PDA

View Full Version : Fat Jihad 2009

ousoonerfan
1/12/2009, 01:50 PM
In 2007, I shed 50 lbs over the course of the year working on the treadmill during my lunch hour. I felt great, looked better and had tons of energy. 2008 came and the wheels fell off of the bus. Here's a little background...

My father-in-law has alzheimers and it has progressed signifcantly over the course of the year. My wife and I traded houses with her parents last summer. We had outgrown our house and theirs was too much for my mother-in-law to take care of. It was a win-win situation. Their house was perfect for our needs. After the move, FIL has really had a hard time with everything. He forgets who his wife is, thinks there are other people in his house, and so on. Anyway him and I have lunch every Wednesday. The conversations have dwindled from really good to hardly at all. Lots of other details too numerous to go on with. If any of you have ever dealt with this disease, you understand.

My wife teaches 4th grade and last semester also taught at NSU two nights a week. The 8 year old is also busy with after school programs, cub scouts and weekend activities. The 4 year old, well, she's 4, enough said.

Basically, with all that, I got caught up in everyone else's to-do's and let mine go. Except for the rum and cokes in the evening!

...So, that being said I've gained back all the weight I lost, and a little extra for good measure! Today, I got back on the treadmill and have started the long climb of finding my thin self again in 2009. I'm not going to let the outside influences of my life stop me from my goal of losing 60 lbs this year. But I am also not going to forget my responsiblities and help my family too.

This year is going to be hard.

OU4LIFE
1/12/2009, 02:03 PM
Good luck brother. It's a lifelong battle that many people never have to face. I wish you the best of luck and you are not alone.

I have an april goal of not being embarrassed to take my short off at the beach this late april, (there's nothing I can do about the fur coat, people). Not saying I'll be svelt with a six pack, I don't mind being a little chubby, but the fatass address I'm currently at has GOT to go. So far I'm down 10 pounds from the start of the year.

Keep the faith.

ousoonerfan
1/12/2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks, I too hope to take the shirt off at lake on the boat by May.

IB4OU2
1/12/2009, 02:11 PM
Good luck brother. It's a lifelong battle that many people never have to face. I wish you the best of luck and you are not alone.

I have an april goal of not being embarrassed to take my short off at the beach this late april, (there's nothing I can do about the fur coat, people). Not saying I'll be svelt with a six pack, I don't mind being a little chubby, but the fatass address I'm currently at has GOT to go. So far I'm down 10 pounds from the start of the year.

Keep the faith.

I've never heard anybody address you like that buddy.

OU4LIFE
1/12/2009, 02:50 PM
well, not to my face. :D

Viking Kitten
1/12/2009, 03:35 PM
I have an april goal of not being embarrassed to take my short off at the beach this late april...

Was that a Freudian slip indicating you like to get nakey at the beach?

IB4OU2
1/12/2009, 03:52 PM
Was that a Freudian slip indicating you like to get nakey at the beach?

Uh oh! The furs gonna fly. :D

Viking Kitten
1/12/2009, 03:54 PM
"Look mommy! That big gorilla is holding a banana!"

swardboy
1/12/2009, 04:09 PM
I've been a week on the Atkins bandwagon and have lost ten lbs. I loves my bacon!!

soonerboomer93
1/12/2009, 04:27 PM
atkins can be extremely unhealthy as an fyi

so is south beach

it's primarily stage 1 and stage 2, where you consume 0-very little carbs.

I actually found, increasing my carb intake to a reasonable level still allows me to maintain weightloss, and I have more energy overall.

reasonable carbs for me is oatmeal in the morning (quaker weightcontrol) and whole grain bread during lunch. I don't do the bread everyday, but I don't let my body go into that ketosis stuff either.

soonerboomer93
1/12/2009, 04:48 PM
oh, and best of luck to everyone who is fat jihading

NormanPride
1/12/2009, 05:16 PM
I'm starting this (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) tonight, and with baj's help I can complete the program. Running has always been a weakness of mine, and I want to turn it into a strength.

We also just bought a weight set and I will be using it as well.

C&CDean
1/12/2009, 05:21 PM
I don't eat a lot of carbs, but the key to any long-term PERMANENT weight loss is your lifestyle. And portions.

I could eat nothing but Phase I South Beach food and still gain weight because I eat like a ****ing pig. Huge portions. If you follow the whole South Beach program - through Phase III and beyond you will stay slim, healthy, and be happy. You just gotta watch the portion size.

IB4OU2
1/12/2009, 05:37 PM
I don't eat a lot of carbs, but the key to any long-term PERMANENT weight loss is your lifestyle. And portions.

I could eat nothing but Phase I South Beach food and still gain weight because I eat like a ****ing pig. Huge portions. If you follow the whole South Beach program - through Phase III and beyond you will stay slim, healthy, and be happy. You just gotta watch the portion size.

So you're on a See food diet too...welcome to the club. :D

OklahomaTuba
1/12/2009, 05:39 PM
Beer is my worst enemy and I am now drinking Becks light premium which is only 64 calories.

Of course, its like drinking beer flavored spring water, but I like it.

SteelCitySooner
1/12/2009, 08:49 PM
Fat Jihaders Unite!

I just started my second round of P90X today. The first round did wonders for my overall fitness leval and physique...quickest weight loss and best fitness program I have ever done. I went from 27% body fat down to 15% in 3 months. But it is VERY time consuming....1.5 hours daily workouts (6 days a week, 7 if you do the optional stretch). This time around, i'm going to actually do the 3 phase diet that comes with it and hopefully see even better results..hopefully to around 10% body fat... the damn beer might get in the way of that though. But because of the high intensity of the workouts, the diet has you eating A LOT.

Viking Kitten
1/12/2009, 11:47 PM

Yeah, this is pretty much the deal right here. You'd be surprised (and like me, a little sad) to discover how little food a person really needs. And it really helps to eat five or six smaller means instead of three big ones. Keeps your blood sugar all stable and such.

StoopTroup
1/13/2009, 01:52 AM
I just ate a couple of chocolate chip cookies before bed. They were the yum.

OU4LIFE
1/13/2009, 08:19 AM
so, your saying size matters?

setem
2/16/2009, 03:37 PM
I know that I have jumped on the Jihad bandwagon before but I really am going to try and lose weight. I have perfect motivation(a woman) and all the tools I need.

I have been doing great for the last week and I just need to stay motivated. I am trying to lose 100lbs by my birthday. By the end of high school baseball season I should be a new man!

Wish me luck!

BillyBall
2/16/2009, 03:49 PM
Ive been trying this diet out for roughly 29 years.

More Calories burned than Calories consumed, it seems to work.

1890MilesToNorman
2/16/2009, 04:53 PM
You boys keep yer shirts on and I'll keep mine on! Deal?

John Kochtoston
2/16/2009, 07:02 PM
For all fat jihaders, Weight Watchers ftw (http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx). I'm down a buck-fifty since April, and I rarely, if ever, feel hungry.

swardboy
2/17/2009, 04:30 PM
Down 20 since beginning of year....have tried to add good carbs slowly.
Can't believe I learned to make tabouli ! Cracked wheat with 0 carb additives. Well, except for some tomato, but no big deal.

setem
3/16/2009, 11:53 PM
Hydroxy Cut and not eating everything in sight ftw!

I have lost 40lbs in the last month and a half!