PDA

View Full Version : The Last Press Conference

StoopTroup
1/12/2009, 09:54 AM
I know I've been critical of President Bush...

I'd like to say this...I do believe he is a Great American. I do think he's handling this Press Conference correctly. He's being honest, forthright, funny, insightful and hopeful. I wish him well in retirement and believe he loves this Country.

GW...thanks for keeping us safe. Thanks for making hard decisions many of us would never want to have to make. Thanks for this last Press Conference. I'm sure it was something you might not wanted to have done. You handled it well.

ST

StoopTroup
1/12/2009, 10:07 AM
Dear Matt Lauer...

I'm pretty sure President Elect Obama might have listened to President Bush give his Last Press Conference. Your a ******.

ST

Hot Rod
1/12/2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I agree he loves this country and the best he could while in office. I do not wish what Bush has had to endure while in office (attacks on US soil, hunt for Al-Qeada, capture of Saddam, two major hurricanes, etc) on any President. I know it's been a rough road for him and I wish him the best.

It's must hard being the most powerful man in the world and being human.

Hot Rod
1/12/2009, 10:20 AM
^
|
|
Yeah, what he said

StoopTroup
1/12/2009, 10:26 AM
Agreed HotRod.

At the end here....he stood up faced the American People and the World and was Presidential. A moment I've been waiting for for a long time.

I do hope the hard decisions he made do pan out and write a positive for him historically. I never wished for him to fail. Seems to me he wanted many of the same things I wanted for our Country...I just think he could have handled things differently.

His job is not an easy job. He did the best he could. The ones that left him and weren't able to stay the course....left him in the cold IMO. I've got little for them.

M
1/12/2009, 04:50 PM
"misunderestimate"

:rolleyes: ;)

OUHOMER
1/12/2009, 05:23 PM
Agreed HotRod.

At the end here....he stood up faced the American People and the World and was Presidential. A moment I've been waiting for for a long time.

I do hope the hard decisions he made do pan out and write a positive for him historically. I never wished for him to fail. Seems to me he wanted many of the same things I wanted for our Country...I just think he could have handled things differently.

His job is not an easy job. He did the best he could. The ones that left him and weren't able to stay the course....left him in the cold IMO. I've got little for them.

I didn't see the pc, but i agree with you, tough job, I wouldnt want it. I think he could have done a few things better or differently as well. Too be honest i dont think there is a man alive today who could pacify all of the masses.

OklahomaTuba
1/12/2009, 05:51 PM
This had to be the toughest Presidency for anyone since FDR. Maybe since the civil war!!

In any case, he kept us safe, and I will always be thankful for that.

I doubt anyone would have believed that to be possible on Sept. 12th.

Okla-homey
1/12/2009, 06:35 PM
And while I admit Katrina could have been better managed, vis-a-vis telling the collection of knuckleheads then running Louisiana they were out of their league and thus he was declaring federal martial law, his statement: "we did pull thirty-thousand off rooves" amidst the flood, made his point pretty well IMHO.

StoopTroup
1/13/2009, 01:27 AM
Agreed all. He never claimed to be the smartest guy around.

I like the guy he's become.

The one prior to the Presidency...not so much.

Not to many guys who have held the office have left unchanged.

Reagan's exit speech still makes me proud to be an American to this very day. It was something that more folks should take to heart in this country. He was a Great American also.