PDA

View Full Version : 24 - Day 7

Pages : 1 [2]

Getem
5/19/2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah, it was a great finale except for the lack of finality. I'm glad Tony turned out to be somewhat un-evil. At least in the conventional sense. I'm hoping his willingness to blow Jack up and/or harvest his organs was due to the knowledge that Jack was dying anyway. What better way to go than to take out one of the ring.

bri
5/19/2009, 09:51 PM
I think Tony's single-minded quest for revenge tips his scales to "evil". I mean, look at all the sh*t he was willing to do just to get to the big bad.

Sooner98
5/19/2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah, instead of a countdown to 8:00 to end the show, they might as well have ended with "TO BE CONTINUED".

Is next season definitely the final season for the show? I have a feeling it's just about run its course.

bri
5/19/2009, 10:10 PM
I don't know...I think we're gonna see a different Jack in Day 8. Plus, how long has it been since he's had a proper partner? I look forward to watching Jack and Renee torturing their way through the day. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/20/2009, 12:06 AM
I don't know...I think we're gonna see a different Jack in Day 8. Plus, how long has it been since he's had a proper partner? I look forward to watching Jack and Renee torturing their way through the day. :DWith both Janice(Garafalo, anti-American in the real world) and Alan Wilson(senior traitorous defense contractor) in her control in a locked room, Renee is in position to do some very creative interrogation, employing some of the neat tricks she should have learned from Jack. Will she wait til next year to begin, or exact the excruciating pain during the off-season?

bri
5/20/2009, 12:15 AM
My money's on off-season. We'll probably pick back up 6 months to a year later; Jack will be recovering, Tony will be in prison, and Renee will probably be on trial for what she did to Wilson, who probably skates on a technicality. Day 8 brings all the loose ends back together to stop this year's shadowy cabal from being naughty again. Also, more drama with the White Palmers.

And really, who expected Henry to the be Taylor equivalent of Sherry Palmer? Not me.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/20/2009, 12:31 AM
My money's on off-season. We'll probably pick back up 6 months to a year later; Jack will be recovering, Tony will be in prison, and Renee will probably be on trial for what she did to Wilson, who probably skates on a technicality. Day 8 brings all the loose ends back together to stop this year's shadowy cabal from being naughty again. Also, more drama with the White Palmers.

And really, who expected Henry to the be Taylor equivalent of Sherry Palmer? Not me.Well, they prolly DO need to rest up for a while. Not too many folks could keep up that pace for 24 hours straight on an every-day basis.

What do you suppose Renee will learn from Wilson?...and how much disfigurement will she give Garafalo?

Fraggle145
5/20/2009, 03:20 AM

And really, who expected Henry to the be Taylor equivalent of Sherry Palmer? Not me.

Kim dies on the table... you heard it here first. :pop:

swardboy
5/20/2009, 10:09 AM
Jack starts an islamic mission and tortures christians....you heard it here first.

bri
5/20/2009, 11:14 AM
Kim dies on the table... you heard it here first. :pop:

Actually, my Super Crazy Theory is that the producers know that we all assume the experimental stem cell treatment will work, and "having Keifer back for season 8" translates to "he'll be making a cameo as a corpse".

TMcGee86
5/20/2009, 12:20 PM
I think this just set up the movie.

They have been talking about the movie for a while, this season gave them a perfect opportunity to tie up all the loose ends in a movie, and then have next season be whatever they want.

I feel so used.

bri
5/20/2009, 12:24 PM
No, it won't be a movie. They've all said they'll only do a movie once they're completely done with the series.

Actually, they've already started production on season 8. So far Mary Lynn Rajskub has confirmed that Agent Freckles and President Pumpkinhead are back; no big shock, but still.

TMcGee86
5/20/2009, 01:53 PM
geh. Pumpkinhead was the only thing I didn't like about this season.

Freckles is good, no doubt, but I would have preferred not to look at pumpkinhead for another season.

Getem
5/20/2009, 05:34 PM
Actually my crazy azz theory says that Kim dies, Jack goes a little nuts and busts Tony and Walker (who, being inexpert in the torture arts, kills Wilson) out to help him go get the ring, who has his grandchild, as Kim's hubby turns out to be one of them. The Prez's daughter kills herself, followed by several more uncomfortable moments of the 1st Husband staring hatefully at his wife. Later, Henry and the Prez make out. Some people we thought were dead show up. Chloe gets a new laptop.