try it out.

Mjcpr
1/12/2009, 04:51 PM
Sadly, they were replaced in OKC with Dave and Jenni. Ugh.

Srsly? :confused:

I think Plank is awful, as is Don King for the most part, and that is why I don't even listen to them anymore. I always listen to the Sports Animal.

Collier11
1/12/2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty naive and idealistic viewpoint from a guy who doesn't seem to lean that way in his other opinions.

It seemed to me like he was playing the Christian card, making it out that people are attacking The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah for the mere fact that he is an outspoken Christian, which I don't believe.

Also, he acts like history isn't rife with folks made out to be the shiznit who weren't actually so.

Traber himself is the last one who should be telling people how to live

Divorced
Children out of wedlock
Gambler
Used to drink enough to kill a horse
Disparages his ex wife on the air
etc...
I dont judge him for any of that cus I have my own faults but he shouldnt be judging others either

Collier11
1/12/2009, 04:57 PM
I love the SA but it has gone down hill

Eshbach used to be very knowledgeable, now he does nothing more than spew dirty jokes, interupt people to tell dirty jokes, and scream at people when they are right and he is wrong...not to mention you cant understand him

Traber I like other than he screams when someone proves him wrong

I love Spenozi, he should get his own show

Dean is unbearable at times with his arrogance and inability to have his own thought process

Hump man seems afraid to have his own opinion half the time

Rodgers is a big baby with this whole OU/Coach Stoops thing but not too bad to listen to otherwise

BBJ isnt bad I dont think

I enjoy the morning animals

TopDawg
1/12/2009, 05:11 PM
He believes anyone that criticizes The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah has something wrong with them and it makes him sick. So there. There must be something wrong with everyone else who doesn't bow at the TT altar.

There's a lot of room between "criticizing Tim Tebow" and "bowing at the TT altar."

I think quite a few media folks go overboard with their praise of Tim Tebow. But I think a lot of fans go overboard with their criticism of Tim Tebow. Some may wish that Tim did more to discourage the media attention, but I don't get the feeling that he goes out of his way to draw the attention to himself.

The way I see it, the media and the fans are the ones going overboard (media going one way, fans responding the other) and Tebow is in the middle.

boomersooner28
1/12/2009, 08:17 PM
Sorry, but Plank and pop are the suck. The last time I listened to them they were interviewing a small college BOWLING team from Buffalo! not even kidding. That day, I swore I would never listen to the OSU/TU loving asshats.

yermom
1/12/2009, 08:31 PM
The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah

lol

TheLurker
1/12/2009, 08:33 PM
Sorry, but Plank and pop are the suck. The last time I listened to them they were interviewing a small college BOWLING team from Buffalo! not even kidding. That day, I swore I would never listen to the OSU/TU loving asshats.
Just so you know, Poplin is an OU season ticket holder and fan, Plank is a TU alum and fan, and Don King is an OSU fan and alum.

SPuL
1/13/2009, 12:13 AM
Tim Tebow

^I just had to see it happen for myself LOL

sooner59
1/13/2009, 01:07 AM
I listen to the Sports Animal regularly. I normally understand where most of them are coming from (although I may not agree). Mark Rogers is someone who I am growing to dislike because he is increasingly becoming better than everyone else in his own mind.....just how it seems to me. Trabor is ok when he sticks to sports.....he tends to talk for 5-10 minutes about random crap that nobody cares about but him sometimes. Everyone else is ok I guess. I would rather listen to sports than music so I take the good with the bad.

adoniijahsooner
1/13/2009, 09:27 AM
Tim Tebow is a person just like everyone who post on this board. The bible says when you give alms, you should not let your left hand know what your right is doing; and speaks of people recieving the praise of men, and that being their only reward.

No one knows his heart, but all the praise and comments such as spending 5 minutes with Tebow can better your life are grating to everyone on the outside of Florida and the media. I never heard of Traber, but I do not give him permission to tell me who to worship, and I will never bow at the feet of Tebow! Never! My faith is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness.

adoniijahsooner
1/13/2009, 09:29 AM
are we not allowed to say Tebow without Tebow showing up?

BudSooner
1/13/2009, 10:16 AM
Down a shot of Yeagermeister everytime Traber says "Big Fella" "Gotta give it up to myself" and you will be drunk, in no time.

Fat ****.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/13/2009, 10:37 AM
I know I like hearing Sam Mayes in the morning instead of Robert Allen in those osu reports..Good lord Robert, take that big chip off your shoulder and eat it

I usually listen to the Tulsa SA and listening to Bob Carpenter is pretty good. MOD with Jerkins and Pat Jones is usually good.

I was in OKC yesterday and listened to Rodgers for about 5 minutes before I turned it..Glad I don't have to listen to him on the Tulsa SA

MrJimBeam
1/13/2009, 10:50 AM
Plank is a TU alum

My opinion of a degree earned at the University of Tulsa just went pppppfffttt.

Rhino
1/13/2009, 11:25 AM
I know I like hearing Sam Mayes in the morning instead of Robert Allen in those osu reports..Good lord Robert, take that big chip off your shoulder and eat it While I was no fan of RA, Sam Mayes is awful. Yesterday, he was asked about Tracy Moore, the TE from Tulsa Union that just committed to OSU. His response was something like this:

He should be a good addition to the class and he's a good player. He'll have a chance to play next year or he'll redshirt.

So you think he'll be a good player?

He has a chance to be. Ugh. That's some bland, non-committal sports talk right there.

CrimsonJim
1/13/2009, 11:36 AM
While I was no fan of RA, Sam Mayes is awful. Yesterday, he was asked about Tracy Moore, the TE from Tulsa Union that just committed to OSU. His response was something like this:
Ugh. That's some bland, non-committal sports talk right there.

Sounds more like lack of knowledge - which in and of itself is not surprising. :rolleyes:

Soonersince57
1/13/2009, 02:58 PM
Anyone know what happened to Ron Thulin on 930 a.m. in the afternoon? Last time I turned it on it was a Spanish channel. I don't think Ron speaks Spanish that well.

OUmillenium
1/13/2009, 03:03 PM
I love the SA but it has gone down hill

Eshbach used to be very knowledgeable, now he does nothing more than spew dirty jokes, interupt people to tell dirty jokes, and scream at people when they are right and he is wrong...not to mention you cant understand him

Traber I like other than he screams when someone proves him wrong

I love Spenozi, he should get his own show

Dean is unbearable at times with his arrogance and inability to have his own thought process

Hump man seems afraid to have his own opinion half the time

Rodgers is a big baby with this whole OU/Coach Stoops thing but not too bad to listen to otherwise

BBJ isnt bad I dont think

I enjoy the morning animals

I'm with this guy. Plus, there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many commericals so I don't listen much anymore. Sirius 122 is the best morning show. Morning animals are ok, but I need more meet and potatoe sports.;)

OUmillenium
1/13/2009, 03:05 PM
Tulsa sports radio is really weak, IMO. Pat Jones on the animal is good, when they had Bill Watts it was awesome. I can only listern to 1430 for about 5 minutes. When my IQ drops below 140 I get nauseated and have to change the channel.

CrimsonJim
1/13/2009, 03:14 PM
And the Trabster is off and bowing at the alter again this afternoon.....

Josh Eisenteith
1/13/2009, 08:13 PM
He believes anyone that criticizes The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah has something wrong with them and it makes him sick. So there. There must be something wrong with everyone else who doesn't bow at the TT altar.

I think the reason that put the local hatred for TT was the way that Traber's buddy Thom Brennenman and FOX put Tebow up on a pedestal so high that nobody could touch it. Sure Tebow is a great player, and a valuable assett to his team, but BY GOD, Sam Bradford was there too, and I cannot recall a single good thing said about a player who JUST WON the Heisman trophy. The way they talked TT up was way over biased and bordering on crime against sportsmanship.
Thom Brennenman should NEVER do another football game after this debacle, he is a Traber classed yardbird.

Josh Eisenteith
1/13/2009, 08:15 PM
I'm with this guy. Plus, there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many commericals so I don't listen much anymore. Sirius 122 is the best morning show. Morning animals are ok, but I need more meet and potatoe sports.;)

Sirius is the way to go.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
1/13/2009, 08:19 PM

Mike & Mike on SiriusXm is great. I still love the Morning Animal. Thats regional radio excellence. Traber just wishes he had as many Bronze Cassettes as they do. As for Traber he is an idiot and I would call and tell him that if I actually thought he might stay on the line and discuss why I felt that way. But every time someone calls and disagrees with him it usually ends with him yelling and saying "you're an idiot big man" and I just have better things to do with my time.

bonkuba
1/13/2009, 09:27 PM
Commercials.....geeeeeeesh.

It kills me....really. I have tried to listen to the station....but all I hear is "Let's take a call"...then 5 secs later...."We'll be right back...where ya at Al??......munch garble munch....I am at the Lucky star......spit....garble......then back for another call.......Traber....I am GREAT....then we'll be right back.

Repeat the above about 50 times and you have a typical 15 minutes on the animal :D

Scott D
1/13/2009, 09:32 PM
I'm still pretty sure that Japanese pitcher could have taken that fatass Traber in an honorable fight.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
1/13/2009, 09:48 PM
Commercials.....geeeeeeesh.

It kills me....really. I have tried to listen to the station....but all I hear is "Let's take a call"...then 5 secs later...."We'll be right back...where ya at Al??......munch garble munch....I am at the Lucky star......spit....garble......then back for another call.......Traber....I am GREAT....then we'll be right back.

Repeat the above about 50 times and you have a typical 15 minutes on the animal :D

You mean thats not how you are supposed to do radio? I thought you were supposed to eat, drink, chew tobbaco and gamble away your pay check all while "shaping the minds of todays youth":rolleyes:

OUmillenium
1/14/2009, 10:03 AM
I'm still pretty sure that Japanese pitcher could have taken that fatass Traber in an honorable fight.

Heh, I'll spek it.

Crimsontothecore
1/14/2009, 10:57 AM
Plank, King and Poplin suck. If they were the only alternative, I wouldn't listen to sports radio at all. Plank just likes to hear himself talk. He probably has a mirror attached to the mic. He and Poplin try to hard to be cute with every word they choose. I also hate the fact that they talk so much they hardly ever take calls.

Scott D
1/14/2009, 11:33 AM
You mean thats not how you are supposed to do radio? I thought you were supposed to eat, drink, chew tobbaco and gamble away your pay check all while "shaping the minds of todays youth":rolleyes:

you forgot the brs&i commercials every 3.7 minutes (at least in the time period where I tried listening to it).

Crimsontothecore
1/14/2009, 11:44 AM
Don't forget Traber also said that if Tebow lived in biblical times, he would have been stoned to death for his righteousness.

On second thought, Maybe Tebow and Jesus are very much alike. Both said they were coming back. ;)