PDA

View Full Version : A little look at 2009

JLEW1818
1/11/2009, 06:53 PM
If Sam comes, back this is what I am assuming will be the top four Pre-Season rankings.

1) Florida
2) Texas
3) USC
4) Oklahoma

Schedule for each team

Florida schedule 2009

Charleston Southern
Troy
Tennessee
@ Kentucky
@LSU
Arkansas
@Mississippi State
Vs Georgia
Vandy
@ South Carolina
Florida International
Florida State

Texas schedule 2009

Louisiana-Monroe
@Wyoming
Central Florida
UTEP
Colorado
Vs Oklahoma
@Missouri
@Oklahoma State
Texas Tech
@Baylor
Kansas
@ Texas A&M

USC schedule 2009

San Jose State
@ Ohio State
@ Washington
Washington State
@ Cal
Arizona
@ Notre Dame
Oregon State
@ Oregon
@ Arizona State
Stanford
UCLA

Oklahoma Schedule 2009

Vs BYU
Tulsa
@Miami
(Open so far, will be a home game)
Baylor
Vs Texas
@Kansas
Kansas State
@Nebraska
Texas A&M
@Texas Tech
Oklahoma State

delhalew
1/11/2009, 07:02 PM
Well, we prolly end up with best schedule. So far so good.

soonerfan28
1/11/2009, 07:06 PM
USC loses 8 starters on defense if Taylor Mays goes pro. Have fun stopping Pryor in the Horseshoe.

OU_Sooners75
1/11/2009, 07:08 PM
Miami, Texas, and Nebraska at this point in time look to be the toughest games on that schedule.

8 teams that went bowling in 2008.

pappy
1/11/2009, 07:16 PM
I expect okstate to be pretty tough but they won't give us a challenge in norman. I think kansas will be the best team in the north next year but they do have us and the whorns on their schedule and that will give them 2 conference losses right there or should anyway.

JLEW1818
1/11/2009, 07:18 PM
the pokes open up with Georgia, i'm sure gameday will either be in stoolwater or dallas, week 1.

USC has some hard conference away games

TXBOOMER
1/11/2009, 07:22 PM
We will win the Big 12 Championship again, if Sam is back we will probably run the table. suc and Florida have a good chance of running the table. There is always a shocker or two though. texass will lose at least two next year after losing their defensive line. Musschump won't have as much to work with next year.

TXBOOMER
1/11/2009, 07:24 PM
the pokes open up with Georgia, i'm sure gameday will either be in stoolwater or dallas, week 1.

USC has some hard conference away games

I am so over gameday. F that show!

JLEW1818
1/11/2009, 07:25 PM
Who u like in the big 12 north???? Kansas?

pappy
1/11/2009, 07:25 PM
quick question on our open date...I thought we had a home and home with cincy but it may be with a year inbetween like our home and home with miami is/was

JLEW1818
1/11/2009, 07:26 PM
I am so over gameday. F that show!

lol ya, but u gotta remember getting a win when gameday is there can help in the polls...... sad but true. A national televised game can never hurt if you win .

pappy
1/11/2009, 07:26 PM
yes I like kansas...they're gonna have a really good offense and don't lose much on defense.

JLEW1818
1/11/2009, 07:28 PM
yah, @cincy will be next year

JLEW1818
1/11/2009, 07:30 PM
lol the 2010 schedule is actually already completed....

Air Force
Florida State
@Cincy
Utah State
10/02 - Texas (Dallas)
10/16 - Iowa State
10/23 - at Missouri
10/30 - Colorado
11/06 - at Texas A&M
11/13 - Texas Tech
11/20 - at Baylor
11/26 or 27 - at OSU

(but lets not get toooo far ahead) haha

pappy
1/11/2009, 07:31 PM
ok good to know.

OU_Sooners75
1/11/2009, 07:36 PM
I expect okstate to be pretty tough but they won't give us a challenge in norman. I think kansas will be the best team in the north next year but they do have us and the whorns on their schedule and that will give them 2 conference losses right there or should anyway.

How exactly is Kansas going to be the best team in the North? They lose 9 starters due to graduation.

Nebraska was the best team in the North the latter part of the season. That is the reason I think Nebraska will be the team to watch out for from the North next season.

JLEW1818
1/11/2009, 07:38 PM
Neb will be ready to play us

soonerfan28
1/11/2009, 07:40 PM
USC sets up for at least 2 losses. @OSU and @Oregon.

delhalew
1/11/2009, 07:43 PM
How exactly is Kansas going to be the best team in the North? They lose 9 starters due to graduation.

Nebraska was the best team in the North the latter part of the season. That is the reason I think Nebraska will be the team to watch out for from the North next season.

Bingo! My moneys on Nebbish.

pappy
1/11/2009, 07:45 PM
ku's offense will be really tough next year...they will have the 2nd best wr in the big 12 (briscoe) and reesing is back. I think nebraska will be right there too I just have a gut feeling it will be KU.

nytehorn
1/11/2009, 07:45 PM
TXBOOMER, we had to rotate guys in and out all year to keep pace with these fast paced Big 12 offenses. Orakpo will definately be missed, but all the rest shared time. The 'backers and DB's should be stellar, with a year of experience. I realize you guys did the same thing, having to chase around all these offenses; just saying it is not as bad as it seems on paper.

pappy
1/11/2009, 07:46 PM
but in the end the only thing that matters is that ou beats everyone they play and whoever wins the big 12 north is irrelevent

OU_Sooners75
1/11/2009, 07:50 PM
TXBOOMER, we had to rotate guys in and out all year to keep pace with these fast paced Big 12 offenses. Orakpo will definately be missed, but all the rest shared time. The 'backers and DB's should be stellar, with a year of experience. I realize you guys did the same thing, having to chase around all these offenses; just saying it is not as bad as it seems on paper.

Texas will not be the same team next year. Bank on it.

No offense to Texas or their fan base...but they overachieved a lot in 2008.

TXBOOMER
1/11/2009, 07:50 PM
I like Kansas or maybe even Neb. The north is going to suck next year.

nytehorn
1/11/2009, 07:58 PM
The bottom line is; Texas returns 9-11 on offense, and OU returns 5-11, IF Sam returns, losing 4-5 offensive linemen. No offense, but if I'm gonna get sacked all the time, I'll do it in the pro's, and get millions to do it! Sam should run with the money, while it is there!

TXBOOMER
1/11/2009, 08:00 PM

Orakpo, Miller, Melton and Lewis are all gone. That is gonna have to hurt. I wish Sergio Kindle was going. I $till don't under$tand how you guy$ talked him into coming back.;)

pappy
1/11/2009, 08:01 PM
ou has a lot of experience returning to the o-line next year thanks to blowouts this year...trent williams is a returning starter and simmons actually started a couple games this year and the other guys expected to start a side from jones got playing time this year and jones got playing time last year with lsu.

fadada1
1/11/2009, 08:02 PM
i just gotta ask...

who, in the heck is charleston southern? seriously, are they even 1AA???

nytehorn
1/11/2009, 08:03 PM
You are right OU Sooners75, we did over achieve! I thought 8-4 looking at the schedule. But, the talent is there, just young, and now, they are experienced. Will be interesting next few years.

OU_Sooners75
1/11/2009, 08:04 PM
The bottom line is; Texas returns 9-11 on offense, and OU returns 5-11, IF Sam returns, losing 4-5 offensive linemen. No offense, but if I'm gonna get sacked all the time, I'll do it in the pro's, and get millions to do it! Sam should run with the money, while it is there!

LOL

yet, Texas replaced what 8 defensive starters from 2007?

Love your ill logic whorn.

Fact:
OU will be faster and slightly smaller at the OLine. They did rotate Olinemen this year. So we have game time experience. Also, it does not take long for Olinemen to gel as a unit. I know this from experience.
Fact:
OU's WRs next year will be a lot more dangerous than they were this season. They will be taller and faster.
Fact:
Sam will not be getting sacked a lot...but thanks for being a whorn and not understanding this sport.
Fact:
Texas sucks and you are on a Sooner board.

OU_Sooners75
1/11/2009, 08:06 PM
You are right OU Sooners75, we did over achieve! I thought 8-4 looking at the schedule. But, the talent is there, just young, and now, they are experienced. Will be interesting next few years.

Should be interesting to watch how may airplane flyovers the shortwhorns pay for in the next 2 years.

nytehorn
1/11/2009, 08:11 PM
That is what I am saying guys....we both played subs half the time almost, so is no great drop-off once they leave. All-Americans are hard to replace, but that next guy in line believes he can be one too. That is a luxury we at Texas and OU take for granted now-a-days. It wasn't that way in the early days of the Big 12.

TXBOOMER
1/11/2009, 08:11 PM

Trent Williams (hopefully will stay) will move to left tackle from right tackle. Jason Hannon saw a lot of action and played well at center (he played about half of the texas game this year). Brian Simmons played a ton and will start at a guard. That takes care of three spots in a good way. Jarvis Jones (transfer from LSU) saw lots of action as a true freshman before he decided to transfer should be pretty good and ready to go. Cory Brandon played in spots this year at tackle and we have a JUCO guy coming in that should compete. I truly think we will be fine on the O-line. I am just hoping Trent Williams comes back.

JLEW1818
1/11/2009, 08:51 PM
I cant see Trent leaving.....unless he really needs the money, which he might, i dunno.

The USC schedule looks hard, they will lose at least 1 game, and like most years thats all it takes. USC has never played for a BCS National Title while losing a game in the regular season. How the computers work, USC is gonna have to go undefeated, if texas loses a game, they are done, the non conference games will hurt texas in the rankings yet again.

Dan Thompson
1/11/2009, 09:07 PM
The OSU is a home game for USC.

reevie
1/11/2009, 09:22 PM
Why did Texas agree to go Wyoming? What do they have to gain from going up there?

sooner ngintunr
1/11/2009, 09:24 PM
The OSU is a home game for USC.

It's in Columbus. Am I missing something?:confused:

illinisooner
1/11/2009, 10:12 PM
Why did Texas agree to go Wyoming? What do they have to gain from going up there?

I'm guessing it's a 2 for 1 deal, where Texas agrees to play in Laramie if the Cowboys play in Austin twice. Several teams are doing this in order to avoid paying patsies 700-800k to complete the non conference schedule. Maybe one of the resident Horns could help out on this one. I'm sure some people wonder the same thing about our schedule when we play at Tulsa.

UTgolfer
1/11/2009, 10:27 PM
I'm guessing it's a 2 for 1 deal, where Texas agrees to play in Laramie if the Cowboys play in Austin twice.

We go to Laramie in 2009 and have home games in 2010 and 2012

IBleedCrimson
1/11/2009, 10:50 PM
Neb will be ready to play us

yup. they get fired up in lincoln regardless, and they get really fired up when the big red rivalry heats up. should be a great game

BASSooner
1/11/2009, 11:21 PM
LOL

yet, Texas replaced what 8 defensive starters from 2007?

Love your ill logic whorn.

Fact:
OU will be faster and slightly smaller at the OLine. They did rotate Olinemen this year. So we have game time experience. Also, it does not take long for Olinemen to gel as a unit. I know this from experience.
Fact:
OU's WRs next year will be a lot more dangerous than they were this season. They will be taller and faster.
Fact:
Sam will not be getting sacked a lot...but thanks for being a whorn and not understanding this sport.
Fact:
Texas sucks and you are on a Sooner board.

allow me to add a little side note to this fact.

They are also, in my opinion more talented. Remember Malcolm Kelly and how difficult it was to stop him? Now we have two of them. DeJuan Miller 6'6 and Jameel Owens 6'3 (possible 3rd if we get Randle). Best of luck stopping them because it will be harder than stopping Iggy and Manny.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/11/2009, 11:41 PM
If Sam comes, back this is what I am assuming will be the top four Pre-Season rankings.

1) Florida
2) Texas
3) USC
4) Oklahoma

Schedule for each team

Florida schedule 2009

Charleston Southern
Troy
Tennessee
@ Kentucky
@LSU
Arkansas
@Mississippi State
Vs Georgia
Vandy
@ South Carolina
Florida International
Florida State

Texas schedule 2009

Louisiana-Monroe
@Wyoming
Central Florida
UTEP
Colorado
Vs Oklahoma
@Missouri
@Oklahoma State
Texas Tech
@Baylor
Kansas
@ Texas A&M

USC schedule 2009

San Jose State
@ Ohio State
@ Washington
Washington State
@ Cal
Arizona
@ Notre Dame
Oregon State
@ Oregon
@ Arizona State
Stanford
UCLA

Oklahoma Schedule 2009

Vs BYU
Tulsa
@Miami
(Open so far, will be a home game)
Baylor
Vs Texas
@Kansas
Kansas State
@Nebraska
Texas A&M
@Texas Tech
Oklahoma State

I think that even if Bradford returns we will be a couple spots lower in the preseason poll but I think we can still play our way where we need to be. Florida will be the preseason #1 but if Bama gets any play from their new QB next year I think they win the SEC. Saban isn't the classiest guy around but he is going to have Bama as NC contenders as long as he is there.

I guess the question is where will we sit next year if Bradford goes pro because I think it is likely. In that case I think we might get dropped to about 10-12. It is a little much to think that a team with a QB talented as Jones appears to be will be able to play for a NC but I think on the defensive side of the ball we could be much better and I think the OL is going to be a pleasant suprise next year even replacing a lot of starters.

HungaryGator
1/12/2009, 12:25 AM
No way Bama wins the SEC next year. Saban performed a minor miracle to get that team as far as he did this year and they were very lucky not to suffer any major injuries. They lose 2 extremely good OL, their star Tailback, their QB (only experienced one they had) and some studs on D from a team that was depth shy as it is. I expect Bama to finish behind LSU and Ole Miss in the SEC West. Saban is building them back up but next year they will struggle. He needs more time to bring in more recruits.

Texas returns a lot. Y'all lose some guys (OL and I gotta assume Gresham is gone-damn that guy is good) but if Bradford comes back I think you'll be top 5. U$C's Defense gets absolutely gutted. We'll see if they can bounce back from losing so many in one year. I bet they drop a couple games. For us Tebow is coming back which was the biggest part. Now if Harvin and Spikes come back (reasonable chance it happens) we will be freakin' loaded. We only started 3 Seniors this year.

JLEW1818
1/12/2009, 01:18 AM
I think that even if Bradford returns we will be a couple spots lower in the preseason poll but I think we can still play our way where we need to be. Florida will be the preseason #1 but if Bama gets any play from their new QB next year I think they win the SEC. Saban isn't the classiest guy around but he is going to have Bama as NC contenders as long as he is there.

I guess the question is where will we sit next year if Bradford goes pro because I think it is likely. In that case I think we might get dropped to about 10-12. It is a little much to think that a team with a QB talented as Jones appears to be will be able to play for a NC but I think on the defensive side of the ball we could be much better and I think the OL is going to be a pleasant suprise next year even replacing a lot of starters.

Who would be ranked ahead of us if Sam returns?? Besides the 3 teams I mentioned?

Bama lost Coffee to the draft, that can't help. and their left tackle

TXBOOMER
1/12/2009, 08:29 AM

Nobody wants to play them. Football people can't stand to see a grown man whine, so they stay as far away from Mack as possible. :P

JLEW1818
1/12/2009, 01:03 PM
are the Ducks getting a lot back?