PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we don't have Chris Brown next year?

soonerfan28
1/12/2009, 09:46 AM
The guy is draft eligible and if he feels he could do good at Pro day and the combine he might decide to make the leap. He's been a good back for OU and he hasn't been injured. I know they had him in the 4.4's when he came out of HS, but my guess is that he's probably somehwere in the 4.5's. Nobody's got him leaving but I could see it.

BornandBred
1/12/2009, 09:52 AM
I think he'll be good at the next level, but I don't see him leaving yet. I could be wrong, but I see him sticking around with his good friend DM.

olevetonahill
1/12/2009, 12:42 PM
I dont see Him leaving early But then I saw US winning #8 :eek:

JLEW1818
1/12/2009, 01:01 PM
Too many other big name RBs.

soonerfan28
1/12/2009, 01:14 PM
If he's worried about running behind a bad OU line like people are saying that Bradford might be worried about then why not do it. Brown is never going to be a big name back and next year he'll potentially have to compete with other backs in the draft. Murray to name 1.

ouwapiti
1/12/2009, 05:40 PM
he's a dang good runner...but just doesnt seem to have 'house' type speed....i sure hope he returns....dependable and not a fumbler

BoulderSooner79
1/12/2009, 05:43 PM
I know if I'm an NFL coach or GM, I wouldn't let Brown drift down the board too far. RBs have the shortest careers of all positions and you can't stock enough reliable, polished runners.

soonerfan28
1/12/2009, 07:07 PM
I like our chances with or without Brown. I think if Calhoun doesn't make the rotation then he's gone before the season ever starts. When he came out people said he would be playing this past season. There is no way that he sits another year. I think JJ may be in for a position switch. Safety maybe.

DMAFB_Sooner08
1/12/2009, 08:18 PM
If he's worried about running behind a bad OU line like people are saying that Bradford might be worried about then why not do it. Brown is never going to be a big name back and next year he'll potentially have to compete with other backs in the draft. Murray to name 1.

I dont believe it will be bad O-line...inexperienced..yes, but not bad, they will figure it out by the time Conference games roll around!!

adoniijahsooner
1/12/2009, 11:52 PM

Next Years team (If Sam comes back) will be better than this years team imo.

sooner59
1/12/2009, 11:56 PM

Without Gresham, our receivers, and linemen, it will be a learning process through the first half of the season, but our D and special teams should be much improved. We should be a more well-rounded team if the offense shapes up nice.

BoulderSooner79
1/13/2009, 12:01 AM

Stop hoggin' that crimson kool-aid, and pass some over here. :P

Crucifax Autumn
1/13/2009, 12:22 AM
We might lose him...

But then again the sun might go supernova or perhaps OU will announce it's closing due to the current economic situation...

In other words...He'll be back.

ouleaf
1/13/2009, 12:43 PM
I think Chris has all the tools to be a capable and in time a very productive RB at the next level. He'll draw plenty of interest after NFL teams start watching his film and if he tests well then his stock will bump up even more.

that being said, if he came out this year, I'd be surprised if he was taken before the 4th round. He's definitely worth using a draft pick on IMO. He could really be a steal for some team as the NFL is evolving more and more into a RB by committee league.

Sherpa
1/13/2009, 04:45 PM
Is he having grade problems? I had not heard that.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/13/2009, 05:21 PM
He's back

starclassic tama
1/13/2009, 05:59 PM
i remember getting ripped on here before the season for saying that brown has better vision than murray and might be a better pure running back. brown is one of those players that doesn't look like much, but he is elusive and picks the right holes. then before you know it he has turned those 5-6 yard gains into 100+ yards and a few scores

TheGodfather889
1/13/2009, 06:01 PM
I believe Chris Brown is the type of player that needs to improve his draft stock as it isn't very high right now so I would be shocked if he did not return to OU.

OU_Sooners75
1/13/2009, 07:41 PM
I dont see Him leaving early But then I saw US winning #8 :eek:
Maybe we should start being negative before all BCS Games?

LOL Kdding!

soonerfan28
1/13/2009, 08:24 PM
I believe Chris Brown is the type of player that needs to improve his draft stock as it isn't very high right now so I would be shocked if he did not return to OU.

What can he really do to improve his draft stock? He's been productive for 3 years and he's as big as he's going to get on a 5'10 frame. He'll be in the same situation next year sharing time in a more crowded backfield. I'm only playing devils advocate, but he's the Curtis Lofton of this class in that he's not going to get bigger or faster.