PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Read re: BCSCG...

westcoast_sooner
1/12/2009, 12:26 AM
I've been reading a lot of what this guy writes. Lots of Xs and Os type stuff, but good thoughts on overall football philosophy too.

In any case, his comments regarding the BCS Championship Game were interesting.

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/2009/01/smart-notes-florida-wins-bcs-edition.html

Crucifax Autumn
1/12/2009, 01:31 AM
Decent analysis

Leroy Lizard
1/12/2009, 02:12 AM
That's a pretty cool site. The writers seem to be reasonably knowledgable about the sport.

swardboy
1/12/2009, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the link. One of the comments brought a painful aspect of the game to me: Throwing short of the first down/touchdown. Even if Sam's first int. had been completed, I don't think there's anyway the receiver could have made it into the endzone (4th down play). I realize that our receivers are excellent runners as well, but when it's fourth down you've got to throw beyond the first down marker.

SoonerLB
1/12/2009, 10:31 AM
And much has already been made about the slowness of their no-huddle tempo. I agree that they probably spent too much time in their check-with-the-sidelines no-huddle, rather than the faster version where they just get a play and go.

In my opinion, that is the #1 reason we're not #1.

Partial Qualifier
1/12/2009, 10:56 AM
Nice to see some actual analysis.. too bad the TV commentators couldn't offer any. at. all.

After the sting of losing wore off, I became really aghast at how bad the announcers and overall TV production was. HORRIBLE.