PDA

View Full Version : A great year IMO

OUmillenium
1/12/2009, 12:46 PM
Going in to each year, as a Sooner fan there are 3 things that could possibly make a very satisfying football season...
1. Big 12 Championship
2. Heisman Trophy
3. BCS Championship

Getting just one of those means a lot to the program and generally translates into some excellent football.

We can check off 1. and 2. for 2008 and made a strong attempt at 3.

I really enjoyed watching the team this year. 3 Big 12 Championships in a row is awesome. 2nd Heisman trophy in 6 years is awesome. 4th BCS champ game in the decade is great, just wish we could have won it obviously.

I don't drink all the "kool aid" and can criticize some obvious shortcomings at times but thoroughly enjoyed this season.

A lot to look forward to next year, even if Sam doesn't come back.
-OSUx in Norman
-setting Uterus straight in Dallas
-Bradford going after another Heisman or the development of Landry Jones
-An experienced and healthy defense
-Demarco, Madu, and the other RBs
-breaking our streak in Lubbock
-you guys can add to the list, I gotta go to lunch

Stoops is the man.

JLEW1818
1/12/2009, 01:12 PM
yep bring on 09

BoulderSooner79
1/12/2009, 01:36 PM
I agree. It's accepted wisdom that you don't get a championship team if it is a rebuilding year for an entire unit - especially the defense. Kudos to the coaching staff and team for winning the conference and getting a slot in the BCS title game anyway.

OUmillenium
1/13/2009, 02:59 PM
So with a lot of experience, returning talent on D, do we compete for the championship again since we only have to fill in some holes on offense?

They say defense wins championships. Can we win in a 13-2 like fashion?

Can we hold down OSUx, Uterus, tech, etc. rather than trying to win in a shootout?

texas bandman
1/13/2009, 03:16 PM
I always worry about Tech in Lubbock. These dang sand aggies think they're invincible here (and they nearly are). Luckily they'll be breaking in a new quarterback and won't have Crabtree, so hopefully we can break the streak.

1890MilesToNorman
1/13/2009, 03:24 PM
2 out of 3 ain't bad! :D :D

Dan Thompson
1/13/2009, 03:28 PM
I really looked forward to Sam taking the snap in the shotgun and letting fly.

TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA.

soonerfan715
1/13/2009, 03:49 PM
They did have an awesome season. Can't win the championship if you aren't in the game. We did a heck of alot better than the other 117 teams in D1 football did.